First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Licensing
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/07

blualiem wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:

You all make me sick. You are all the plauge and downfall of anime. You are saying it's unreasonable prices?!?!?!
1 episode=30 minutes
4-5 episodes=120-150 Minutes
1 DVD= $25
You pay the same amount for a regular movie. Why should anime be any different?
Oh I forgot, your not fans of anime; YOU ARE ALL A FUCKING DISEASE!!!!
Oh and your all retarded if you think they only sell dub.
EVERY DVD HAS A LANGUAGE AND SUBTITLE FEATURE.( which by the way probable has a better translations and grammar then most of your shitty fansubs.)


They are unreasonable. $25 for a DVD is too much considering production costs are cheap as hell. Movie DVDs don't even cost that much anymore. I don't know where you're buying your movies but if you know how to shop, you'd get a movie for $15 plus an extras disk. And take American 1 hour dramas, box sets cost $40 at lots of places and you get a whole season (equivalent to 20-24 episodes) plus unaired episodes, commentary, language tracks, etc. I'd certainly say $25 is price gouging. No wonder everyone's downloading or streaming.


I don't know how to shop? I bought the entire box set of Escaflowne for $25 dollars at best buy. $25 is for NEWLY RELEASED DVDs. I'm not talking about those bargain movies that you can find in a bin at Walmart. (I'm sure your gonna say "I am talking about recent movies. You just have to look for the most obscure places to find them.)

Let me tell you where your argument fails. The reason WHY you can find movies at $15 is not because your looking at a store like Suncoast or something like that. You are being frugal and you know where to buy an movie for dirt cheap because the store you buy it from sells it cheap. Wait.....why isn't anime any different. ITS NOT. It's not even hard to find anime dirt cheap. You have to go look for stores that sell anime cheap. Same task as finding where to buy movies cheap.

Reason why anime prices are what they are:
No one buys anime. To keep anime alive, it needs to make money. Production costs are cheap? Right
I guess that's why they made FLCL 6 episodes long.
I'm sorry I meant to say 6 WHOLE episodes long.
That is why the Evangelion movie budget is ONLY estimated from $100 million to $120 million right? Because the production values are cheap.
I dunno... maybe you've been watching some cheap budget anime with a plot that could be summed up by a 5 year old high on ritalin within 3 minutes.
An established anime download site has made $200-$300 a month via adsense and adbrite. Trafficking 1500+. That is simply from downloading. You know what the downloaders do after they download an anime. They put it on youtube were about it gets 50,000 views a day.
With all the people downloading and streaming, it's no the anime industry is charging $25 for a DVD. ( I hope you caught that witty closer of mine:P )

Note: If you wanna know how crappy a site can look and still manage $200-$300 from adbrite look at this http://www.outlawstarx.com/
6797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
i hate it.. >.>
if a really good anime has to be licensed, its logical to make you pay to see it, but then on the other hand, why cant they just share it? '.' i mean let more people see it...
77249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
I would buy the DVD's IF they didnt use the "ugly" english language on it. It has never fitted into anime.

Well then again it depends on what voice, if the original is a very "light" voice and the dubbed is darker then it sucks.
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
arx7arbalest are u angry coz u bought something and a day later found out that u could watch it for free?? lol and now ur shouting at every1 who watched without buying? lol

Just a funny thought...........
784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
when an anime series is removed due to licences i think it means that the website needs to renew it licences on that anime but i could be wrong
1498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mystical Forest o...
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
They should make a law making licensing illegal, since anime and manga, like food, should be free to all! They should not be available only to those with a fatty wallet!
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 11/11/07

cgot wrote:

They should make a law making licensing illegal, since anime and manga, like food, should be free to all! They should not be available only to those with a fatty wallet!


Agree =) lol but its not gonna happen =)
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/07

blualiem wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:

You all make me sick. You are all the plauge and downfall of anime. You are saying it's unreasonable prices?!?!?!
1 episode=30 minutes
4-5 episodes=120-150 Minutes
1 DVD= $25
You pay the same amount for a regular movie. Why should anime be any different?
Oh I forgot, your not fans of anime; YOU ARE ALL A FUCKING DISEASE!!!!
Oh and your all retarded if you think they only sell dub.
EVERY DVD HAS A LANGUAGE AND SUBTITLE FEATURE.( which by the way probable has a better translations and grammar then most of your shitty fansubs.)


They are unreasonable. $25 for a DVD is too much considering production costs are cheap as hell. Movie DVDs don't even cost that much anymore. I don't know where you're buying your movies but if you know how to shop, you'd get a movie for $15 plus an extras disk. And take American 1 hour dramas, box sets cost $40 at lots of places and you get a whole season (equivalent to 20-24 episodes) plus unaired episodes, commentary, language tracks, etc. I'd certainly say $25 is price gouging. No wonder everyone's downloading or streaming.



It was filled with statistics of how much money the anime industry loses because of everyone streaming and downloading.

Let me put it simply.
Your thinking is reversed.
The anime industry charges $25 for a DVD because everyone streams and downloads anime. The ASOS brigrade puts it simply at the end of every episode during the credits proclaiming how much you guys suck.

It's not like I pay $25 for an anime DVD. I actually found most of them a lot cheaper. I bought the Escaflowne box set at $25. The ENTIRE SERIES.

Low production costs?
The evangelion movie budget is $100 million to $120 million so I would assume that you have a skewed sense of fair trade.
FLCL was only 6 episodes because the production costs were too high.

How you all are killing the anime industry:
The reason why they charge $25 for a DVD is to pay distributors who buy the rights to market them. Buying the rights to distribute an anime is NOT cheap. I can't give a good number because the figures GREATLY vary from different anime. However, reason why they are expensive. The animators are looking for higher pay because they already make little a year. The average japanese anime animator makes $8260 US a year.
If you didn't know that is a FAR cry from minimum wage here in america. Since the pay is so low, no one wants to draw anime. If no one draws anime, then there IS NO MORE ANIME. hmmm...luckily for me, I don't mind reading a book, but most of you seem to uneducated to realize the obvious.

All you you complaining that you have no money, tell that to the animators because they make less than that guy that works at your local burger king.


Edit: OH I thought my old post vanished
It didn't show up last time


firelfy wrote:

arx7arbalest are u angry coz u bought something and a day later found out that u could watch it for free?? lol and now ur shouting at every1 who watched without buying? lol

Just a funny thought...........


Right because I only found this site a year before you which was before they took off licensed videos.
9111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
h8 jst h8 it licensed anime cos i cant watch da anime i wanna watch
154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / heartland,usa
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
i know they license for merch to continue the money but i like the older stuff like akagi or go(speed)racer and 30 companys are fighting for money and the poor writer and inkers get squat.
363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / the country of Su...
Offline
Posted 11/11/07

arx7arbalest wrote:

I don't know how to shop? I bought the entire box set of Escaflowne for $25 dollars at best buy. $25 is for NEWLY RELEASED DVDs. I'm not talking about those bargain movies that you can find in a bin at Walmart. (I'm sure your gonna say "I am talking about recent movies. You just have to look for the most obscure places to find them.)

Let me tell you where your argument fails. The reason WHY you can find movies at $15 is not because your looking at a store like Suncoast or something like that. You are being frugal and you know where to buy an movie for dirt cheap because the store you buy it from sells it cheap. Wait.....why isn't anime any different. ITS NOT. It's not even hard to find anime dirt cheap. You have to go look for stores that sell anime cheap. Same task as finding where to buy movies cheap.

Reason why anime prices are what they are:
No one buys anime. To keep anime alive, it needs to make money. Production costs are cheap? Right
I guess that's why they made FLCL 6 episodes long.
I'm sorry I meant to say 6 WHOLE episodes long.
That is why the Evangelion movie budget is ONLY estimated from $100 million to $120 million right? Because the production values are cheap.
I dunno... maybe you've been watching some cheap budget anime with a plot that could be summed up by a 5 year old high on ritalin within 3 minutes.
An established anime download site has made $200-$300 a month via adsense and adbrite. Trafficking 1500+. That is simply from downloading. You know what the downloaders do after they download an anime. They put it on youtube were about it gets 50,000 views a day.
With all the people downloading and streaming, it's no the anime industry is charging $25 for a DVD. ( I hope you caught that witty closer of mine:P )

Note: If you wanna know how crappy a site can look and still manage $200-$300 from adbrite look at this http://www.outlawstarx.com/


Ok maybe I didn't clearly define what I mean by production costs. I meant the actual process of creating a DVD not producing an anime. Anyway the production cost of an anime series is irrelevant since that doesn't affect DVD pricing. A big budget film and a indie film still sell their DVDs at about the same price. Same goes for anime.

About newly released DVDs - have you gone to a store anytime recently - and not those little hole in the wall ones either? They sell for under $20, and lots of times its $15/16 for a DVD plus they throw in some extra disk/cd/whatever for promotion. It's only "special editions" that sell for $25+.

By the way, your argument in the second paragraph doesn't make any sense. You're double and triple negating. And what do anime download site profits have to do anything with DVD sales?
Posted 11/11/07
I really don't care if it's licensed or not. They do need to make money for what they make it's like cartoons and movies we make. I just wished we would stop getting these series so we have better chances of seeing it here just in japaness. Not saying I hate all dubs the peace maker,inuyasha, excel saga, and xenosage have the best dubs to me! But some dubs need to die or just get new voice actors.
874 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
well can't blame them their doing this for a living too ya know
2135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Peru :)
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
i sucks i want to watch death note all over again and is lincesed and also inuyasha that i never finished
it really sucks
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 11/11/07
Yeah I'm sad bout Inuyasha too
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.