First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
name made with the word anime only
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

SixthSpade wrote:
Like i said, I have 2 names because of legal issues.. You can try this country along with other countries.. But it has to follow the rules of their pronunciation..



I am referring to people with one name.
And last time i checked: The names do not follow English rules of pronunciation in all cases
and its 100% legal.

you're attempt at being a smart ass has failed.
Stop.
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:
Like i said, I have 2 names because of legal issues.. You can try this country along with other countries.. But it has to follow the rules of their pronunciation..



I am referring to people with one name.
And last time i checked: The names do not follow English rules of pronunciation in all cases
and its 100% legal.

you're attempt at being a smart ass has failed.
Stop.


What kind of check did you do..? Because my foreign name can't be pronounced in English, I have to have a name that can be pronounced in English.. Most of my family is the same..

Smart ass or not, facts are facts..
Posted 5/2/08
an ?
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08

SixthSpade wrote:


izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:
Like i said, I have 2 names because of legal issues.. You can try this country along with other countries.. But it has to follow the rules of their pronunciation..



I am referring to people with one name.
And last time i checked: The names do not follow English rules of pronunciation in all cases
and its 100% legal.

you're attempt at being a smart ass has failed.
Stop.


What kind of check did you do..? Because my foreign name can't be pronounced in English, I have to have a name that can be pronounced in English.. Most of my family is the same..

Smart ass or not, facts are facts..


Ok. You don't seem to get it.
Many people with foreign names have them as their legal names. Others can butcher the pronunciation, but that does not make it not legit.


And facts are not facts without evidence of such a 'law'
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

zeroedged wrote:

[email protected] well since you completely ignored me destroying your argument

You don't have to be able to pronounce the name, what gave you that idea, I know plenty of people at my school who have names I can't pronounce and it is their name.


And to you, Optimus Prime is legible in English... I said if it's not legible..
2302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada.
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
anime.....

nia
mia
ani
mea
ian
man...hahaha jokes!
ina
emi
ami
ena
ane
...........

just mad random wons!
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:


izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:
Like i said, I have 2 names because of legal issues.. You can try this country along with other countries.. But it has to follow the rules of their pronunciation..



I am referring to people with one name.
And last time i checked: The names do not follow English rules of pronunciation in all cases
and its 100% legal.

you're attempt at being a smart ass has failed.
Stop.


What kind of check did you do..? Because my foreign name can't be pronounced in English, I have to have a name that can be pronounced in English.. Most of my family is the same..

Smart ass or not, facts are facts..


Ok. You don't seem to get it.
Many people with foreign names have them as their legal names. Others can butcher the pronunciation, but that does not make it not legit.


And facts are not facts without evidence of such a 'law'


I don't know who you're trying to convince when my entire family and me are living evidence..
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08
if you can say it no matter how stupid you sound it is legible, if you can read it, it is legible, everything that you have brought to the table is pointless bickering izickree already proved you wrong. and yes you can butcher the pronunciation I can't pronounce Korean names to save my life but I know people that that is their legal name so, you're either making stuff up, or you changed your name for no reason.
Posted 5/2/08
i hope this thread will soon be closed

its getting dangerous here!
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08

SixthSpade wrote:
I don't know who you're trying to convince when my entire family and me are living evidence..


I'm asking for the law tyvm.
FYI, if you live in the States, English is only 'the official language' in only half of the states.
And the federal government enforces no 'official language'



GOOD DAY SIR!
5451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:


izickree wrote:

Considering that you can name someone anything
5! = 5x4x3x2x1 = 120 possible names.


Well, that's not exactly true because you can't line up consonants..
Also Names have to be real names and not made up ones..

What is a real name?
I can name my kid Lksotrd if i wanted to.

Who's gonna stop me?

touche' =)
Posted 5/2/08
i have no idea if these are names but w/e
amine
ameni
anmie
aimen
aimne
emina
eiman
eimna
naime
neima
nimae
namie
nemai
maine (haha XD thats funny i just randomly put that...)
meina
minae

ok this is just random =P so those are probably not names except "Maine"
1564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
i think

nimea
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

izickree wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:
I don't know who you're trying to convince when my entire family and me are living evidence..


I'm asking for the law tyvm.
FYI, if you live in the States, English is only 'the official language' in only half of the states.
And the federal government enforces no 'official language'



GOOD DAY SIR!


Wow.. You completely avoid the other persons arguments in order to try to get a point that has already been proven wrong.. You know I'm a resident of the United States don't you..? California, which is one of the most democratic states in America.. Have you ever wondered why a large number of people from foreign countries are given names in English..? Only the foreign names that are able to be pronounced in English are kept..
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08

SixthSpade wrote:
Wow.. You completely avoid the other persons arguments in order to try to get a point that has already been proven wrong.. You know I'm a resident of the United States don't you..? California, which is one of the most democratic states in America.. Have you ever wondered why a large number of people from foreign countries are given names in English..? Only the foreign names that are able to be pronounced in English are kept..


I think you are confusing pronunciation with spelling.
Of course one would have to change one's name using the English alphabet considering that many countries use different writing systems.

I am not avoiding your argument. I am providing counter-arguments.
My points prove your points wrong because
you are saying that you need to have a name that can be pronounced in English
I have provided examples against you.

However, your points do not prove mine wrong because what I have said are facts and have already happened.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.