First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Most overrated game?
898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/26/08
final fantasy, and halo
3856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Outer Heaven
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Kanone wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Kanone wrote:


Hen-Thai wrote:

Halo is pretty overrated.


Marry me. :0

Worse can't describe how fans fap over that series. You hold a gun and blow stuff up... oh wait, just like EVERY other FPS out there.


Halo is overrated, but it doesn't sound like you even played it enough to deem it so. You are saying that every FPS is overrated, because you hold a gun in all of them and you blow stuff up in all of them. Great logic there.


Uh... har har?

Unfortunately for you, YOUR logic is wrong on this one. I agreed on a previous poster's opinion of Halo. Which I found, after 4 hours of it, lacked any decent gameplay that set it apart from other games of that genre.

"You hold a gun and blow stuff up... oh wait, just like EVERY other FPS out there."

Read it carefully. You blow stuff up. Just like every other FPS out there. Hmm... nope. I didn't mention that every one of them was overrated.

Great logic you have there. :B
No, you said you hold a gun and blow stuff up and you said Halo was overrated, saying its overrated because you do the basic thing of shooting and blowing stuff up, is also saying every game that is holding a gun and blowing stuff up is overrated, and give me a FPS where you don't hold a gun and blow stuff up.

The argument could be that in Halo, you hold a gun and blow stuff up, but it is more polished then other FPS, or it could be that its less polished, or the way in which you blow things up could be different, but you, you just say its overrated because you hold a gun and blow stuff up like every other game. Therefore, every game in which you hold a game and blow stuff up, like in another game, is overrated, by that logic at least.



Obviously I can see that this conversation is going nowhere fast. Only the poignant details of what I originally wanted to speculate. Yes, there is no FPS out there where you don't hold a gun and blow stuff to smithereens, THAT's the point I'm trying to make. I don't like those type of games, but when it comes to Halo, I don't see how it really is any different, and that people overhype about that series alone.
Posted 7/26/08

Kanone wrote:



Obviously I can see that this conversation is going nowhere fast. Only the poignant details of what I originally wanted to speculate. Yes, there is no FPS out there where you don't hold a gun and blow stuff to smithereens, THAT's the point I'm trying to make. I don't like those type of games, but when it comes to Halo, I don't see how it really is any different, and that people overhype about that series alone.


Then you have no right to judge something if you are going to go in and look at it in a shallow and biased manner. Its like a person who hates JRPG's and random encounters playing FF7 and saying its overhyped, yeah, the game is overhyped, but HE is biased, so what he says really doesn't matter.
15151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Where you are?
Offline
Posted 7/26/08
Kingdom Hearts FFX GTA HALO Dance Dance Revolution
7993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/26/08
One from each system, hehe

Halo 3
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Jose
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
Halo 3
Cabal
SSB:Brawl
1251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Wright Anything A...
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
Everyone game that was given incredible reviews is over-rated.....

640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Say I-H-O-P-NESS
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

dmitsuki wrote:


SURVIVALsp1 wrote:


Honestly, they just are that bad to me.

The World End With You is a great JRPG, it does a lot but not enough.
Sure they added a new way of play, but even that get repetitive starting from about 25% through the game.
Everything else about the game was average-RPG format: average plot, crappy dialogue, (usually) teenage protagonists, an equipment section, inventory with food, and all the other stuff that I cannot think of right now. By the time I actually finished the game, I threw it away into the deepest reaches of my closet, hoping to never ever see it again, unless I am really really bored.

Super Mario RPG just wasn't fun for me. Sure it had a great plot, and I was happy that Bowser was actually one of the protagonists this time, but that just wasn't enough. The battle system had the action commands thingy where you had to time to counterattack or block, but that was it. Overall, it was still just turn based combat.


And don't get me started on graphics. I could play a really crappy looking game and give a great review and rating, as long as it is fun.


Wth? It sounds like you don't even like JRPG's, in which case, why are you playing these games? TWEWY has a great new action battle system, that once you get the hang of is very fun, if you say it gets repetitive then don't play a FPS because all you do is shoot things for the whole game, or a action game because all you will be doing is cutting stuff up through the game. Also, just because a protagonist is a teenager doesn't mean you write them off automatically. Honestly, I hate when people say that, its like they want all there characters to be 25 year old men or some crap, in which it would not fit at all for this story. Not only that, Neku isn't your typical main character. For one, Neku isn't some badass, nor is he that awesome guy, or just the average joe they try to get you to releate to. Neku is a person, his own person, he hates other people for the most part, has a idol, and wants to live. Every character is different and unique. The dialouge written for the game is good, I even laughed my ass off at some parts, and the story isn't just like every other RPG. Tell me all these RPG's that follow this ones story? It follows a general outline of presenting characters and having them develop, but if that honestly makes you mad, then wtf? For Super Mario RPG, your complaining about turn based combat, how can you call a game overrated if you don't even like turn based combat? Don't play the damn game if you don't like turn based combat, thats like a person calling Bioshock overrated because they hate shooting guns. Honestly from your complaints all you want is something that isn't a RPG at all, in which case, STOP PLAYING RPG'S!

The graphics for TWEWY are good, the game has a nice visual style with the backgrounds and the people populating Shibuya, if you don't like games that focus on style over pixels, go pay 4000 bucks on the best PC evar and play Crysis, and Super Mario RPG is a SNES game, stop bitching.


So, its been three days since you have written this, during which my family and I have gone on a trip with a laptop that would get an error every time I accessed CR. So let's begin... again.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jackass or an asswipe. I find myself getting more and more critical of games, because there haven't been any good ones out. And when a good one does come out, it is often shortlived for me.

You say that I hate JRPGs, but the truth is quite the opposite. I love them. While I may not have played the really really legendary ones like VII or something else that I can't really name, I really love them. I've started somewhat basing some of them because: 1) as I have stated before, there hasn't really been a good JRPG for me for a while; and 2) it is mildly entertaining.

I admit, I enjoy the plot of TWEWY. It's dark, it's deep, and it's enough to keep me hooked onto the game with it's several plot twists, but personally, I don't care about the plot. If the game is fun and enjoyable, the plot can be shit for all I care.

Again, I do enjoy the battle system, but as with almost every JRPG, the battle system get extremely same-y at about the middle of the game and I lose all interest from the game (that is unless you decided to skip all the unneccessary battles)

Now for Super Mario RPG, I like turn based combat. It'w what got me into RPG for the first time. And it's what I've been playing for almost 85% of my RPGs. So after I read a few reviews for the game, I decided to try it out, but it still just a regular turn-based battle system, which gets extremely boring after about 50% of the game, even with the partner attacks too.

And finally, I think you have me mistaken for what I said about the graphics. What I meant is that as long as a game is good, I wouldn't care how crappy a game looks.
3856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Outer Heaven
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Then you have no right to judge something if you are going to go in and look at it in a shallow and biased manner.


*facepalm*

Were you not listening to me when I said that I've experienced a large number of FPS's? How you think I'm being biased I'll never know. =/
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
okay i believe halo 3 is overrated but gta? it really took a step up in gta 4 with a whole better story line and live and stuff... i think assasins creed was overrated too
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
I can agree that FFVII is vastly overrated, don't get me wrong, it was my first FF game and I love it dearly, but many people tend to overrate it greatly. I think it's because of the graphics back then. KH is another one, but I still love it anyway.
Posted 7/27/08

Kanone wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Then you have no right to judge something if you are going to go in and look at it in a shallow and biased manner.


*facepalm*

Were you not listening to me when I said that I've experienced a large number of FPS's? How you think I'm being biased I'll never know. =/


You could of played every FPS ever, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM THOUGH THEN YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM Its like me calling a RTS bad and average because it feels like another RTS, in which I don't even like RTS's, so my opinion is shallow and biased.
Posted 7/27/08

SURVIVALsp1 wrote:



So, its been three days since you have written this, during which my family and I have gone on a trip with a laptop that would get an error every time I accessed CR. So let's begin... again.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jackass or an asswipe. I find myself getting more and more critical of games, because there haven't been any good ones out. And when a good one does come out, it is often shortlived for me.

You say that I hate JRPGs, but the truth is quite the opposite. I love them. While I may not have played the really really legendary ones like VII or something else that I can't really name, I really love them. I've started somewhat basing some of them because: 1) as I have stated before, there hasn't really been a good JRPG for me for a while; and 2) it is mildly entertaining.

I admit, I enjoy the plot of TWEWY. It's dark, it's deep, and it's enough to keep me hooked onto the game with it's several plot twists, but personally, I don't care about the plot. If the game is fun and enjoyable, the plot can be shit for all I care.

Again, I do enjoy the battle system, but as with almost every JRPG, the battle system get extremely same-y at about the middle of the game and I lose all interest from the game (that is unless you decided to skip all the unneccessary battles)

Now for Super Mario RPG, I like turn based combat. It'w what got me into RPG for the first time. And it's what I've been playing for almost 85% of my RPGs. So after I read a few reviews for the game, I decided to try it out, but it still just a regular turn-based battle system, which gets extremely boring after about 50% of the game, even with the partner attacks too.

And finally, I think you have me mistaken for what I said about the graphics. What I meant is that as long as a game is good, I wouldn't care how crappy a game looks.


Final Fantasy 7 wasn't epic....it was meh. RPG's last longer then other games, a lot longer then other games, I have over 300 hours on some of them, and 150 hours of just about anything gets boring, imagine shooting stuff for 150 HOURS. It would just get old.

Then, you don't like turn based battle systems in general, it doesn't get much better or different then that.
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the Middle of...
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
God of War, Halo, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of those games. It's just that I believe them to be slightly overrated.
1251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Wright Anything A...
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
needs more nanomachines

btw, Kojima, i riked it.
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.