First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What were you told?
4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / by the ocean~
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
When I was little I was told if I watched something cook in the microwave it would explode!
And that if I swallowed watermelon seeds little watermelons would grow inside of me
Oh and the famous one if you make silly faces it'll get stuck that way
loll what were you told (and believed) when you were little?

My first topic just something I've been wondering, I don't think its a repeat..? Hope it can stay reasonable..if it works
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
I was told that if i didn't run away from evil people, i'll be sold into evil land and grow up to be a Hardcore Basketball player, playing in the FIFA World Cup as an engineer.
14052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
If you chewed gum after 10pm you were chewing the bones of dead ppl. The only way my mom could get me to stop she got tired of taking it out of my hair in the morning.
If your mean to your doll they will get when your asleep. I guess she told me this so I would stop mutilating those damn barbies.
Here is a little mexican threats used to keep me in line if you whistle at night the La Lachusa would get you.If your really bad the La Llorna would get you.
7281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
If I use Soap in the scalp they'll stop growing and Shampoo in the body will grow hair rapidly hahahaha.........or suck the thumb finger....THUMB SUCKER....can cause you to have snakes right out of the finger.......
5943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
Like forgetmenots I was told if you pull faces and the wind changes you will be stuck like that. I used to tell my sons the same thing. Wonder if they will say it to their kids later on?

Also, my grandfather told me acorns were poisonous to stop me chewing them when I was 4.
8622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / here^^
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
-They used to tell me when I was little if you eat seeds of a fruit it will grow inside your tummy...
-If I get wounded a white horse would come out of the wound
-When you cross your eyes, uhn.. when the wind blown in your face, it will stay like that forever..
-I forgot the others
74897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / /cm/
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
-if you eat bread crust, you'll grow alot of hair.
-if you eat to much macaroni, you'll turn into one.
-when you make silly faces, your face can get stuck.
-if I ate something after 8:00pm, the food I ate will come to eat me.
-if you eat the apple skin, you'll grow really tall.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Australia =)
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
my mum told me that if i held hands with a boy i would get pregnant =P she said that to me up until i was 16 lawl
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

forgetmenots wrote:

When I was little I was told if I watched something cook in the microwave it would explode!
And that if I swallowed watermelon seeds little watermelons would grow inside of me
Oh and the famous one if you make silly faces it'll get stuck that way
loll what were you told (and believed) when you were little?

My first topic just something I've been wondering, I don't think its a repeat..? Hope it can stay reasonable..if it works


i was just told if i read this thread i would drop even more in my iq.
7037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / I live in england...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
hehe i was told if i smelt dandelions i would wet the bed, if i sat to close to the telly id need glasses, if id eat carrots id see in the dark.....god there's loads
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

amanda233 wrote:

hehe i was told if i smelt dandelions i would wet the bed, if i sat to close to the telly id need glasses, if id eat carrots id see in the dark.....god there's loads


its true though, carrots give u super eye power, u got to eat lots though.
18564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / near the sea
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
l was told that if l didn't sleep early,, the witch will come and take me away
4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / by the ocean~
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

Kenshin1986 wrote:


forgetmenots wrote:

When I was little I was told if I watched something cook in the microwave it would explode!
And that if I swallowed watermelon seeds little watermelons would grow inside of me
Oh and the famous one if you make silly faces it'll get stuck that way
loll what were you told (and believed) when you were little?

My first topic just something I've been wondering, I don't think its a repeat..? Hope it can stay reasonable..if it works


i was just told if i read this thread i would drop even more in my iq.


Well if you read it after that then you obviously don't care


4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / by the ocean~
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

amanda233 wrote:

hehe i was told if i smelt dandelions i would wet the bed, if i sat to close to the telly id need glasses, if id eat carrots id see in the dark.....god there's loads


loll I was told that too, so I ate carrots like everyday because I wanted to see in the dark!
10900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no code to escape...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
^ Please refrain from double posting ~ Edit ur 2nd post....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.