First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
The Hispanic/Latino Race
1460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / what makes u thin...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
alright , alright , no spanish w/e.........it got boring, c u guys *waves*
4425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
If u write in another language and the users and mods dont understand, you could be saying anything and no one would know unless they knew the language. but moreover it is just a convience for everything to be in a single language, becuase many countries around the world teach english, therefore most people know english and its the common language
2119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / southern ontario
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

wingdavid01 wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

so you're saying we can't write in Spanish? Why?


Read the rules and use common sense. If the site is in English, and you are able to navigate through it, then you should be able to speak English so that everyone understands you. Not every user nor mod understands Spanish. There has to be a standard and it happens to be English.



do you speak Spanish? And so what if the users don't speak Spanish or the Mods either, why is it so wrong
to write stuff in another language?


Hello, this is an english website. If you don't understand English, then make a spanish CR...and stop arguing with a mod. Read the rules before you open your mouth.

Posted 5/4/08

lover703 wrote:


hey at least i can name one ca u name any Asian billionaire's and black people? AHH WHAT ABOUT THE DICTAROSHIP GOING ON IN OTHER COUNTRIES ? We are known for hardworking poele

One reason for Slim’s meteoric rise might be because he is also still working.

Despite his vast riches, Slim reportedly shuns corporate jets and flashy offices and sported a plastic watch during the 1990s.

Earlier this month he allied himself with the foundation of former US president Bill Clinton and with Canadian mining magnate Frank Giustra to launch an anti-poverty campaign in Latin America.


no, why would I name people that do not concern me? Like that rich man may be wealthy but what does his wealth have to do with you? It doesn't concern you in any way and it doesn't prove anything. It just shows that one man was able to make it to the top. That man doesn't speak for the entire community and his wealthy and intellect is his own. Coming here now posting pics and name serves no justice. Many peoples opinion still remain the same.
11195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

MidnightTide wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

so you're saying we can't write in Spanish? Why?


Read the rules and use common sense. If the site is in English, and you are able to navigate through it, then you should be able to speak English so that everyone understands you. Not every user nor mod understands Spanish. There has to be a standard and it happens to be English.



do you speak Spanish? And so what if the users don't speak Spanish or the Mods either, why is it so wrong
to write stuff in another language?


Hello, this is an english website. If you don't understand English, then make a spanish CR...and stop arguing with a mod. Read the rules before you open your mouth.



I'm just saying I think I can write Spanish to another Spanish speaking user, right?
I'm not using Spanish with you, that is what I was trying to say, that if I was forbidden to use
Spanish at all?
2119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / southern ontario
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

wingdavid01 wrote:


MidnightTide wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

so you're saying we can't write in Spanish? Why?


Read the rules and use common sense. If the site is in English, and you are able to navigate through it, then you should be able to speak English so that everyone understands you. Not every user nor mod understands Spanish. There has to be a standard and it happens to be English.



do you speak Spanish? And so what if the users don't speak Spanish or the Mods either, why is it so wrong
to write stuff in another language?


Hello, this is an english website. If you don't understand English, then make a spanish CR...and stop arguing with a mod. Read the rules before you open your mouth.



I'm just saying I think I can write Spanish to another Spanish speaking user, right?
I'm not using Spanish with you, that is what I was trying to say, that if I was forbidden to use
Spanish at all?



Please, it would be so much easier if you would read the rules. This is an english website, in the forums you must use English. If you want to pm another user (or guestbook) in Spanish, go ahead.

But everyone, just read the rules.
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
Stay on topic guys and no flaming! I deleted the inappropriate posts! If you have more questions about the "Only English" rule let me know in a PM. NOT here on the thread. Cheers =)!
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/08 , edited 5/4/08
Ok ,back to the topic Hispanic ....thing you need to know about us .

1,The term now refers to the culture and peoples of the Spanish-speaking countries of Hispanic America and Spain; or regions with a historical link to Spain including the Southwestern United States; the African nations of Equatorial Guinea, Western Sahara; the Asia-Pacific nations of the Philippines, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands; and to the ethnic individuals of those cultures. It can also refer to the Hispanosphere geographical distribution, the same way Latin (Latino) refers to the Romance languages in general.


2,Hispanus was the Latin name given to the people of Hispania, the Hispano-Romans. The Hispano-Romans were composed of people from many different origins tribes of Hispania.[2] Some famous Hispani (plural of Hispanus) were Seneca the Elder, Seneca the Younger, Lucan, Martial, Prudentius, the Roman Emperor Trajan, the Roman Emperor Theodosius I, and also Magnus Maximus and Maximus of Hispania. The etymology of the words, Hispanic, Spanish and Hispano-Roman, has the same Latin root name, Hispania, but the connotation of the original meaning of the root word has slightly different meanings in the multiple derived modern English words

3,Hispania is used to refer to a province of the Roman empire, the native land of the Hispano-Romans.


4,Neither term refers to a race, as a person of Latino or Hispanic ethnicity can be of any race.[10][6] Like non-Latinos, a Latino can be White/Caucasian, or Black/African American, or Asian or Native American or Pacific Islander. Again like non-Latinos, some may identify with more than one race, such as Mestizo (a bi-racial person of White/Caucasian and Native American descent), Mulatto (a person of White/Caucasian and Black/African American descent), Zambo (a person of Native American and Black/African American descent) or any other race or combination.

5,Although as officially defined in the United States, "Latino" does not include Brazilian Americans,[5][6] and specifically refers to "Spanish culture or origin",[5][6] some of the dictionary definitions may include them and/or Brazilians in general. Furthermore, Hispanic or Latino origin is, like race, a matter of self-identification in the US, and government and non-government questionnaires, including the census form,[11] usually contain a blank entry space wherein respondents can indicate a Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin other than the few (Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Cuban) which are specified; presumably, Brazilian Americans can thus self-identify as being of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity — as can anyone with no Latin American background, however. Brazilian Americans are not included with Hispanics and Latinos in the government's population reports.[12][6]
11195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08 , edited 5/4/08

MidnightTide wrote:

Please, it would be so much easier if you would read the rules. This is an english website, in the forums you must use English. If you want to pm another user (or guestbook) in Spanish, go ahead.

But everyone, just read the rules.

I've read the rules, not like anyone care about them, but I was just saying that if I wanted
to talk in Spanish to another Spanish talking user I could, that's all regarding what the rules say,
and I don't need to PM them for it. Nothing wrong with using Spanish in the forum as long as it isn't
vulgar, or to a non-spanish speaking user.

Edit: Do0mAid - I already PMed you, and asked you to not post about the issue here anymore. Thanks.
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
i dont have any problems with them. one of my bffs is south american. i love her mom's food!<3
Posted 5/4/08
I have no problems with Hispanics whatsoever! I think that they are all really awesome!!!
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/08 , edited 5/4/08
The Hispanic/Latino same thing

291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
Haha, I'm South American and proud. =) Good to know there are Hispanics here.
1870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / \( ø∑ø;)/ New YAW...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

LaazRockit wrote:

Freedom of speech anyone? Now they are threatening to ban me, if I say anything "negative" about black or latino race. They should just start to behave like human beings and not like filthy animals. Maybe then thousands of people are willing to think differently about them (blacks/latinos).


i'm pretty sure i don't act like a filthy animal.

also, people of every ethnicities act like retards. people just choose to point out more wrongs of certain ethnicities than others. if you weren't negative, there'd be no reason to ban you.

smile, why don't you?
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/08 , edited 5/4/08

LaazRockit wrote:

Freedom of speech anyone? Now they are threatening to ban me, if I say anything "negative" about black or latino race. They should just start to behave like human beings and not like filthy animals. Maybe then thousands of people are willing to think differently about them (blacks/latinos).


Thing is, it was not the content but the context, if you have something negative to say, justify it. Mere hate speech does not justify itself and this forum has rules, hence it has a certain regulation to it. Which includes hate speech or anything of the sort.

Freedom of speech is certainly protected in the US for example. But advertising is a form of speech and guess what? is regulated. Why? to protect the rights of others, like privacy. Similar train of thought, hate speech or anything similar is generally regulated to protect and or prevent potential conflicts.

2801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
i dont really care what race ppl are cuz we r all human but some hispanics can be kinda perverted and some makes fun of asians allot like the whole china cochina crap in english is somthing like asians r nasty or somthing i wish thos ones should just get over them selved and look around
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.