Remove this ad
First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
Post Reply Are asian bands better than american bands? =0
Posted 1/21/11
Its weird to compare them because you're comparing boybands to bands that actually play instruments and the genres differ as well. I say American bands are better in terms of quality of music and originality but I do admit that boybands do come out with pretty catchy tunes and they dont look too bad either.
275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/6/11

I choose Asian Bands, why, well I think American music is just.............. boring I mean every single song is about the same thing, well it is now a days anyway. and Justin Bieber totally ruined American music for me. So now a days I only listen to Asian music.

you can call me weird but that's what I choose to do
Posted 3/6/11

mt4gt wrote:

More and more people, even here in the U.S, are listening to k-pop, j-pop, etc. and not as much to American-originated bands. So the question is..which genre of bands do u like listening to more?

As for me..I'm part asian but I love American bands like paramore and panic way more than bands like big bang, super junior, etc...


I find it quite annoying when people listen to big bang, and super junior, mainstream korean etc. like 'Lies' and then people are like,"..THAT SONG IS SO SAD." When they don't even understand one word.

and, I disagree, not one of my friends listen to korean music, like BB, or SJ even my Korean friends.
Posted 3/6/11

quynhie wrote:

Its weird to compare them because you're comparing boybands to bands that actually play instruments and the genres differ as well. I say American bands are better in terms of quality of music and originality but I do admit that boybands do come out with pretty catchy tunes and they dont look too bad either.


Bolded for every girl's reason as to why they watch and listen to there music,
33387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Cowboy Land
Offline
Posted 3/6/11 , edited 3/6/11
Most of my ipod is consisted of asian music I guess I can relate to it more?
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/11
Nope.

Alice in Chains>Asian Bands
22538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/7/11
eh, both are equal. i listen to asian songs more but i listen to american songs too
Posted 3/9/11

Deathguitar wrote:


quynhie wrote:

Its weird to compare them because you're comparing boybands to bands that actually play instruments and the genres differ as well. I say American bands are better in terms of quality of music and originality but I do admit that boybands do come out with pretty catchy tunes and they dont look too bad either.


Bolded for every girl's reason as to why they watch and listen to there music,


Are you implying that females only listen to their* own preference of music solely on appearance? If that is the case, I highly beg to differ. It seems to me like you completely missed the intention of my original post.
2395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/11/11
i prefer japands BANDS (not boybands) over british, over US ones.
Recently, US bands songs sound too alike, or are just waaaay to 'pop-py' to be real rock. sad.
J-rock usually have more interesting/better instrumentals, and i prefer the deep smooth, or hard/high vocals jrock/v-kei usually has over raspy, throaty voices of USbands,
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/11
Metal and Rock will always triumph.


But yeah, American and European Music is still much more popular.
1610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 4/5/11

deltaportal wrote:

Nope.

Alice in Chains>Asian Bands


^ I agree with this ^^
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/11

berries-382 wrote:

i prefer japands BANDS (not boybands) over british, over US ones.
Recently, US bands songs sound too alike, or are just waaaay to 'pop-py' to be real rock. sad.
J-rock usually have more interesting/better instrumentals, and i prefer the deep smooth, or hard/high vocals jrock/v-kei usually has over raspy, throaty voices of USbands,


To listen to Music you can't understand over something that's been a tradition for many years?

That makes sense.... Sort of... Not really.
2395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/6/11
who said i don't understand? the lyrics are usually the best part part of the song.
there are several times when i didn't like the melody/song itself, but liked it (a lot more) after i find out to who, and why it was written, and understood the lyrics properly.

and i have no idea where your 'tradition' thing is coming from. it might be YOUR tradition to to listen to pop songs, but it was never mine.
And even if it was, I WOULD rather listen to something gibberish and good instead of something that isn't, just because it's a tradition.
19576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 4/6/11 , edited 4/6/11
Not all Asian music rocks and not all America music sucks... But I think that this question is purely subjective.
6636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / in paradise
Offline
Posted 4/6/11
I like asian bands.
I listen 2 american bands sometimes 2.
First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.