First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is Japan overrated?
1269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

sleepinglionheart24 wrote:

I agree David, they think Japan is like the best country. They never grew up there and they think the life there is so awesome. Like for example in US people think High school is soooo good you get your own lockers and a great campus... WRONG my high school and others i went to are nothing like it.


Please explain how High school really is over there.
2290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / M / Lemon in the Grov...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

sleepinglionheart24 wrote:

I agree David, they think Japan is like the best country. They never grew up there and they think the life there is so awesome. Like for example in US people think High school is soooo good you get your own lockers and a great campus... WRONG my high school and others i went to are nothing like it.

And alsoo about those "cool" uniforms.. if most schools imposed that on a school in america itd be like No way! Individual freedom! But omg japan does it? i wanna go there!

1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

Nameless4 wrote:


AznDavid wrote:

But isn't it a bit over rated? I mean, yeah you watch an anime but that's not what Japan is really like. Oh wow jrock, I wanna go to japan. You aren't just gonna see some jrocker right off the street. I mean sooo many people take it tooo overboard when it comes to these japan issues. Japan is like everywhere else. It's a home, it probably has walmart and mcdonalds, and electronics eventually get over here. What's with the infatuation? No offense really it just ticks me off sometimes like people saying I wish I was born japanese because they're cool. You don't just get born that way. You work your way up. the end Opinions?


I have to agree, if Japan didn't have any of things that make it well known, Japan would probably be viewed as another country.


Japan IS another country. And they do have a lot of things that make them well known, and most of them challenge their government's probity.
14469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
Well, I think its a matter of where you are...

Americans and other people view Japan as this awesome place filled with magic, but if you ask a Japanese person what they think about Japan, they'll say it's nothing great.
It's the same thing for some Japanese people. They think that the US is this great place while we sit here wondering why they would want to live like us.

I say I wanna live in Japan cuz I'm tired of the US...
Japanese people say they wanna live in the US cuz they're tired of Japan.

People want something different than what they have.
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
i guess, i was about to get mad because the title of your thread sounded like you were going to say something very mean =/ im half japanese (though im 4th generation in america), and want to go to japan, and see some concerts and maybe go to a baseball game but i see what your saying.
1269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

mrsfinny wrote:

Well, I think its a matter of where you are...

Americans and other people view Japan as this awesome place filled with magic, but if you ask a Japanese person what they think about Japan, they'll say it's nothing great.
It's the same thing for some Japanese people. They think that the US is this great place while we sit here wondering why they would want to live like us.

I say I wanna live in Japan cuz I'm tired of the US...
Japanese people say they wanna live in the US cuz they're tired of Japan.

People want something different than what they have.


Basically they saying "The grass is greener on the other side" or something along those lines.
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Edmonton, Alberta...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
Yeah, I think so too,
I really want to go to Korea, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up
for what its really like there.
Tokyo = New York.
Thats what I think.
The Asian New York.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

coreyb49127 wrote:


azrael910 wrote:


coreyb49127 wrote:

And for the Record McDonalds here is SOOOOO much better than Mcdonalds in the states


I call bullshit. I ate at McDonalds in japan and it tasted exactly the same. Everyone told me the same thing too (that it tasted it better). The ONLY difference is the the food looks just like the damned picture over there. They even arranged it on my tray for me. At least for stuff that we both have on the menu.

Only thing I noticed that really tasted different was the coke. I thought it was a lot sweeter than it is here.


its not neccsairly the taste, but its not a bunch of punk ass teen-age kids who dont care making you burger. the enviroment at the McDonalds here is cleaner and somewhat nicer. One thing i have noticed about japanese people over here is that no matter what they do they take pride in their job because they have one


yeah, that's true enough. however, at least i don't have to be in a giant cloud of smoke in mcdonalds here in the state. for such a clean healthy people, i still can't fathom why so many of them smoke - and on top of that smoke everywhere.
Posted 11/15/07

coreyb49127 wrote:

this thread seems pointless


I AGREE. - v - ''


and sometime u will see jrocker or singers at the street.- v - ''
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Edmonton, Alberta...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

chocuqueen wrote:


coreyb49127 wrote:

this thread seems pointless


I AGREE. - v - ''


and sometime u will see jrocker or singers at the street.- v - ''


Probably not..
You don't see Britney Spears if you walk down Hollywood Blvd.
Posted 11/15/07

SeoulIncheon wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:


coreyb49127 wrote:

this thread seems pointless


I AGREE. - v - ''


and sometime u will see jrocker or singers at the street.- v - ''


Probably not..
You don't see Britney Spears if you walk down Hollywood Blvd.



well ya because it depends..not all right.=] i know in taiwan some singers walk around the street.-0-'' i dont know why tho.. lol but ya most of my friends are friends with taiwanese singers..
647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 日本
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
Well... I am Japanese and I have lived in Japan for quite a long time. I can safely say it's a great place... People like Japan/want to go there/ want to be japanese because they want the experiences the people in the dramas have had and stuff....

But personally... I'm happy that people love Japan and Japanese people~!

日本人と日本は素敵ですね~?えええええ~ 私の日本語は悪いだ!絶望した~!DX
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / don't want to tel...
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
it sucks...
there is no interesting in this forum...
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

gothiclolita_rabu wrote:

Well... I am Japanese and I have lived in Japan for quite a long time. I can safely say it's a great place... People like Japan/want to go there/ want to be japanese because they want the experiences the people in the dramas have had and stuff....

But personally... I'm happy that people love Japan and Japanese people~!

日本人と日本は素敵ですね~?えええええ~ 私の日本語は悪いだ!絶望した~!DX


Do you say Ultraman Seven like "Urutoro man Sebbun"? and Final fantasy as "Finu Fantaji"? And mix English with jap? coz it sounds funny ^^
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

altheacassandra wrote:

it sucks...
there is no interesting in this forum...


You suck! You're not interesting!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.