Old Boy
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/5/08
Old Boy has always been one of my favorite asian movies over(it was even in imdb's top 200 greatest movies of all time + u can watch it on cr )
but it wasnt till today tht i realized tht there was a manga version as well,and it's just as interesting as the movie .... definitely one of the better seinen mangas i've read
Any1 else read this manga?
32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / london
Offline
Posted 5/5/08
I prefer the film,
in the manga his hair doesn't grow ridiculously long whilst being captured.. and that bit was rather funny in the film, ohwell...
oh, oh dae su!
Posted 5/5/08 , edited 5/5/08


Oldboy???!!

Whatsome's SUPER PICK!!! (^_^)v

Old boy > Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance




Words typed in bold letters to express anger or anxiety, a manga can only do so much...

16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/5/08

tanyuj wrote:

I prefer the film,
in the manga his hair doesn't grow ridiculously long whilst being captured.. and that bit was rather funny in the film, ohwell...
oh, oh dae su!


yeh,thtz coz of the hairdresser....the movie version wouldnt have allowed any1 to cuff him and blindfold him willingly
228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Statesboro/Savann...
Offline
Posted 5/5/08
Wow! I finally watched Oldboy on Saturday!
I really liked it. I considered reading the manga first but I was always told that the movie was a lot better, but I might still check it out.
The soundtrack is pretty awesome too.
32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / london
Offline
Posted 5/5/08 , edited 5/5/08

h4x0rz wrote:


tanyuj wrote:

I prefer the film,
in the manga his hair doesn't grow ridiculously long whilst being captured.. and that bit was rather funny in the film, ohwell...
oh, oh dae su!


yeh,thtz coz of the hairdresser....the movie version wouldnt have allowed any1 to cuff him and blindfold him willingly


true...plus, his sexual frustration makes me laugh..heh!

@whatsome - add spoiler tag...and oh, Mr vengeance is way better...
baseball bats made the film ever so special!

^ yeah soundtrack is way cool,
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/5/08 , edited 5/5/08

whatsome wrote:




ye dude....add spoiler tags .... those r pretty major spoilers there (and too graphic for kids )
Posted 5/5/08

tanyuj wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


tanyuj wrote:

I prefer the film,
in the manga his hair doesn't grow ridiculously long whilst being captured.. and that bit was rather funny in the film, ohwell...
oh, oh dae su!


yeh,thtz coz of the hairdresser....the movie version wouldnt have allowed any1 to cuff him and blindfold him willingly


true...plus, his sexual frustration makes me laugh..heh!

@whatsome - add spoiler tag...and oh, Mr vengeance is way better...
baseball bats made the film ever so special!

^ yeah soundtrack is way cool,


I just yawned about the baseball bat. It's just bashed here and bashed there. blah.
The back of the hammer is better. It was even used to pull someone's else teeth off.
I was going to make a badass avi where Daesu was eating a live squid. Too bad. I couldn't get a good shot or a nice high quality picture of that scene.
Posted 8/26/08
isn't that the movie wiff the hot incest?
9300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / US Soldier; Guess.
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
This brief intro pretty much is a spoiler for the whole storyline xD

It was an Awesomly violent movie in which the guy that puts him in prison for 15 years was trying to get back at him for what he did, by making him fall in love with his own daughter- and it worked. Although throughout the movie you don't know thats his daughter =o
You must be logged in to post.