First  Prev  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  Next  Last
Post Reply Gay Marriage
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/8/13

Pomff wrote:

Natalie Portman is everyone's high school crush alongside Neil Patrick Harris, no exceptions.


This is true. Have to admit though it got pretty awkward when trying to fantasize about Natalie Portman and Neil Patrick Harris interrupts your fantasy because he wants to join in.... how the hell do you say no to Neil Patrick Harris?
Posted 5/8/13

Pomff wrote:


spacebat wrote:

She was my crush throughout high-school...


Natalie Portman is everyone's high school crush alongside Neil Patrick Harris, no exceptions.


Objection. I've only ever crushed on myself.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/8/13

Ink-e wrote:

Objection. I've only ever crushed on myself.


You need a girlfriend or boyfriend... I'm not sure with you, maybe a hand puppet...
Posted 5/8/13

spacebat wrote:


Ink-e wrote:

Objection. I've only ever crushed on myself.


You need a girlfriend or boyfriend... I'm not sure with you, maybe a hand puppet...




Only if this puppet.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/8/13

Ink-e wrote:


Only if this puppet.


Damnit...now I want one of those puppets.
9826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 5/25/13
Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....
25563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....


It may sound "better" to you, perhaps, but "separate but equal" is not equal, and does not confer the same rights, i.e. equal protection under the law. This includes matters of inheritance, visitation rights, and even child guardianship. So no, it doesn't remotely qualify as "better" for anyone but members of certain religious sects. Using your argument as a justification for separate but equal is a violation of the Establishment Clause, and it is precisely why religious laws should not be upheld as federal law.

Besides, if you want to go to the extent of following biblical law, then people who eat shellfish should be executed, along with anyone who wears clothing made of two or more fabrics. Also, any man who rapes a girl will not be prosecuted, as long as he pays her father and marries her. There are plenty of things that are in the bible that we don't uphold as law today, because they are no longer acceptable in society; this includes slavery, which used to be religiously upheld as moral, mind you.
21208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/26/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....


I do not know how it is in your country, but in mine marriage is a social union between two people, not unification before God.
3520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 5/26/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....


Except 1: Marriage exists outside christianity and is in no way dependant on it, nor does it stem from it, so that argument is totally bogus.

2: Why demand that it is called something else? That would only create more seperation between homosexuals and heterosexuals, which in return breeds more prejudice, which is the last thing this world needs.

3: The western world is not a theocracy, and no religious doctrine should therefore be upheld by law. Such a thing would be immoral.
Posted 5/26/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....


Lol okay, go away.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/26/13 , edited 5/26/13

Ink-e wrote:


Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

Gay Marriage is an Oxymoron

Gay = Same Sex

Marriage = Two people united before God

Bible = God doesn't unite Same Sex Marriages...

How about they name it something different....

Gay Life Union sounds better....


Lol okay, go away.


I'm sick and tired of seeing happy gay couples. I want to see bitter gay couples embroiled in divorce and custody battles. Let them get married, I believe in the democratization of misery.
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M & F / The Cheat...
Offline
Posted 5/27/13 , edited 5/27/13
Nope not going to happen (bitter gay couples I mean), they're too fabulous for divorce.
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/13
it should be legal annoying christian keep forcing there beliefs on others
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M & F / The Cheat...
Offline
Posted 6/3/13

93imaginebreaker wrote:

it should be legal annoying christian keep forcing there beliefs on others
But I've heard many Christians (mostly from the far-right, fundie camp) say the same thing about gays and supporters; trying to force their homosexuality on others (particularly children, just to make themselves seem more righteous). I'm not supporting their viewpoint, I'm just pointing out ALL of history's fights toward equality have ended up with religion on the losing side. Because what it comes down to is when a majority viewpoint becomes a minority viewpoint, religion always throws a fit to make unproven claims about how someone's God champions that minority viewpoint like that's supposed to validate it. Fails every time.

3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 6/3/13

JustineKo2 wrote:

Nope not going to happen (bitter gay couples I mean), they're too fabulous for divorce.


Gay marriage is wrong, immoral and against everything I believe in...
Posted 6/4/13
All the arguments against gay marriage today are just recycled from the past.
All they did was switch the words black/mixed with gay.
Course conservatives aren't really ones for 'new' things.

I am for gay marriage. (obv)
Though to be honest I usually dislike these threads cause you always get mostly males calling gay men icky while they fetishize lesbians.
Of course it's always nice to see people supporting gay marriage as well.
First  Prev  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.