First  Prev  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  Next  Last
Post Reply Gay Marriage
342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

And how is yourself discouraging/disheartening/dispiriting homosexuals aren't mental and emotional violence/bullying?

And paedophilia isn't a natural desire when it's a mental disorder listed in DSM IV. Therefore you can't compare it to homosexuality which isn't a mental disorder.


#1: Whatever.

#2: Pedophilia can be both natural and caused by upbringing. Social conformity plays a role in telling people that it is not okay to be a pedophile, and that role should be played on homosexuality too.

Comparing homosexuality to something like pedophilia and calling them both similar in evil is why you are being called antagonistic. "Whatever" means you have no argument
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

amersfoort wrote:

My apologies for entering this conversation in the middle of the action, but I am quite interested in a person who doesn't want homosexuality to be accepted in society, but doesn't do this on a religious base.

Now I have several questions of course, but I wont try to digress and thus ask the following questions or make the following statements.

I'm afraid Lala, that the burden of proof does not lie on DomFortress, but it lies on you, because you state that the relations individuals have with eachother have a hiarchy, and thus some relations are better or worse than others.
Now why should we not accept homosexuality? It happens in nature, and us humans are part of nature as well.

You say that we should not compare humans to animals, and as an argument you use a lion attacking a person.
Now I will try to show you that you are no different from that lion.
You claim that you will try and help that person, but what if a lion saw on of it's pride members being attacked, for example by hyena's, there are videos (I don't have a link unfortunatly, but if you demand I shall search and probably find one) showing that the other lion will defend the member of it's pride.

Now how about attacking, the lion might either attack out of defense or as hunt. The person might have threathend the habitat of the lion, or threatend cubs, or their food source.
Humans are known to attack each other for many many reasons, and trying to protect their offspring ortheir livelyhood, and many other reasons.
If the lion is hunting then it's not really ''attacking'' now is it? I'm not attacking chicken when I'm eating chicken. (I know it doesn't look like hunting, but it's our way of hunting in modern society)

Now homosexuality most certainly doesn't occur as much as heterosexuality, but as DomFortress stated, quanity does not equal equality.
There are many fetishes in the world, I for one am attracted to breast, other males are attracted to blonds or large butts. And some people like people from their same gender. When you say that homosexuality should not be accepted, then what sexual preference SHOULD be accepted? And why should we ask you as an authority on that field?

Now the point you make about pedophelia is indeed a good one, however in pedophelia there is one factor that makes it ''immoral''.
The partner is in most cases either hurt, or does not grasp the concept of what is going on, and thus their freedom of choice is being denied.
Thus the reasons why pedophelia is bad and why we want it treated (even though I personally doubt it can), is because victims are usually hurt or their freedom of actions is being denied.

This is not the case in homosexuality, or any other sexual fetish (except for rape, wich is also wrong).

Now again, tell us why homosexuality should not be accepted, is immoral, unnatural or not equal.


Lala doesn't believe in religion. But Lala still knows what's good for society and what's bad for society. If homosexuality was accepted as normal behavior, that is promoting homosexual behavior. Homosexuality is extremely unhealthy, socially, mentally, and physically. Most of all, it is against the one goal that the human race holds. To make a better society. This is not talking about each individual's goals, but society's goal as a whole. If society were to accept homosexuality as normal to the entire society, then the future will have an increased amount of homosexual behavior prevalent. This is evidenced through behavior of prisoners. Lala knows that you will say Lala is exaggerating, but Lala could see the wide range of new behavior prevalent in a future of homosexuality. Including bullying with rape in high schools, spread amount of diseases, and killing the element that distinguishes the quality of man and woman. Identity crisis will be prevalent, including confusion to boys. Individuals can do what they want to do regardless of society's norms, but to accept it as normal in society and promoting the behavior is not acceptable. Lala believes that bad drugs should remain illegal not only because it's bad, but because it's promoting the behavior to the general society.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

Marionetta wrote:

Comparing homosexuality to something like pedophilia and calling them both similar in evil is why you are being called antagonistic. "Whatever" means you have no argument


Lala thinks you're not very good at making a point. So Lala will ignore you unless you point out something to consider.
342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
^ OH YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT!!!
Disease spreads to everyone, gay or straight.
Prison is not a good example of how encouraging homosexuality is bad.
Give us a list of how homosexuality is unhealthy. What does it cause?
Gays don't usually bully. Straights do.
342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


Marionetta wrote:

Comparing homosexuality to something like pedophilia and calling them both similar in evil is why you are being called antagonistic. "Whatever" means you have no argument


Lala thinks you're not very good at making a point. So Lala will ignore you unless you point out something to consider.


See above.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

Marionetta wrote:

^ OH YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT!!!
Disease spreads to everyone, gay or straight.
Prison is not a good example of how encouraging homosexuality is bad.
Give us a list of how homosexuality is unhealthy. What does it cause?
Gays don't usually bully. Straights do.


#1: Lala is not full of it. Lala simply knows what's good and bad for society.

#2: That does not mean it's okay.

#3: It is an example of what sort of behavior can occur when homosexuality is considered okay in society.

#4: Lala thinks you should at least research that yourself.

#5: Whatever.
70583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 3/20/12
Here you go something someone posted on facebook that I found amusing and true.

The top 10 reasons gay marriage should be illegal:
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
~Stolen from the magnificent Hillary Adams
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/12

DomFortress wrote:

You still lack sufficient justification for your belief on openly discouraging/bullying homosexuals.


We are disappointed, John. You know better than to circumvent necessities of communication. You are aware that it is a circumlocution. To penetrate the adamancy you pertain to, it is necessary to scrutinise your current position in this debate. Question yourself. What were your intentions when you first decided to camp this thread, and why have your aims have been distorted in the mist of your vanity. Your first intentions were of good-will, now that you have maintained a comfort in this subject you have begun abusing your knowledge against other users of different outlooks.

We have been summoned to rectify this dependence of blind superiority, and to fortify the disciplined disposition of your original identity. John, look into our eyes. Is what you desire truth, or ascendancy? Look into your philosophies. Reminisce your stance as a skeptic. It is not a mistake to correct your irrationalities, nor is it acceptable to justify them with aversion. Constantly accumulate new information, and constantly update your beliefs. Don't hold onto an irrational belief in fear of retribution. You are a defender of justice. So start acting like one.

The demonstration of neglecting jurisprudence in a subject of reconstruction in a societal system indicates your prejudicial outlook on the whole topic as a realistic thinker. We are aware that you are an enforcer of realistic thinking, however you have not yet managed to apply it to your own cognitive scrutiny. Society programs humans to neglect subjects of personal bias however as a proclaimed individualist it is necessary to evaluate your own process from different perspectives including but not limited to deontology, etiology, and consequentialism. Otherwise you make yourself no better than others of egocentric thinking.

As of fact we are rectifying your beliefs hence need to confirm that there is no necessity to demonstrate hostility against our stance. It is our duty to rectify irrationality in those whom desire truth. Because it is perfectly acceptable to evaluate one's personality, we will present our evaluation on your deficiencies.

First we will confirm your stance on marijuana consumption. Here you demonstrate that marijuana must remain illegal for the fact that it is dangerous. Is your outlook that volatile to completely remonstrate another dangerous activity and to contradict your beliefs, which will only lead to recrimination of your "diagnosis" of the other user? You are the bully, one that reeks of the disgusting odor of egocentricism, narcissism, and hypocrisy.

Let us address your first argument with the user you were bullying: "Mother nature creates heterosexuality and homosexuality without bias". We need to clarify something for you. Homosexuals cannot reproduce. If from the beginning of evolution there was a homosexual gene, then every single human being would be a homosexual. So if mother nature created homosexuality and heterosexuality without bias, it would be long gone. Hence leaves two possibilities:

1.) It is a genetic mutation, i.e. a mistake. So your statement here that it is not a mistake is neglected. Either way, simply stating that it is acceptable to be homosexual on the basis that they were born with the trait does not solve anything. Babies that are exposed to heroin during pregnancy become dependent on the drug. Does this justify making heroin become a normality of life? No.

2.) It is preferential. If it is preferential, then it is simple to ask the homosexuals to respectfully conform to society. Or, like the other user suggested, simply break the norms in their own social circles like drug users would. Are we bullies for discouraging drug use?

Let us go through the downsides of promoting homosexuality. Homosexual activity first of all is the main source of HIV/AIDS. That is 90% for HIV, and 50% for AIDS. HIV weakens your immune system rendering your body unable to protect against other illnesses, and renders the body susceptible to AIDS. Is this what you desire? To encourage the community to spread these maladies amongst each other, otherwise we are bullies?

On top of AIDS, there are already prevalent diseases among the homosexual population. Anal cancer, chlamydia trachomatis, cryptosporidium, giardia lamblia, herpes simplex virus, human papilloma virus (HPV) or genital warts, isospora belli, microsporidia, gonorrhea, viral hepatitis types B & C and syphilis among them. Is this something we should encourage, otherwise we are bullies?

Your second point. The "bully" point. Discouraging homosexual behavior is equivalent to bullying, simply because it is a synonym. We accolade your intractable tendencies to throw such misguided justifications. You were obviously bullied a lot in school, what were your teachers' responses after accusing them to be bullies? You should sue your parents for bullying you as a child. You bully.

Quit masturbating. It is rendering you blind. Your sanctimonious attitude is not encouraged in the stage of discussion. What are you going to do? Report us and discourage this behavior for bullying? You bully.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/12

Incubator wrote:



If you are telling him off for name-calling Lala, don't worry about Lala ^-^;;. Lala does not mind, he stopped posting anyway. But Lala agrees with a lot of your points! (Even though it took awhile for Lala to understand it)
Posted 3/21/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


Incubator wrote:



If you are telling him off for name-calling Lala, don't worry about Lala ^-^;;. Lala does not mind, he stopped posting anyway. But Lala agrees with a lot of your points! (Even though it took awhile for Lala to understand it)
When you reduced your argument down to "whatever", you've got no sufficient justification based on objective reality for your biased opinion towards homosexuality. Now that's just plain early psychosis.

Finally, that user was flaming and trolling me by acting as a pseudo intellectual, in order to manipulate me. Most people my age don't even address each others in that overly fancy vocabulary, and those who do won't even bother wasting their time on an internet anime forum. I mean he even spied on my CR profile and assumed that my given name was somehow "John"(it's actually 中興 meaning "resurgence" in Chinese), now that's just plain creepy for an internet stalker.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/12

DomFortress wrote:

When you reduced your argument down to "whatever", you've got no sufficient justification based on objective reality for your biased opinion towards homosexuality. Now that's just plain early psychosis.

Finally, that user was flaming and trolling me by acting as a pseudo intellectual, in order to manipulate me. Most people my age don't even address each others in that overly fancy vocabulary, and those who do won't even bother wasting their time on an internet anime forum. I mean he even spied on my CR profile and assumed that my given name was somehow "John"(it's actually 中興 meaning "resurgence" in Chinese), now that's just plain creepy for an internet stalker.


Lala only responded "Whatever" to the points where you were just trying to call Lala a bully (which is stupid). Lastly, Lala agrees with the other person's post even if he knew your name for some reason.
Posted 3/21/12 , edited 3/21/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

When you reduced your argument down to "whatever", you've got no sufficient justification based on objective reality for your biased opinion towards homosexuality. Now that's just plain early psychosis.

Finally, that user was flaming and trolling me by acting as a pseudo intellectual, in order to manipulate me. Most people my age don't even address each others in that overly fancy vocabulary, and those who do won't even bother wasting their time on an internet anime forum. I mean he even spied on my CR profile and assumed that my given name was somehow "John"(it's actually 中興 meaning "resurgence" in Chinese), now that's just plain creepy for an internet stalker.


Lala only responded "Whatever" to the points where you were just trying to call Lala a bully (which is stupid). Lastly, Lala agrees with the other person's post even if he knew your name for some reason.
I didn't just tried calling you a bully, when I managed to prove that you are bullying homosexuals with insufficient justification.

And he didn't know my real name after all, he assumed that my name was "John" because that's how other CR users address me on my guest book as "Johnny". But either he'll had to be stalking my CR profile to even make that kind of mistake, or he has this tendency to refer people he doesn't know as "John".
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/12

DomFortress wrote:

I didn't just tried calling you a bully, when I managed to prove that you are bullying homosexuals with insufficient justification.

And he did know my real name after all, he assumed that my name was "John" because that's how other CR users address me on my guest book as "Johnny". But either he'll had to be stalking my CR profile to even make that kind of mistake, or he has this tendency to refer people he doesn't know as "John".


What does Lala being a bully have to do with anything???
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/21/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

My apologies for entering this conversation in the middle of the action, but I am quite interested in a person who doesn't want homosexuality to be accepted in society, but doesn't do this on a religious base.

Now I have several questions of course, but I wont try to digress and thus ask the following questions or make the following statements.

I'm afraid Lala, that the burden of proof does not lie on DomFortress, but it lies on you, because you state that the relations individuals have with eachother have a hiarchy, and thus some relations are better or worse than others.
Now why should we not accept homosexuality? It happens in nature, and us humans are part of nature as well.

You say that we should not compare humans to animals, and as an argument you use a lion attacking a person.
Now I will try to show you that you are no different from that lion.
You claim that you will try and help that person, but what if a lion saw on of it's pride members being attacked, for example by hyena's, there are videos (I don't have a link unfortunatly, but if you demand I shall search and probably find one) showing that the other lion will defend the member of it's pride.

Now how about attacking, the lion might either attack out of defense or as hunt. The person might have threathend the habitat of the lion, or threatend cubs, or their food source.
Humans are known to attack each other for many many reasons, and trying to protect their offspring ortheir livelyhood, and many other reasons.
If the lion is hunting then it's not really ''attacking'' now is it? I'm not attacking chicken when I'm eating chicken. (I know it doesn't look like hunting, but it's our way of hunting in modern society)

Now homosexuality most certainly doesn't occur as much as heterosexuality, but as DomFortress stated, quanity does not equal equality.
There are many fetishes in the world, I for one am attracted to breast, other males are attracted to blonds or large butts. And some people like people from their same gender. When you say that homosexuality should not be accepted, then what sexual preference SHOULD be accepted? And why should we ask you as an authority on that field?

Now the point you make about pedophelia is indeed a good one, however in pedophelia there is one factor that makes it ''immoral''.
The partner is in most cases either hurt, or does not grasp the concept of what is going on, and thus their freedom of choice is being denied.
Thus the reasons why pedophelia is bad and why we want it treated (even though I personally doubt it can), is because victims are usually hurt or their freedom of actions is being denied.

This is not the case in homosexuality, or any other sexual fetish (except for rape, wich is also wrong).

Now again, tell us why homosexuality should not be accepted, is immoral, unnatural or not equal.


Lala doesn't believe in religion. But Lala still knows what's good for society and what's bad for society. If homosexuality was accepted as normal behavior, that is promoting homosexual behavior. Homosexuality is extremely unhealthy, socially, mentally, and physically. Most of all, it is against the one goal that the human race holds. To make a better society. This is not talking about each individual's goals, but society's goal as a whole. If society were to accept homosexuality as normal to the entire society, then the future will have an increased amount of homosexual behavior prevalent. This is evidenced through behavior of prisoners. Lala knows that you will say Lala is exaggerating, but Lala could see the wide range of new behavior prevalent in a future of homosexuality. Including bullying with rape in high schools, spread amount of diseases, and killing the element that distinguishes the quality of man and woman. Identity crisis will be prevalent, including confusion to boys. Individuals can do what they want to do regardless of society's norms, but to accept it as normal in society and promoting the behavior is not acceptable. Lala believes that bad drugs should remain illegal not only because it's bad, but because it's promoting the behavior to the general society.


Why are you so sure you know what is best for society? Are you the ultimate authority? What source of knowledge do you have that I do not?
Accepting homosexual behaviour is something different than promoting it, in my country we accept smoking weed, but we do not promote it, there is a difference.
In my eyes a better society is a society where everyone can feel happy, this is for homosexuals, straight people, transgenders, hermaphrodites and many others.
Now you claim that homosexuality is unhealthy in a socially, mentally and physically way, please show me proof of that, and unhealthy for who?
As far as I know, we accept drinking alcohol and smoking tabacco, those things are unhealthy, but we accept them, why? If homosexuality is unhealthy, should we not accept that as we do with alcohol?
Now I understand you prison argument, but in prison it is a little different. Men do have sexual urges, and being locked away for 10 years means supressing those urges, some can, some cannot. Too release pressure they will engage in homosexuality, it's understandable in my eyes, but this is not done because it is accepted, but it is done because of lust.
In society people don't have to opress their sexual urges for 10 years or longer, so homosexuality is not done out of nessecity, but because it is the persons sexual preference.
Now you say something vague like the element that distinguishes the quality of man and woman, would you mind further explaining this?
Identity crises are already at hand, many homosexuals get oppressed in their youth, and cannot accept they are gay, this in the past has resulted in many suiciceds, and will so in the future if we not accept homosexuality as a perfectly okay thing.

Now I must say I am dissapointed, you didn't bother to try why we should not compare humans to animals, nor have you actually attempted to proof why homosexuality is bad with statistics or any other form of proof. You have not explained what the hiarchy in the equality in relations is, nor have you told why you are the authority that knows what is best.


6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/21/12
As you wanted, I shall further ask my questions in this topic.

You claim that we should respect our heritage, our process of being born, and proceed to live that way and our offspring as well.
You also claim that dignity (something very dynamical in human society) and heritage (something that is forced upon you when you are born) are things we need to respect and love and live to those standards.

I say we should not, our lives should not be valued through what our parents did, our lives should be valued through who we are, and what we do.
Dignity is a concept that always changes, and is different in every culture. Where homosexuality is shunned today in large parts of Italy, it was quite accepted in roman times, in those times, it was not undignified to commit homosexual acts.

Fact is, and yes this is truly a fact. Homosexuality has no bad influences on humanity, it is not immoral, and it is perfectly okay.
The reason why I say that is simple, people benefit from having a homosexual relationship, because it is their sexual preference and they do not have to supress that anymore. And no one is hurt, when 2 gays are having sex, you don't get hurt in any way shape or form.
To condone it, want to prevent it, is a bad thing however, this is because you supress peoples freedom to engage in relationships with eachother, this causes stress on society and will slow down humanities progress quite severely.
First  Prev  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.