First  Prev  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next  Last
Post Reply Gay Marriage
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/24/12

AppIejack wrote:

Hah! Being a lesbian myself, I must say the idea of gay marriage is retarded. It's like how back in school, when all of us cool kids would play tag, then the teacher forces us to let the kid with a mental disability play as well. (when he can't even run!)

Make your own game fellas, it's significantly rude to the people that value marriage as a sacred ceremony between man and woman. Don't ruin the game for everyone, just because you want to be included! It pisses me off to see how stupid some gay marriage advocates can be.


Now I find your explanation of the situation and result quite lacking (regarding the game of tag).
Despite the child not being able to run, and thus not being able to fully participate in tag, the child was for a small amount of time, treated normal, and playing with his/her fellow classmates.
Can you not see how happy that might have made the child? This might have not been like that in this specific case, but I can imagine that for others such an event would have brought a lot of happyness. Just because the rest had to get used to it for a second, you deny the child to be happy.

It's significantly rude to deny others the privilege you hold dear, are you really not able to enjoy marriage if gays can marry? Will it make your relation with your man/wife less awesome? If so, then for what reason are you marrying that partner?
Honestly there is no reasonable argument to deny gays their right to marry.
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Being mean was only a tool used to stress Lala's idiocy.
Unless Lala can come up with a good reason as to Why homosexuality is wrong, even so far as to be treated the same way as paedophilia, Lala's statements are moot.


Lala thinks you're a loser who thinks it's cool to insult people online for no reason.

Lala already came up with lots of good reasons why homosexuality is bad for society. Did you even read what Lala wrote? So stupid.


Rest assured. I NEVER insult people for no reason. And like I said, I did not say it with the intention of insulting you. I simply used the insult as a tool to draw comparison with your ignorant way of thinking, to the ignorant nature of the neanderthal.
And no, I didn't. All I saw you do was compare homosexuality to lazy-eye and other ignorant stuff.

The most beliveable reason I saw you make is that accepting homosexuality would make it more common. Which is a really stupid reason.

Prisons are a lousy argument against it, because the conditions in prison are totally different from the conditions in the outside world.


As for the identity crisis argument... well that doesn't hold water either.
Gender roles are already starting to blur because of our modernized society. The time where men had to be big and strong, and had to take care of his family because the woman is too weak to make it on her own is long gone. Women aren't weak anymore. And because of that, in addition to the advancements in technology, that old ideal of how men should be no longer serves any practical purpose.

Your argument of this being a bad thing only works in a world where people have no ability to establish an identity for themselves. A world where conformity is the only way to do so. But that is not true. People are perfectly capable of establishing their own identities without having to conform to gender roles or stereotypes. And not being burdened or pressured into conformity is a good thing.

That doesn't mean the big, strong man will die out. We still have ideals of how a man should look http://munfitnessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ryan-reynolds-toned-body.jpg and for how a woman should look http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9jELGhDpjuA/TCiF6OOL97I/AAAAAAAAA-Y/IqfFscZxrO8/s1600/ideal-body.jp. So those archetypes won't die out anyway. Besides, sometimes you still need "a man" to do the heavy lifting, simply because they have a natural bigger upper body strength than woman.
What it means is just that people can be whoever they choose to be without being prosecuted, discriminated against or bullied for being who they are.
Gender biases are a bad thing and must be removed. And they are getting removed naturally, by the progress of society. Not by homosexuality.

Besides, I don't know if you are aware of this, but most hardcore gay men like burly, muscular, manly men. So that's another thing that makes your argument useless.
And I know I focused most on the male part of this, but hey... those are the gender roles that are being removed the most.



How you think that acceptance of homosexuals will lead to MORE bullying, I cannot possibly imagine.
Not accepting something will ALWAYS lead to bullying. If if people didn't look at homosexuals with the attitude that "it is wrong", homosexuals wouldn't be discriminated against or bullied.
And that is why acceptance for homosexuality is necessary. Because you shouldn't discriminate or bully someone for being who they are.

It is not about promoting homosexuality. It's just about accepting that some people are homosexuals, and that we shouldn't prosecute or discriminate against them for that.
It is just about acceptance, and only that.
Just like how I accept that people can smoke tobacco if they want to. Just because my friend smokes tobacco, doesn't mean I will.


And homosexuality is not comparable to pedophilia. Sexual activity with children is NOT the same as sexual activity between two grown and mature adults.
So don't even try to use that argument.
Posted 3/25/12
I have no opinion on this matter. Just putting this here to let people know that there are people who are neither for or against it.
If it's approved worldwide, then good for the world.
If it's not, I'm sure people will try and make it happen, so yeah.

I have a view that gay people are actually quite chummy and nice to be friends with.
So they can't be bad people right?
And I also have seen the religious view.
There are those who will follow that religious view because of their faith and love for their god.
Either views should be respected.

Those who do not believe strongly or feel linked to a particular religion would not understand the passion that the religious feel so strongly for their beliefs. And the rules that they believe and strongly feel are set for them.

Those who do believe they should marry and be given that right to, they do it because of the human feeling of empathy/pity/kindness and because they view it as not allowing gay people to have marriage as a moral issue.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

AppIejack wrote:

Yeah. Okay. I'm ~narrow minded~ for being critical about the people of my own sexual orientation and respecting other cultures and traditions that don't conform with us. Okay.

How ~open minded~ must I be? Enough to let 40 year old men attend kindergarden as a student because ~everyones the same~, or must we next start world war if another culture from another country doesnt let gay Americans who've got no relations to the culture or country to marry there?


Yes, you appear to be so. for your statements use contemptuous language and your thesis rests on some rather... channeled... views on what it means to be LGBT.

And when I don't agree with you draw extreme examples that make no sense. either it's your way, or it's utter chaos and war.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

CandyPopShop wrote:

I have no opinion on this matter. Just putting this here to let people know that there are people who are neither for or against it.
If it's approved worldwide, then good for the world.
If it's not, I'm sure people will try and make it happen, so yeah.

I have a view that gay people are actually quite chummy and nice to be friends with.
So they can't be bad people right?
And I also have seen the religious view.
There are those who will follow that religious view because of their faith and love for their god.
Either views should be respected.

Those who do not believe strongly or feel linked to a particular religion would not understand the passion that the religious feel so strongly for their beliefs. And the rules that they believe and strongly feel are set for them.

Those who do believe they should marry and be given that right to, they do it because of the human feeling of empathy/pity/kindness and because they view it as not allowing gay people to have marriage as a moral issue.


Now I find your position quite cowardly, it's like you're waiting for the winner and then you'll start cheering for him/her.

You're implying that the amount of conviction that religious people have on this issue is an worthy argument to use against gay marriage, and that we should respect those.
I shall do no such thing, and I encourge everyone to join me, just because religious people are hypersensitive on this issue doesn't mean I will point out the flaws in their beliefs and arguments, let alone respect them.

And honestly, I do understand the passion that the religious feel so strongly, I too feel that passion, but in the opposite way, and I can back them up by actual arguments.

To deny others freedom in any kind is just wrong, if gays want to marry, let them, it's not harming anyone at all.
5437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
as a christian I fully know marriage was not just practiced by followers of Christ and there is marriage in every culture and race and I could care less as long as a christian pastor is not forced to marry gay people. I think Christians should be worrying about bigger things then trivial things like marriage. and just to clarify i love everyone does not matter if your gay or straight.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:

as a christian I fully know marriage was not just practiced by followers of Christ and there is marriage in every culture and race and I could care less as long as a christian pastor is not forced to marry gay people. I think Christians should be worrying about bigger things then trivial things like marriage. and just to clarify i love everyone does not matter if your gay or straight.


Nicely said... but what if a Christian Minister, with the support of her congregation WANT to bless the marriage of a same sex couple? would that be okay?

The United Church of Canada, the largest non-catholic christian sect in Canada, is has been doing exactly that for as long as same sex marriage has been legal in Canada.

5437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:

as a christian I fully know marriage was not just practiced by followers of Christ and there is marriage in every culture and race and I could care less as long as a christian pastor is not forced to marry gay people. I think Christians should be worrying about bigger things then trivial things like marriage. and just to clarify i love everyone does not matter if your gay or straight.


Nicely said... but what if a Christian Minister, with the support of her congregation WANT to bless the marriage of a same sex couple? would that be okay?

The United Church of Canada, the largest non-catholic christian sect in Canada, is has been doing exactly that for as long as same sex marriage has been legal in Canada.



now keep in mind all of the Bible is divine inspiration from the holy spirit (in a more blunt term is that God pretty much put his thoughts and ideas into the heads of the people writing the Bible) that is my belief and thats what the church your talking about if they say they are Christians should believe. so now that i got that explained in the Bible it says in (I Corinthians 6:9 ;10) "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals," So as a Christian to condone that sin would be false teaching and wrong in my opinion. now i want to stress i do NOT hate gay people i love that just as i love everyone else and i dont think im better then a gay person i also sin i can be put on the top of the list and there sin is not my issue its that they are not fallowing Jesus as the lord and savior and trusting him i could care less what a persons sin is its not my job to judge on this earth or condemn I'm simply a messenger. Gods love is different then human love and there are sacrifices that someone makes to fallow Him but when you see what he did for you it all seems worth it. also i didn't open the Bible and see that being gay is a sin and was like "oh yea im going to believe because of that!" no lol i believed because I see the proof and i see what God as done of me and loved me before i loved him.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

_mikecc_ wrote:


amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:

as a christian I fully know marriage was not just practiced by followers of Christ and there is marriage in every culture and race and I could care less as long as a christian pastor is not forced to marry gay people. I think Christians should be worrying about bigger things then trivial things like marriage. and just to clarify i love everyone does not matter if your gay or straight.


Nicely said... but what if a Christian Minister, with the support of her congregation WANT to bless the marriage of a same sex couple? would that be okay?

The United Church of Canada, the largest non-catholic christian sect in Canada, is has been doing exactly that for as long as same sex marriage has been legal in Canada.



now keep in mind all of the Bible is divine inspiration from the holy spirit (in a more blunt term is that God pretty much put his thoughts and ideas into the heads of the people writing the Bible) that is my belief and thats what the church your talking about if they say they are Christians should believe. so now that i got that explained in the Bible it says in (I Corinthians 6:9 ;10) "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals," So as a Christian to condone that sin would be false teaching and wrong in my opinion. now i want to stress i do NOT hate gay people i love that just as i love everyone else and i dont think im better then a gay person i also sin i can be put on the top of the list and there sin is not my issue its that they are not fallowing Jesus as the lord and savior and trusting him i could care less what a persons sin is its not my job to judge on this earth or condemn I'm simply a messenger. Gods love is different then human love and there are sacrifices that someone makes to fallow Him but when you see what he did for you it all seems worth it. also i didn't open the Bible and see that being gay is a sin and was like "oh yea im going to believe because of that!" no lol i believed because I see the proof and i see what God as done of me and loved me before i loved him.


Nice job on not judging others, you sure don't call others sinners, not at all.
It's hypocritical to branch every human as a sinner while telling yourself you're not judging others at all.

Now I've heard too many christians claiming they have proof on homosexuality being wrong for other reasons than the bible.
Will you be the one finally telling us why it is wrong for different reasons than the bible? Or will you stick to the claim of having seen proof and not share it with us?


so you dont sin? do you lie? have you stolen? if only once and it was small and do you say the Lords name in vain? that's 3 things against Gods commandments its in the Bible I'm just stating facts but I'm not judging im sympathizing since I also sin everyday.





I lie, I have stolen and I love to take your lords name in vain, however, you claim not to judge people, yet you do, you judge me as a sinner,
Isn't that your ''lords'' job? And not yours? So just saying that you're right doesn't make you right at this moment. In your post you said you didn't judge people, yet you obviously do.

And you also fail to provide evidence indicating that homosexuality is wrong, you're just another christian saying homosexuality is wrong cause the bible says so, how boring and how empty.
5437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:


amersfoort wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


_mikecc_ wrote:

as a christian I fully know marriage was not just practiced by followers of Christ and there is marriage in every culture and race and I could care less as long as a christian pastor is not forced to marry gay people. I think Christians should be worrying about bigger things then trivial things like marriage. and just to clarify i love everyone does not matter if your gay or straight.


Nicely said... but what if a Christian Minister, with the support of her congregation WANT to bless the marriage of a same sex couple? would that be okay?

The United Church of Canada, the largest non-catholic christian sect in Canada, is has been doing exactly that for as long as same sex marriage has been legal in Canada.



now keep in mind all of the Bible is divine inspiration from the holy spirit (in a more blunt term is that God pretty much put his thoughts and ideas into the heads of the people writing the Bible) that is my belief and thats what the church your talking about if they say they are Christians should believe. so now that i got that explained in the Bible it says in (I Corinthians 6:9 ;10) "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals," So as a Christian to condone that sin would be false teaching and wrong in my opinion. now i want to stress i do NOT hate gay people i love that just as i love everyone else and i dont think im better then a gay person i also sin i can be put on the top of the list and there sin is not my issue its that they are not fallowing Jesus as the lord and savior and trusting him i could care less what a persons sin is its not my job to judge on this earth or condemn I'm simply a messenger. Gods love is different then human love and there are sacrifices that someone makes to fallow Him but when you see what he did for you it all seems worth it. also i didn't open the Bible and see that being gay is a sin and was like "oh yea im going to believe because of that!" no lol i believed because I see the proof and i see what God as done of me and loved me before i loved him.


Nice job on not judging others, you sure don't call others sinners, not at all.
It's hypocritical to branch every human as a sinner while telling yourself you're not judging others at all.

Now I've heard too many christians claiming they have proof on homosexuality being wrong for other reasons than the bible.
Will you be the one finally telling us why it is wrong for different reasons than the bible? Or will you stick to the claim of having seen proof and not share it with us?


so you dont sin? do you lie? have you stolen? if only once and it was small and do you say the Lords name in vain? that's 3 things against Gods commandments its in the Bible I'm just stating facts but I'm not judging im sympathizing since I also sin everyday.





I lie, I have stolen and I love to take your lords name in vain, however, you claim not to judge people, yet you do, you judge me as a sinner,
Isn't that your ''lords'' job? And not yours? So just saying that you're right doesn't make you right at this moment. In your post you said you didn't judge people, yet you obviously do.

And you also fail to provide evidence indicating that homosexuality is wrong, you're just another christian saying homosexuality is wrong cause the bible says so, how boring and how empty.


well actually God as already judged all of us as equal sinners I was just quoting God is all I don't personally judge you though I'm just stating a fact. that's like you looking at me and saying I have glasses (which I do have glasses) and I look at you and say your judging me.

and I don't need physical proof maybe it has a part of faith but in the Bible i trust all of it so I'm going to trust the one who gave me life. Gods idea of love is not the same as humans I think I already stated that though.
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Yes, you appear to be so. for your statements use contemptuous language and your thesis rests on some rather... channeled... views on what it means to be LGBT.

And when I don't agree with you draw extreme examples that make no sense. either it's your way, or it's utter chaos and war.


You realize you called me narrow-minded first right? Why dont you point out why everyone must be allowed to "fit in" in any type of culture or tradition they want?


Traiano wrote:

I'll only reply to what's relevant to the topic.


Look, Im just gonna lay back with the swearing and discuss properly. But first, in order to prevent miscommunication, could you please define "relevant", "topic" and "what" for me?
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

amersfoort wrote:


AppIejack wrote:

Hah! Being a lesbian myself, I must say the idea of gay marriage is retarded. It's like how back in school, when all of us cool kids would play tag, then the teacher forces us to let the kid with a mental disability play as well. (when he can't even run!)

Make your own game fellas, it's significantly rude to the people that value marriage as a sacred ceremony between man and woman. Don't ruin the game for everyone, just because you want to be included! It pisses me off to see how stupid some gay marriage advocates can be.


Now I find your explanation of the situation and result quite lacking (regarding the game of tag).
Despite the child not being able to run, and thus not being able to fully participate in tag, the child was for a small amount of time, treated normal, and playing with his/her fellow classmates.
Can you not see how happy that might have made the child? This might have not been like that in this specific case, but I can imagine that for others such an event would have brought a lot of happyness. Just because the rest had to get used to it for a second, you deny the child to be happy.

It's significantly rude to deny others the privilege you hold dear, are you really not able to enjoy marriage if gays can marry? Will it make your relation with your man/wife less awesome? If so, then for what reason are you marrying that partner?
Honestly there is no reasonable argument to deny gays their right to marry.


It's significantly rude to deny others the privilege you hold dear?

Really?

Its a privilege to be able to go to the girls bathroom if you're a girl. So that's wrong? Men should be allowed to go too. Wtf? Im simply saying that its stupid how gays want to marry, because marriage does not conform to gays.

"There is no reasonable argument to deny gays their right to marry" - look, my first analogy was simply being realistic. A mentally disabled child who can't run can't play tag with everyone else, simply because it will ruin the game. It doesnt matter if you think "everyone is the same", because it's simply not true.





LMAO wow a Christian church that conducts weddings for gays? Which country is this?
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

Now I find your position quite cowardly, it's like you're waiting for the winner and then you'll start cheering for him/her.


Apathy is cowardice!? Oh my.


amersfoort wrote:

I lie, I have stolen and I love to take your lords name in vain, however, you claim not to judge people, yet you do, you judge me as a sinner,
Isn't that your ''lords'' job? And not yours? So just saying that you're right doesn't make you right at this moment. In your post you said you didn't judge people, yet you obviously do.

And you also fail to provide evidence indicating that homosexuality is wrong, you're just another christian saying homosexuality is wrong cause the bible says so, how boring and how empty.


You obviously don't know what a Christian is, Son! What the Bible says is absolute.


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

And for a moment I felt like Diogenes with his lamp who had found the one open minded self-proclaimed Christian. So.. in your mind. the Largest non-catholic group of christians in Canada ... is not christian. Just so I'm clear on this.


Any Christian Church that celebrates homosexual marriage is clearly up for it only for the money, a fool, or a fake Christian.

I'm not even Christian!


As a person with many friends and family in the united church I take offense on their behalf at that. you don't know them you don't know the doctrine. or the intrepretation that caused them to open their hearts to the LGBT. I suggest you read up on them before you open your ignorant mouth to spew garbage about someone you've never met.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
Honestly the foul languange and ignorant voices on this thread make me sick. I'll be be back in a week or so to see if people have calmed down and learned to be civil again.

Ciao for now.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

As a person with many friends and family in the united church I take offense on their behalf at that. you don't know them you don't know the doctrine. or the intrepretation that caused them to open their hearts to the LGBT. I suggest you read up on them before you open your ignorant mouth to spew garbage about someone you've never met.


Well as a person who knows many serious Christians, I take offense from Gay Supporters who proclaim to be Christians. Purposefully misinterpreting the Bible (oh, language) looking for ways in order to suit their prejudice and stupidity is exactly what a child would do. A Christian church that celebrates homosexuality is blasphemous and satanic in the name of God.

Any Christian Church that celebrates homosexual marriage is clearly up for it only for the money, a fool, or a fake Christian.

I'm not even being "foul". I'm being serious. I'll be looking forward to talking to you next week.


Before I go. read the following. You are insulting the largest non-catholic denomination in a foreign country. (assuming you are American)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_the_United_Church_of_Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Church_of_Canada

First  Prev  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.