First  Prev  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  Next  Last
Post Reply Gay Marriage
Posted 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

You obviously didn't read the articles. Shame on you.

I heard you say you aren't even christian but that you are insulted by this idea. so the statement in red is hypocritical.


Take it easy, Papa New Guinea. I've read the articles. Have you read my words? Is it difficult to understand that a Christian Church that celebrates homosexual marriage, is to put bluntly celebrating Sinners?
It's disrespectful, intolerant, and arrogant for someone like yourself being a self-proclaimed non-christian(assuming that's true), to dictate on the liberal Christians' value of compassion, acceptance, and how God's love is for everyone. And when(not "if") I didn't know any better, I think you're just jealous towards a bunch of good-doers made better by their own religious interpretation on the bible(and not taking it literally and out of context like you are), than your own brand of pathetic 50 years old(assuming that's your real age) groggy hatefulness.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

DomFortress wrote:

It's disrespectful, intolerant, and arrogant for someone like yourself being a self-proclaimed non-christian(assuming that's true), to dictate on the liberal Christians' value of compassion, acceptance, and how God's love is for everyone. And when(not "if") I didn't know any better, I think you're just jealous towards a bunch of good-doers made better by their own religious interpretation on the bible(and not taking it literally and out of context like you are), than your own brand of pathetic 50 years old(assuming that's your real age) groggy hatefulness.


Proof. Proof then I'll take your word on it.
67759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
That's strange looks like some posts got deleted. Including some of mine.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

That's strange looks like some posts got deleted. Including some of mine.


That's what happens when you report every single post that you simply disagree with.

I'm particularly interested on why people think "homosexuality being" a sin is an incorrect interpretation of the Bible, and especially how it is taking it out of context. If you know the answer to this, feel free to answer.
67759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12 , edited 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

That's strange looks like some posts got deleted. Including some of mine.


That's what happens when you report every single post that you simply disagree with.

I'm particularly interested on why people think "homosexuality being" a sin is an incorrect interpretation of the Bible, and especially how it is taking it out of context. If you know the answer to this, feel free to answer.


Well, there's a lot of things in the bible that we don't agree with today. you could use intreptations of the bible to justify slavery. or public vigilante stonings of people who wore the wrong clothing or dared to work on sunday. If we stuck to a literal interpretation of lividicus no christian nor jew should ever visit red lobster. eating shellfish is an abomination.

so... yeah.. what makes homosexuality so special?


Be careful with your pronouns. I'm not the one you should be addressing about reporting posts. I haven't bothered doing that in a long time. .. years I think.


Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

That's strange looks like some posts got deleted. Including some of mine.
With the exception of your posts, which I've nothing to do with them, I only reported almost all of Molier's post on this thread as either "flaming" or "trolling" respectively. The CR forum mods are capable of moral reasoning when demanded. My guess would be that some of your own replies to Molier's posts also got deleted as a result.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Well, there's a lot of things in the bible that we don't agree with today. you could use intreptations of the bible to justify slavery. or public vigilante stonings of people who wore the wrong clothing or dared to work on sunday. If we stuck to a literal interpretation of lividicus no christian nor jew should ever visit red lobster. eating shellfish is an abomination.

so... yeah.. what makes homosexuality so special?


The Bible specifically states that homosexuality is a Sin. The reason the Canada Church celebrates Gay Marriage is because they don't want to imply that homosexuals are not a child of God. (according to your source)

Still, it is celebrating Gay Marriage. In other words, the Christian Church is okay to celebrate bestiality and all other sinful conducts in the future. Now I'm going to stop being harsh with my words so I would like you to answer this, and also why do homosexuals need to be celebrated by Christian Churches in the first place?
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Honestly the foul languange and ignorant voices on this thread make me sick. I'll be be back in a week or so to see if people have calmed down and learned to be civil again.

Ciao for now.


Do no such thing! It's not a good thing to run from ignorance (including mine), fight ignorance with reason because that is the only way it will dissappear.

I know it sometimes is frustrating, but if you presevere you might see results, and that will make everything worthwile ^^
67759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Well, there's a lot of things in the bible that we don't agree with today. you could use intreptations of the bible to justify slavery. or public vigilante stonings of people who wore the wrong clothing or dared to work on sunday. If we stuck to a literal interpretation of lividicus no christian nor jew should ever visit red lobster. eating shellfish is an abomination.

so... yeah.. what makes homosexuality so special?


The Bible specifically states that homosexuality is a Sin. The reason the Canada Church celebrates Gay Marriage is because they don't want to imply that homosexuals are not a child of God. (according to your source)

Still, it is celebrating Gay Marriage. In other words, the Christian Church is okay to celebrate bestiality and all other sinful conducts in the future. Now I'm going to stop being harsh with my words so I would like you to answer this, and also why do homosexuals need to be celebrated by Christian Churches in the first place?


The bible specifically states I can own slaves not of my nation. Since You're not Canadian, Can I own you?

This GUY said it all better than I ever could...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp

70775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 3/25/12


Do you know how easy it is to become a "priest" for marriage here? It is one online test and a certificate. The funny thing is Applejack agreed with you on the topic of "marriage needs to be defined more clearly here". I have considered civil unions to be a stop-gap measure here (to please both parties) but in the end it is like saying "Straight marriage is better than gay marriage" well for me anyways. I do appreciate your unique point of view I just happen to disagree with it. I will say I have met a few people who are advocates for gay marriage who are just complete assholes about it so I know where you are coming from (somewhat).

As for the whole "priest" thing ... if I can get married in Las Vegas by Elvis I really don't see a huge problem in "separation of church and state" for regular marriage. I do see the anti-gay marriage as legislation aimed based on religious beliefs though and I do not like it.
Posted 3/25/12

Molier wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

That's strange looks like some posts got deleted. Including some of mine.


That's what happens when you report every single post that you simply disagree with.

I'm particularly interested on why people think "homosexuality being" a sin is an incorrect interpretation of the Bible, and especially how it is taking it out of context. If you know the answer to this, feel free to answer.
No, that's when the CR forum mods found your earlier posts as "flaming" and "trolling" as my reports had suggested. So you can stop grinding that axe of yours on someone who doesn't deserve it.

And your personal interest on biblical interpretation has nothing to do with gay marriage in Canada, simply because as a secular nation, the Canadian federal government can legally grant homosexual couples marriage status without relying on religious dogmas since 2004.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

The bible specifically states I can own slaves not of my nation. Since You're not Canadian, Can I own you?

This GUY said it all better than I ever could...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp


Sorry, that won't work against me. I'm not even Christian. Does it say that it is a Sin to not own a slave? Either way, it's irrelevant whether the Christians contradict themselves in other places.

It is specifically stated that homosexuality is a Sin. Homosexuality is a Sin. The Christian Church is celebrating Homosexuality. Therefore, the Christian Church is celebrating Sins.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12


Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/26/12 , edited 3/26/12
To Mods: Apparently DomFortress has been reporting all of my posts as "trolling" and "flaming". I would like to point out that my posts are very relevant to the topic and simply because many people disagree does not mean it should be deleted. On the Forum Rules it is pointed out that the topics here are sensitive so don't get offended simply because you disagree. Furthermore I would like to point out that DomFortress did not answer my question thus it can be concluded that he is the troll here.


DomFortress wrote:

No, that's when the CR forum mods found your earlier posts as "flaming" and "trolling" as my reports had suggested. So you can stop grinding that axe of yours on someone who doesn't deserve it.

And your personal interest on biblical interpretation has nothing to do with gay marriage in Canada, simply because as a secular nation, the Canadian federal government can legally grant homosexual couples marriage status without relying on religious dogmas since 2004.


I'm going to put this nice and simple:

You said Homosexuality being a Sin is an out-of-context interpretation.

Proof. Proof. Proof.

EDIT: Considering you reported this post without answering, I'll take that as a "No I just made it up on the spot".
70775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 3/26/12
Actually I just did some digging around and the idea that you have to be a priest to be married seems to be totally wrong. Here I live in Texas and found this.
http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/texas.htm

Scroll down to officiants to see what I mean.
First  Prev  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.