First  Prev  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  Next  Last
Post Reply Gay Marriage
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

Molier wrote:


amersfoort wrote:



Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.


Christian priests shouldn't be offered the option of not marrying a gay couple. They should not be allowed to. Otherwise they aren't entitled to be a Christian priest. Priests are supposed to be representatives of their religion. That is why they are only doing it for the money, or are fake Christians.


Since I doubt there is a definition of the word ''christian'' I can safely say that anyone who proclaims to be a christian, is a christian. To say that they are not allowed to cherry pick from their religion is to say that on this day, no true christian exists any more, by my standards a fine statement, however it would make the religion topic even more inconvenient than it already is.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M
Offline
Posted 3/26/12 , edited 3/26/12



Since I doubt there is a definition of the word ''christian'' I can safely say that anyone who proclaims to be a christian, is a christian. To say that they are not allowed to cherry pick from their religion is to say that on this day, no true christian exists any more, by my standards a fine statement, however it would make the religion topic even more inconvenient than it already is.


Please don't make this discussion slower than it needs to be. You know what a Christian is.

Christian: A person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

A priest is supposed to be a representative of the religion and has to adhere properly to the religion more than anyone else, in order to set an example. It is outrageous that priests celebrate Gay Marriage when it is a Sin according to Christianity.

Should Christian priests celebrate Sins? Yes or No (Please answer directly)
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12 , edited 3/26/12
I will not change my approach to this subject unless I feel comfortable with it.

Now since you say a christian is either baptised or a follower of jesus, you also say that the definition of a christian has no correlation with the stand of an individual on homosexuality.
One does not cease to be a christian when being pro-gay, pro-working on sunday or anti-slavery.

A priest should celebrate whatever he/she wants to celebrate (unless it harms others) so my answer would be yes.
Posted 3/26/12

Molier wrote:



Please don't make this discussion slower than it needs to be. You know what a Christian is.

Christian: A person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

A priest is supposed to be a representative of the religion and has to adhere properly to the religion more than anyone else, in order to set an example. It is outrageous that priests celebrate Gay Marriage when it is a Sin according to Christianity.

Should Christian priests celebrate Sins? Yes or No (Please answer directly)
You're hijacking the "Gay marriage" thread with your own irrelevant bias towards fundamental Christian dogmas. That's how you're ruining this secular debate completely out of context.

Furthermore, you as a self-proclaimed non-christian, are being disrespectful towards liberal Christian value of how God's love is for everyone. It's therefore arrogant and hateful of yourself passing judgment onto someone more sociable and compassionate than you.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

Molier wrote:




Since I doubt there is a definition of the word ''christian'' I can safely say that anyone who proclaims to be a christian, is a christian. To say that they are not allowed to cherry pick from their religion is to say that on this day, no true christian exists any more, by my standards a fine statement, however it would make the religion topic even more inconvenient than it already is.


Please don't make this discussion slower than it needs to be. You know what a Christian is.

Christian: A person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

A priest is supposed to be a representative of the religion and has to adhere properly to the religion more than anyone else, in order to set an example. It is outrageous that priests celebrate Gay Marriage when it is a Sin according to Christianity.

Should Christian priests celebrate Sins? Yes or No (Please answer directly)


You're telling me 300 000 confirmed members + 3 million adherents are NOT christians even though most of them would identify themselves as such. You're telling me I should know what a christian is and that a christian MUST consider homosexuality a sin? Which of the ten commandments does it violate? Where does the Christ who tells those who are without sin to cast the first stone. or who invites the tax collector to eat with him suddenly change his mind say 'GAYS OUT' please Answer ME directly.

I will not argue on your terms becuase I do NOT agree with the basic premise you set in order to win your little Iranian Kangeroo court.


67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

amersfoort wrote:


Molier wrote:


amersfoort wrote:



Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.


Christian priests shouldn't be offered the option of not marrying a gay couple. They should not be allowed to. Otherwise they aren't entitled to be a Christian priest. Priests are supposed to be representatives of their religion. That is why they are only doing it for the money, or are fake Christians.


Since I doubt there is a definition of the word ''christian'' I can safely say that anyone who proclaims to be a christian, is a christian. To say that they are not allowed to cherry pick from their religion is to say that on this day, no true christian exists any more, by my standards a fine statement, however it would make the religion topic even more inconvenient than it already is.


I disagree. No preist, pastor, minister Nor congregation should be forced to do something against their concious. However if a religious official or a JP or a captain of a ship or any other entity legallly empowered to marry a couple choses to marry a same sex couple I do not see why it cannot be alloyed. That's how Canadian law basically reads and I agree with it.

6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

Molier wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

I will not change my approach to this subject unless I feel comfortable with it.

Now since you say a christian is either baptised or a follower of jesus, you also say that the definition of a christian has no correlation with the stand of an individual on homosexuality.
One does not cease to be a christian when being pro-gay, pro-working on sunday or anti-slavery.

A priest should celebrate whatever he/she wants to celebrate (unless it harms others) so my answer would be yes.


So a priest should celebrate Sins including bestiality and all that as long as it doesn't harm others. Okay. Your idea of a priest is pretty contorted. Oh and why I should follow your views instead of my views that a priest holds a duty to properly follow the teachings of Christianity?



DomFortress wrote:

You're hijacking the "Gay marriage" thread with your own irrelevant bias towards fundamental Christian dogmas. That's how you're ruining this secular debate completely out of context.

Furthermore, you as a self-proclaimed non-christian, are being disrespectful towards liberal Christian value of how God's love is for everyone. It's therefore arrogant and hateful of yourself passing judgment onto someone more sociable and compassionate than you.


Thank you for admitting that you couldn't answer my question. This discussion is still very on-topic.


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

You're telling me 300 000 confirmed members + 3 million adherents are NOT christians even though most of them would identify themselves as such. You're telling me I should know what a christian is and that a christian MUST consider homosexuality a sin? Which of the ten commandments does it violate? Where does the Christ who tells those who are without sin to cast the first stone. or who invites the tax collector to eat with him suddenly change his mind say 'GAYS OUT' please Answer ME directly.

I will not argue on your terms becuase I do NOT agree with the basic premise you set in order to win your little Iranian Kangeroo court.


Look. Nice and simple:

Do you think Christian PRIESTS should celebrate SINS?

With others I should have included animals, my apologies for the misunderstanding.
Now, by no means do I want you to follow my views on people claiming to be christians, I myself find it that everyone from every religion is simply cherry picking from that religion principles. So for the sake of convenience I will call those cherry pickers christians/muslims/hindu's/jews/shintoists/sikhs and many more of course.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/26/12
how many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to consider homosexuality a sin to be Christian?

No amount of shouting your point will alter mine. Next you're going to start screaming 'checkmate' if that's what it takes. Do it. Declare victory and go home for you will never change my mind.
Posted 3/26/12

amersfoort wrote:



Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.


Sorry your argument doesn't stand. In other words you're telling me that the Special Olympics is cruel to people who don't have disabilities.

Seriously. Why is it so hard to tell you my point that not everyone is equal? When was the last time you saw a dude walk into the girls bathroom and all the girls be fine with it simply because "everyone has the same sets of rights".
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/26/12



The most beliveable reason I saw you make is that accepting homosexuality would make it more common. Which is a really stupid reason.

Which is a really stupid reason.


Lala just wants you to know that your reason is a really stupid reason. The rest of your reasons are a really stupid reason. With that attitude Lala will never take you seriously. Lala thinks the other guy did a lot better.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


amersfoort wrote:


Molier wrote:


amersfoort wrote:



Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.


Christian priests shouldn't be offered the option of not marrying a gay couple. They should not be allowed to. Otherwise they aren't entitled to be a Christian priest. Priests are supposed to be representatives of their religion. That is why they are only doing it for the money, or are fake Christians.


Since I doubt there is a definition of the word ''christian'' I can safely say that anyone who proclaims to be a christian, is a christian. To say that they are not allowed to cherry pick from their religion is to say that on this day, no true christian exists any more, by my standards a fine statement, however it would make the religion topic even more inconvenient than it already is.


I disagree. No preist, pastor, minister Nor congregation should be forced to do something against their concious. However if a religious official or a JP or a captain of a ship or any other entity legallly empowered to marry a couple choses to marry a same sex couple I do not see why it cannot be alloyed. That's how Canadian law basically reads and I agree with it.



I think I see your point, and I think you're right. (sorry for the short post, but I felt that it would be honest of me to see that your point was better than mine)
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

AppIejack wrote:


amersfoort wrote:



Everyone is the same in the sence that everyone is equal and has the same sets of rights. So to deny others your privilege is rude and immoral.
However I do agree that a priest should be able to refuse marrying a gay couple, unless of course he is (even partly) financed by the state.

You again fail to notice the handicapped child itself, was it happy it could play tag or was it not? the game didn't change with him joining, so it didn't ''ruin'' it. You might have enjoyed it less, but that is your own personal opinion and thus problem. To deny that child the right to play tag on that base is cruel.


Sorry your argument doesn't stand. In other words you're telling me that the Special Olympics is cruel to people who don't have disabilities.

Seriously. Why is it so hard to tell you my point that not everyone is equal? When was the last time you saw a dude walk into the girls bathroom and all the girls be fine with it simply because "everyone has the same sets of rights".


I think we are at a fundemental disagreement, I think everyone is equal, and you think they are not. The reason why I don't go into girls bathrooms because it's awkward and might be an intrusion on privacy and being laughed at of course, but equality or inequality isn't a reason for me.

However, I must thank you, thanks to you I've been thinking about equality, and if I should apply that to every livng being.
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/26/12 , edited 3/26/12

LalaSatalin wrote:




The most beliveable reason I saw you make is that accepting homosexuality would make it more common. Which is a really stupid reason.

Which is a really stupid reason.


Lala just wants you to know that your reason is a really stupid reason. The rest of your reasons are a really stupid reason. With that attitude Lala will never take you seriously. Lala thinks the other guy did a lot better.


It seems I should have elaborated. My bad.

The reason it is a stupid argument is because homosexuality is not something just anyone will do just for the heck of it.
If someone is not attracted to someone of the same gender, they will not have sex with anyone of the same gender. Simple as that.

Proof of this can be seen in the scandinavian societies. Especially in Norway and Sweden. Here, homosexuality is already accepted. It is legal for gays to marry and they can have children.
According to you, that means that there is rampant homosexuality going on everywhere.
But guess what, it's not. Because people will not have sex with someone of the same gender if they're not attracted to them.
Proof that your hypothesis is wrong.

So there. What does Lala think of that?
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 3/26/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:

It seems I should have elaborated. My bad.

The reason it is a stupid argument is because homosexuality is not something just anyone will do just for the heck of it.
If someone is not attracted to someone of the same gender, they will not have sex with anyone of the same gender. Simple as that.

Proof of this can be seen in the scandinavian societies. Especially in Norway and Sweden. Here, homosexuality is already accepted. It is legal for gays to marry and they can have children.
According to you, that means that there is rampant homosexuality going on everywhere.
But guess what, it's not. Because people will not have sex with someone of the same gender if they're not attracted to them.
Proof that your hypothesis is wrong.

So there. What does Lala think of that?


That's why Lala told you that anyone can be a homosexual and it's evidenced by prisoners behavior. Homosexual marriage was only accepted like 2 years ago so Lala thinks you're stupid if you think you can measure the differences already. If children are brought up thinking it is totally normal for love between two homosexual couples then they will be influenced. Lala knows that anyone can be a homosexual even if it is mainly caused by nature (not proven yet). Because drugs causes people to be homosexual too.
Posted 3/26/12 , edited 3/26/12

LalaSatalin wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

It seems I should have elaborated. My bad.

The reason it is a stupid argument is because homosexuality is not something just anyone will do just for the heck of it.
If someone is not attracted to someone of the same gender, they will not have sex with anyone of the same gender. Simple as that.

Proof of this can be seen in the scandinavian societies. Especially in Norway and Sweden. Here, homosexuality is already accepted. It is legal for gays to marry and they can have children.
According to you, that means that there is rampant homosexuality going on everywhere.
But guess what, it's not. Because people will not have sex with someone of the same gender if they're not attracted to them.
Proof that your hypothesis is wrong.

So there. What does Lala think of that?


That's why Lala told you that anyone can be a homosexual and it's evidenced by prisoners behavior. Homosexual marriage was only accepted like 2 years ago so Lala thinks you're stupid if you think you can measure the differences already. If children are brought up thinking it is totally normal for love between two homosexual couples then they will be influenced. Lala knows that anyone can be a homosexual even if it is mainly caused by nature (not proven yet). Because drugs causes people to be homosexual too.
If prison, thinking, and drugs can turn people into homosexuals, or so you claimed while you ignored all scientific findings that had proven otherwise, then gay marriage wouldn't be the actual cause for people turning gays by your baseless claim.

National Geographic explains the biology of homosexuality
NatGeo explains how one's sexual orientation is determined during embryonic development. They look at how it is possible for one identical twin to be gay and the other to be straight. They address a new branch of Genetics called, Epigenetics. This area of Genetics explores and explains how one's DNA sequence is NOT the only factor in one's phenotypic (actual) outcome. This episode explains how both twins could have the gene for a disorder, yet only one twin actually has the disorder. The same science explains sexual orientation differences in twins.

The 'Gay Brain' Explained - Louann Brizendine
Dr. Louann Brizendine, author of The Male Brain, outlines the preliminary scientific results measuring the differences between the straight male brain and the gay male brain. She says that having "same-sex attraction" is "not some kind of a moral decision," but rather involves brain circuitry, genes, and hormones.
Why, that's as stupid as claiming the opposite is true, that heterosexual marriage is what made us straights. Now talk about your screwed up paranoia.

Also, your country isn't the whole world. My hometown Canada had legalized homosexual marriage since 2004, and nothing like you claimed ever happened. Other nations which had legalized homosexual marriage even earlier than mine also didn't turned out like you feared. So your homophobia is unjustified, regardless on how your military had once considered funding a 7.5 million dollars chemical weapon R&D project, to create a "gay bomb" back in 1994.

Margaret Cho on the "gay bomb"
A 7.5 million dollar investment by the U.S. Air Force to develop a gay bomb that would transform soldiers - our enemies' soldiers - into lustful homosexuals. Only Margaret can give this real story the twist it deserves. Boom!
First  Prev  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.