WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Theories on Evolution
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


reikiaddict wrote:

I still believe in the Pythagorean approach, which I want to become one. Everything is in unique mathematical patterns whether it be evolution and biology or physics. Understanding that enlightens us towards God since this perfectness is equal to Him.

EDIT: so yeah I believe in evolution, yet in a different point of view.


Seriously what in the world made come to this conclusion. First off using god in evoloution is light the sweet mother of controversy. Tell me how can you use god yet believe evolution. Second perfect being is inaccurate and shows arrogance on your part. Third what in the hell does math matic equation half to do with whether we evolved or not. Every single sentence you typed struck a knife of controversy.
You need to understand your concepts before injecting them in to a conversation.
Please understand this is not attacking. But understand the concept we proposed.
What you said was truly irrelevant. As we stated in earlier post apes and humans have a single ancestor. NOW WHAT JUST CHECK THE EARLIER POST FOR THE INFO OK!!! REPEAT ONLY IF YOU CARE!!! please ppl do not show ingorance in such a situation.



Alright lol I understand that I didn't elaborate enough and posted vague ideas. Oh well, I'm too tired to research for this. XD

ah no one knows the Pythagoreans *sobs*....I wanted to be one...
1905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / pwning the world.
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

ollie_p wrote:

My goodness...touchy subjects do not always have to devolve in to making fun of one another. I prefer to discuss the idea at hand, not some one's apparent lack of grammar skills. We are all of common interest and friends here (one would hope), and obviously enjoy talking about theories that have interested philosophers and bullsh**ters over the years.

As far as the theories of evolution I will stick with what I suppose could be called the happy median approach that my Anatomy/Physiology teacher believed in, who was also in fact a devout Christian and avid scientist. She said that the more she learned about science and the human body, the more it strengthened her faith and her belief in science and evolution. Nature has ways to balance itself, correct? Such as the weather, and the three states of matter as it relates to water. Water, does not in fact stay water all of the time. It becomes a solid, and also a gas, which then returns to it's liquid state. If water can change, and balance itself on it's own, why can't living, breathing creatures do the same? Or looking at the flip side how could these things happen unless some infinitely wise and omnipresent being was there to look over the whole darn mess? And let's beat that old quote to death "I think, therefore I am". But who had the first thought? Who or what actually was conscious enough to be aware of it's own existence rather than just existing?

And as far as the universe is concerned, is anyone well versed on string theory? I have just started to read a book about it but I am not sure how it ties into the old chestnut about evolution.

Feel free to hen peck away at what I said, but no mud slinging, I might cry if you hurt my feelings...


Haha, lack of grammer skills... But sometimes I do wonder about some things. "If a girafee can't reach the trees and jumps to reach.. does that mean he and his offspring jump until the trees get too large and then eventually die off?" but how would a random longer necked girafee randomly be born and live on unless someone is watching over them more hundreds of years.. but in that case god must be so freaking slow.. hundreds of years later "omg i think these animals need a longer neck!" while these other extinct birds are dieing you wonder what he's doing over the years..
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

rawrrusuck wrote:


ollie_p wrote:

My goodness...touchy subjects do not always have to devolve in to making fun of one another. I prefer to discuss the idea at hand, not some one's apparent lack of grammar skills. We are all of common interest and friends here (one would hope), and obviously enjoy talking about theories that have interested philosophers and bullsh**ters over the years.

As far as the theories of evolution I will stick with what I suppose could be called the happy median approach that my Anatomy/Physiology teacher believed in, who was also in fact a devout Christian and avid scientist. She said that the more she learned about science and the human body, the more it strengthened her faith and her belief in science and evolution. Nature has ways to balance itself, correct? Such as the weather, and the three states of matter as it relates to water. Water, does not in fact stay water all of the time. It becomes a solid, and also a gas, which then returns to it's liquid state. If water can change, and balance itself on it's own, why can't living, breathing creatures do the same? Or looking at the flip side how could these things happen unless some infinitely wise and omnipresent being was there to look over the whole darn mess? And let's beat that old quote to death "I think, therefore I am". But who had the first thought? Who or what actually was conscious enough to be aware of it's own existence rather than just existing?

And as far as the universe is concerned, is anyone well versed on string theory? I have just started to read a book about it but I am not sure how it ties into the old chestnut about evolution.

Feel free to hen peck away at what I said, but no mud slinging, I might cry if you hurt my feelings...


Haha, lack of grammer skills... But sometimes I do wonder about some things. "If a girafee can't reach the trees and jumps to reach.. does that mean he and his offspring jump until the trees get too large and then eventually die off?" but how would a random longer necked girafee randomly be born and live on unless someone is watching over them more hundreds of years.. but in that case god must be so freaking slow.. hundreds of years later "omg i think these animals need a longer neck!" while these other extinct birds are dieing you wonder what he's doing over the years..


grammar not grammer hahaha
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
To me, this seems like a fruitless debate unless one is well versed with what evolution actually theorizes. So far no one has given a proper account of what evolution is, and would rather debate about irrelevant matters such as air conditioners and cars.

The starting point must be to define ones terms, to do so, here are some resources which may aid in the discussion.

In depth summary on origin of species, broken down into major topics of each chapter:
1) http://www.literaturepage.com/read/darwin-origin-of-species.html
2) http://www.bartleby.com/11/

Simple BBC summary on origin of species http://bioinf.may.ie/crann/darwin/origin/oos9_7.htm

chapter by chapter summary on the descent of man
http://www.darwin-literature.com/The_Descent_Of_Man/3.html

5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

cbisram wrote:

To me, this seems like a fruitless debate unless one is well versed with what evolution actually theorizes. So far no one has given a proper account of what evolution is, and would rather debate about irrelevant matters such as air conditioners and cars.

The starting point must be to define ones terms, to do so, here are some resources which may aid in the discussion.

In depth summary on origin of species, broken down into major topics of each chapter:
1) http://www.literaturepage.com/read/darwin-origin-of-species.html
2) http://www.bartleby.com/11/

Simple BBC summary on origin of species http://bioinf.may.ie/crann/darwin/origin/oos9_7.htm

chapter by chapter summary on the descent of man
http://www.darwin-literature.com/The_Descent_Of_Man/3.html



Lol basically what makes this "valid" is the noticeable similarities between species (adaptation)
30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
Well, you can use God and believe in evolution by saying... God created evolution. *shrugs*
1905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / pwning the world.
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
gosh cbisram you must be crazy about this stuff. but I will look into your links~ It might help me raise my science grade by learning more.


reikiaddict wrote:

I still believe in the Pythagorean approach, which I want to become one. Everything is in unique mathematical patterns whether it be evolution and biology or physics. Understanding that enlightens us towards God since this perfectness is equal to Him.

EDIT: so yeah I believe in evolution, yet in a different point of view.


But..What the hell does phythagorean therom have to do with evolution? -_-- I think humans are far from perfect.. First of all we have a few useless organs..
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
what do you mean reiki?
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

rawrrusuck wrote:

gosh cbisram you must be crazy about this stuff. but I will look into your links~ It might help me raise my science grade by learning more.


reikiaddict wrote:

I still believe in the Pythagorean approach, which I want to become one. Everything is in unique mathematical patterns whether it be evolution and biology or physics. Understanding that enlightens us towards God since this perfectness is equal to Him.

EDIT: so yeah I believe in evolution, yet in a different point of view.


But..What the hell does phythagorean therom have to do with evolution? -_-- I think humans are far from perfect.. First of all we have a few useless organs..


you make me wanna cry!!!! Pythagoreans are people like Newton, Keppler, Pythagoras..Galileo.....those who used mathematical proportions and perfect sequences to understand God. Since God is perfect, they believe that since He created the universe, the universe must have perfect patterns. What sucks the most is that its supposed to be kept hidden inside the oragnization but some freaks used their research for technology advancement.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / US
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
meh, well gj cbisram for posing links, saved me some trouble as thats all I would have done.
29091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

ollie_p wrote:

My goodness...touchy subjects do not always have to devolve in to making fun of one another. I prefer to discuss the idea at hand, not some one's apparent lack of grammar skills. We are all of common interest and friends here (one would hope), and obviously enjoy talking about theories that have interested philosophers and bullsh**ters over the years.

As far as the theories of evolution I will stick with what I suppose could be called the happy median approach that my Anatomy/Physiology teacher believed in, who was also in fact a devout Christian and avid scientist. She said that the more she learned about science and the human body, the more it strengthened her faith and her belief in science and evolution. Nature has ways to balance itself, correct? Such as the weather, and the three states of matter as it relates to water. Water, does not in fact stay water all of the time. It becomes a solid, and also a gas, which then returns to it's liquid state. If water can change, and balance itself on it's own, why can't living, breathing creatures do the same? Or looking at the flip side how could these things happen unless some infinitely wise and omnipresent being was there to look over the whole darn mess? And let's beat that old quote to death "I think, therefore I am". But who had the first thought? Who or what actually was conscious enough to be aware of it's own existence rather than just existing?

And as far as the universe is concerned, is anyone well versed on string theory? I have just started to read a book about it but I am not sure how it ties into the old chestnut about evolution.

Feel free to hen peck away at what I said, but no mud slinging, I might cry if you hurt my feelings...


Well this is my time to have a mud fight srry. Heres how it is and how i`m gonna throw you a boulder. First of the their are accutally five states of matter so you know. second faith is seperated from science for a just reason. Because it brings belief and data into a giant collision. Stability of water is untrue infact its not even a freakin noble gas. That proves water is not stable cause it combines easily. Uhhh your science teacher may come into the situation were her faith and science indeed collide. Also earlier I discussed this on the thread. But that is only a belief not scientific fact. Please be sure to know the meaning of what you stated. Its basically saying humans can maintain balance. Which is next to impossible. Its not so easy saying that human beings are like noble gases who do not change. Its quite the opposite. I`D GIVE YOU MORE OF A LECTURE BUT I STOP CARING 12 senteces ago. !!NO MORE ARROGANCE STUDY YOUR FACTS PLEASE!!!

5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


ollie_p wrote:

My goodness...touchy subjects do not always have to devolve in to making fun of one another. I prefer to discuss the idea at hand, not some one's apparent lack of grammar skills. We are all of common interest and friends here (one would hope), and obviously enjoy talking about theories that have interested philosophers and bullsh**ters over the years.

As far as the theories of evolution I will stick with what I suppose could be called the happy median approach that my Anatomy/Physiology teacher believed in, who was also in fact a devout Christian and avid scientist. She said that the more she learned about science and the human body, the more it strengthened her faith and her belief in science and evolution. Nature has ways to balance itself, correct? Such as the weather, and the three states of matter as it relates to water. Water, does not in fact stay water all of the time. It becomes a solid, and also a gas, which then returns to it's liquid state. If water can change, and balance itself on it's own, why can't living, breathing creatures do the same? Or looking at the flip side how could these things happen unless some infinitely wise and omnipresent being was there to look over the whole darn mess? And let's beat that old quote to death "I think, therefore I am". But who had the first thought? Who or what actually was conscious enough to be aware of it's own existence rather than just existing?

And as far as the universe is concerned, is anyone well versed on string theory? I have just started to read a book about it but I am not sure how it ties into the old chestnut about evolution.

Feel free to hen peck away at what I said, but no mud slinging, I might cry if you hurt my feelings...


Well this is my time to have a mud fight srry. Heres how it is and how i`m gonna throw you a boulder. First of the their are accutally five states of matter so you know. second faith is seperated from science for a just reason. Because it brings belief and data into a giant collision. Stability of water is untrue infact its not even a freakin noble gas. That proves water is not stable cause it combines easily. Uhhh your science teacher may come into the situation were her faith and science indeed collide. Also earlier I discussed this on the thread. But that is only a belief not scientific fact. Please be sure to know the meaning of what you stated. Its basically saying humans can maintain balance. Which is next to impossible. Its not so easy saying that human beings are like noble gases who do not change. Its quite the opposite. I`D GIVE YOU MORE OF A LECTURE BIUT I STOP CARING 12 senteces ago. !!NO MORE ARROGANCE STUDY YOUR FACTS PLEASE!!!



That proves Thomas Kuhn's beliefs....sorry XD peace
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
does ollie go to a religious school or something? why is her teacher talking how science strengthens her faith in a class about science? Evolution and religion don't necessarily mesh, and anyways its irresponsible of her to bring such connections up in a class devoted to the pursuit of the scientific method. This religious connection should be kept out of the classroon in my opinion.
2104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / (not real answer)...
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

Crossy wrote:

Well, you can use God and believe in evolution by saying... God created evolution. *shrugs*


hehe, that's kind of how I feel. what I learned in my biology class (of course they tell you when we went through the evolutionary part of biology that they respect our religious beliefs) that out of the millions of us out there, some of us will have . . . I forget how to word this correctly . . . birth defects, and should we survive with these special . . . birth defects? . . . and if it's crucial for our survival, then it'll go on. Oh, maybe it's traits instead of birth defects, ^.^;; but anyways, sometimes the traits aren't important. For example, writing with your left hand is inheritant (so I'm marrying a left-handed person! ^.^), and so are blue eyes. They are both recessive, so not everyone will have it. If you have a dominant trait, it will overcome a recessive trait, but you can still pass on the recessive trait should you have offspring (teacher's words, lol) with another who carries that trait. This is what some believe evolution can come from. If, by reproducing with another who carries the mutant trait, you get a new species, then you can create humans with the ability to walk upright (not so useful when you think about it) and have the ability to use 10% of their brain (only 10%? why is that?)
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

cbisram wrote:

does ollie go to a religious school or something? why is her teacher talking how science strengthens her faith in a class about science? Evolution and religion don't necessarily mesh, and anyways its irresponsible of her to bring such connections up in a class devoted to the pursuit of the scientific method. This religious connection should be kept out of the classroon in my opinion.


Science, including evolution, is closely related to religion more than you think.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.