First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Live in partner
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

aluminar wrote:


gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:

it's a good idea to live with your partner to see if you can ACTUALLY live together, if you drive each other insane dont even bother, if you're going to sleep together always use protection, should she get pregnant, make her get an abortion, chances are the kid hasnt actually achieved consciousness yet and so it is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable.... until you get married then if she gets pregnant then let her have the kid, marriages that arent so much a choice as a responsibility always fail.....


Equivalent to smashing a vegetable? Do you have a fucking soul? A life begins as soon as a child is conceived dumbass. You're only 14, so what the fuck do you know about marriage and family anyway? I read you're profile too, and let me tell you, you are one horrible person.

-yes in fact it actually is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable, it IS alive but if it hasn't achieved consciousness it is a plant, quite literally a plant, before it achieves consciousness, it is no better than a tree, and we have no remorse clear cutting them down.....

-maybe I dont, but quite frankly I dont really care either way....

-LIFE is, but THOUGHT isn't, again life without the ability to think is a plant.....

-what does age matter? my parents are crazy in love and thats because they chose to get married out of choice, not obligation, I have a younger brother, I know a lot about family, it has it's ups and downs, I'm well aware of that....

-that's my opinion, it doesnt have to be yours, it does not violate freedom of speech by purposely interfering with anyone else's opinion, and I have every right to say it, and should never have consequences because of it.... unlike you, who is deliberately trying to interfere with my opinion, which directly violates freedom of speech.....

-I'm not a horrible person, I just speak my mind, actually people who are truly horrible are those that act innocent, we all know nobody is.... all of us actually have opinions that would make us seem like awful people just the "horrible people" like me choose to speak them, while the "good people" dont.....




You are right in that you have the right to say what you want, but I also have the right to tell you my opinion of what you say. You see, I take offense when you compare human life to a tree. Since when is the ability to think a requirement for life? A human is a human, and abortion is killing something that is alive.

You need to get over yourself. You think you are just speaking your mind when you want all mentally retarded people killed. How the fuck would anyone take a statement like that? It's just cruel and stupid. You act like abortion is no big deal, but you have no fucking idea. When did I interfere with your opinion? This is a forum, idiot. I just have no respect for anyone who regards human life so lowly. I'm not forcing you to think like I do, but I feel like someone like you needs to honestly think over his values.

Since you lack any experience and maturity, I'll go ahead and tell you this: I also have two parents who love eachother and have been married for a long time, and a little brother as well. This does not mean I know a lot about family, and the same applies to you. Until you start your own family, I seriously doubt you'll have a clear idea.

2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / yesterday
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:


gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:

it's a good idea to live with your partner to see if you can ACTUALLY live together, if you drive each other insane dont even bother, if you're going to sleep together always use protection, should she get pregnant, make her get an abortion, chances are the kid hasnt actually achieved consciousness yet and so it is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable.... until you get married then if she gets pregnant then let her have the kid, marriages that arent so much a choice as a responsibility always fail.....


Equivalent to smashing a vegetable? Do you have a fucking soul? A life begins as soon as a child is conceived dumbass. You're only 14, so what the fuck do you know about marriage and family anyway? I read you're profile too, and let me tell you, you are one horrible person.

-yes in fact it actually is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable, it IS alive but if it hasn't achieved consciousness it is a plant, quite literally a plant, before it achieves consciousness, it is no better than a tree, and we have no remorse clear cutting them down.....

-maybe I dont, but quite frankly I dont really care either way....

-LIFE is, but THOUGHT isn't, again life without the ability to think is a plant.....

-what does age matter? my parents are crazy in love and thats because they chose to get married out of choice, not obligation, I have a younger brother, I know a lot about family, it has it's ups and downs, I'm well aware of that....

-that's my opinion, it doesnt have to be yours, it does not violate freedom of speech by purposely interfering with anyone else's opinion, and I have every right to say it, and should never have consequences because of it.... unlike you, who is deliberately trying to interfere with my opinion, which directly violates freedom of speech.....

-I'm not a horrible person, I just speak my mind, actually people who are truly horrible are those that act innocent, we all know nobody is.... all of us actually have opinions that would make us seem like awful people just the "horrible people" like me choose to speak them, while the "good people" dont.....




You are right in that you have the right to say what you want, but I also have the right to tell you my opinion of what you say. You see, I take offense when you compare human life to a tree. Since when is the ability to think a requirement for life? A human is a human, and abortion is killing something that is alive.

You need to get over yourself. You think you are just speaking your mind when you want all mentally retarded people killed. How the fuck would anyone take a statement like that? It's just cruel and stupid. You act like abortion is no big deal, but you have no fucking idea. When did I interfere with your opinion? This is a forum, idiot. I just have no respect for anyone who regards human life so lowly. I'm not forcing you to think like I do, but I feel like someone like you needs to honestly think over his values.

Since you lack any experience and maturity, I'll go ahead and tell you this: I also have two parents who love eachother and have been married for a long time, and a little brother as well. This does not mean I know a lot about family, and the same applies to you. Until you start your own family, I seriously doubt you'll have a clear idea.


to avoid a flaming war, the only intelligent thing to do is to call it even, I got my opinions, you got yours, so lets agree to disagree

803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

Regulus133 wrote:


gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:

it's a good idea to live with your partner to see if you can ACTUALLY live together, if you drive each other insane dont even bother, if you're going to sleep together always use protection, should she get pregnant, make her get an abortion, chances are the kid hasnt actually achieved consciousness yet and so it is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable.... until you get married then if she gets pregnant then let her have the kid, marriages that arent so much a choice as a responsibility always fail.....


Equivalent to smashing a vegetable? Do you have a fucking soul? A life begins as soon as a child is conceived dumbass. You're only 14, so what the fuck do you know about marriage and family anyway? I read you're profile too, and let me tell you, you are one horrible person.


Let's get your arguments straight:

1.) Early abortions are not the equivalent to smashing vegetables
2.) aluminar does not have a soul/is not a good person because of his belief
3.) aluminar is a "dumbass" for not believing that human life begins at conception
4.) The age of 14 is insufficient for understanding marriage and family, which somehow makes him unable to speak of abortion; being 4 years older, however, is sufficient
5.) aluminar is a horrible person

Let's toss out 2, 5, and the first part of 3, since they're all pointless rhetoric. I also think I can dismiss 4 on the grounds of hypocrisy and irrelevancy to topic.

So we're left with discussing whether or not early abortions are the equivalent to smashing vegetables and whether or not human life does begin at conception, which are basically the same issue. Until you provide a definition for human life, you're really not making an argument at all. Perhaps you believe a soul is created in or issued to the child at conception, but I ask you to prove to me that this soul exists if that is the case. If it is not a matter of a soul, aluminar's analogy is accurate insofar as it is merely a cell or collection thereof.

Basically, your entire post was useless. The single argument you actually made was grounded on a personal (possibly religious) definition of human life. I would hope that an 18-year-old would be aware of other views in the world and not immediately dismiss opposing ones as dumb, soulless, and horrible solely on the grounds that they are not in agreement with his own unproven position. Perhaps you will think about what you write before posting it next time.



Hardy har har, it was definintly necessary to be so facetious with your opening words, don'tcha think?

Anyway, it's obvious that I can't prove when a soul enters a human body, as it is a belief. But I'd like you to show me that there is no soul in a child's body at conception so you can prove your theory. A group of cells or a full grown person, a human being is a human being. Whether or not it can think has nothing to do with it.

Obviously, I'm aware that not everyone is going to share my views. I don't think you should talk down to me because of a few of my own (rather childish) insults on an internet forum. It's upsetting when people talk so loosely about abortion and euthanasia, especially to someone who values life.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

aluminar wrote:


gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:


gratefuldead68 wrote:


aluminar wrote:

it's a good idea to live with your partner to see if you can ACTUALLY live together, if you drive each other insane dont even bother, if you're going to sleep together always use protection, should she get pregnant, make her get an abortion, chances are the kid hasnt actually achieved consciousness yet and so it is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable.... until you get married then if she gets pregnant then let her have the kid, marriages that arent so much a choice as a responsibility always fail.....


Equivalent to smashing a vegetable? Do you have a fucking soul? A life begins as soon as a child is conceived dumbass. You're only 14, so what the fuck do you know about marriage and family anyway? I read you're profile too, and let me tell you, you are one horrible person.

-yes in fact it actually is the equivalent of smashing a vegetable, it IS alive but if it hasn't achieved consciousness it is a plant, quite literally a plant, before it achieves consciousness, it is no better than a tree, and we have no remorse clear cutting them down.....

-maybe I dont, but quite frankly I dont really care either way....

-LIFE is, but THOUGHT isn't, again life without the ability to think is a plant.....

-what does age matter? my parents are crazy in love and thats because they chose to get married out of choice, not obligation, I have a younger brother, I know a lot about family, it has it's ups and downs, I'm well aware of that....

-that's my opinion, it doesnt have to be yours, it does not violate freedom of speech by purposely interfering with anyone else's opinion, and I have every right to say it, and should never have consequences because of it.... unlike you, who is deliberately trying to interfere with my opinion, which directly violates freedom of speech.....

-I'm not a horrible person, I just speak my mind, actually people who are truly horrible are those that act innocent, we all know nobody is.... all of us actually have opinions that would make us seem like awful people just the "horrible people" like me choose to speak them, while the "good people" dont.....




You are right in that you have the right to say what you want, but I also have the right to tell you my opinion of what you say. You see, I take offense when you compare human life to a tree. Since when is the ability to think a requirement for life? A human is a human, and abortion is killing something that is alive.

You need to get over yourself. You think you are just speaking your mind when you want all mentally retarded people killed. How the fuck would anyone take a statement like that? It's just cruel and stupid. You act like abortion is no big deal, but you have no fucking idea. When did I interfere with your opinion? This is a forum, idiot. I just have no respect for anyone who regards human life so lowly. I'm not forcing you to think like I do, but I feel like someone like you needs to honestly think over his values.

Since you lack any experience and maturity, I'll go ahead and tell you this: I also have two parents who love eachother and have been married for a long time, and a little brother as well. This does not mean I know a lot about family, and the same applies to you. Until you start your own family, I seriously doubt you'll have a clear idea.


to avoid a flaming war, the only intelligent thing to do is to call it even, I got my opinions, you got yours, so lets agree to disagree



Agreed.
Posted 5/21/08
i personally think couples should try living with each other first so they'll have a taste of marriage... if it all goes well, then ahead with the marriage.... this way, divorce is not something in the near future.. less damage.
1433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

gratefuldead68 wrote:

Anyway, it's obvious that I can't prove when a soul enters a human body, as it is a belief. But I'd like you to show me that there is no soul in a child's body at conception so you can prove your theory.


My theory? What theory? Full-grown humans are collections of cells as well, so there should be no controversy. I also never denied the possibility of a soul. However, if you cannot prove that there is one, there's no logical/sensible reason to pretend there is. Similarly, it would be incredibly foolish for everyone to hide in his basement in preparation for a nuclear attack in 12 hours if there were no evidence to suggest it would happen. This isn't about proving one way or another, which would, I agree, lead to a stalemate. This is about working with what is observable, otherwise anyone could come up with a crazy idea that prevents all further action. How belief lacking evidence affects your personal life is your business, but applying it to others is absurd.


A group of cells or a full grown person, a human being is a human being. Whether or not it can think has nothing to do with it.


All right, so that can be your definition of a human being, which still doesn't make other definitions stupid. However, the real issue with abortion shouldn't be about defining human life, since it would ultimately be out of an opinion rather than an objective observation. Even the way we've gone about the abortion debate has been fueled very much by rhetoric (think pro-choice and pro-life), playing with words rather than confronting meaning. We should instead be looking at the circumstances surrounding the infant's existence and the practicality of the procedure, weighing the advantages and disadvantages it would have for both the individual and the group. There is still plenty of debate to be had here, but I honestly think that the problems that arise are minor. We don't really need to have a discussion about that, since we're in a thread about living together and I'm trying to point out the meaninglessness of definition at this point.


Obviously, I'm aware that not everyone is going to share my views. I don't think you should talk down to me because of a few of my own (rather childish) insults on an internet forum. It's upsetting when people talk so loosely about abortion and euthanasia, especially to someone who values life.


So you're telling me that you don't think I should talk down to someone who talks down to someone else? That's funny. If you want to be civil, I'll be civil too; if you want to be uncivil, expect similar responses. I can understand your being upset by another's words, but is it really necessary to insult when you can just question his assertions in a manner that is actually conducive to discussion?

18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / anime world
Offline
Posted 5/21/08
it's not illegal...
1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 5/22/08 , edited 6/6/08
religion and norm are impediments to having a live in partner but i see there are violations
3666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/22/08
hmm this is a sensitive question...but i don't agree in living in...people are more prone to heartaches because there's really no commitment, no strings attached....
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / ????.....
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

meggy_ wrote:

because without marriage, it still illegal... what i mean... its like flying without wings..


I agree
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 5/26/08
i want to get married so i can do many MANY things
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
This is just a very stupid indeed. But then, who's to blame if these people are that scared and petrified of commitment.
241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/31/08
It's okay to move in together if you're not married.
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

sh1ranu1 wrote:

i once had a boyfriend for 4 years before we moved in together, it was great, love was strong, but after 2 more years it just somehow went wrong, and we went our separate ways . like life moved him that way and life moved me this way you know ? good thing i didnt marry him, because then id be divorced right about now >.<


i hope you had no kids
Posted 6/10/08
woman: im pregnant!
man:fuck this shit! im leaving you!

man:im pregnant!
woman: lol wut?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.