First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Filipinos Read This **Post in English Only!**
45761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Dawson's Creek..!...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08 , edited 5/10/08

Nobody28 wrote:


lanie_love wrote:


jo_hachi08 wrote:

I love PHILIPPINES !!!! and also the Filipino's... you know this is actually true.... another example is when others ask you if your a Filipino, they would actually say NO!!!! i hate people who are pretending to be like that.. ME i'm proud to be PILIPINO!!!...


aw..thats the correct spelling of pilipino not filipino...


eii, chigaimazu ^_^
filipino and pilipino are both correct ^_^
one is for english version and the other is for the tagalog one ^_^


what i meant is for the REAL PILIPINO....
u can use pilipino for english too
wait,,are u PILIPINO???
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

lanie_love wrote:


Nobody28 wrote:


lanie_love wrote:


jo_hachi08 wrote:

I love PHILIPPINES !!!! and also the Filipino's... you know this is actually true.... another example is when others ask you if your a Filipino, they would actually say NO!!!! i hate people who are pretending to be like that.. ME i'm proud to be PILIPINO!!!...


aw..thats the correct spelling of pilipino not filipino...


eii, chigaimazu ^_^
filipino and pilipino are both correct ^_^
one is for english version and the other is for the tagalog one ^_^


what i meant is for the REAL PILIPINO....
u can use pilipino for english too
wait,,are u PILIPINO???


hai orewa filipino ^_^
oh i get what you mean ^_^
45761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Dawson's Creek..!...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

Nobody28 wrote:


lanie_love wrote:


Nobody28 wrote:


lanie_love wrote:


jo_hachi08 wrote:

I love PHILIPPINES !!!! and also the Filipino's... you know this is actually true.... another example is when others ask you if your a Filipino, they would actually say NO!!!! i hate people who are pretending to be like that.. ME i'm proud to be PILIPINO!!!...


aw..thats the correct spelling of pilipino not filipino...


eii, chigaimazu ^_^
filipino and pilipino are both correct ^_^
one is for english version and the other is for the tagalog one ^_^


what i meant is for the REAL PILIPINO....
u can use pilipino for english too
wait,,are u PILIPINO???


hai orewa filipino ^_^
oh i get what you mean ^_^


hehehe....ok:D:D....
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

kinchin123 wrote:

lol its true.. BUT, no matter how much you changed you just cant.. Whatever love of the country you do, numerous people still has the greedy hearts.... We do loved our country but it seems that only few has the will to do it more...


well i disagree with that since if you actually talk to a lot of people especially the teens, newly grad, and even those poor people you'll see that they want to change ^_^ they want to help but can,, the article was right in saying that we need love but we need one more thing to put that in action and that is a good leader ^_^ not the president or anyone from the government, just a person who will start to do something like HELP ^_^ a person with a charisma that people can believe in,, everyone can change either by themselve or with help ^_^
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
whew...truth hurts..
1525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / in this life time!
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

jhelie wrote:


I just found this so I am passing it on
i'm filipino i read the essay and i think is true don't hate me I'm just telling my opinion

==================================
READ..................

Pls. pass to all Filipinos you know

Backgrounder: As you know, we have plenty of Koreans currently studying in the Philippines to take advantage of our cheaper tuition fees and learn English at the same time.
This is an essay written by a Korean student that I want to share with you. (Never mind the grammar; it's the CONTENT that counts). Maybe it is timely to think about this in the midst of all the confusion at present.

Bam U. Ramirez
===================================

************************************** ************************

************************************** **********************

FOR THE LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE

Bam U. Ramirez
====================================




i read it.. some of it are true, but some of it are also wrong...

True that Our Present Government is really corrupt, but cmon! how can this korean tell that we, FILIPINOS DOESN'T HAVE MUCH LOVE FOR OUR COUNTRY??? Tell me? some part of the essay is true, some part of it is touching, and a part of me is really happy that someone not being a Filipino is concerned about us. But this I have to contradict,


Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines
. My gosh! Have he seen People Power 1 and 2? does he know how many lives, blood and tears were shed? I am so.. so.. sad at this part, how can he assumed that no one cried from this country? another thing


When I was in Korea, I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines, I completely lost my faith. I was very confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in the Philippines. Street kids always make me sad, and I see them everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia, but there are too many poor people here. People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed. My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids


He lost faith when he set foot Here in Our Country, is it our fault he lost faith in himself? From my point of view, he should not be feeling that--instead he should be burning up with patriotism and love and faith that he can Change things for the better.

I've never seen my self so patriotic at this time, but what i can say is that, he was saying this because he doesn't know what we, Filipinos are going thru, yes, he said that it saddened him everytime he sees little ones begging of for alms, but were feeling that to right? what Iam disappointed is that it takes a Non- Filipino to say that, and we, who are natives just go with the flow, but i think, given the justification.. we can do our best if we really try to be and do serve our country in the right manner and over throw those corrupt politicians in our government. Filipinos, Do NOT LOOSE HOPE ,Have FAITH, some day WE CAN MAKE IT!
1644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Planet Novus: Any...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

Nobody28 wrote:


kinchin123 wrote:

lol its true.. BUT, no matter how much you changed you just cant.. Whatever love of the country you do, numerous people still has the greedy hearts.... We do loved our country but it seems that only few has the will to do it more...


well i disagree with that since if you actually talk to a lot of people especially the teens, newly grad, and even those poor people you'll see that they want to change ^_^ they want to help but can,, the article was right in saying that we need love but we need one more thing to put that in action and that is a good leader ^_^ not the president or anyone from the government, just a person who will start to do something like HELP ^_^ a person with a charisma that people can believe in,, everyone can change either by themselve or with help ^_^

That was what I mean maybe theres Filipinos who loves the country but to what extent? ISn't it Rizal's loved the country? but now what? Did the Filipinos continued to love it? Did Rizals sacrifices became fruitful? If I were to judge the article its basically correct but in different terms HOW? The world is different now and before.. I admire koreans for their bravery, patience and Love of Country.. But it cant be done in Philippines nowadays.. Lets say for example you loved your country.. You run for a political position but greed always comes first so maybe the candidate wants the good for the country but not for the others. they'll cheat in elections.. the one who loves the country lose.. So till how much you can love the country and to what extent and is every Filipino willing to do it?

879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Palmdale, CA
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

jhelie wrote:


I just found this so I am passing it on
i'm filipino i read the essay and i think is true don't hate me I'm just telling my opinion

==================================
READ..................

Pls. pass to all Filipinos you know

Backgrounder: As you know, we have plenty of Koreans currently studying in the Philippines to take advantage of our cheaper tuition fees and learn English at the same time.
This is an essay written by a Korean student that I want to share with you. (Never mind the grammar; it's the CONTENT that counts). Maybe it is timely to think about this in the midst of all the confusion at present.

Bam U. Ramirez
===================================

************************************** ************************

"MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES"
by Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines.

Let me first talk about my country, Korea. It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and we had no natural resources. Koreans used to talk about the Philippines, for Filipinos were very rich in Asia. We envy Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans really did their best for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism.

Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism.
40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea. He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and attract a foreign investment because the economic situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through horrible experience.

In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw the President Park. They asked to him, "President, when can we be well off?" That was the only question everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea, and the President of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea. So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea. He always asked Koreans to love their country from their heart. Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to Korea to help developing country because they wanted their country to be well off. Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country. My parents always brought me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people live. They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my neighborhood. Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security
compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines. Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for the future and their children.

When I was in Korea, I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines, I completely lost my faith. I was very confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in the Philippines. Street kids always make me sad, and I see them everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia, but there are too many poor people here. People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed. My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids. When we went to Pasangjan, I forced my parents to take a boat because it would fun. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boatmen, for the boatmen were very poor and had a small frame. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it. But, my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them. My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are same and have received a great love from God. I want Filipinos to love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off. I am sure that love is the keyword, which Filipinos should remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must start in everybody, in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love. Let's put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes. I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and relationships. It changes the world. Please love your neighborhood and country. Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to Him. In the Philippines, there is God for people who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love. If you have a child, teach them how to love the Philippines. Teach them why they have to love their neighborhood and country. You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others.

That's all I really want to ask you Filipinos.

************************************** **********************

FOR THE LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE

Bam U. Ramirez
====================================




I read it and I'm impress, it remind me of something I forgot. Im glad it was post here to be read by all. Thanks for the one who wrote this, I too had experienced riding in a boat in pagsanjan but did not had fun because I pity the young men who carry the boat and they were poor earning a little amount of the whole day pushing and carryong the boat. I also noticed that there were a lot of koreans in pagsanjan which the workers there would love because according to them koreans and other foreigners give them a huge amount of tip.

1525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / in this life time!
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

Nobody28 wrote:


kinchin123 wrote:

lol its true.. BUT, no matter how much you changed you just cant.. Whatever love of the country you do, numerous people still has the greedy hearts.... We do loved our country but it seems that only few has the will to do it more...


well i disagree with that since if you actually talk to a lot of people especially the teens, newly grad, and even those poor people you'll see that they want to change ^_^ they want to help but can,, the article was right in saying that we need love but we need one more thing to put that in action and that is a good leader ^_^ not the president or anyone from the government, just a person who will start to do something like HELP ^_^ a person with a charisma that people can believe in,, everyone can change either by themselve or with help ^_^


also agreed with this, those newly grads like my self, as a citizen i want to help and i want to work in our country, but how can we do that if the government is so corrupt? many are jobless, many business are closing down becuase of this, many wanted to help believe me, but how could it be possible? thats why many opted to leave our country to work in foreign country because our government are slacking off and were too busy cheating us with our money. they were leaving because they have dreams that they want to achieve, that they cannot do in here, I mean they want to help their families lets face it thats 1 of the main reason also.

Our Country is so rich with many hidden resources! thats why japan, america and spanish conquered us, because they want to utilized it for themselves, thats why many lives were taken. I just wished we could utilized it to the fullest and rebuild our country for a better tomorrow
1639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / 근섴'ㅅ 룸 :))
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
well, u can't blame others for wanting to achieve more..wanting to help your family comes first and being away with ur family is such a big sacrifice..(sorry coz my mom's working abroad)..though u can really help your country through doing small good deeds and do it in every single second that u can..i feel hopeless for our government(whoever has the fault) and feel sorry for filipinos who don't deserve to feel helpless..
2223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / infRont Of yOu!!!
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
huh! speechless...agree
6497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / cLouD9
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
whatever! i certainly love our country.
and yeah, i sort of agree with that individual who wrote that essay...
(i was not able to finish it because it's too long..)
well, i guess Filipinos are indeed sick! they, i mean "we", tend to patronize the works of other countries.
We tend to think greatly of them... like duh!
I can seldom encounter a Filipino who is patronizing the work of his countrymen.
majority of us would even despise the product of our country.
We tend to become selfish and would just choose to leave our "sick" country and save ourselves by earning bigger bucks. A great percentage of the college students at present are taking up Bachelor of Science in Nursing in order to leave our country.
They're smart yet stupid at the same time... and guess what, i'm one of them.
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
mga kababayan, mga kapatid!!!!
let's all change for a better Philippines!!!
It's not too late!
1591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / beside you
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
reality bites..
727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

jhelie wrote:


I just found this so I am passing it on
i'm filipino i read the essay and i think is true don't hate me I'm just telling my opinion

==================================
READ..................

Pls. pass to all Filipinos you know

Backgrounder: As you know, we have plenty of Koreans currently studying in the Philippines to take advantage of our cheaper tuition fees and learn English at the same time.
This is an essay written by a Korean student that I want to share with you. (Never mind the grammar; it's the CONTENT that counts). Maybe it is timely to think about this in the midst of all the confusion at present.

Bam U. Ramirez
===================================

************************************** ************************

"MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES"
by Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines.

Let me first talk about my country, Korea. It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and we had no natural resources. Koreans used to talk about the Philippines, for Filipinos were very rich in Asia. We envy Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans really did their best for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism.

Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism.
40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea. He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and attract a foreign investment because the economic situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through horrible experience.

In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw the President Park. They asked to him, "President, when can we be well off?" That was the only question everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea, and the President of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea. So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea. He always asked Koreans to love their country from their heart. Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to Korea to help developing country because they wanted their country to be well off. Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country. My parents always brought me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people live. They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my neighborhood. Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security
compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines. Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for the future and their children.

When I was in Korea, I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines, I completely lost my faith. I was very confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in the Philippines. Street kids always make me sad, and I see them everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia, but there are too many poor people here. People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed. My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids. When we went to Pasangjan, I forced my parents to take a boat because it would fun. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boatmen, for the boatmen were very poor and had a small frame. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it. But, my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them. My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are same and have received a great love from God. I want Filipinos to love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off. I am sure that love is the keyword, which Filipinos should remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must start in everybody, in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love. Let's put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes. I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and relationships. It changes the world. Please love your neighborhood and country. Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to Him. In the Philippines, there is God for people who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love. If you have a child, teach them how to love the Philippines. Teach them why they have to love their neighborhood and country. You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others.

That's all I really want to ask you Filipinos.

************************************** **********************

FOR THE LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE

Bam U. Ramirez
====================================


i am so touched and yet so ashamed..
touched that someone, who is not a Filipino, is loving the Philippines..
ashamed that a foreigner is doing what we Filipinos should be doing..
"love thy own country"... shame on me..shame on us Filipinos..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.