First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Filipino artists and their drawing styles
1478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Valenzuela City P...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
not bad, Im not a critic anyway
1605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / phil
Offline
Posted 5/10/08 , edited 5/10/08
http://joeycelerio.deviantart.com

lets not limit ourselves to artist who can only draw "manga style"
now this guy is one of the pioneer artist in the Philippines, hes really good. I don't know him personally but he is one of my friend's dad. He works on various comic book industry and even do a freelance in Disney animation.

sample of his works:



448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
I can tell he use a program like photoshop to
make his work better.
Wait what does this happen to do with anime?
It's drawings...
8771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
well well well, it's better than I thought. but I feel there is still a missing piece
216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
Well, what can I say as a fellow artist there is automatic respect. However, if I were to be a critic it doesn't seem very original. I mean, their very good drawings but the style seems too generic for my taste. The artist above me though, you can see the persons originality come through better than the other one. I'd go into more detail with pics but I'm fairly new and haven't figured out how to do it yet. On the other hand I'd say it depends on the person, for the first artist...if you've seen alot of anime the style seems to all mesh togother (I've had these feelings recently) that it's very hard to find any originality. Same for the other artist...if you've read alot of American comics then the person above wouldn't seem very original either.
834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
I can see the diffrence from those picture.That it has a diffrent style XD i like it .It look original and diffrent style from JP maybe a new type of style will emerge itself?Who knows.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

angelgirll wrote:

I can tell he use a program like photoshop to
make his work better.
Wait what does this happen to do with anime?
It's drawings...


uhm.. he's using Corel and tablet.. nowadays you can't see Popular Mangakas use his pencil, ballpen, signpen etc.. maybe pencil for scratch.. even the popular "Tony Taka" is using tablet and a program (a tablet doesnt work w/out a program btw)



dunno why some people think they know better...
448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08 , edited 5/10/08

rosenkrantz wrote:


angelgirll wrote:

I can tell he use a program like photoshop to
make his work better.
Wait what does this happen to do with anime?
It's drawings...


uhm.. he's using Corel and tablet.. nowadays you can't see Popular Mangakas use his pencil, ballpen, signpen etc.. maybe pencil for scratch.. even the popular "Tony Taka" is using tablet and a program (a tablet doesnt work w/out a program btw)



dunno why some people think they know better...


hm.. Still I don't think this belong in the anime forum..?
Tony Taka? I don't know that mangaka.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

angelgirll wrote:


rosenkrantz wrote:


angelgirll wrote:

I can tell he use a program like photoshop to
make his work better.
Wait what does this happen to do with anime?
It's drawings...


uhm.. he's using Corel and tablet.. nowadays you can't see Popular Mangakas use his pencil, ballpen, signpen etc.. maybe pencil for scratch.. even the popular "Tony Taka" is using tablet and a program (a tablet doesnt work w/out a program btw)



dunno why some people think they know better...


hm.. Still I don't think this belong in the anime forum..?
Tony Taka? I don't know that mangaka.


OMG!
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

mattering wrote:

Hmmm..its good and all but i dont know why but it is missing the anime feeling lol...seriously


well of course it will miss the ainme feeling that we anime fans loved ^__^
you see anime means japanese caroons and those photos were made by filipino(s) ^__^
if you live in the phil those drawing actually beat our cartoons LoL
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

angelgirll wrote:

I can tell he use a program like photoshop to
make his work better.
Wait what does this happen to do with anime?
It's drawings...


anime are drawings but they do move LoL
i think you can say its an filipino anime xD
3388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Ryoma's House
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

rosenkrantz wrote:

here's one of them, he's pen name is Lires, an artist and member of "Mangaholix"

his site on deviantart.. http://www.lires.deviantart.com/

his works...






you can see the complete list of his works on his deviant

Edit:

click the images to see it's original caption

Edit:

if you come up with an idea that the style and works of this artist has no originality.. could you post an example? please do..


omg! did he draw this or is this like...CG? (computer graphic)
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

aquabeet wrote:

I can see the diffrence from those picture.That it has a diffrent style XD i like it .It look original and diffrent style from JP maybe a new type of style will emerge itself?Who knows.


i knew it

still.. some people says it's not original even though it's hard to differentiate anime drawings nowadays
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

AyumiNazu wrote:


rosenkrantz wrote:

here's one of them, he's pen name is Lires, an artist and member of "Mangaholix"

his site on deviantart.. http://www.lires.deviantart.com/

his works...






you can see the complete list of his works on his deviant

Edit:

click the images to see it's original caption

Edit:

if you come up with an idea that the style and works of this artist has no originality.. could you post an example? please do..


omg! did he draw this or is this like...CG? (computer graphic)


i know it's hard to believe it's coming from a Filipino artist but it's true, it is drawn using a tablet (a basic tool of mangakas)
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

izickree wrote:

I thought you were talking about something more professional when you said "Filipino artists"

its just someone on Deviantart


yeah i said artist, and he's a graphic artist

artist doesnt mean "someone popular", how about this.. let's syllabicate the word.. "art" "ist" what do you know! there's a word "art"!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.