First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Filipino artists and their drawing styles
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
sick and tired of hearing "it's not original and it's like other anime drawings"

doesn't that mean that every anime has the same style of drawing?! it's only similar to other anime drawings because it's portraying the Anime World! it's anime! that's why it looks the same but the drawing style is absolutely different! look at the line art! it's way too different! it's very sharp! unlike Japanese style of drawing! c'mon people!
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

gondola_wuv wrote:


angelgirll wrote:
Tony Taka? I don't know that mangaka.


His works probably wouldn't interest you anyway. They're good though, heck I'm a fan. He does eroge and doujinshi.


the way he draw eyes!
5804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Somewhere in hell
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
Great drawing but they all look philipino-ish
Well I don't think i'll like it if it turns into an anime....
16128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / EEeehhh?! Why do...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
they're very good^^ really
216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/08 , edited 5/10/08

Nobody28 wrote:


mattering wrote:
you see anime means japanese caroons and those photos were made by filipino(s) ^__^





Cadpig wrote:

Actually anime is short for animation no matter if it's Cardcaptor Sakura or Tom & Jerry in Japan they're called the same thing: anime. Then again, it's not a Japanese word in origin either as if I recall correctly it comes from French.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
very nice
it seems to me that filipino anime/cartoons has their distinct look
4144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where devils dwell.
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

mattering wrote:

Hmmm..its good and all but i dont know why but it is missing the anime feeling lol...seriously



i kinda get what you feel.....i know it's very good but something's lacking...but i still envy you!!!!i'm not good at coloring,angles and stuff...but...i'm lazy to do things like that...

4579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Kingston Upon Thames
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
im proud
412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
pretty good!
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
These are realy nice. i could never colour to save my life.
Does he use photoshop or something else for colour.
834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
It kind of what you say simple and straightforward..Cause anime in japan is more of a detail and neat,.and you can see it more complex.
871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
it seems a little stiff and the eyes r weirdish because im use to i diffrent style nut overall its good
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/11/08

fr33noob wrote:

These are realy nice. i could never colour to save my life.
Does he use photoshop or something else for colour.


Yup, Adobe Photoshop CS3 and a tablet
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
well, i admit that the drawings are good but, don't they have their own style? it looks more like manga..
5947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/11/08 , edited 5/11/08
want some Filipino art? here....

well the thing is.. maybe some may say it is manga art, which is japanese art, yes indeed i am deeply influenced by japanese manga. this is because japanese manga is considered as a world wide culture... japanese manga has spread its wings all across the globe. no one can replace them, thats why even we Filipinos have adapted that kind of art, but still we put effort on putting some Filipino touch in it. even Korean art looks like manga, so to sum it all, we Asians share the same passion which Japan has started, it is manga and anime.. no matter what, you can call my art Filipino art of manga, because im a pure Filipino, and im still proud to be one, despite our Government issues..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.