First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Samurai Warriors Biography
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

Blackheart567 wrote:

I am searching on how Keiji died *searching*


lol same here XD
Shōshō
19924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines, Luzo...
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:

I am searching on how Keiji died *searching*


lol same here XD


Si did you find it? i can't seem to find Keiji's reason for his death
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

Blackheart567 wrote:


Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:

I am searching on how Keiji died *searching*


lol same here XD


Si did you find it? i can't seem to find Keiji's reason for his death


no icant find it 2 =( well then lets just say he went missing after a fight XD
Shōshō
19924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines, Luzo...
Offline
Posted 5/21/08

Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:


Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:

I am searching on how Keiji died *searching*


lol same here XD


Si did you find it? i can't seem to find Keiji's reason for his death


no icant find it 2 =( well then lets just say he went missing after a fight XD


must have died in Illness or age
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/21/08
yea he must have O_O
Shōshō
1266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

Katsunaga wrote:


Kz07 wrote:

err , as I heard , he died because of illness . I just read it at some website which I don't remember anymore . lol .


o i read from http://sengoku-database.tripod.com/home.htm
Tadakatsu died of old age in 1610. At the time he was the lord of a great fief in Izu province. He was succeeded by his eldest son Tadamasa (忠政) and second son Tadatomo (忠朝) (who would unfortunately die just 5 years later during the Osaka campaign). Both of his successors would fight the defenders of Osaka castle in 1614 and 1615, but neither of them would gain the fame and prestige that their father had.


ee , I don't understand that Sengoku-Jidai thingy . I read some of the history books and they're really different from Sengoku-Jidai . I don't really know which is which . And about Keiji , as I read from many articles , no one really knows the cause of his death .
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

Kz07 wrote:


Katsunaga wrote:


Kz07 wrote:

err , as I heard , he died because of illness . I just read it at some website which I don't remember anymore . lol .


o i read from http://sengoku-database.tripod.com/home.htm
Tadakatsu died of old age in 1610. At the time he was the lord of a great fief in Izu province. He was succeeded by his eldest son Tadamasa (忠政) and second son Tadatomo (忠朝) (who would unfortunately die just 5 years later during the Osaka campaign). Both of his successors would fight the defenders of Osaka castle in 1614 and 1615, but neither of them would gain the fame and prestige that their father had.


ee , I don't understand that Sengoku-Jidai thingy . I read some of the history books and they're really different from Sengoku-Jidai . I don't really know which is which . And about Keiji , as I read from many articles , no one really knows the cause of his death .


lol i no its confusing (spelling bad) anyway i cpuldnt find anything about keji death at all
Daimyō
2858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Planet Mogo
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

ee , I don't understand that Sengoku-Jidai thingy . I read some of the history books and they're really different from Sengoku-Jidai . I don't really know which is which . And about Keiji , as I read from many articles , no one really knows the cause of his death . Image



lol i no its confusing (spelling bad) anyway i cpuldnt find anything about keji death at all


Cannot find anything either. Only his death date which was 1612. I think he died of old age or illness.
Because after the sekigahara campaign in 1600 the Uesugi they moved to Yonezawa domain.
Keiji is said to become their retainer and stayed with them. So the only logical option is he died of old age or
he was assassinated by the tokugawas sometime after he became a retainer.

Shōshō
19924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines, Luzo...
Offline
Posted 5/22/08
Keiji's death remains a mystery......but his armor can still be found at a museum at Japan^^
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

Blackheart567 wrote:

Keiji's death remains a mystery......but his armor can still be found at a museum at Japan^^


o kool i wana c
Shōshō
19924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines, Luzo...
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:

Keiji's death remains a mystery......but his armor can still be found at a museum at Japan^^


o kool i wana c


"Keiji's armour can still be seen today at the Miyasaka Museum" I'am searching for Miyasaka Museum
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

Blackheart567 wrote:


Katsunaga wrote:


Blackheart567 wrote:

Keiji's death remains a mystery......but his armor can still be found at a museum at Japan^^


o kool i wana c


"Keiji's armour can still be seen today at the Miyasaka Museum" I'am searching for Miyasaka Museum


o ok im gona look for pics of it
Daimyō
2858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Planet Mogo
Offline
Posted 5/22/08
Naoe Kanetsuge


Kanetsugu was born in 1560, the son of Higuchi Kanetoyo, and originally was called Higuchi Kagetsugu. Because of his intelligence, he quickly became a chief advisor to the Uesugi. In the civil war that was fought between Uesugi vassals following Kenshin's death (called the Otate no Ran), Naoe Kanetsugu supported Uesugi Kagekatsu.

In 1579, Kagekatsu emerged as the victor of the Otate no Ran. Because Kanetsugu had supported Kagekatsu in this war, when the lord of Yoita Castle, 直江信綱 Naoe Nobutsuna, died, Kagekatsu would order Nobutsuna's widow to marry Kanetsugu. Thus Kanetsugu (who at the time was still named Higuchi Kagetsugu) became Naoe Kanetsugu and the inheritor of Naoe Nobutsuna's domain (which he would keep until the Uesugi clan was transferred to Yonezawa by Tokugawa Ieyasu).

After and during the Otate no Ran, the Oda converged upon Uesugi Kagekatsu's territories and very nearly wiped the Uesugi off the map. However, when Oda Nobunaga died, Uesugi Kagekatsu won favor with him by attacking Shibata Katsuie. This was during a time when Shibata Katsuie and Toyotomi Hideyoshi were at odds with one another, and so the Toyotomi and Uesugi became strong allies thereafter.

Following Hideyoshi's death, Uesugi Kagekatsu decided to build up his army. Tokugawa Ieyasu, who feared that the Uesugi might go to war with him, demanded that Kagekatsu stop this. Supporting Kagekatsu's plan to strengthen the Uesugi army though, Naoe Kanetsugu wrote a hostile letter to the Tokugawa stating that "while citified samurai busily collect tea implements, country samurai gather arms for war."* Soon after, the Uesugi arranged an alliance with Ishida Mitsunari, one of Toyotomi Hideyoshi's former administrators, against the Tokugawa.

In the events that led up to the Battle of Sekigahara, Naoe Kanetsugu moved swiftly in an attempt to jeopardize Tokugawa Ieyasu's holdings in Japan's Kanto Province. After a brisk siege, he managed to take Hataya Castle. However, two daimyo of the North, Date Masamune and Mogami Yoshiaki, successfully countered Naoe Kanetsugu and defeated him in the Battle of Hasedou.

During the year 1601, after the decisive Battle of Sekigahara that resulted in victory for the Eastern army, the Uesugi clan was transferred to Yonezawa. Naoe Kanetsugu received a fief worth 60,000 koku there. Soon after, Kanetsugu retired, though before the end of his life he would write a law code called "Orders for Peasants." Naoe Katsushige (who was adopted) and Naoe Kageaki succeeded Kanetsugu after the latter's death in 1619. Kanetsugu was well known for wearing a helmet affixed with the kanji 愛 Ai, which means Love. Though Kanetsugu is not as famous as many other samurai from this time, he still played an important role in supporting Ishida Mitsunari during the Sekigahara campaign. Today a statue of him can be found in front of the Yoita History and Folk Museum in Niigata Prefecture of Japan.
Strategist
10817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Gone
Offline
Posted 5/22/08

repede wrote:

Naoe Kanetsuge


Kanetsugu was born in 1560, the son of Higuchi Kanetoyo, and originally was called Higuchi Kagetsugu. Because of his intelligence, he quickly became a chief advisor to the Uesugi. In the civil war that was fought between Uesugi vassals following Kenshin's death (called the Otate no Ran), Naoe Kanetsugu supported Uesugi Kagekatsu.

In 1579, Kagekatsu emerged as the victor of the Otate no Ran. Because Kanetsugu had supported Kagekatsu in this war, when the lord of Yoita Castle, 直江信綱 Naoe Nobutsuna, died, Kagekatsu would order Nobutsuna's widow to marry Kanetsugu. Thus Kanetsugu (who at the time was still named Higuchi Kagetsugu) became Naoe Kanetsugu and the inheritor of Naoe Nobutsuna's domain (which he would keep until the Uesugi clan was transferred to Yonezawa by Tokugawa Ieyasu).

After and during the Otate no Ran, the Oda converged upon Uesugi Kagekatsu's territories and very nearly wiped the Uesugi off the map. However, when Oda Nobunaga died, Uesugi Kagekatsu won favor with him by attacking Shibata Katsuie. This was during a time when Shibata Katsuie and Toyotomi Hideyoshi were at odds with one another, and so the Toyotomi and Uesugi became strong allies thereafter.

Following Hideyoshi's death, Uesugi Kagekatsu decided to build up his army. Tokugawa Ieyasu, who feared that the Uesugi might go to war with him, demanded that Kagekatsu stop this. Supporting Kagekatsu's plan to strengthen the Uesugi army though, Naoe Kanetsugu wrote a hostile letter to the Tokugawa stating that "while citified samurai busily collect tea implements, country samurai gather arms for war."* Soon after, the Uesugi arranged an alliance with Ishida Mitsunari, one of Toyotomi Hideyoshi's former administrators, against the Tokugawa.

In the events that led up to the Battle of Sekigahara, Naoe Kanetsugu moved swiftly in an attempt to jeopardize Tokugawa Ieyasu's holdings in Japan's Kanto Province. After a brisk siege, he managed to take Hataya Castle. However, two daimyo of the North, Date Masamune and Mogami Yoshiaki, successfully countered Naoe Kanetsugu and defeated him in the Battle of Hasedou.

During the year 1601, after the decisive Battle of Sekigahara that resulted in victory for the Eastern army, the Uesugi clan was transferred to Yonezawa. Naoe Kanetsugu received a fief worth 60,000 koku there. Soon after, Kanetsugu retired, though before the end of his life he would write a law code called "Orders for Peasants." Naoe Katsushige (who was adopted) and Naoe Kageaki succeeded Kanetsugu after the latter's death in 1619. Kanetsugu was well known for wearing a helmet affixed with the kanji 愛 Ai, which means Love. Though Kanetsugu is not as famous as many other samurai from this time, he still played an important role in supporting Ishida Mitsunari during the Sekigahara campaign. Today a statue of him can be found in front of the Yoita History and Folk Museum in Niigata Prefecture of Japan.



so he die of old age
Shōshō
19924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines, Luzo...
Offline
Posted 5/22/08
whew! Kanetsugu died of old age......His hat is kinda cool though^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.