Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do you think Japanese People are the only ones who can become "Manga Artists"?
9703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Clamp Land
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
Anyone can be a manga designer
2082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 東京都
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
I don't think so..
haha.. Keep going to your dream.. xD
1656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / la~la~land
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
korean mangakas are called manhwa, so i gues it can be more than just japanese
Posted 5/11/08
You could always just make graphic novels.
511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/11/08

Moonlightmegumi wrote:

I've been dreaming of becoming a manga-ka someday but I dont think I'll be, one day..

You see, I'm not a Japanese and I don't live in Japan but making manga someday is really my dream.

So, for the people who are not Japanese and who doesn't live in Japan but wants to be a manga artist someday, do you think Japanese People are the only ones who can become Manga Artists?

No flames please.


Well, you could always go to Japan, but I think as far as manga artist goes many country have them. You don't nesscerily have to live in Japan, or know Japanese. (besides, manga-ka's make little money so heads up)

1765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / ...in your manga!
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
Anyone can become one but manga is comics anyways.
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 5/11/08

riavan wrote:

Yeah, I disagree with that.
What annoys me is non-Japanese mangaka who write a manga in an English format (front to front and left to right) rather than the Japanese way, why would they do this? It's like destroying the biggest market for your books.


They write it that way because they don't naturally read that way It being read from right to left doesn't make it a manga, it's read that way because that's how they read in Japan. I want to be a manga artist but I'm not making it from right to left because I'm American and that's how I read.
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
I want to be a manga artist too, there are plenty american manga artist out here. Tokyopop publishes quite a feww OEL manga titles. You don't have to be Japanese to be a manga-ka or live in Japan. You can always send in your stuff for Tokyopop or other companies
459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / At your door xP
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
Well, I don't really know . I think if a Non-Japanese artist drew a manga, it wouldn't be called a manga . It would be called as a comic strip .

I don't care what you think, but im just stating of whats right .
63413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CA, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/11/08 , edited 5/12/08

Moonlightmegumi wrote:

I've been dreaming of becoming a manga-ka someday but I dont think I'll be, one day..

You see, I'm not a Japanese and I don't live in Japan but making manga someday is really my dream.

So, for the people who are not Japanese and who doesn't live in Japan but wants to be a manga artist someday, do you think Japanese People are the only ones who can become Manga Artists?

No flames please.


Of course you can become one. You haven't read any manga by Korean artists? I forgot what Koreans called comic books/manga. And their drawing style id similiar to what you would find in a manga.

I have a series at home that is by Korean manga-ka:

Priceless

I also read a few of them online.

So don't be discourage, anyone can be one.

MANGA = GRAPHIC NOVELS = COMICS, whoever says manga is not a comic book is mistaken.

It is kind of like ANIME = CARTOONS = ANIMATIONS
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/11/08

Usakobunny wrote:


riavan wrote:

Yeah, I disagree with that.
What annoys me is non-Japanese mangaka who write a manga in an English format (front to front and left to right) rather than the Japanese way, why would they do this? It's like destroying the biggest market for your books.


They write it that way because they don't naturally read that way It being read from right to left doesn't make it a manga, it's read that way because that's how they read in Japan. I want to be a manga artist but I'm not making it from right to left because I'm American and that's how I read.


Quite aware why it's right to left and why it's written left to right in english Obvious is Obvious, but by writing it left to right your pretty much destroying the biggest potential market for your manga. It is in the end your choice, I'm just saying.

4404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
Its based on their skills and passion :angry:
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / california
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
I don't read em but I know there are Korean mangas
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 5/11/08 , edited 5/11/08

riavan wrote:


Usakobunny wrote:


riavan wrote:

Yeah, I disagree with that.
What annoys me is non-Japanese mangaka who write a manga in an English format (front to front and left to right) rather than the Japanese way, why would they do this? It's like destroying the biggest market for your books.


They write it that way because they don't naturally read that way It being read from right to left doesn't make it a manga, it's read that way because that's how they read in Japan. I want to be a manga artist but I'm not making it from right to left because I'm American and that's how I read.


Quite aware why it's right to left and why it's written left to right in english Obvious is Obvious, but by writing it left to right your pretty much destroying the biggest potential market for your manga. It is in the end your choice, I'm just saying.



How does it destroy it? No offense to the Japanese or anything but what makes a manga more buyable( somehow I don't think that's a word) because it is read from right to left? That makes no sense to me...I hope I don't sound rude or anything =O
20049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/11/08
Anyone can be a manga artist. If they try hard enough
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.