First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Do you think Japanese People are the only ones who can become "Manga Artists"?
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / north, south, eas...
Offline
Posted 11/25/08
nope.. lots of korean and chinese are also.. in our country... i dont know

but i'm making mangas too.. hehe
Posted 11/25/08

charlenepearl04 wrote:

***any one that could draw well can be a manga artist

is tht right.......!


well yes and no because to make a manga it more to the story than the drawing, so if the story bad the whole thing fail, if the story is good and drawing is not too crappy, just able to see what it is then it will be publish
630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
everyone can be a manga artist.. is not like only Japanese can be manga artists..
486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
well, i guess only japanese can draw hot bishounens!
hahaha!

westerners drawings are lame! *no offense
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bedroom.
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
no. certainly not :]
955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
Anyone can as long as they have talent, but it's very hard.
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

riavan wrote:

Indeed, if I wrote a manga, the first thing I would do was give myself a "Japanese author-screen name" sounds weird right? But do you see how many people cry about non-Japanese manga, for reasons right or wrong, you wouldn't want to get caught up in that.


well one of the successful mangakas in japan is french. his name is..benoit something. i read one of his and it's ...good. not your typical naruto-one piece of course, more alongthe lines of tanizaki san
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

yoshiko_inori wrote:

From the day I was born, I know I'm destined to be a manga-ka.
Ok, so what if it's not from the day I was born. At least I do dream about being a manga-ka.
The funy thing is, I only have a Japanese last name and don't have a blood of a Japanese.
But, so what? Dooes it really count being a Japanese in order to be a manga-ka?
All you have to do is draw, right? (Ok, it's not that simple.)

All I wanna say is, as long as you think you can, then try.


yes it's that simple. you just have to draw or know how to more specificaly.
because like seraphic feather or hokuto no ken, there is a mangaka AND a sript writer.
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

jhealizzie wrote:

well, i guess only japanese can draw hot bishounens!
hahaha!

westerners drawings are lame! *no offense :)


hmm..; depends...
i don't like skinny bishonens.
i'm not into the conan type either but the bruce lee kind is nice on the eye. jackie chan too (young) so nope, ai yazawa's bishonen are NOT dreamy
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

setsuoh wrote:


riavan wrote:

Indeed, if I wrote a manga, the first thing I would do was give myself a "Japanese author-screen name" sounds weird right? But do you see how many people cry about non-Japanese manga, for reasons right or wrong, you wouldn't want to get caught up in that.


well one of the successful mangakas in japan is french. his name is..benoit something. i read one of his and it's ...good. not your typical naruto-one piece of course, more alongthe lines of tanizaki san


Of course one of the successful mangakas in japan is french, probably something girly and sells very well to those ko-gals who want to say "oh-lala" and "bon appetite".

Generally speaking, people both of the English and Japanese speaking world seem to follow the ideology that "if it's not by a Japanese person then it's not manga." just take a look around at the different threads, it's appalling how silly people are, I disagree very strongly, but they're the people you'd want to market to, since the people saying "english people can be mangaka's too" would still be part of the marketable demographic, regardless of whether you decide to give yourself a Japanese pen name or not.

That's my logic for giving yourself a Japanese pen name and having the format from back to front.






Also, don't triple post, all posts are editable forever on CR, there is no time limit and people/mods will get angry if you keep doing them.

295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
OFCOURSE! Japanese People are the only ones who can make up so much nonsense on a weekly basis without of even checking up on some facts...For the exception of Chuck Norris, who bends the laws on nature with his roundhouse every time before he writes manga.

1099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA CA. SD
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
no
10524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / iloilo city, Phil...
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

noobkoo wrote:

I think that anybody can be a manga artist, just because majority of the people are Japanese, it doesn't mean that someone of a difference race can't do the same.


true true...
2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Half-Blood Camp
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
i think not..i mean it really depends on you
574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
I'd like to refer to myself as a 'Gaijin Mangaka'.

Whatever the case may be.
First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.