i wanted to upload anime with either english sub or english
1884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 1/31/07
I wanted upload animation Fruit basket.. but i donot know how to put the subtitle in english or in english.. because it on dvd.. and I have download VLC where i watch it by click the dvd and can watch on VLC then watching it on dvd player.... is there anyways i can upload this animation with english sub or english.. because i am not sure how to do that.. I just wanted to share...the animation...
Because it let me upload it but first few esp is going to be in japanese and some would be in english...

so hope someone can help me
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 1/31/07
If it's in English, then it's licensed. Don't upload it.
66185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 1/31/07
^-^ Its sweet that you want to upload it for us all but im afraid it's licensed so you can't put it up.
1222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In Kyou's pants
Offline
Posted 1/31/07
heh wouldn't it be so much better of animes never got dubbed in the 1st place
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 1/31/07

Sasori89 wrote:

heh wouldn't it be so much better of animes never got dubbed in the 1st place


What makes you say that?
1222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In Kyou's pants
Offline
Posted 1/31/07
Most of the time when a anime get's dubbed I always will like the original more and if anime never get's licensed here in NA then sites like crunchroll youtube and so on would still have the anime up.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 1/31/07

Sasori89 wrote:

Most of the time when a anime get's dubbed I always will like the original more and if anime never get's licensed here in NA then sites like crunchroll youtube and so on would still have the anime up.


It's fine for you to like dubs. However, you must also realize that there are those who prefer dubs and raws.

Dubs help series gain larger fanbases worldwide, especially shows aimed at younger kids. Maybe you do, but I don't know of any 6 year olds who are perfectly content with listening to characters ramble on in Japanese while reading subtitles. Hell, at that age some kids are still just beginning to read.
1526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/31/07

s_j_b wrote:

^-^ Its sweet that you want to upload it for us all but im afraid it's licensed so you can't put it up.


quoted for truth.

and in terms of sub vs dubs it's completely a preference issue. I personally like subs because it retains more of the anime's autheticity in my mind. I would watch the raws but I don't understand japanese.....yet.

And so I don't stray completely off topic. general rule: if the anime u want to upload has english VA's, it's licensed.
Posted 1/31/07

babygirlswt24 wrote:

I wanted upload animation Fruit basket.. but i donot know how to put the subtitle in english or in english.. because it on dvd.. and I have download VLC where i watch it by click the dvd and can watch on VLC then watching it on dvd player.... is there anyways i can upload this animation with english sub or english.. because i am not sure how to do that.. I just wanted to share...the animation...
Because it let me upload it but first few esp is going to be in japanese and some would be in english...

so hope someone can help me



basically if it's english dubbed, it's been licensed.. dont waste your time uploading as it won't be approved. I think Shinji and the staff are still in the process of removing licensed material if not already...
You must be logged in to post.