First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Liscenced Already?!
Member
57633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / San Francisco, Ca...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
why it licensed!!!! i only watch one episode of it
Member
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / South!
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
Lmao! Everyone seems to be freaking about because of this. Am I the only one that doesn't mind that it's licensed?

There are several things that can happen.
1) They can do just like they did Sukisho/Sukisyo and keep it with Japanese voices. They'll just add subtitles.
2) They'll find a bunch of American men (And maybe a female or two to play the female parts)that don't mind being part of a shonen-ai (I consider it shonen-ai because kissing scenes aren't really yaoi to me and the parts that are considered 'yaoi' don't really show as much as other yaoi anime that I've seen; this is my reasoning alone and I'd rather not argue on it) and do like they did with Gravitation. 99.95% of the DVDs in America that contain anime have a choice of English or Japanese dubbed features. I've yet to find one that didn't have it.

Basically, I think it's pointless to complain about it being licensed. If you look on the bright side, each and every person that enjoys this anime will be able to buy the DVDs (assuming that he or she has money when it comes out in another year or however long it takes, depending on what they're doing). It won't matter whether the voices are 'ruined' or 'better' or anything at all because either way, if you don't like it, you can just give it subtitles and change the dubbing to Japanese.

In the meantime, visit other sites for the other episodes or take up watching another new anime. Seeing as how this anime is new, I'm sure the DVDs won't be out for a long time. Ouran High School Host Club has 26 (I think it was 26. Might have been 25.) episodes and has been licensed since around the spring or so of last year. The first DVD will be released in the fall of this year. That anime had just finished playing in the summer so give or take a month or two, it took a year and a half to get the DVD out with English voices.

Most yaoi anime released in America stayed with the Japanese voices (Loveless and Sukisho are prime examples since I own both) so if that is the case, I'm sure the wait won't be longer than a year and a half to come out. Give or take a few months, you can expect it out around the Fall/Winter of next year. (Of course, because this anime came out VERY recently, I think it may take a little longer, but this is just all of what I'm assuming.)

www.veoh.com is known to have the episodes as soon as they come out subbed. It's pretty reliable and I like it personally. Try going there and exploring, too. They had Ouran High School Host Club (All of it) on there for a WHILE after it was licensed which was how I managed to finish watching it.

Instead of crying, I believe we should all look on the bright side. The anime is now going to become available to us and since I see that most (if not all) of us really like this anime. You'll find a way to get money to buy it. Just be glad that it will be available to you!

Yes, I'm an optimist. So what? I live in America. I appreciate what's happening. I want those damned DVDs! I swear, as soon as I get word for when they're coming out, I'm saving up as much money as I can so I can buy them! Better believe I won't be missing out on ANY of those DVDs!

Still, I DO damn them for licensing it so fast! I'd much rather watch my anime here. It's a burden to go out and find it but whatever. I'm dealing. You can, too.


-Mimi~♪
Member
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / South!
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

jprovido wrote:

I WAS KINDA HAPPY THAT IT WAS LICENSED. no to gay animes


Do you WANT to be jumped by thousands (Pfftt. Probably millions) of rabid fangirls and boys?
cms321 
10084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / カリフォルニア
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
Well there are always other sites to get it from, so don't complain too much...

But yaoi/shounen-ai anime in the states has sometimes not been dubbed (ie: Sukisho!)

And no licensor would do this without the original Japanese track, so don't worry about it not having Japanese...

But the thing that surprised me about this anime is that it's being broadcast weekly on Japan's public television. Usually yaoi/shounen-ai anime is shown only by DVD or something...usually not shown on TV. But they censored it so much, it's no surprise.

Thankfully the episode by DVD issue that Okane ga Nai does isn't the case with this one.

So hopefully, the licensor will release it quickly, by just adding subs.

And the licensor is probably Anime Works or whoever licensed Sukisho and Weiß Kreuz
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in a planet calle...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
I tried searching who licensed it. But I cannot find it anywhere. I wonder who licensed it. They must have really good taste. LOL. ^__^
909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / loverland
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY THEY DO THAT I MEAN IT IS YAOI WHY DUB IT...
IT WON'T BE THE SAME...........I GUESS LIKE MOST OF YOU SAY IT IS BASED ON THE POPULARITY
SO SAD THOUGH THEY HAVE TO Liscenced AND SO QUICKLY TOO....
6026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Manila, PH
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:

I WAS KINDA HAPPY THAT IT WAS LICENSED. no to gay animes


Do you WANT to be jumped by thousands (Pfftt. Probably millions) of rabid fangirls and boys?


dunno why girls enjoy watchin yaoi too much (i mean TOO much, i have girl-friends that are crazy with yaoi lol) im a guy but i don't like watchin yuri animes. im quite sure no guy here in CR enjoys watchin yaoi.

Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08

KuramasLolita wrote:


Yes, I'm an optimist. So what? I live in America. I appreciate what's happening. I want those damned DVDs! I swear, as soon as I get word for when they're coming out, I'm saving up as much money as I can so I can buy them! Better believe I won't be missing out on ANY of those DVDs!


you know...the world doesn't revolve around America >.> not everyone is from United States, where the mangas are licensed.



jprovido wrote:

dunno why girls enjoy watchin yaoi too much (i mean TOO much, i have girl-friends that are crazy with yaoi lol) im a guy but i don't like watchin yuri animes. im quite sure no guy here in CR enjoys watchin yaoi.



*rolls eyes* whatever you say, go watch your hentai and leave us alone. kid.

Member
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / South!
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

jprovido wrote:


KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:

I WAS KINDA HAPPY THAT IT WAS LICENSED. no to gay animes


Do you WANT to be jumped by thousands (Pfftt. Probably millions) of rabid fangirls and boys?


dunno why girls enjoy watchin yaoi too much (i mean TOO much, i have girl-friends that are crazy with yaoi lol) im a guy but i don't like watchin yuri animes. im quite sure no guy here in CR enjoys watchin yaoi.



Ah, but you'd be surprised. Most guys that choose to watch yaoi would watch it more for the plot than the romance (unless he is gay which in that case, it could be for both). As a person entitled to his own opinion, you don't have to watch either. I have a guy friend that doesn't watch either. He has nothing against it, but he won't watch it.

I know I enjoy it because of the way it's forbidden. It's not allowed and yet, some how, they overcome the adversity of what the typical heterosexual society pushes against them. I don't like watching Yuri. But that doesn't mean I won't support it. I mean, c'mon. Girls already go 'ga ga' for ONE male. Add another hot one to the picture. . . and what's not to like?! LMAO! Make them kiss, I say!
Member
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / South!
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

kirika20 wrote:


KuramasLolita wrote:


Yes, I'm an optimist. So what? I live in America. I appreciate what's happening. I want those damned DVDs! I swear, as soon as I get word for when they're coming out, I'm saving up as much money as I can so I can buy them! Better believe I won't be missing out on ANY of those DVDs!


you know...the world doesn't revolve around America >.> not everyone is from United States, where the mangas are licensed.




While that is true, it is possible to order them from the internet. So I don't see the problem. Sometimes, it's cheaper, too. It's not like anime hasn't been subbed in other languages as well as dubbed for that matter.

Despite that, I meant nothing by the comment. I only assumed that since it said it was licensed, it was licensed by the US.
Sailor Candy Moderator
Member
215432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
arg this wont be out for a loooonnnggg time >.<
6026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Manila, PH
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08

KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:


KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:

I WAS KINDA HAPPY THAT IT WAS LICENSED. no to gay animes


Do you WANT to be jumped by thousands (Pfftt. Probably millions) of rabid fangirls and boys?


dunno why girls enjoy watchin yaoi too much (i mean TOO much, i have girl-friends that are crazy with yaoi lol) im a guy but i don't like watchin yuri animes. im quite sure no guy here in CR enjoys watchin yaoi.



Ah, but you'd be surprised. Most guys that choose to watch yaoi would watch it more for the plot than the romance (unless he is gay which in that case, it could be for both). As a person entitled to his own opinion, you don't have to watch either. I have a guy friend that doesn't watch either. He has nothing against it, but he won't watch it.

I know I enjoy it because of the way it's forbidden. It's not allowed and yet, some how, they overcome the adversity of what the typical heterosexual society pushes against them. I don't like watching Yuri. But that doesn't mean I won't support it. I mean, c'mon. Girls already go 'ga ga' for ONE male. Add another hot one to the picture. . . and what's not to like?! LMAO! Make them kiss, I say!


i know that many gay guys watch yaoi but i'd be surprised if any "normal" guy would watch yaoi.
i haven't seen any yaoi's at all so im not one to judge on how good they are.(ive seen the first episode of JR though, im not saying that it was bad but the smexy scenes was WAYYY below the belt for me) im not really a big fan of gay people, i don't necessarily hate them but i don't like them either.

Member
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / South!
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08

jprovido wrote:


KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:


KuramasLolita wrote:


jprovido wrote:

I WAS KINDA HAPPY THAT IT WAS LICENSED. no to gay animes


Do you WANT to be jumped by thousands (Pfftt. Probably millions) of rabid fangirls and boys?


dunno why girls enjoy watchin yaoi too much (i mean TOO much, i have girl-friends that are crazy with yaoi lol) im a guy but i don't like watchin yuri animes. im quite sure no guy here in CR enjoys watchin yaoi.



Ah, but you'd be surprised. Most guys that choose to watch yaoi would watch it more for the plot than the romance (unless he is gay which in that case, it could be for both). As a person entitled to his own opinion, you don't have to watch either. I have a guy friend that doesn't watch either. He has nothing against it, but he won't watch it.

I know I enjoy it because of the way it's forbidden. It's not allowed and yet, some how, they overcome the adversity of what the typical heterosexual society pushes against them. I don't like watching Yuri. But that doesn't mean I won't support it. I mean, c'mon. Girls already go 'ga ga' for ONE male. Add another hot one to the picture. . . and what's not to like?! LMAO! Make them kiss, I say!


i know that many gay guys watch yaoi but i'd be surprised if any "normal" guy would watch yaoi.
i haven't seen any yaoi's at all so im not one to judge on how good they are.(ive seen the first episode of JR though, it was good but the smexy scenes was WAYYY below the belt for me) im not really a big fan of gay people, i don't necessarily hate them but i don't like them either.



Ahaha! Well, it's a matter of opinion and taste. That's all. You could just ignore them. It's clear you enjoyed the plot. But seeings as how it's a romance anime, it's not too uncommon that there were sex scenes. Still, that was nothing compare to other anime. There are several that I've seen which contain more sexual scenes.

And I wouldn't consider a 'straight' guy 'normal'. . . being gay is normal, too. You like what you like. You can't help that. Still, saying that you don't hate them is a good thing. You're more accepting that most guys would be. :/ Others would probably throw crap at them and call them names. I resent those people.

Still, you don't have to be a 'fan' of them to not hate them. You feel how you feel on the matter and it's shows respect. I say, "Let them do what they want. Just don't come after me." :]
860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
this is so annoying! I've been waiting and waiting for over a week...and this happens....
Does anyone know where I can download this frm? like bleachexile or something??

If anyone does could they please please message me and tell me??
I need my junjou!!
Posted 5/12/08

KuramasLolita wrote:

While that is true, it is possible to order them from the internet. So I don't see the problem. Sometimes, it's cheaper, too. It's not like anime hasn't been subbed in other languages as well as dubbed for that matter.

Despite that, I meant nothing by the comment. I only assumed that since it said it was licensed, it was licensed by the US.


he it's so easy to assume things, isn't it? ;p I have yet to see an yaoi anime dubbed in another language like spanish, Hebrew or french and yep! subs are great and all but once an anime or manga is licensed in US, that manga or anime becomes practically nonexistent. And just for the record, I'm from and currently living in US but I have friends from another countries that can't afford to buy all that foreign stuff. *yawns*

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.