First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Greatest Novelist (author) is...
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08
I'm quite surprised that there wasn't any thread that discusses the authors of books (they just discuss the books). So under appreciated. With that said, this definitely is not a duplicate, I checked.

So, obviously, just post whoever it is you think is the greatest novelist, whether they're fiction or non-fiction writers, doesn't matter..Do mention the novel/book that he/she has written that made you completely think he/she is the greatest novelist/author. And of course, why you think he/she is the greatest.

This might as well turn into an Author thread, for the discussion of AUTHORS.
It's different from the BOOK discussion (where they discuss BOOKS and ask for recommendations)(T.T").

I'll start.
Sidney Sheldon has got to be THE greatest novelist that has ever lived. If there really is a god, then he is god. Rest in peace Mr. Sheldon
The first book I read that was authored by him was 'If Tomorrow Comes.' It was perfectly written in my opinion. Awesome, captivating and addicting. After that, I just kept buying and buying his books. And now I have a complete collection of his books, and even his biographies.

His style of writing is so out of this world. I can't really put it into words why he's great. He just is. He wows me. The way he words everything out, the way the plot thickens, the way his characters have imperfections, the way ...aaaahhh! He's just so awesome!


Mario Puzo is great as well, but Sidney Sheldon is just way beyond greatness. *sighs dreamily*

9411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
I really like the classics, and when I say CLASSICS, i mean classics. Currently I am re-reading the Odyssey by Homer and have a collection of greek tragedies waiting for me to pick up.

But as for more contemporary authors, I would have to say that I am a fan of the uber-reclusive Harper Lee ("to Kill a Mockingbird", Joseph Heller ("Catch-22") and John Steinbeck
3768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / land of promise,...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
Dan Brown and JK rowling and also Paulo Coelho.
9665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great North (...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08

I like Agatha Christie she has awesome murder mystery books. Her endings are really the best because they are very unpredictable and their is a lot of suspense. She has like 40 + books! My personal favorites: And then there were none, Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and others I don't remember ATM :).

Edit: Glad you thought of this topic then :P...
289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Somewhere, USA
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
Fyodor Dostoevsky writer of Crime and Punishment...enough said.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

A-swAn wrote:


I like Agatha Christie she has awesome murder mystery books. Her endings are really the best because they are very unpredictable and their is a lot of suspense. She has like 40 + books! My personal favorites: And then there were none, Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and others I don't remember ATM :).

Edit: Glad you thought of this topic then :P...


Oh shoot! Agatha Christie is awesome. My favorite is The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Her mysteries could be very well considered 'scary.' The way she detailed everything, it's like she's done it before... (T.T")

You're welcome by the way. Ha ha.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08
Post here...
The book discussion thread

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-122176/Book-Discussion.html

About the greatest author..I can't say much since I don't read much...
19849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08
George Orwell's "1984" changed my life... no lies... now I look for telescreens everywhere I go.




Srsly though, thats my favorite author and book.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/12/08


It's different. I'm asking 'who you think the greatest author is?'. I'm not asking for a book discussion. The two are obviously different.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

geeene_16 wrote:



It's different. I'm asking 'who you think the greatest author is?'. I'm not asking for a book discussion. The two are obviously different.


I supposed so
9665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great North (...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

geeene_16 wrote:


A-swAn wrote:


I like Agatha Christie she has awesome murder mystery books. Her endings are really the best because they are very unpredictable and their is a lot of suspense. She has like 40 + books! My personal favorites: And then there were none, Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and others I don't remember ATM :).

Edit: Glad you thought of this topic then :P...


Oh shoot! Agatha Christie is awesome. My favorite is The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Her mysteries could be very well considered 'scary.' The way she detailed everything, it's like she's done it before... (T.T")

You're welcome by the way. Ha ha.


LOL I've never heard of it too many! But I'll check it out. So true about her writing though it's like she writes from past experiences... But that's not possible obviously. Rigggghhttt? Also I wanna mention Osamu Tezuka! The god of manga! Never actually read any of his works like Astro Boy. Did you?
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/12/08 , edited 5/12/08

A-swAn wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:


A-swAn wrote:


I like Agatha Christie she has awesome murder mystery books. Her endings are really the best because they are very unpredictable and their is a lot of suspense. She has like 40 + books! My personal favorites: And then there were none, Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and others I don't remember ATM :).

Edit: Glad you thought of this topic then :P...


Oh shoot! Agatha Christie is awesome. My favorite is The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Her mysteries could be very well considered 'scary.' The way she detailed everything, it's like she's done it before... (T.T")

You're welcome by the way. Ha ha.


LOL I've never heard of it too many! But I'll check it out. So true about her writing though it's like she writes from past experiences... But that's not possible obviously. Rigggghhttt? Also I wanna mention Osamu Tezuka! The god of manga! Never actually read any of his works like Astro Boy. Did you?

Well, during her time, women can get away with murder anytime. Who knows... The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is I think the 6th book she published. Yeah, I know of Osamu Tezuka but I never bothered to know more about him much less his creations.. (T.T") Ha ha.
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 5/12/08
R.A. Salvatore
9665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great North (...
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

geeene_16 wrote:


A-swAn wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:


A-swAn wrote:


I like Agatha Christie she has awesome murder mystery books. Her endings are really the best because they are very unpredictable and their is a lot of suspense. She has like 40 + books! My personal favorites: And then there were none, Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and others I don't remember ATM :).

Edit: Glad you thought of this topic then :P...


Oh shoot! Agatha Christie is awesome. My favorite is The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Her mysteries could be very well considered 'scary.' The way she detailed everything, it's like she's done it before... (T.T")

You're welcome by the way. Ha ha.


LOL I've never heard of it too many! But I'll check it out. So true about her writing though it's like she writes from past experiences... But that's not possible obviously. Rigggghhttt? Also I wanna mention Osamu Tezuka! The god of manga! Never actually read any of his works like Astro Boy. Did you?

Well, during her time, women can get away with murder anytime. Who knows... The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is I think the 6th book she published. Yeah, I know of Osamu Tezuka but I never bothered to know more about him much less his creations.. (T.T") Ha ha.


LOL I'm guessing you read the Twilight series..are you going to read The Host by Stephenie again they say it's even better the Twilight..woah right? then it must be good. I can't wait to read it! LOL this is becoming like a gb rather then a forum. Wrong?
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/12/08

fangirl08 wrote:

Fyodor Dostoevsky writer of Crime and Punishment...enough said.


He seems familiar, and I'm not sure if he was the one that wrote Notes from the Underground that I read back then. (T.T")
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.