First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Your training menu
Martial Artist
1413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Around Finland
Offline
Posted 12/29/09 , edited 1/11/10
My training is a combo of research (I have a lifetime project on creating my own art), strenght and hardiness training and a ridiculous-looking habit of doing everything (including basic walking from a to b) in a training way. Meaning, for example, I usually walk "half-jogging" with using mostly my claf muscles. Also, my training program includes fighting my big bro sometimes. ^^

Usually I spend about 2 hours at "muscle machines" every two days and about once a week I go to gym for some punching bag killing. I do about 50 - 100 sit-ups every night to get to sleep a bit more easily. I usually have too much adrenaline to just lay down doing nothing... -_-

When at home, I do shadow boxing every once in a while (might not actually be shadow *boxing*...), making it about an hour a day.
And I harden my fists and other parts of my arms about hour or two a day, usually while watching anime.
Oh, and also when waking up, I usually do the 1 - 13 of these http://bodymindandmodem.com/KiEx/KiEx.html, making it about twenty minutes a morning.

I'd count that to be about 4 hours a day




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Black_Dragon_Martial_Arts
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10 , edited 3/5/10
yeeaahh my trainings always changing
but i wish i could take breaks.. heh my breaks are the mental game days mb two or three

monday. i shadowbox home.. do sprints.. and work my torque.. and at times i reenact getting hit..like wat will i do..
so i do loads of footwork.. this is my warm up.. then when im in the crowd i practice my dodging..
or the shuffle step.. i got alot of parking meters heh urban makiwaras lol so i practice my shift flow
yu kno one two.. kick entrances..escapes..work my throw motions
my counters
go home do my chinese style belt cracking, and basketshaking..so i reanimate a stand up fight
then i do gatame no kata.. a ground kata in judo..in top speed and constance weight on the diaphragm..its unbearable
i mean its like feet pass guard side control, arm triangle.. back to the head face suffocation.. head hold head hold do it to the other side then go clockworks backwards.. we call it around the world..
no bueno but fun! oohh mot fun.. practicing breakfalls..
when it snows ..i go to the ground which is dirt and practice choke crawls and shrimping..then taking a beam or pvc and practice my throws.. then go immediately to submissions and transitions.. and i have a granite rock that i throw.

tuesday: strength training

wednesday: judo .. its a mix of other fighters with my sensei ketsuo watanabe..all hungry
and i work my nage no kata..stand up form

thursday.. hellish workout.. no words it feels like yesterday.. and i almost puked lol

friday: ????? but similiar to monday.. and do solo training and weights yay!

saturday&sunday: technique training.. polymetrics so fun so fun.. those are really my rest days

everyday i do my abs once in a while or two i do 1500 judo pushup.. its unreasonable and 1500 escape moves
because if i dont i feel guilty knowin there's somebody there better than me training extra hard..
sometimes i pass a level which makes me humble.. and makes me hungry..
thats why i look skinny.. cuz i do constant techniques i have compact muscles.. but i love to punch i love to throw.. and tap ppl out but i can be very humble to.. if i tap out or get knocked out.. it always makes me hungry.. not sad much, because thats depressive
i love martial arts.. but i try not to be a killer but if i have to if my life's on the line.. i'll do whatever it takes..and i mean it.. if im training
i dont care about winning or losing..its the learning process.. if i try to win all the time i lose the understanding of the technique.. but i want to win.. im hungry

ohh yeah everyday siu lim tao. chum kui, biu jee 3 times a week dummy forms.. im miss chi sao T-T
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10

tanyanguo wrote:

i dun even have to do those... i only learn

Monday Morning - School
Noon - 5 min Sit up [250 time]
Night - 2 min Ice skating palm [put 2 ice at hand always]

Tuesday - Wednesday Morning - School
Tuesday - Wednesday Noon - Big Fat Punch [Ba Wang Quan]
Tuesday - Wednesday Night - 20 min Qing Gong (Use to jump high without sounds)

Thursday - Rest
Friday - Saturday - 10 Min fight shaolin dragon claw
noon - 10 min fight Big fat leg [Ba wang jiao]
night - sleep

and all the rest = rest and i am very pro and lousy


wats ice-skating palm?
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10

LoreXXShortii wrote:

wow... your schedules are amazing

Mine's simple and slightly rigourous for now.

Monday: 2 hours aikido
Tuesday: 1.5 hours kickboxing
Wednesay: 2 hours strength training at gym; 1 hour tai jutsu
Thursday: 2 hours aikido
Friday-Sunday: rest/gym


wow i like your training 2 hours aikido..do you practice on the ground too?
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10

Rina-San wrote:

Monday - Kendo
Tuesday - Tae Kwondo followed by 1 hour at the gym, maily on cardiovascular exercise machines such as tredmills
Wednesday - Karate 1 hour and later on I will do an advanced work out video
Thursday - Tae Kwondo and Kendo afterwards
Friday - Karate for 2 and a half hours, this includes, half hour cardio warm-up and toning exercises, then 1 and a half hours of practicing moves, and some conditioning to finish off.
Saturday - Cycling for 6 miles
Sunday - evenly-paced jogging for 20 minutes and some Numnchaku training with my father, followed by a collapse onto the sofa for a well earned rest.

Too much? I think not.


how does kendo help? does it give you a sense of warrior mentality?
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10
kyukushin kata drills? wow thas different
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/5/10

Mournclaw wrote:

My training is a combo of research (I have a lifetime project on creating my own art), strenght and hardiness training and a ridiculous-looking habit of doing everything (including basic walking from a to b) in a training way. Meaning, for example, I usually walk "half-jogging" with using mostly my claf muscles. Also, my training program includes fighting my big bro sometimes. ^^

Usually I spend about 2 hours at "muscle machines" every two days and about once a week I go to gym for some punching bag killing. I do about 50 - 100 sit-ups every night to get to sleep a bit more easily. I usually have too much adrenaline to just lay down doing nothing... -_-

When at home, I do shadow boxing every once in a while (might not actually be shadow *boxing*...), making it about an hour a day.
And I harden my fists and other parts of my arms about hour or two a day, usually while watching anime.
Oh, and also when waking up, I usually do the 1 - 13 of these http://bodymindandmodem.com/KiEx/KiEx.html, making it about twenty minutes a morning.

I'd count that to be about 4 hours a day


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Black_Dragon_Martial_Arts



you're training regimen works, dude.. i tried that stuff out..especially the ground
lol now i do that and ticktocks thas like doing planks in circles and crossing arms and legs..
have thought of any new stuff yet? im dying to try them out


Martial Artist
1413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Around Finland
Offline
Posted 3/5/10

most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Mournclaw wrote:

My training is a combo of research (I have a lifetime project on creating my own art), strenght and hardiness training and a ridiculous-looking habit of doing everything (including basic walking from a to b) in a training way. Meaning, for example, I usually walk "half-jogging" with using mostly my claf muscles. Also, my training program includes fighting my big bro sometimes. ^^

Usually I spend about 2 hours at "muscle machines" every two days and about once a week I go to gym for some punching bag killing. I do about 50 - 100 sit-ups every night to get to sleep a bit more easily. I usually have too much adrenaline to just lay down doing nothing... -_-

When at home, I do shadow boxing every once in a while (might not actually be shadow *boxing*...), making it about an hour a day.
And I harden my fists and other parts of my arms about hour or two a day, usually while watching anime.
Oh, and also when waking up, I usually do the 1 - 13 of these http://bodymindandmodem.com/KiEx/KiEx.html, making it about twenty minutes a morning.

I'd count that to be about 4 hours a day


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Black_Dragon_Martial_Arts



you're training regimen works, dude.. i tried that stuff out..especially the ground
lol now i do that and ticktocks thas like doing planks in circles and crossing arms and legs..
have thought of any new stuff yet? im dying to try them out




Yeah, It's changed a bit after I last wrote here ^^ so here's a few chances:

First and foremost, I've started running stairs up with weights in backpack. It's great if you don't like to run normally, you're gaining as much constitution with this as with normal running. You also train your leg muscles quite effectively. The thingie here is that it really feels like real training (not to belittle the runners out there) coz you actually feel your legs wearing down. To me, the ratio of leg muscling and constitution training is perfect with around 10 kilos in my back. And, well, I weight just a bit over 100 kg myself.

This, however, consumes a lot more energy than any of those "muscle machines" I mentioned before, and I've quite efficiently "forgotten" to go training with them.


Then again, have you heard of those pole-whateverley-thingies they use to train balance? Heard you can use almost any kind of cylinder-like thing to test it out... Well, that didn't work very well for me, being a big guy, so I tried this: a home-made punching bag. I rolled a mattress real tight into a bag (well duh, that was training in itself =D) and that was it. I laid it on ground and vóila! There's enough pole-whateverley-thingie for me. =P So, you just stand on it, if it's rolled tight enough, first you'll have difficulty even standing on it, let alone practising kicks or even other strikes while on it.
That at least is something to try out, my balance has increased almost exponentially during these two weeks I've done that. Oh, and I also use push-up -penalty for touching the floor xD
Posted 3/5/10

most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

Monday - Kendo
Tuesday - Tae Kwondo followed by 1 hour at the gym, maily on cardiovascular exercise machines such as tredmills
Wednesday - Karate 1 hour and later on I will do an advanced work out video
Thursday - Tae Kwondo and Kendo afterwards
Friday - Karate for 2 and a half hours, this includes, half hour cardio warm-up and toning exercises, then 1 and a half hours of practicing moves, and some conditioning to finish off.
Saturday - Cycling for 6 miles
Sunday - evenly-paced jogging for 20 minutes and some Numnchaku training with my father, followed by a collapse onto the sofa for a well earned rest.

Too much? I think not.


how does kendo help? does it give you a sense of warrior mentality?


No its just a LOT of fun and its nice to learn something that has developed from something thats been around for thousands of years.
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

Mournclaw wrote:


most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Mournclaw wrote:

My training is a combo of research (I have a lifetime project on creating my own art), strenght and hardiness training and a ridiculous-looking habit of doing everything (including basic walking from a to b) in a training way. Meaning, for example, I usually walk "half-jogging" with using mostly my claf muscles. Also, my training program includes fighting my big bro sometimes. ^^

Usually I spend about 2 hours at "muscle machines" every two days and about once a week I go to gym for some punching bag killing. I do about 50 - 100 sit-ups every night to get to sleep a bit more easily. I usually have too much adrenaline to just lay down doing nothing... -_-

When at home, I do shadow boxing every once in a while (might not actually be shadow *boxing*...), making it about an hour a day.
And I harden my fists and other parts of my arms about hour or two a day, usually while watching anime.
Oh, and also when waking up, I usually do the 1 - 13 of these http://bodymindandmodem.com/KiEx/KiEx.html, making it about twenty minutes a morning.

I'd count that to be about 4 hours a day


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Black_Dragon_Martial_Arts



you're training regimen works, dude.. i tried that stuff out..especially the ground
lol now i do that and ticktocks thas like doing planks in circles and crossing arms and legs..
have thought of any new stuff yet? im dying to try them out




Yeah, It's changed a bit after I last wrote here ^^ so here's a few chances:

First and foremost, I've started running stairs up with weights in backpack. It's great if you don't like to run normally, you're gaining as much constitution with this as with normal running. You also train your leg muscles quite effectively. The thingie here is that it really feels like real training (not to belittle the runners out there) coz you actually feel your legs wearing down. To me, the ratio of leg muscling and constitution training is perfect with around 10 kilos in my back. And, well, I weight just a bit over 100 kg myself.

This, however, consumes a lot more energy than any of those "muscle machines" I mentioned before, and I've quite efficiently "forgotten" to go training with them.


Then again, have you heard of those pole-whateverley-thingies they use to train balance? Heard you can use almost any kind of cylinder-like thing to test it out... Well, that didn't work very well for me, being a big guy, so I tried this: a home-made punching bag. I rolled a mattress real tight into a bag (well duh, that was training in itself =D) and that was it. I laid it on ground and vóila! There's enough pole-whateverley-thingie for me. =P So, you just stand on it, if it's rolled tight enough, first you'll have difficulty even standing on it, let alone practising kicks or even other strikes while on it.
That at least is something to try out, my balance has increased almost exponentially during these two weeks I've done that. Oh, and I also use push-up -penalty for touching the floor xD


wow you rolled a mattress into a bag! thats beast on its own training !
wats pushup penalty?
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

Rina-San wrote:


most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

Monday - Kendo
Tuesday - Tae Kwondo followed by 1 hour at the gym, maily on cardiovascular exercise machines such as tredmills
Wednesday - Karate 1 hour and later on I will do an advanced work out video
Thursday - Tae Kwondo and Kendo afterwards
Friday - Karate for 2 and a half hours, this includes, half hour cardio warm-up and toning exercises, then 1 and a half hours of practicing moves, and some conditioning to finish off.
Saturday - Cycling for 6 miles
Sunday - evenly-paced jogging for 20 minutes and some Numnchaku training with my father, followed by a collapse onto the sofa for a well earned rest.

Too much? I think not.


how does kendo help? does it give you a sense of warrior mentality?


No its just a LOT of fun and its nice to learn something that has developed from something thats been around for thousands of years.


do you go all out with ppl.. and have yu fought with other kinds of weapons?
i saw this guy and chinatown and he had a sickle it was foamed-out but still attacked concisively..just depended on the wielder though
Martial Artist
1413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Around Finland
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:



wow you rolled a mattress into a bag! thats beast on its own training !
wats pushup penalty?


"Penalties", I got the idea from Naruto and it seems to quite work ^^ "My own rule", so, basically you train under the threat of harsher training if you fail at something other. In this case, I decided to put a penalty of 10 push-ups for every time I touch the floor while on that bag-thing. Keeps you motivated, you know... (especially knowing that my absolute limit is somewhere around 40 push-ups) xD
Moderator
10212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / step into my world
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

Mournclaw wrote:


most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:



wow you rolled a mattress into a bag! thats beast on its own training !
wats pushup penalty?


"Penalties", I got the idea from Naruto and it seems to quite work ^^ "My own rule", so, basically you train under the threat of harsher training if you fail at something other. In this case, I decided to put a penalty of 10 push-ups for every time I touch the floor while on that bag-thing. Keeps you motivated, you know... (especially knowing that my absolute limit is somewhere around 40 push-ups) xD


naruto, rock lee, and guy sensei use this..oohh good idea! have you ever gone nuts with that idea like them?
Posted 3/6/10

most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Rina-San wrote:


most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

Monday - Kendo
Tuesday - Tae Kwondo followed by 1 hour at the gym, maily on cardiovascular exercise machines such as tredmills
Wednesday - Karate 1 hour and later on I will do an advanced work out video
Thursday - Tae Kwondo and Kendo afterwards
Friday - Karate for 2 and a half hours, this includes, half hour cardio warm-up and toning exercises, then 1 and a half hours of practicing moves, and some conditioning to finish off.
Saturday - Cycling for 6 miles
Sunday - evenly-paced jogging for 20 minutes and some Numnchaku training with my father, followed by a collapse onto the sofa for a well earned rest.

Too much? I think not.


how does kendo help? does it give you a sense of warrior mentality?


No its just a LOT of fun and its nice to learn something that has developed from something thats been around for thousands of years.


do you go all out with ppl.. and have yu fought with other kinds of weapons?
i saw this guy and chinatown and he had a sickle it was foamed-out but still attacked concisively..just depended on the wielder though



Yes but in Kendo your armour is very thick, we do go all out on eachother, if we weren't wearing armour we'd really do a number on eachother. We get to train with authentic swords at a higher level. No we don't use other weapons.
Martial Artist
1413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Around Finland
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:


Mournclaw wrote:


most_unpredictable_ninja wrote:



wow you rolled a mattress into a bag! thats beast on its own training !
wats pushup penalty?


"Penalties", I got the idea from Naruto and it seems to quite work ^^ "My own rule", so, basically you train under the threat of harsher training if you fail at something other. In this case, I decided to put a penalty of 10 push-ups for every time I touch the floor while on that bag-thing. Keeps you motivated, you know... (especially knowing that my absolute limit is somewhere around 40 push-ups) xD


naruto, rock lee, and guy sensei use this..oohh good idea! have you ever gone nuts with that idea like them?


If I'd go nuts like them, I still wouldn't be writing here =D I don't have superpowers, you know... =P
Not really too good idea to go nuts like that... =) As with that push-up -penalty, I stop at 40 to do them out... Well, you just seem to get kind of mystical extra energy from some unknown source when you know that you simply, absolutely *must* get something done...

Nah, I never really go too nuts... not thousands of some move like them xD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.