Post Reply MTNN's manga and anime
Member
775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/08
I hate how a lot of the time, when a good manga finally gets a good anime,it's super-short. Plus, they take out a lot of the original story. I personally think the anime has GREAT art (but the eyelashes scare me a bit), but the manga has a much longer story and a longer and more satisfying mysteries. Though, despite the great art, and despite the fact that I'm not done with the anime yet, I have to say that the manga is better.

I just want to know what others feel about this topic, and if you havent read the manga, check it out sometime
Creator
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
Personally I think the anime should be watched first since it's a short series. Of course, you can't expect it to go into as much detail as the manga. The anime is an entirely different form of entertainment so I think it should be treated differently than the manga. I understand that the characters and the plot was not as well developed as the manga but I thought that they did a pretty good job in wrapping things up. It had it's own unique ( though short) story line. Honestly, if the anime just followed the manga every step of the way I think I would have been very bored. Just look at what happened to Naruto <_<; . The storyline HAS to follow that of the mangas..... so if the author doesn't spit out content fast enough they go into a year's worth of fillers... after that... the new season is full of long drag-on moment that are completely pointless ..... plus it's badly animated. The MTNN anime was good, short, and to the point for the most part.

I don't mind if the animators decide to do MTNN in short seasons. It will probably turn out better that way. Can you imagine the animators creating fillers for MTNN like they did for Bleach and Naruto? I thnk I would suffer seizures from how bad the mysteries would be. It's fine to have a monster a week thing for a short while but ... you know.... it cold only hold your interest for so long.

I treat the anime and the manga differently. I like both of them at the same level. They are just too different to be compared on the same level. (besides it's really hard to animate most of the wierd things that the mangaka draws anyways so I appreciate the animators' effort)
Member
775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
That's true! I like them both a lot-- and the anime's just so colorful and so worth it. Well, it's good they keep in the key things, but I just don't feel like the anime's as funny as the manga. Of course I can understand that they want to squeeze a mystery in every episode, and it makes me linterested in seeing how Godai would act now, becuase he's in pretty much all the mysteries!
11296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 7/10/08
well i didnt know this was a manga but i like the anime a lot since im a mystery fan! know where i can read the manga on the net?
ANd LOL to the eyelash comment ^o^!!!
Creator
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/11/08
Read Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro on onemanga.com or go to its community on livejournal for the latest updates.
Member
560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / no where land
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
Tha manga is the best!!^^

But the anime also is cool...
Posted 8/9/08
Honestly, I didn't think much of MTNN after watching the anime. Thank god I read the manga or I wouldn't have realized how good this is. I love it now. So, yea, the manga is definitely better than the anime. Waiting for new chapters is torture.
Member
5211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / You'll never guess!
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
Hmm... obviously the manga's longer, which is a plus, but the anime certainly isn't bad. They both have their own distinct differences but maintain a similar theme and feel, which is pretty good. I started MTNN with the anime too, so that's also a plus. I'd say that the manga is "better" overall, but not by so much. I mean, the anime had to end before they came up with a real ending to the manga, so that makes a problem, but I believe that for what it had the anime did astoundingly well. Out of one score of 100, I'd give the manga 60% and the anime the other 40%
You must be logged in to post.