First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
R rated Movies are Removed from CR!!
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/19/08 , edited 5/19/08
HokiePokie, thanks for clearing that up. Your avatar is quite interesting, by the way.
3785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Spencer,Iowa 51301
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
Hmm... Well hopefully they wont remove anime with lots of nudity or blood lol otherwise that would sadden me more.
11519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nueva York
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
i never even knew there was R rated stuff on CR
its seems too friendly of a site to have that..
2710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada, BC
Offline
Posted 5/19/08 , edited 5/19/08

moon_moon wrote:


D-bob wrote:

It's annoying to seen grown adults complaining that they can't watch videos because it's inappropriate for the kids here. It's not like CR is the only place to obtain content, and there are a lot of sites that hold mature videos. I just have one thing to say... and that's to grow up and be more responsible. Even if they kids do have parents, the internet is still shared.

And about the sex part... Who honestly wants their child having underage sex? Yeah, thought I would point that out. It's not normal, but there are stories of people becoming sex whores and getting involved with drugs and violence simply because they got curios from a little porn or mature content. You don't need much to start with. Why blame the parents for being worried about their own children?



The problem with that statement right there is that there really aren't. Youtube doesn't have whole movies (or at least a lot of Asian ones), and Veoh has a craptaculous selection. VNL is dead (RIP to grapeman and his wonderful brainchild). Limewire is limited at best and at its worst plain out barren. As for being responsible, that should be spread around to everyone. The internet is shared. I'm not condoning easily accessible smut (I didn't think or know there was any of that on Crunchyroll) but I don't want to have my movie choices restricted without a better reason. If you know you shouldn't be watching something yet watch it anyway it's no one's fault (except your own) and no one's problem (except your parents). Hell, kids sneak into R-rated movies all the time in real life, I don't see why it's any different on the internet (especially with all the added anonymity). Q.E.D.

I don't know why the R-rated material was removed and I won't speculate further, and until I figure out how I'm affected by it I don't really care (not deep down). I just would like to know that if in the future I want to watch a movie that just so happens to be rated-R (but lacks gratuitous butt secks and head bashing) I'll be able to.



Oh... I guess if the problem is that the person looking for the videos isn't smart enough to search google for them, than there definitely is a problem. Common sites such as veoh, youtube, etc, are certainly not going to have what you're looking for. There is never some golden ticket site that has everything you could possible dream of. At least not for a price.

Limewire is basically a crap bittorrent client. Use google as your search engine, and get a better client. Problem solved?

I agree with everything else, however kids can't always be held responsible for their own actions. They are kids, after all, and some can hardly think for themselves. Do you honestly trust kids that much? It's a good thing that there are people on CR that restrict these kids from getting into trouble. Of course some are just looking for it, such as sneaking into a theatre to watch an R rated movie, but if there was nothing preventing them from watching the movie in the first place... Then what? If we allowed kids to simply go and watch inappropriate content on the internet or in theatres at their own discretion, where would you stop?
(Edit: It should be obvious that parents can't control every aspect of their child's life, they are only there to help guide them in the right direction)
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/19/08

D-bob wrote:

It's annoying to seen grown adults complaining that they can't watch videos because it's inappropriate for the kids here. It's not like CR is the only place to obtain content, and there are a lot of sites that hold mature videos. I just have one thing to say... and that's to grow up and be more responsible. Even if they kids do have parents, the internet is still shared.

And about the sex part... Who honestly wants their child having underage sex? Yeah, thought I would point that out. It's not normal, but there are stories of people becoming sex whores and getting involved with drugs and violence simply because they got curios from a little porn or mature content. You don't need much to start with. Why blame the parents for being worried about their own children?


It's annoying to read idiotic post like yours in here. You are already participating in something illegal by loitering in crunchyroll and watch all those movies and animes for free! Hence, cut your crappy moral high ground views in here. No intellectually mature person is going to buy your crappy warped view. Capisce??

And about those banned movies, they are not porn flicks, mind you. These movies only contain some sexually explicit scenes. To say that those "underaged" kiddies who loiter in crunchyroll are going to be influenced negatively after watching those R-rated movies in here, and then engage in sex is as good as saying those kiddies out there who read or watch Harry Potter movies are going to engage in black magic! Get the logic?? <_<;

You are right about one thing though. Porn and Sexual contents are easily available in the internet, so what's the point in banning those R-rated art house movies (which are not porn) in here, when everything shown in crunchyroll are illegal in the first place. Measures can be taken in here to limit those R-rated movies to only the "adult" viewers (to please those "morally high ground" people who are no better themselves by been thieves in here). Those banned (art house) movies have been in crunchyroll for a very long time now. It's just a waste to see them gone just like that.

Webmaster of crunchyroll, if you read this, pls do reconsider your action and save those movies from disappearing unnecessary in crunchyroll.
10730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Not in your closet
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
<_<; nothing i can do... nothing anybody can do..so why dont we just watch anything else.. lots of videos here you know..
Posted 5/19/08
Damn you immature children with overprotective parents. No just kidding, well good thing I watched some before.
hehe I remember watching "Sweet Sex & Love" or something like that. I was like interesting.
Posted 5/19/08
lolz~ that sucks.... but I barely watch movies here so.... yea...
2710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada, BC
Offline
Posted 5/19/08

Candide wrote:


D-bob wrote:

It's annoying to seen grown adults complaining that they can't watch videos because it's inappropriate for the kids here. It's not like CR is the only place to obtain content, and there are a lot of sites that hold mature videos. I just have one thing to say... and that's to grow up and be more responsible. Even if they kids do have parents, the internet is still shared.

And about the sex part... Who honestly wants their child having underage sex? Yeah, thought I would point that out. It's not normal, but there are stories of people becoming sex whores and getting involved with drugs and violence simply because they got curios from a little porn or mature content. You don't need much to start with. Why blame the parents for being worried about their own children?


It's annoying to read idiotic post like yours in here. You are already participating in something illegal by loitering in crunchyroll and watch all those movies and animes for free! Hence, cut your crappy moral high ground views in here. No intellectually mature person is going to buy your crappy warped view. Capisce??

And about those banned movies, they are not porn flicks, mind you. These movies only contain some sexually explicit scenes. To say that those "underaged" kiddies who loiter in crunchyroll are going to be influenced negatively after watching those R-rated movies in here, and then engage in sex is as good as saying those kiddies out there who read or watch Harry Potter movies are going to engage in black magic! Get the logic?? <_<;

You are right about one thing though. Porn and Sexual contents are easily available in the internet, so what's the point in banning those R-rated art house movies (which are not porn) in here, when everything shown in crunchyroll are illegal in the first place. Measures can be taken in here to limit those R-rated movies to only the "adult" viewers (to please those "morally high ground" people who are no better themselves by been thieves in here). Those banned (art house) movies have been in crunchyroll for a very long time now. It's just a waste to see them gone just like that.

Webmaster of crunchyroll, if you read this, pls do reconsider your action and save those movies from disappearing unnecessary in crunchyroll.


Do you honestly think I believe that? You were so easily fooled because I'm just putting on an appearance as a respectable person? You think my post is stupid? I try to control myself in public, but you're right, I'm not such a great person -- I just try to lead other people in a better direction because of what I couldn't do myself.

Another thing - you just assumed that I watch movies and anime for free. However, I can easily deny that and there would be no proof against me. I actually don't participate in as many illegal activities on CR as you think, I take my crap outside and do it somewhere else. Even I agree a peaceful place with a nice community and restrictions is a cool place to be.

When you talk about people watching illegal content on CR, you make it sound like that's the limit, and nothing can be worse. It's no more or less different from downloading simple mp3's off of limewire. I don't even think I know a single person at my school who has not illegally downloaded music. My point being that just because there is exposure to one bad or illegal thing does not make it alright for there to be more.

Also, I don't know where you live, but in certain countries rules are different. Not necessarily all the content is illegal on CR, but that is beyond the point.

From your post, I get the notion that you want to transform CR into a site with dirty content, do you not? Have you thought about what you were talking before you posted? I think it would be a wise idea to take a look at the effects that would toll on CR if all the mature content was suddenly allowed. Why do you think the site is kept PG-13 in the first place? It's certainly not perfect, but it's not just to protect little kiddies. It's to keep a clean community.

I think we are still on topic here, but this discussion seems to be getting rather heated(imo), so it may be a good idea to just carry this conv into a PM. It seems to me one of those things where each person must get the last word, or you could prove me wrong by not responding at all =P
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
as far as i can see the only movies removed were those few stupid sex movies. i never thought they belonged on this site anyway so i'm not sad to see them go. its really funny thou, to see how pissed some people are that they're gone.
1951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / www.charsuibao.bl...
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( see this is why i am going to delete my crunchyroll account
3707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
Doesn't really matter.
If you do watch those movies, then Crunchyroll isn't the place for you to be in the first place
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/19/08

D-bob wrote:

From your post, I get the notion that you want to transform CR into a site with dirty content, do you not? Have you thought about what you were talking before you posted? I think it would be a wise idea to take a look at the effects that would toll on CR if all the mature content was suddenly allowed. Why do you think the site is kept PG-13 in the first place? It's certainly not perfect, but it's not just to protect little kiddies. It's to keep a clean community.

I think we are still on topic here, but this discussion seems to be getting rather heated(imo), so it may be a good idea to just carry this conv into a PM. It seems to me one of those things where each person must get the last word, or you could prove me wrong by not responding at all =P


WTF.... since when did R-rated movies become "dirty" movies?? Which planet are you from, muppet D-bob?

These R-rated movies have been around in crunchyroll for a long time, and I reiterate this: They are not porn!

And yes, like it or not, you know you are a hypocrite. <_<;
Posted 5/19/08

D-bob wrote:


Candide wrote:


D-bob wrote:

It's annoying to seen grown adults complaining that they can't watch videos because it's inappropriate for the kids here. It's not like CR is the only place to obtain content, and there are a lot of sites that hold mature videos. I just have one thing to say... and that's to grow up and be more responsible. Even if they kids do have parents, the internet is still shared.

And about the sex part... Who honestly wants their child having underage sex? Yeah, thought I would point that out. It's not normal, but there are stories of people becoming sex whores and getting involved with drugs and violence simply because they got curios from a little porn or mature content. You don't need much to start with. Why blame the parents for being worried about their own children?


It's annoying to read idiotic post like yours in here. You are already participating in something illegal by loitering in crunchyroll and watch all those movies and animes for free! Hence, cut your crappy moral high ground views in here. No intellectually mature person is going to buy your crappy warped view. Capisce??

And about those banned movies, they are not porn flicks, mind you. These movies only contain some sexually explicit scenes. To say that those "underaged" kiddies who loiter in crunchyroll are going to be influenced negatively after watching those R-rated movies in here, and then engage in sex is as good as saying those kiddies out there who read or watch Harry Potter movies are going to engage in black magic! Get the logic?? <_<;

You are right about one thing though. Porn and Sexual contents are easily available in the internet, so what's the point in banning those R-rated art house movies (which are not porn) in here, when everything shown in crunchyroll are illegal in the first place. Measures can be taken in here to limit those R-rated movies to only the "adult" viewers (to please those "morally high ground" people who are no better themselves by been thieves in here). Those banned (art house) movies have been in crunchyroll for a very long time now. It's just a waste to see them gone just like that.

Webmaster of crunchyroll, if you read this, pls do reconsider your action and save those movies from disappearing unnecessary in crunchyroll.


Do you honestly think I believe that? You were so easily fooled because I'm just putting on an appearance as a respectable person? You think my post is stupid? I try to control myself in public, but you're right, I'm not such a great person -- I just try to lead other people in a better direction because of what I couldn't do myself.

Another thing - you just assumed that I watch movies and anime for free. However, I can easily deny that and there would be no proof against me. I actually don't participate in as many illegal activities on CR as you think, I take my crap outside and do it somewhere else. Even I agree a peaceful place with a nice community and restrictions is a cool place to be.

When you talk about people watching illegal content on CR, you make it sound like that's the limit, and nothing can be worse. It's no more or less different from downloading simple mp3's off of limewire. I don't even think I know a single person at my school who has not illegally downloaded music. My point being that just because there is exposure to one bad or illegal thing does not make it alright for there to be more.

Also, I don't know where you live, but in certain countries rules are different. Not necessarily all the content is illegal on CR, but that is beyond the point.

From your post, I get the notion that you want to transform CR into a site with dirty content, do you not? Have you thought about what you were talking before you posted? I think it would be a wise idea to take a look at the effects that would toll on CR if all the mature content was suddenly allowed. Why do you think the site is kept PG-13 in the first place? It's certainly not perfect, but it's not just to protect little kiddies. It's to keep a clean community.

I think we are still on topic here, but this discussion seems to be getting rather heated(imo), so it may be a good idea to just carry this conv into a PM. It seems to me one of those things where each person must get the last word, or you could prove me wrong by not responding at all =P


Sorry to interrupt "D-bob", but they're just movies. They aren't porn or anything like that; too bad you're not studying media arts to not know enough of it. Anyway, CR shouldn't take responsibility for the youngsters' actions due to the fact that they can get real, hardcore porn that's all for free right here on the web. Plus, who the f/ck jacks off to those kind of movies anyway?
7803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
They should at least inform people, especially uploaders what they are about to remove and why. I have uploaded some R-rated movies. Cheesy, gory stuff, no nudity. When I asked mod about it, he/she said that it is OK to upload these kind of movies. They just put that "Not For Children!" (or squeamish) tag up there. Porn and Hentai stuff is of course prohibited.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.