First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Bruce Lee V.S Jackie Chan
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/17/08 , edited 5/19/08

BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


rexxar wrote:

Bruce Lee, he know real kung fu.


..What is "Real Kung Fu"? Jackie Chan has like, blackbelts in several martial arts. And he's an acrobat. How does Jackie Chan not know kung fu. e.e And what relevance does it have to whom is better?


Its impossible to have blackbelts in several martial arts. You can't master one if you practice many of them. It's impossible.


o_o Don't go comparing your limitedness to other people. There are SEVERAL masters in SEVERAL martial arts. Jet Li For Instance - Muay Thai, Kung fu, Kickboxing, Wushu, Shaolin. AND THE LIST GOES ON.

Urban Ninja guy - Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Kung fu -I forget the rest.

Jackie Chan studied Hapkido, Wushu, Kung fu, Monkey Kung fu, Drunken Boxing Kung fu, and probably a lot more.

Bruce Lee learned Taichi, wing chun, animal styles, Hung Gar style, trained with weapons from Fumio Demura, the head of the Shito Ryu martial arts style, and other Gung Fu, then he mixed this with western boxing and fencing and made Jeet Kune Do.

So, These are just FAMOUS people. There are hundreds of other BETTER martial artists. Don't go making false statements. You can find people who train in several martial arts at the same time HERE on CR.


Here on CR hmm? You can also find people who lie about who they are on the Internet though that has nothing to do with each other of course.


Don't change the subject. Admit your ignorance.


I am not changing the subject at all. You mentioned other people on CR, correct? As did I. Admit your argument failed.

So I think people are missing the point to this. Let me make it a bit more clear.
1. The arena is a standard fighting ring as if used in tournaments. Neither have some kind of field advantage in that sense. Perfectly leveled, nowhere to hide, etc, etc.

2. This is a time period as to where they are still alive. Don't be stupid and say "Jackie would win because Bruce is dead". Yeah, no kidding Bruce is dead, this is a debate as to who is a better martial artist.

3. As said in #2, its a martial art fight. Never mind doing stunts or this and that. Its a practical one on one fist fight. No weapons of any sort unless you count any body part a weapon.

Anything I miss?
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
Bruce Lee forever! XD He was very good at martial arts.
Posted 5/17/08

Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


rexxar wrote:

Bruce Lee, he know real kung fu.


..What is "Real Kung Fu"? Jackie Chan has like, blackbelts in several martial arts. And he's an acrobat. How does Jackie Chan not know kung fu. e.e And what relevance does it have to whom is better?


Its impossible to have blackbelts in several martial arts. You can't master one if you practice many of them. It's impossible.


o_o Don't go comparing your limitedness to other people. There are SEVERAL masters in SEVERAL martial arts. Jet Li For Instance - Muay Thai, Kung fu, Kickboxing, Wushu, Shaolin. AND THE LIST GOES ON.

Urban Ninja guy - Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Kung fu -I forget the rest.

Jackie Chan studied Hapkido, Wushu, Kung fu, Monkey Kung fu, Drunken Boxing Kung fu, and probably a lot more.

Bruce Lee learned Taichi, wing chun, animal styles, Hung Gar style, trained with weapons from Fumio Demura, the head of the Shito Ryu martial arts style, and other Gung Fu, then he mixed this with western boxing and fencing and made Jeet Kune Do.

So, These are just FAMOUS people. There are hundreds of other BETTER martial artists. Don't go making false statements. You can find people who train in several martial arts at the same time HERE on CR.


Here on CR hmm? You can also find people who lie about who they are on the Internet though that has nothing to do with each other of course.


Don't change the subject. Admit your ignorance.


I am not changing the subject at all. You mentioned other people on CR, correct? As did I. Admit your argument failed.


Want me to FIND people on CR who train in other martial arts? Do YOU Do any martial arts? The main subject was whether or not people could master more than one. But I guess you're brain has too much of a limited capacity to comprehend such things. D= I pity you sir.

So go play your Nintendo Wii and get fat on the couch while you waste your pathetic life away. And don't go making statements on actual topics which require some thought. Go pretend your some robot pilot or something.



I'll spare you enough humiliation by ignoring the rest of your posts. Good Bye.
38090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / My Car
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
No offense, but Jackie Chan uses it for more movie like purposes, and Bruce Lee is more technical. As much as I like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee will really yeah.
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/17/08 , edited 5/17/08

BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


BladeJustice wrote:


rexxar wrote:

Bruce Lee, he know real kung fu.


..What is "Real Kung Fu"? Jackie Chan has like, blackbelts in several martial arts. And he's an acrobat. How does Jackie Chan not know kung fu. e.e And what relevance does it have to whom is better?


Its impossible to have blackbelts in several martial arts. You can't master one if you practice many of them. It's impossible.


o_o Don't go comparing your limitedness to other people. There are SEVERAL masters in SEVERAL martial arts. Jet Li For Instance - Muay Thai, Kung fu, Kickboxing, Wushu, Shaolin. AND THE LIST GOES ON.

Urban Ninja guy - Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Kung fu -I forget the rest.

Jackie Chan studied Hapkido, Wushu, Kung fu, Monkey Kung fu, Drunken Boxing Kung fu, and probably a lot more.

Bruce Lee learned Taichi, wing chun, animal styles, Hung Gar style, trained with weapons from Fumio Demura, the head of the Shito Ryu martial arts style, and other Gung Fu, then he mixed this with western boxing and fencing and made Jeet Kune Do.

So, These are just FAMOUS people. There are hundreds of other BETTER martial artists. Don't go making false statements. You can find people who train in several martial arts at the same time HERE on CR.


Here on CR hmm? You can also find people who lie about who they are on the Internet though that has nothing to do with each other of course.


Don't change the subject. Admit your ignorance.


I am not changing the subject at all. You mentioned other people on CR, correct? As did I. Admit your argument failed.


Want me to FIND people on CR who train in other martial arts? Do YOU Do any martial arts? The main subject was whether or not people could master more than one. But I guess you're brain has too much of a limited capacity to comprehend such things. D= I pity you sir.

So go play your Nintendo Wii and get fat on the couch while you waste your pathetic life away. And don't go making statements on actual topics which require some thought. Go pretend your some robot pilot or something.





I'll spare you enough humiliation by ignoring the rest of your posts. Good Bye.


I actually do Muai Thai, though you wouldn't know that, and would go right ahead and assume that I am fat. Actually, the MAIN subject was who is a better martial artist. You come in here and talk about something off topic right off the bat. You can go ahead and find people on CR who do martial arts sure, and I am sure you will find plenty. However, how much of them are legit masters in many different martial arts? The difference between knowing many and making up your own (much like Bruce Lee did) is when you make your own, you take elements from different martial arts, but you can not say you know every thing there is to know about said art like a text book.

You have stopped debating and entered bottom line trolling as a last resort. If you can not debate in a civil manner, then don't do it at all. Please stop wasting space upon my thread and if you just NEED to fight with me, do it over PM.
7780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
Aww I don't know, But of them are pretty cool. Although I'll probably say Jackie Chan, since I've seen tons of his movies, both intentionally and unintentionally.
Posted 5/17/08 , edited 5/17/08


I actually do Muai Thai, though you wouldn't know that, and would go right ahead and assume that I am fat. Actually, the MAIN subject was who is a better martial artist. You come in here and talk about something off topic right off the bat. You can go ahead and find people on CR who do martial arts sure, and I am sure you will find plenty. However, how much of them are legit masters in many different martial arts? The difference between knowing many and making up your own (much like Bruce Lee did) is when you make your own, you take elements from different martial arts, but you can not say you know every thing there is to know about said art like a text book.

You have stopped debating and entered bottom line trolling as a last resort. If you can not debate in a civil manner, then don't do it at all. Please stop wasting space upon my thread and if you just NEED to fight with me, do it over PM.


Well, I would assume now that, You're fat, Muai Thai is a restaurant and, Muay Thai is a martial art.

"Its impossible to have blackbelts in several martial arts. You can't master one if you practice many of them. It's impossible." - Your first statement.

It is possible to have blackbelts in several martial arts, you can attain the rank of Master if you practice. Mastering Martial Arts = Mastering the technique, mastering the mindset behind the style, mastering and creating new things based upon your knowledge of it and your own personal experience.

Anyone, CAN master a martial art, and anyone CAN master more than one of them.

Bruce Lee mastered several martial arts and types of weapons, and out of that he created a personal martial art. Just because he created a new one doesn't mean he lost his mastery of the old one.

I am debating in a civil matter, providing evidence to prove my statements, unlike your "I do Maui Thai, so I'm not fat." http://www.mauithai.com/ I could go to Maui and eat Thai food there if I wanted to just like you.
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

BladeJustice wrote:



I actually do Muai Thai, though you wouldn't know that, and would go right ahead and assume that I am fat. Actually, the MAIN subject was who is a better martial artist. You come in here and talk about something off topic right off the bat. You can go ahead and find people on CR who do martial arts sure, and I am sure you will find plenty. However, how much of them are legit masters in many different martial arts? The difference between knowing many and making up your own (much like Bruce Lee did) is when you make your own, you take elements from different martial arts, but you can not say you know every thing there is to know about said art like a text book.

You have stopped debating and entered bottom line trolling as a last resort. If you can not debate in a civil manner, then don't do it at all. Please stop wasting space upon my thread and if you just NEED to fight with me, do it over PM.


Well, I would assume now that, You're fat, Muai Thai is a restaurant and, Muay Thai is a martial art.

"Its impossible to have blackbelts in several martial arts. You can't master one if you practice many of them. It's impossible." - Your first statement.

It is possible to have blackbelts in several martial arts, you can attain the rank of Master if you practice. Mastering Martial Arts = Mastering the technique, mastering the mindset behind the style, mastering and creating new things based upon your knowledge of it and your own personal experience.

Anyone, CAN master a martial art, and anyone CAN master more than one of them.

Bruce Lee mastered several martial arts and types of weapons, and out of that he created a personal martial art. Just because he created a new one doesn't mean he lost his mastery of the old one.

I am debating in a civil matter, providing evidence to prove my statements, unlike your "I do Maui Thai, so I'm not fat." http://www.mauithai.com/ I could go to Maui and eat Thai food there if I wanted to just like you.


Typos happen. You are taking your chances to flame, as seen by you instantly assuming one thing because I put in an "i" as apposed to a "y". Now either your lack the common sense to say "wait a second, that is probably a typo" or you are saying to yourself "I am going to exploit that." Even so at that, its a very very common typo, and I am sure it was not the first time you have seen it either. Sure it is possible to have "black belts" (Its two words. See, I can call you off on typos and spelling/grammatical errors too) in multiple martial arts, but that does not make you a master. You know the moves and how to preform them sure, but does that make you better or on par then the guy who just practices that martial art while you attempt to do several others?

not once have I said "I do Mauy (lets spell it this way to make you happy) Thai, So I'm not fat". I simply said I am not fat. You asked if I do a Martial Arts, and I answered you. It's funny, you claim that you do martial arts and apparently its your life *cough cough*, but I was always under the impression that martial arts was to teach one self discipline. I could be wrong about that, but should I be right, then I would have to question your legitimacy by how you are letting your anger get the best of you.

You also said you would not respond again, but low and behold, you did. Your more then welcome to continue this over PM, but please stop flooding my thread with such frivolous (That means pointless) remarks to the topic.
527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Irvine
Offline
Posted 5/18/08
Bruce Lee is way better, Jakie Chan sold out when he got his own American cartoon plus Bruce Lee died doing his own stunts in a movie.
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/18/08

Ichibannumberone wrote:

Bruce Lee is way better, Jakie Chan sold out when he got his own American cartoon plus Bruce Lee died doing his own stunts in a movie.


What? someone with a brain? on Crunchyroll? god bless you.
2060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / london
Offline
Posted 5/18/08

Ichibannumberone wrote:

Bruce Lee is way better, Jakie Chan sold out when he got his own American cartoon plus Bruce Lee died doing his own stunts in a movie.


i thought he died by his wife poisioning him !!........too bad his own stunts killed him !
atleast Jackie has his own safe stunts !

I think Jackie, because i went to his Gym for a laugh.
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/08
your friend is on drugs. Bruce Lee for sure.
5862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / the best city in...
Offline
Posted 5/18/08

schimazo wrote:


Ichibannumberone wrote:

Bruce Lee is way better, Jakie Chan sold out when he got his own American cartoon plus Bruce Lee died doing his own stunts in a movie.


i thought he died by his wife poisioning him !!........too bad his own stunts killed him !
atleast Jackie has his own safe stunts !

I think Jackie, because i went to his Gym for a laugh.


bruce lee died of mysterious causes, he knew he was going to die, there was an interview i watched, the bad guy from enter the dragon, still alive btw and is still on pretty good shape, said bruce lee told him he thinks he's gonna dire, however, his son, brandon lee died in a scene during the part 2 movie of the crow, but between jackie chan and bruce lee, i think its bruce lee, he has his philosophies, like the water theory and u can see his speed and massive flexible muscles, almost scary, he had mastered the art of nothing basically like Morihei Ueshiba roshi the founder of akido, jeet kun doo isnt even suppose to be a style, but getting off topic, dont get me wrong, jackie chan is good too, he knows i thik 20+ kinds of martial arts, but if its speed, i thnk jet li tops them both, wushu master
334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/08 , edited 5/18/08
@BladeJustice:

What I know is Bruce Lee definitely did not master all those martial arts. I'm not familiar with Shito Ryu, but I am familiar with kempo. Bruce Lee definitely did not become a master at karate. I think you need a third degree black belt for most kinds of karate to become a master. That seems to be what Kizer was getting at. He also definitely did not master Wing Chun. He was supposedly not allowed to learn from the master for not being 100% Chinese after a while. Arguably, he mastered but one style, his Jeet Kun Do. My source from a person who trained with Lee in Wing Chun. What are yours?

As for Jackie Chan, he trained at an opera school. I've never read that he mastered any formal martial art. His knowledge may be a very solid grasp of drunken boxing and others, but I haven't read that he mastered any, let alone all.

As for Jet Li, in his Kiss of the Dragon interview he only says he trained in Wushu. Wikipedia, though not always correct but is mostly reliable, states the same. Kickboxing is a general term that is loosely used. Well, I won't get into the obvious. There's no point.
3387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Bed :]
Offline
Posted 5/18/08
Well Bruce Lee actually master the arts
Whilst Jackie Chan does a little and is funny at the same time

Depends what you're looking for
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.