First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Download Quota
24751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Gallifrey
Offline
Posted 2/12/07

jyalpha wrote:
I was just wondering how the drama series/movie videos that I can download (for a price) are in terms of quality compared to the gigantic files I can get off of Bittorrent? Are these the same originals people get off of Bittorrent, or re-encoded "lesser quality" versions?

I only ask this because if they are the originals, this site would save me a ton of time downloading stuff from Bittorrent, and I would happily donate to this cause :)

Well, members upload those, so it really depends on the member. You should probably try PMing and asking the members who've uploaded anything you're interested in.
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 2/12/07

Eros wrote:

rhynny - they get free stars I believe, and oh the power! the power!!! MUAHAHA

levine112003 -
1) You do no have to donate to watch videos. You do need flash player however, avaiable for dl here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
2) Some videos you can watch in higher resolution if you donate though. "0.00 MegaBytes" Refers to your download quota. If it shows 0.00, then you can't download anything.
3) Not much memory is needed at all. I recommend over 128mb however for this day and age. My next system in 6th months or so will probably have 2gigs of ram.

Any more computer questions feel free to post in the help thread, or pm me or Gev (for the more technical stuff).


wait, but doesn't that kind of contradict what you say becuase you donate to get megabytes, right? So then don't you need to donate in order to download?

Wait, is there also a difference between downloading and watching the programs. So could i just watch the programs even through i have 0.00 megabytes?
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/12/07
yes, you can watch any video you want online; it has nothing to do with the download quota.
you donate and get access to high quality videos, and get a CR badge.
That's different from buying a download quota, downloading the original files consumes bandwidth.

Cr supporter: http://www.crunchyroll.com/donate?src=top Is different from buying download quotas : http://www.crunchyroll.com/dlquota

BK can explain this better than me.
1775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ~South of Heaven~
Offline
Posted 2/15/07
so if i download the anime. . . there's no more waiting like streaming it . ..? when i play it .. its all the way ..?
24751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Gallifrey
Offline
Posted 2/15/07
^That would be correct.
1775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ~South of Heaven~
Offline
Posted 2/15/07

ClassicalTwist wrote:

^That would be correct.


tnx for teh info.. .XD

the mods here really are active .. fast rep.XD

CR is really g0od.XD

although i asked that .. i wouldn't buy bandwidth.. just because... im still in college. no money demmit...X( *cries*
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/07
lol yes, is the original file. It'll play just like any other video file on your PC
1775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ~South of Heaven~
Offline
Posted 2/15/07

mauz15 wrote:

lol yes, is the original file. It'll play just like any other video file on your PC


sweet. .. too bad i can't buy ..*cries again*

but usually.. how long does it take to download one anime ?.. for dsl connection. .. ?
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/07
hmm I don't know about 15-25 minutes for a 20ish min episode?
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/17/07

SaintDragon wrote:

I'm not quite sure myself, but isn't charging for these downloads illegal?


Good point. Very good point.
58667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / New York
Offline
Posted 2/17/07
gotta make money somehow
5191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / 858;cali
Offline
Posted 2/21/07
oohH! tnx for explaining.. i ddnt quite get it at first.. lol
2060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/23/07

SaintDragon wrote:
I'm not quite sure myself, but isn't charging for these downloads illegal?


Nope, what they charge for is Bandwidth, as stated.
If they stated they charged for the downloads, a certain *cough narutofan cough .com* wouldn't exist and we all wouldn't have to hate *cough tazmo cough* for ripping off subbers and scantlators.

But, the point is, I don't see it as a neccesity.

Reason? Well, the downloads were originally uploaded by CR members, so if they were able to get them, anyone should. Even if they were uploaded by shinji, he's a college student, he's an ordinary person like us. The d/l option is more for people who have money to spare, and don't like to search for stuff AKA being lazy.

Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/23/07
Well some people can't get bittorrent working because they either don't know how to port forward or they are behind a strict network firewall. So the Download option is also for people like that.
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Africa
Offline
Posted 2/25/07
I am one of those who are stuck behind a strict firewall.

Would like to know, does the site support download resuming?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.