First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Anita Blake/Buffy animes
734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / LA
Offline
Posted 5/19/08
i think it will be a great idea to make anita blake into anime i would go crazy omg!!!
Posted 5/19/08
I think that Anita Blake would make a great anime series...Laurell K is a great writer..so I am sure if there was an anime made out of it, it would be awesome...not so sure about Buffy though...but I would probably still watch it lol....
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 5/19/08 , edited 5/19/08

deathbyelectricution wrote:

Cool. Thanks for the summary. I might read it sometime.


Unless you're into adult stuff you might wanna give it a miss, you certainly sound (type!) old enough for me not to have led you down the path to traumatisation tho

46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/20/08 , edited 5/20/08

Amichan118 wrote:

I love Anita Blake! well not her... but I love jean-Claude!!!


OMG!!!
me too... he is so cool... much better than Richard..
besides laurell K Hamilton's vampire hunter series, her faeries one is also good... though both is not suitable for kids... I'd like to see faeries series is anime, i think it'll be good... and its something never seen in anime before.

Oh... to add on, if you like vamp hunters stories, go check out Sherrilyn kenyon's Dark-hunter series... it is so so good!!! But more suited for the female fans... and those interested in Greek/roman mythology.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
>< tink its good idea.. but to those v young one..might not realli understand.. =) omg i hope they make one really soon..anw the latest bk coming out soon rite? ><
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 5/20/08 , edited 5/20/08

shoeangel wrote:

>< tink its good idea.. but to those v young one..might not realli understand.. =) omg i hope they make one really soon..anw the latest bk coming out soon rite? ><


#14 The Harlequin? Or the one after that?
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

nutty wrote:


Amichan118 wrote:

I love Anita Blake! well not her... but I love jean-Claude!!!


OMG!!!
me too... he is so cool... much better than Richard..
besides laurell K Hamilton's vampire hunter series, her faeries one is also good... though both is not suitable for kids... I'd like to see faeries series is anime, i think it'll be good... and its something never seen in anime before.

Oh... to add on, if you like vamp hunters stories, go check out Sherrilyn kenyon's Dark-hunter series... it is so so good!!! But more suited for the female fans... and those interested in Greek/roman mythology.


Heheh, sorry ladies, but Edward's cooler'n the both of em put together

181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Frozen Tundra....
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
It's already being made into a Comic Series... it's pretty sweet too, I have the 1st two comics, but yeah that would be sweet by taking the next step and making a anime or animated series.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/6/67/Anita_Blake_-_Vampire_Hunter_-_Guilty_Pleasures_1.JPG/350px-Anita_Blake_-_Vampire_Hunter_-_Guilty_Pleasures_1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://en.marveldatabase.com/Comics:Anita_Blake:_Vampire_Hunter_-_Guilty_Pleasures_Vol_1_1&h=532&w=350&sz=36&hl=en&start=19&um=1&tbnid=SBXrihqtHwanNM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=87&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAnita%2BBlake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/Comic/AnitaBlakeHC.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/Comic/AnitaBlakeHandbook.html&h=789&w=550&sz=66&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=G1VwHIm4YeCCEM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAnita%2BBlake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Frozen Tundra....
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

Etnaslave wrote:


nutty wrote:


Amichan118 wrote:

I love Anita Blake! well not her... but I love jean-Claude!!!


OMG!!!
me too... he is so cool... much better than Richard..
besides laurell K Hamilton's vampire hunter series, her faeries one is also good... though both is not suitable for kids... I'd like to see faeries series is anime, i think it'll be good... and its something never seen in anime before.

Oh... to add on, if you like vamp hunters stories, go check out Sherrilyn kenyon's Dark-hunter series... it is so so good!!! But more suited for the female fans... and those interested in Greek/roman mythology.


Heheh, sorry ladies, but Edward's cooler'n the both of em put together




I love Edward too...
2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
as long as it focus on vampire hunters it would be cool like vampire hunter d,l lol
8889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 5/20/08 , edited 5/20/08

Amichan118 wrote:

It's already being made into a Comic Series... it's pretty sweet too, I have the 1st two comics, but yeah that would be sweet by taking the next step and making a anime or animated series.




Yup, I got part one of the collected 'Guilty Pleasures', but from there I started on the books, so, no real need to get anymore comics (and probably no need for an anime either, but whareva!)

Have you read #10, Obsidian Butterfly, yet?
1637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 5/20/08 , edited 5/20/08
I haven't exactly had the chance to get my grubby hands on these books (long story short - God forsaken country and high Amazon shipping rates), but from what I've heard from people it's more than good especially with it's twist on standard vampire and other supernaturals believes (mostly gathered from my careful Wikipedia explorations to avoid spoilers).

So, to keep this short, what could you compare this to? Except Buffy (that's actually quite discouraging for me since I found Buffy to be somewhat shallow).
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South Yorks, UK
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

Methos12 wrote:

I haven't exactly had the chance to get my grubby hands on these books (long story short - God forsaken country and high Amazon shipping rates), but from what I've heard from people it's more than good especially with it's twist on standard vampire and other supernaturals believes (mostly gathered from my careful Wikipedia explorations to avoid spoilers).

So, to keep this short, what could you compare this to? Except Buffy (that's actually quite discouraging for me since I found Buffy to be somewhat shallow).


Uum,...maybe Underworld, except werewolves and vampires aren't worst enemies (Anita Blake's world has were-practically everything), and everyone's legal citizens (though discriminated against, probably more so in the case of were-beasts), and the main character's a human..

As long as you don't mind maybe a shift in male:female ratio favouring male characters (given it's written by a woman and arguably meant for women) over females and like vampires and scary stuff, it might be your ting
1637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
Yes, that whole thing with supernaturals (well, if they really ARE supernaturals in there) interests me the most. Shouldn't really have that much of a problem with it being somewhat aimed towards women as long as it doesn't go into into details like, I don't know, erotic novels or similar works.

Thanks for the info.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.