First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Is Naruto the type of character to die at the ends of the series?
Member
2189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CandyLand
Offline
Posted 12/25/08
That would suck
I hope not ill feel like
ive wasted all my time watching
this show just like Death Note to
watch my favorite character die
360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 12/25/08

a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:

I honestly don't see Naruto dying at the end of the series. It just wouldn't be right eh, we've been with him from day 1 and killing him off would just suck lol :(

I have a gut feeling that he won't die though, not in the way you guys think at least.



Well regardless of whether it is 'right' or not, authors and mangakas do that to their works. Naruto probably wouldn't be an exception. And just because a character has been introduced since day one, so to speak, it doesn't mean they are immune to anything. Authors can change and manipulate a story anyway they like, because ultimately it is their story. They can give characters life and just as easily take it away with a few words and some impelling story lines. It can happen to any character, for a good reason or not it can happens.

But if I were to ask... what do you guys think would be the ending? If anything there are probably a few answers to that questions just based on what people are saying in this thread.

1) Naruto becomes Hokage, saves sasuke, paves way for new generation... blah blah blah Happy Ending.
2) Naruto dies but his death was a meaningful one that ends with a peaceful world.

Those two seem to be the prominent theories, but regardless they are theories.

Now... people can discuss what they would like to see happen and propose an interesting 'alternate' ending, perhaps.

Here's my alternate ending, perhaps it's weird but it could be interesting if it turned out as such. Read it if you like, but if you're not interested then that's alright with me. This is all opinionated anyways, no one is right or wrong (yet).




Ok that was a bit of a long post, anyways just to make sure EVERYONE understands this... these are theories that I came up with in my little head, nothing else. I will not vouch for it to be likely or unlikely, I remain indifferent but either way it does not matter, I just thought I shared a piece of my mind.


I don't think you entirely get what I mean by right I don't mean it as in a right/wrong choice, I mean it as in a choice that doesn't reflect the mangaka's style. Yes, its true that quite a few characters have died in Naruto, and that more will probably do so, but that doesn't mean the main character Naruto's gonna hit the hay in a sacrificial way. Also, if Naruto dies I would be pretty bummed because honestly this story is about Naruto, without Naruto it's not 'Naruto' anymore, do you get what i mean? And I'm not saying that Naruto is immune to anything because of his day 1 status, I'm just saying for him to die so long after being with us would be a huge tragedy, and would blatantly suck :(

And about the ending, I honestly think Naruto won't die in action and will live life as the Hokage, mainly because it's been Naruto's goal from Day 1 and a lot of things revolve around his goal in one way or another. I think you are giving the Kyubi slightly too much credit, yes it is a very important plot element but Naruto is no longer going to willingly use it's power, and has realised what true strength is.

One last thing, theres also the will of fire, and the next generation. Naruto is part of the generation that is about to take over, for him to die now would be too soon. So far it has mainly been characters who pass on the will of fire and who are part of the generation that passes on everything to the next generation that have died.

Anyway thats just my opinion :P
Good food for thought btw yall.
Member
12341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/25/08 , edited 12/25/08
I have heard from a classmate who read the somewhere in a website what would happen to Naruto- he'll be Hokage but he'll die fighting a certain someone .(Can't tell here cause it's spoiler).



I hated that he died...I felt like crying when I heard but it's my classmate who told me, I'm not sure. but it could be fake, right? He's not gonna die isn't he?! I really hope it's not true cause he can't die!!!.

But if it's true, let's hope they let him live - and I mean LIVE in the end of the anime cause he died AND lost a battle -that sucks!!!
RPR
23076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CHILLIN IN THE MA
Offline
Posted 12/25/08
i have a feeling that if for some reason after pein is defeated all of the tailed demons will run wild and naruto will use the sealing technique to stop all of them and lose his life for his village
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:

I honestly don't see Naruto dying at the end of the series. It just wouldn't be right eh, we've been with him from day 1 and killing him off would just suck lol :(

I have a gut feeling that he won't die though, not in the way you guys think at least.



Well regardless of whether it is 'right' or not, authors and mangakas do that to their works. Naruto probably wouldn't be an exception. And just because a character has been introduced since day one, so to speak, it doesn't mean they are immune to anything. Authors can change and manipulate a story anyway they like, because ultimately it is their story. They can give characters life and just as easily take it away with a few words and some impelling story lines. It can happen to any character, for a good reason or not it can happens.

But if I were to ask... what do you guys think would be the ending? If anything there are probably a few answers to that questions just based on what people are saying in this thread.

1) Naruto becomes Hokage, saves sasuke, paves way for new generation... blah blah blah Happy Ending.
2) Naruto dies but his death was a meaningful one that ends with a peaceful world.

Those two seem to be the prominent theories, but regardless they are theories.

Now... people can discuss what they would like to see happen and propose an interesting 'alternate' ending, perhaps.

Here's my alternate ending, perhaps it's weird but it could be interesting if it turned out as such. Read it if you like, but if you're not interested then that's alright with me. This is all opinionated anyways, no one is right or wrong (yet).




Ok that was a bit of a long post, anyways just to make sure EVERYONE understands this... these are theories that I came up with in my little head, nothing else. I will not vouch for it to be likely or unlikely, I remain indifferent but either way it does not matter, I just thought I shared a piece of my mind.


I don't think you entirely get what I mean by right I don't mean it as in a right/wrong choice, I mean it as in a choice that doesn't reflect the mangaka's style. Yes, its true that quite a few characters have died in Naruto, and that more will probably do so, but that doesn't mean the main character Naruto's gonna hit the hay in a sacrificial way. Also, if Naruto dies I would be pretty bummed because honestly this story is about Naruto, without Naruto it's not 'Naruto' anymore, do you get what i mean? And I'm not saying that Naruto is immune to anything because of his day 1 status, I'm just saying for him to die so long after being with us would be a huge tragedy, and would blatantly suck :(

And about the ending, I honestly think Naruto won't die in action and will live life as the Hokage, mainly because it's been Naruto's goal from Day 1 and a lot of things revolve around his goal in one way or another. I think you are giving the Kyubi slightly too much credit, yes it is a very important plot element but Naruto is no longer going to willingly use it's power, and has realised what true strength is.

One last thing, theres also the will of fire, and the next generation. Naruto is part of the generation that is about to take over, for him to die now would be too soon. So far it has mainly been characters who pass on the will of fire and who are part of the generation that passes on everything to the next generation that have died.

Anyway thats just my opinion :P
Good food for thought btw yall.



Well I understand what you're saying. Majority of the people would hate to see the main character die. However, whether it would 'suck' or not all depends on how Mashimoto is able to tell the story, or rather end it. As for passing something onto the next generation, Naruto has already done something to that regards. Prime example, Konohamaru being able to do rasengan and kage bunshin. However, after the last chapter in the manga things are iffy as to whether the kid is still alive. Did he die along with the rest of konoha or did he manage to survive like sakura? We'll have to see next week.

Also, I don't think the Kyuubi is given too much credit. In fact, it hasn't really made his scene in awhile. Although the story has been revolving 'capturing' the Kyuubi, but that's all it is so far. The Kyuubi hasn't done anything. Even though Naruto no longer uses its power, it's still there. And lets not forget that the Kyuubi has a personality of its own. Just because Naruto chooses not to use its power doesn't mean it has disappeared and won't reappear. Perhaps in the coming battles Naruto is on the verge of death and the Kyuubi is able to take over? Although that sort of event is very similar to the story of 666 Satan (manga by Mashimoto's brother). In case you haven't read that manga (I'd recommend it), Jio Freed lives with Satan inside of him. He's able to suppress it and uses his own power to fight and Satan doesn't appear for a long while until the end. Jio battles with his 'inner self' (Satan) and in the end, in order to save the world sacrificed himself to rid of the world of Satan. Of course the story line can not be compared in a parallel manner, but the similarities are there. And like I said in my very first post on this thread, Mashimoto and his brother's favorite manga was Dragon Ball. And their stories have elements taken from that manga. It's just they each have their own way of telling their stories which makes it interesting.

So what I'm trying to say is this, don't write off the death of Naruto as being total 'OMG SUCK' but be open minded about it. Plus, you say you would be bummed if Naruto died and there wouldn't be Naruto anymore, well... any ending would end Naruto. Whether he lives or dies, there will be an ending. Everything has a beginning and an end. And I don't believe anyone has mentioned anything about Naruto dying now, we're talking about the end. Although Mashimoto has stated that he has an ending in mind, that doesn't mean it will be anytime soon. From the way the story is progressing we still have awhile until the end.

Oh and one more thing, Naruto will most likely obtain the title of Hokage. But like his predecessors, as a Hokage he would sacrifice himself for the future generations and his village. Thus... "passing the will of fire."
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

numbah1crusade wrote:

That would suck
I hope not ill feel like
ive wasted all my time watching
this show just like Death Note to
watch my favorite character die


Lol! Well who didn't see that kind of ending coming? I'm not sure if you're favorite character was Light or L, but either way, the way the manga progressed was awesome. Although I expected Yagumi Light to die in the end, I expected it in a much more elaborate manner. Oh wells, the manga is over and it was pretty good.

Also like I said in my post above, all things have a beginning and an end. Don't expect something to never end, it will end eventually. Nothing can escape the effects of time. Thinking about Death Note reminded me of Code Geass. What a great anime that was, and the ending was awesome.
10019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/26/08
A lot of opinion.. Hahahah!! who knows who's right?? were not Masashi Kishimoto
.. so it's better to read and hope that the ending would be worth it...

Seriously?? I hope to see..
~Naruto vs Pien (end at Konoha)
~Sasuke (the Hawk) vs Madara and the remaining Akatsuki
~Kabuto vs Yamato
~and Naruto vs Sasuke
~after the battle.. I don't care what happens to Naruto.. Dead or Alive..

But.. I'm not the Author.. better just to sit and watch what happens next.
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / 。。。
Offline
Posted 12/26/08
hey if he dies or rather in the end everyone dies it will be like harry potter! and it is so sad!
360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 12/27/08

a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:

I honestly don't see Naruto dying at the end of the series. It just wouldn't be right eh, we've been with him from day 1 and killing him off would just suck lol :(

I have a gut feeling that he won't die though, not in the way you guys think at least.



Well regardless of whether it is 'right' or not, authors and mangakas do that to their works. Naruto probably wouldn't be an exception. And just because a character has been introduced since day one, so to speak, it doesn't mean they are immune to anything. Authors can change and manipulate a story anyway they like, because ultimately it is their story. They can give characters life and just as easily take it away with a few words and some impelling story lines. It can happen to any character, for a good reason or not it can happens.

But if I were to ask... what do you guys think would be the ending? If anything there are probably a few answers to that questions just based on what people are saying in this thread.

1) Naruto becomes Hokage, saves sasuke, paves way for new generation... blah blah blah Happy Ending.
2) Naruto dies but his death was a meaningful one that ends with a peaceful world.

Those two seem to be the prominent theories, but regardless they are theories.

Now... people can discuss what they would like to see happen and propose an interesting 'alternate' ending, perhaps.

Here's my alternate ending, perhaps it's weird but it could be interesting if it turned out as such. Read it if you like, but if you're not interested then that's alright with me. This is all opinionated anyways, no one is right or wrong (yet).




Ok that was a bit of a long post, anyways just to make sure EVERYONE understands this... these are theories that I came up with in my little head, nothing else. I will not vouch for it to be likely or unlikely, I remain indifferent but either way it does not matter, I just thought I shared a piece of my mind.


I don't think you entirely get what I mean by right I don't mean it as in a right/wrong choice, I mean it as in a choice that doesn't reflect the mangaka's style. Yes, its true that quite a few characters have died in Naruto, and that more will probably do so, but that doesn't mean the main character Naruto's gonna hit the hay in a sacrificial way. Also, if Naruto dies I would be pretty bummed because honestly this story is about Naruto, without Naruto it's not 'Naruto' anymore, do you get what i mean? And I'm not saying that Naruto is immune to anything because of his day 1 status, I'm just saying for him to die so long after being with us would be a huge tragedy, and would blatantly suck :(

And about the ending, I honestly think Naruto won't die in action and will live life as the Hokage, mainly because it's been Naruto's goal from Day 1 and a lot of things revolve around his goal in one way or another. I think you are giving the Kyubi slightly too much credit, yes it is a very important plot element but Naruto is no longer going to willingly use it's power, and has realised what true strength is.

One last thing, theres also the will of fire, and the next generation. Naruto is part of the generation that is about to take over, for him to die now would be too soon. So far it has mainly been characters who pass on the will of fire and who are part of the generation that passes on everything to the next generation that have died.

Anyway thats just my opinion :P
Good food for thought btw yall.



Well I understand what you're saying. Majority of the people would hate to see the main character die. However, whether it would 'suck' or not all depends on how Mashimoto is able to tell the story, or rather end it. As for passing something onto the next generation, Naruto has already done something to that regards. Prime example, Konohamaru being able to do rasengan and kage bunshin. However, after the last chapter in the manga things are iffy as to whether the kid is still alive. Did he die along with the rest of konoha or did he manage to survive like sakura? We'll have to see next week.

Also, I don't think the Kyuubi is given too much credit. In fact, it hasn't really made his scene in awhile. Although the story has been revolving 'capturing' the Kyuubi, but that's all it is so far. The Kyuubi hasn't done anything. Even though Naruto no longer uses its power, it's still there. And lets not forget that the Kyuubi has a personality of its own. Just because Naruto chooses not to use its power doesn't mean it has disappeared and won't reappear. Perhaps in the coming battles Naruto is on the verge of death and the Kyuubi is able to take over? Although that sort of event is very similar to the story of 666 Satan (manga by Mashimoto's brother). In case you haven't read that manga (I'd recommend it), Jio Freed lives with Satan inside of him. He's able to suppress it and uses his own power to fight and Satan doesn't appear for a long while until the end. Jio battles with his 'inner self' (Satan) and in the end, in order to save the world sacrificed himself to rid of the world of Satan. Of course the story line can not be compared in a parallel manner, but the similarities are there. And like I said in my very first post on this thread, Mashimoto and his brother's favorite manga was Dragon Ball. And their stories have elements taken from that manga. It's just they each have their own way of telling their stories which makes it interesting.

So what I'm trying to say is this, don't write off the death of Naruto as being total 'OMG SUCK' but be open minded about it. Plus, you say you would be bummed if Naruto died and there wouldn't be Naruto anymore, well... any ending would end Naruto. Whether he lives or dies, there will be an ending. Everything has a beginning and an end. And I don't believe anyone has mentioned anything about Naruto dying now, we're talking about the end. Although Mashimoto has stated that he has an ending in mind, that doesn't mean it will be anytime soon. From the way the story is progressing we still have awhile until the end.

Oh and one more thing, Naruto will most likely obtain the title of Hokage. But like his predecessors, as a Hokage he would sacrifice himself for the future generations and his village. Thus... "passing the will of fire."


Haha you voice your arguments well And I agree with some of the reasoning behind what you say but not completely. Firstly don't put so much on emphasis on suck haha, I'm greatful for the story Kishimoto has told so far and I will accept the ending no matter what, I was just voicing how I would feel if Naruto to die, especially in a sacrifice. I mainly feel this way because an ending like that would completely contradict Naruto's character, hes got a dream to be hokage and so many other people have invested their faith in his goal and have also become strong themselves because of Naruto's influence. Naruto is a lot more integral than you think (sorry for sounding like fanboy btw lol >.<)

And that example you use of Naruto passing techniques on to Konohamaru, your are right but I wouldn't call it a prime example, mainly because Naruto has a lot more passing down to do to the next generation His generation is just starting to take over, it's not there time yet mate. I reckon Konohamaru survived btw, along with a lot of others, but there will be others who sadly died :(

With regards to the kyubi, what I meant by don't give him too much credit is that hes definitely beatable and Narutos not the only one that can stop him, although it would obviously involbe Naruto enmorlously. Sasuke and Madara have the potential to own him completely, he even said himself their chakra is more sinister. Yes he hasn't made an appearance in a long time and he does have huge potential to do something in the future, but you have to understand how their bond works. Naruto no longer wants to use the kyubis power. Yep, the Kyubi could take advantage of Narutos emotions, but ultimately hes not in control. (However im not entirely sure how badly Konohas destruction will affect Naruto. Yes Naruto will be pissed but will he be pissed enough to lose control, despite his conviction to never use the Kyubis power again(?) We shall see. I also don't think the Kyubi will take over on the verge of death, its possible though. 666 satan seems cool, I'll give it a shot one day but i've got enough on my plate for now Yes the similarities are there yet I still don't think Naruto will sacrifice himself to destroy the kyubi, theres so many other possibilities and sacrificing may seem the way it will work out but Naruto's the number 1 Unpredictable ninja, it's very possible he'll find another way, im guessing with the help of others too, hes not alone :)

Hehe, I'm being more open minded than you think mate, I'm taking everything you say into consideration and have not ruled them out, but have just given my own opinions which differ. Yup, any ending would end Naruto, I'm gonna be sad because I've been going down the road as a fan for a long time, but I know it's coming and will have no regrets with how it turns out. And don't bother me with semantics, it's not worth it :P
Now that you put it that way, Naruto definitely will at least be willing to sacrifice himself as Hokage, but im hoping its not happening in Shippuden, I reckon it would be beyond the end of the story, hence just making it a pigment of someones imagination.

Damn my brain melted typing all that out lol


42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/27/08

superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:

I honestly don't see Naruto dying at the end of the series. It just wouldn't be right eh, we've been with him from day 1 and killing him off would just suck lol :(

I have a gut feeling that he won't die though, not in the way you guys think at least.



Well regardless of whether it is 'right' or not, authors and mangakas do that to their works. Naruto probably wouldn't be an exception. And just because a character has been introduced since day one, so to speak, it doesn't mean they are immune to anything. Authors can change and manipulate a story anyway they like, because ultimately it is their story. They can give characters life and just as easily take it away with a few words and some impelling story lines. It can happen to any character, for a good reason or not it can happens.

But if I were to ask... what do you guys think would be the ending? If anything there are probably a few answers to that questions just based on what people are saying in this thread.

1) Naruto becomes Hokage, saves sasuke, paves way for new generation... blah blah blah Happy Ending.
2) Naruto dies but his death was a meaningful one that ends with a peaceful world.

Those two seem to be the prominent theories, but regardless they are theories.

Now... people can discuss what they would like to see happen and propose an interesting 'alternate' ending, perhaps.

Here's my alternate ending, perhaps it's weird but it could be interesting if it turned out as such. Read it if you like, but if you're not interested then that's alright with me. This is all opinionated anyways, no one is right or wrong (yet).




Ok that was a bit of a long post, anyways just to make sure EVERYONE understands this... these are theories that I came up with in my little head, nothing else. I will not vouch for it to be likely or unlikely, I remain indifferent but either way it does not matter, I just thought I shared a piece of my mind.


I don't think you entirely get what I mean by right I don't mean it as in a right/wrong choice, I mean it as in a choice that doesn't reflect the mangaka's style. Yes, its true that quite a few characters have died in Naruto, and that more will probably do so, but that doesn't mean the main character Naruto's gonna hit the hay in a sacrificial way. Also, if Naruto dies I would be pretty bummed because honestly this story is about Naruto, without Naruto it's not 'Naruto' anymore, do you get what i mean? And I'm not saying that Naruto is immune to anything because of his day 1 status, I'm just saying for him to die so long after being with us would be a huge tragedy, and would blatantly suck :(

And about the ending, I honestly think Naruto won't die in action and will live life as the Hokage, mainly because it's been Naruto's goal from Day 1 and a lot of things revolve around his goal in one way or another. I think you are giving the Kyubi slightly too much credit, yes it is a very important plot element but Naruto is no longer going to willingly use it's power, and has realised what true strength is.

One last thing, theres also the will of fire, and the next generation. Naruto is part of the generation that is about to take over, for him to die now would be too soon. So far it has mainly been characters who pass on the will of fire and who are part of the generation that passes on everything to the next generation that have died.

Anyway thats just my opinion :P
Good food for thought btw yall.



Well I understand what you're saying. Majority of the people would hate to see the main character die. However, whether it would 'suck' or not all depends on how Mashimoto is able to tell the story, or rather end it. As for passing something onto the next generation, Naruto has already done something to that regards. Prime example, Konohamaru being able to do rasengan and kage bunshin. However, after the last chapter in the manga things are iffy as to whether the kid is still alive. Did he die along with the rest of konoha or did he manage to survive like sakura? We'll have to see next week.

Also, I don't think the Kyuubi is given too much credit. In fact, it hasn't really made his scene in awhile. Although the story has been revolving 'capturing' the Kyuubi, but that's all it is so far. The Kyuubi hasn't done anything. Even though Naruto no longer uses its power, it's still there. And lets not forget that the Kyuubi has a personality of its own. Just because Naruto chooses not to use its power doesn't mean it has disappeared and won't reappear. Perhaps in the coming battles Naruto is on the verge of death and the Kyuubi is able to take over? Although that sort of event is very similar to the story of 666 Satan (manga by Mashimoto's brother). In case you haven't read that manga (I'd recommend it), Jio Freed lives with Satan inside of him. He's able to suppress it and uses his own power to fight and Satan doesn't appear for a long while until the end. Jio battles with his 'inner self' (Satan) and in the end, in order to save the world sacrificed himself to rid of the world of Satan. Of course the story line can not be compared in a parallel manner, but the similarities are there. And like I said in my very first post on this thread, Mashimoto and his brother's favorite manga was Dragon Ball. And their stories have elements taken from that manga. It's just they each have their own way of telling their stories which makes it interesting.

So what I'm trying to say is this, don't write off the death of Naruto as being total 'OMG SUCK' but be open minded about it. Plus, you say you would be bummed if Naruto died and there wouldn't be Naruto anymore, well... any ending would end Naruto. Whether he lives or dies, there will be an ending. Everything has a beginning and an end. And I don't believe anyone has mentioned anything about Naruto dying now, we're talking about the end. Although Mashimoto has stated that he has an ending in mind, that doesn't mean it will be anytime soon. From the way the story is progressing we still have awhile until the end.

Oh and one more thing, Naruto will most likely obtain the title of Hokage. But like his predecessors, as a Hokage he would sacrifice himself for the future generations and his village. Thus... "passing the will of fire."


Haha you voice your arguments well And I agree with some of the reasoning behind what you say but not completely. Firstly don't put so much on emphasis on suck haha, I'm greatful for the story Kishimoto has told so far and I will accept the ending no matter what, I was just voicing how I would feel if Naruto to die, especially in a sacrifice. I mainly feel this way because an ending like that would completely contradict Naruto's character, hes got a dream to be hokage and so many other people have invested their faith in his goal and have also become strong themselves because of Naruto's influence. Naruto is a lot more integral than you think (sorry for sounding like fanboy btw lol >.<)

And that example you use of Naruto passing techniques on to Konohamaru, your are right but I wouldn't call it a prime example, mainly because Naruto has a lot more passing down to do to the next generation His generation is just starting to take over, it's not there time yet mate. I reckon Konohamaru survived btw, along with a lot of others, but there will be others who sadly died :(

With regards to the kyubi, what I meant by don't give him too much credit is that hes definitely beatable and Narutos not the only one that can stop him, although it would obviously involbe Naruto enmorlously. Sasuke and Madara have the potential to own him completely, he even said himself their chakra is more sinister. Yes he hasn't made an appearance in a long time and he does have huge potential to do something in the future, but you have to understand how their bond works. Naruto no longer wants to use the kyubis power. Yep, the Kyubi could take advantage of Narutos emotions, but ultimately hes not in control. (However im not entirely sure how badly Konohas destruction will affect Naruto. Yes Naruto will be pissed but will he be pissed enough to lose control, despite his conviction to never use the Kyubis power again(?) We shall see. I also don't think the Kyubi will take over on the verge of death, its possible though. 666 satan seems cool, I'll give it a shot one day but i've got enough on my plate for now Yes the similarities are there yet I still don't think Naruto will sacrifice himself to destroy the kyubi, theres so many other possibilities and sacrificing may seem the way it will work out but Naruto's the number 1 Unpredictable ninja, it's very possible he'll find another way, im guessing with the help of others too, hes not alone :)

Hehe, I'm being more open minded than you think mate, I'm taking everything you say into consideration and have not ruled them out, but have just given my own opinions which differ. Yup, any ending would end Naruto, I'm gonna be sad because I've been going down the road as a fan for a long time, but I know it's coming and will have no regrets with how it turns out. And don't bother me with semantics, it's not worth it :P
Now that you put it that way, Naruto definitely will at least be willing to sacrifice himself as Hokage, but im hoping its not happening in Shippuden, I reckon it would be beyond the end of the story, hence just making it a pigment of someones imagination.

Damn my brain melted typing all that out lol




This is becoming super long! I wonder if this will be one of things that everyone quotes just to be part of the long quote, LOL.

Anyways man, I'm glad you're actually making a discussion about this. Unlike most people that has just been saying.. "NO WAi! it Would OmG Sukzoorz!" or "Yes, he should die". This is a bit more productive and alot more interesting.

Either way, I agree... Naruto is an integral character. You, being able to argue like, makes me wonder if your age on the crunchyroll thing is correct lol. And yeah, when you mentioned Sasuke and Madora being able to own the Kyuubi, I actually forgot about that whole part. I kind of over looked it. And one thing I think we did forget is how easily the Kyuubi's chakra can take over. Think about to when Naruto was training for his new jutsu. It seemed that Naruto could lose control when he's trying to put too much strain on maintaining his chakra. Although it does seem to be only his Kage Bunshins that has that kind of effect and not Naruto 'directly' (in a strange sense). Either way the possibilities are there. Yes I do agree that Naruto's conviction is there, to suppress the Kyuubi, that is. But as we've seen the chakra can easily flow out if Naruto isn't able to control his emotions and loses consciousness. So I suppose that's where Sasuke comes into play, where he helps Naruto suppress it. Who knows, I'm personally looking forward to when the Kyuubi makes his grand finale.

But lol, "Number 1 Unpredictable Ninja" that is true. That element is there. So anything can happen.

Well nice discussion so far

I R PleaSeddd!~~ /rwar
Posted 12/27/08
i think so too
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / ToRoNtO
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
hahaha.....no way......its a big disappointment if naruto will die at the end..
360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 12/28/08

a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:


a2nand1 wrote:


superhearing wrote:

I honestly don't see Naruto dying at the end of the series. It just wouldn't be right eh, we've been with him from day 1 and killing him off would just suck lol :(

I have a gut feeling that he won't die though, not in the way you guys think at least.



Well regardless of whether it is 'right' or not, authors and mangakas do that to their works. Naruto probably wouldn't be an exception. And just because a character has been introduced since day one, so to speak, it doesn't mean they are immune to anything. Authors can change and manipulate a story anyway they like, because ultimately it is their story. They can give characters life and just as easily take it away with a few words and some impelling story lines. It can happen to any character, for a good reason or not it can happens.

But if I were to ask... what do you guys think would be the ending? If anything there are probably a few answers to that questions just based on what people are saying in this thread.

1) Naruto becomes Hokage, saves sasuke, paves way for new generation... blah blah blah Happy Ending.
2) Naruto dies but his death was a meaningful one that ends with a peaceful world.

Those two seem to be the prominent theories, but regardless they are theories.

Now... people can discuss what they would like to see happen and propose an interesting 'alternate' ending, perhaps.

Here's my alternate ending, perhaps it's weird but it could be interesting if it turned out as such. Read it if you like, but if you're not interested then that's alright with me. This is all opinionated anyways, no one is right or wrong (yet).




Ok that was a bit of a long post, anyways just to make sure EVERYONE understands this... these are theories that I came up with in my little head, nothing else. I will not vouch for it to be likely or unlikely, I remain indifferent but either way it does not matter, I just thought I shared a piece of my mind.


I don't think you entirely get what I mean by right I don't mean it as in a right/wrong choice, I mean it as in a choice that doesn't reflect the mangaka's style. Yes, its true that quite a few characters have died in Naruto, and that more will probably do so, but that doesn't mean the main character Naruto's gonna hit the hay in a sacrificial way. Also, if Naruto dies I would be pretty bummed because honestly this story is about Naruto, without Naruto it's not 'Naruto' anymore, do you get what i mean? And I'm not saying that Naruto is immune to anything because of his day 1 status, I'm just saying for him to die so long after being with us would be a huge tragedy, and would blatantly suck :(

And about the ending, I honestly think Naruto won't die in action and will live life as the Hokage, mainly because it's been Naruto's goal from Day 1 and a lot of things revolve around his goal in one way or another. I think you are giving the Kyubi slightly too much credit, yes it is a very important plot element but Naruto is no longer going to willingly use it's power, and has realised what true strength is.

One last thing, theres also the will of fire, and the next generation. Naruto is part of the generation that is about to take over, for him to die now would be too soon. So far it has mainly been characters who pass on the will of fire and who are part of the generation that passes on everything to the next generation that have died.

Anyway thats just my opinion :P
Good food for thought btw yall.



Well I understand what you're saying. Majority of the people would hate to see the main character die. However, whether it would 'suck' or not all depends on how Mashimoto is able to tell the story, or rather end it. As for passing something onto the next generation, Naruto has already done something to that regards. Prime example, Konohamaru being able to do rasengan and kage bunshin. However, after the last chapter in the manga things are iffy as to whether the kid is still alive. Did he die along with the rest of konoha or did he manage to survive like sakura? We'll have to see next week.

Also, I don't think the Kyuubi is given too much credit. In fact, it hasn't really made his scene in awhile. Although the story has been revolving 'capturing' the Kyuubi, but that's all it is so far. The Kyuubi hasn't done anything. Even though Naruto no longer uses its power, it's still there. And lets not forget that the Kyuubi has a personality of its own. Just because Naruto chooses not to use its power doesn't mean it has disappeared and won't reappear. Perhaps in the coming battles Naruto is on the verge of death and the Kyuubi is able to take over? Although that sort of event is very similar to the story of 666 Satan (manga by Mashimoto's brother). In case you haven't read that manga (I'd recommend it), Jio Freed lives with Satan inside of him. He's able to suppress it and uses his own power to fight and Satan doesn't appear for a long while until the end. Jio battles with his 'inner self' (Satan) and in the end, in order to save the world sacrificed himself to rid of the world of Satan. Of course the story line can not be compared in a parallel manner, but the similarities are there. And like I said in my very first post on this thread, Mashimoto and his brother's favorite manga was Dragon Ball. And their stories have elements taken from that manga. It's just they each have their own way of telling their stories which makes it interesting.

So what I'm trying to say is this, don't write off the death of Naruto as being total 'OMG SUCK' but be open minded about it. Plus, you say you would be bummed if Naruto died and there wouldn't be Naruto anymore, well... any ending would end Naruto. Whether he lives or dies, there will be an ending. Everything has a beginning and an end. And I don't believe anyone has mentioned anything about Naruto dying now, we're talking about the end. Although Mashimoto has stated that he has an ending in mind, that doesn't mean it will be anytime soon. From the way the story is progressing we still have awhile until the end.

Oh and one more thing, Naruto will most likely obtain the title of Hokage. But like his predecessors, as a Hokage he would sacrifice himself for the future generations and his village. Thus... "passing the will of fire."


Haha you voice your arguments well And I agree with some of the reasoning behind what you say but not completely. Firstly don't put so much on emphasis on suck haha, I'm greatful for the story Kishimoto has told so far and I will accept the ending no matter what, I was just voicing how I would feel if Naruto to die, especially in a sacrifice. I mainly feel this way because an ending like that would completely contradict Naruto's character, hes got a dream to be hokage and so many other people have invested their faith in his goal and have also become strong themselves because of Naruto's influence. Naruto is a lot more integral than you think (sorry for sounding like fanboy btw lol >.<)

And that example you use of Naruto passing techniques on to Konohamaru, your are right but I wouldn't call it a prime example, mainly because Naruto has a lot more passing down to do to the next generation His generation is just starting to take over, it's not there time yet mate. I reckon Konohamaru survived btw, along with a lot of others, but there will be others who sadly died :(

With regards to the kyubi, what I meant by don't give him too much credit is that hes definitely beatable and Narutos not the only one that can stop him, although it would obviously involbe Naruto enmorlously. Sasuke and Madara have the potential to own him completely, he even said himself their chakra is more sinister. Yes he hasn't made an appearance in a long time and he does have huge potential to do something in the future, but you have to understand how their bond works. Naruto no longer wants to use the kyubis power. Yep, the Kyubi could take advantage of Narutos emotions, but ultimately hes not in control. (However im not entirely sure how badly Konohas destruction will affect Naruto. Yes Naruto will be pissed but will he be pissed enough to lose control, despite his conviction to never use the Kyubis power again(?) We shall see. I also don't think the Kyubi will take over on the verge of death, its possible though. 666 satan seems cool, I'll give it a shot one day but i've got enough on my plate for now Yes the similarities are there yet I still don't think Naruto will sacrifice himself to destroy the kyubi, theres so many other possibilities and sacrificing may seem the way it will work out but Naruto's the number 1 Unpredictable ninja, it's very possible he'll find another way, im guessing with the help of others too, hes not alone :)

Hehe, I'm being more open minded than you think mate, I'm taking everything you say into consideration and have not ruled them out, but have just given my own opinions which differ. Yup, any ending would end Naruto, I'm gonna be sad because I've been going down the road as a fan for a long time, but I know it's coming and will have no regrets with how it turns out. And don't bother me with semantics, it's not worth it :P
Now that you put it that way, Naruto definitely will at least be willing to sacrifice himself as Hokage, but im hoping its not happening in Shippuden, I reckon it would be beyond the end of the story, hence just making it a pigment of someones imagination.

Damn my brain melted typing all that out lol




This is becoming super long! I wonder if this will be one of things that everyone quotes just to be part of the long quote, LOL.

Anyways man, I'm glad you're actually making a discussion about this. Unlike most people that has just been saying.. "NO WAi! it Would OmG Sukzoorz!" or "Yes, he should die". This is a bit more productive and alot more interesting.

Either way, I agree... Naruto is an integral character. You, being able to argue like, makes me wonder if your age on the crunchyroll thing is correct lol. And yeah, when you mentioned Sasuke and Madora being able to own the Kyuubi, I actually forgot about that whole part. I kind of over looked it. And one thing I think we did forget is how easily the Kyuubi's chakra can take over. Think about to when Naruto was training for his new jutsu. It seemed that Naruto could lose control when he's trying to put too much strain on maintaining his chakra. Although it does seem to be only his Kage Bunshins that has that kind of effect and not Naruto 'directly' (in a strange sense). Either way the possibilities are there. Yes I do agree that Naruto's conviction is there, to suppress the Kyuubi, that is. But as we've seen the chakra can easily flow out if Naruto isn't able to control his emotions and loses consciousness. So I suppose that's where Sasuke comes into play, where he helps Naruto suppress it. Who knows, I'm personally looking forward to when the Kyuubi makes his grand finale.

But lol, "Number 1 Unpredictable Ninja" that is true. That element is there. So anything can happen.

Well nice discussion so far

I R PleaSeddd!~~ /rwar


Haha yeah it has become pretty long It's been fun have this exchange of thoughts.

Haha the only reason I argue extensively and in a detailed way is because Im really interested in Naruto and quite a huge fan, Ive also accumulated a lot of knowledge about Naruto so i can therefore argue hardout :P
Yeah your right about the Kyubi's chakra taking over, yeah damn that completely slipped my mind. During Naruto's training for his new jutsu, he got pretty stressed and frustrated with the apparent lack of results( he was actually progressing pretty well as Kakashi notes, but Naruto himself got really stressed out at times). So I thought that was probably why the Kyubis chakra was taking over. But you mentioning the clone and not the real Naruto getting affected as well makes me longer think so. I found something on narutowiki( Yep, I even read external texts on Naruto every now and then >.<) that hints as to why the clone got affected as such:

The demon fox, as expected, seems to have a plan for escape. When Naruto first met Sasuke after his defection, the demon fox told Naruto to remove the seal internally so that Naruto would have full access to its chakra. It has also been stated that if the seal is broken, or if Naruto draws too much of it's power, the demon fox would be released. As such, during Part II, the demon fox eagerly offers its power to Naruto when fighting against Orochimaru and during his later encounter with Sasuke. This plan, however, failed as Naruto refused to use the demon fox's power, and it has yet to make an appearence since it was suppressed by Sasuke and rejected by Naruto.

During Naruto's element training, the demon fox was forcing its chakra into one of Naruto's shadow clones. Its reason for doing this is unknown, but it apparently has something to do with its plans for escape.

That could be why the clone was affected Either way, I don't have much more to add, I would like to see more of the kyubi too personally, hes quite enigmatic and itd be really neat if he acknowledged Naruto and if wasn't outright evil, theres more to the kyubi than meets the eye in my opinion.

Yup thanks for the nice debate haha.
8952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 12/28/08

ryuuk3n wrote:

Why wait until the last episode? Kill him now...


I'm with you.
Member
14237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / =.= ....... Can't...
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
weeeellll I don't think that Naruto will die I mean it can't all end with him doing soo much stuff and then ending up like his father i mean COME ON!!! ( why does this box have to be so big?? )
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.