First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Religion a cause for World ills?, or a spiritual refuge that ascertain existence
welook 
10479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 10/29/08
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/29/08
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRAB A SHOTGUN AND START KILLING THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/29/08



"the world would be a better place without ignorant, self defeating, illogical, baseless, hypocritical,biased, and ultimately foolish beliefs and statements like that.With such logic, the same could be said about science, music, martial arts and pretty much ne thing humans put thier hands on..."

Science has helped the world way more that religion has. medical science accomplishes more then one of "gods miracles" ever will, god doesn't heal people, god cannot heal people, medicine heals people.

""If you need "god" to do anything, your a fucking moron who is truly incapable of being independent, people would be much better off without "god" as there would be less conflicts and much less disagreements would occur. Since man created the concept of "God", man should also destroy the concept of "god" as well. The world would overall be a much better place without god in the long run"

So all religious people r morons? is that what you r saying?How many truly independent people live in your society?...cause in America there r relativly few...like 3% of the population...How do you define dependent on God?"

No not all religious people are morons, only the ones the rely on god to get through the day, the ones who are truly incapable of getting through a day without "god".

""to be honest the world would be a much better place if man never invented the concept of "God" and thus many religions would have never been created. "

and how so? care to explain? or are all of your statements baseless and have no evidence to support them?...
War, ne thing that humans cause/ create is a human invention in its self...If we truly created all of our problems with religion, then without religion we would still create the same problems with something else.The only way to rid the world and humans of all of our problems is to wipe us out.As long as there r humans, there will be war, death, destruction,creation, life,peace, sound, silence, ect...Religion didnt cause/ create these things, we did. Long b4 organized religion all of this happened, just on a smaller scale. As the population increased, it just happened on a larger scale. Look at cavemen and thier society.Look at secular societies. Havnt they had the same issues we r faced with today?do some research and get back to me...."

You said it yourself, people invaded other lands to gain more land for "god" which would mean lots of people died during that invasion.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/29/08

JJT2 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

Well i read a new's article in Mclaiin's magazine about a new movement blaming all the World's ills on Religion which in this century really is interconnected to society.




lmao, just as Americans blame all of the shit that happens on Eminem and rap music...and i live in a secular society, so that has nothing to do with my ill's...peace over war


Ok, first off Eminem is a fucking dumbass who makes downright horrible music. So blaming an idiot accomplishes absolutely nothing. Rap music in general is downright pointless and stupid, well at least the new crap is, some of the old hip hop was actually decent and used actual words. And as for me, i dont care what kinda society I live in or what is and isnt socially acceptable, i will be who i am and say what i want regardless if its socialy acceptable or not. I have a right to free speach, so ima use it. i dont care if kids, parents, general idiots are around. But most of our problems come from the people themselves, and then they try to blame it on the president or someone with high political power, when these people arent responsible for the things people say they are. Most of the people being blamed have nothing to do with the issuse they are being blamed for, and this is mostly because americans are fucking idiots who dont wanna take responsibility for there own problems so they blame in on someone else, which usually just makes the problem worse.


"most of our problems come from the people themselves"
"Most of the people being blamed have nothing to do with the issuse they are being blamed for, and this is mostly because [people] who dont wanna take responsibility for there own problems so they blame in on someone else, which usually just makes the problem worse."
i agree with this watered down, non biased, edited quotes 100%.Cant these beliefs coincide with your beliefs on religion?Doesnt the same basic princible apply to all things in life?the ultimate word in all of this is "people" nothing created by humans moves/works without people. Everything on this Earth that humans created is simply an extenion of the human being... not the human doing, not the human thinking, but the human being...peace over war


Its true that the american people as a whole are a bunch of fucking idiots. All we do is blame out issues on people who have nothing to do with these issues. It pisses me off when I look at this, like how they fall for Obamas and McCains bullshit, they fucking think Obama is a god, and would build a church and warship him if he asked them to. Personally i think Obama is a huge fucking inexperienced idiot. McCain has more experience but is in the same boat as Obama.
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 10/29/08

Allhailodin wrote:




"the world would be a better place without ignorant, self defeating, illogical, baseless, hypocritical,biased, and ultimately foolish beliefs and statements like that.With such logic, the same could be said about science, music, martial arts and pretty much ne thing humans put thier hands on..."

Science has helped the world way more that religion has. medical science accomplishes more then one of "gods miracles" ever will, god doesn't heal people, god cannot heal people, medicine heals people.

""If you need "god" to do anything, your a fucking moron who is truly incapable of being independent, people would be much better off without "god" as there would be less conflicts and much less disagreements would occur. Since man created the concept of "God", man should also destroy the concept of "god" as well. The world would overall be a much better place without god in the long run"

So all religious people r morons? is that what you r saying?How many truly independent people live in your society?...cause in America there r relativly few...like 3% of the population...How do you define dependent on God?"

No not all religious people are morons, only the ones the rely on god to get through the day, the ones who are truly incapable of getting through a day without "god".

""to be honest the world would be a much better place if man never invented the concept of "God" and thus many religions would have never been created. "

and how so? care to explain? or are all of your statements baseless and have no evidence to support them?...
War, ne thing that humans cause/ create is a human invention in its self...If we truly created all of our problems with religion, then without religion we would still create the same problems with something else.The only way to rid the world and humans of all of our problems is to wipe us out.As long as there r humans, there will be war, death, destruction,creation, life,peace, sound, silence, ect...Religion didnt cause/ create these things, we did. Long b4 organized religion all of this happened, just on a smaller scale. As the population increased, it just happened on a larger scale. Look at cavemen and thier society.Look at secular societies. Havnt they had the same issues we r faced with today?do some research and get back to me...."

You said it yourself, people invaded other lands to gain more land for "god" which would mean lots of people died during that invasion.



"Science has helped the world way more that religion has. medical science accomplishes more then one of "gods miracles" ever will, god doesn't heal people, god cannot heal people, medicine heals people."
thats just an opinion, and i dont like to use the example im about to use, because it contridicts everything i stand for.

examples- what about guns? global warming?dependacy on technology? nuclear missiles? bombs? diseases and animals extinctions? political "science"? currupt politicians, currupt business men? and currupt businesses? obesity? currupt food companies? ect. WWI? WWII? holocausts? Hitler? gas chambers?ect?

couldnt i blame a lot more of the world's problems on science using your logic? how many people have died because of your inventions and weapons of war and mass destruction? how many shuttles blew up on the way to the moon? how many cars have crashed? how many killed because of fires and nuclear spills and leaks caused by nuclear plants?and what about your medical science? i could say you ultimatly create medicines to heal the people you harmed/killed in the first place, how hypocritical is that?

i could go on all day...i could even share the positive aspects of religion and its ideal morality it teaches, because thats the main purpose of religion, not to "heal" people, or explain the unexplainable, science doesnt teach morality....but i dont like going back and forth with this foolish logic. Because ne smart individual knows that is an arguement that will never end. All positive/ negative things r not caused by science/religion/ect. Its people.People use those medical science tools to heal people. They dont do shit themselves. Same with the Bible. The bible doesnt do a thing along. It just sits there, it's the people who pick it up and do things with it.Its about the "people" who change the world, not the methods.

"You said it yourself, people invaded other lands to gain more land for "god" which would mean lots of people died during that invasion"

People invaded lands to gain more land for themselves and other things, they just found glory in God with their actions, what does God need land for?Religion was a mask to hide deeper more primitive truths.Religion was never the base of these wars,just a justification for causing them.Without religion the same wars would have happened just for the glory of there kingdom.When Europeans came to the New World, they killed the Natives because they werent Chrsitian.When the Natives were converted to Christians, the Europeans killed them for being Natives.When Americans brought slaves from Africa, they justified it with the Bible,When that excuse no longer had ne wieght, they used Darwin's "survival of the fittest" theory to justify the inferiority of men.
Ultimatly the same objective was achieved, with ot without religion. Which means people never based the belief off of religion to begin with. peace over war
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 10/29/08

welook wrote:



your point? or does this picture represent your point?because that picture looks a little retared and stupid to me peace over war
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 10/29/08

MCMXCI wrote:

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRAB A SHOTGUN AND START KILLING THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


so if u cant blame the Jews ne more you blame the christians? and i still havnt figured out what the Jews did to be blamed for all of the world's problem let alone christians you extremists make this world an interesting place peace over war
6509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/29/08
Religion is a sign of human weakness. Ask yourself:

1) Can you truly be certain that God exists?
2) Do you really need God?
3) Can you prove that God has done anything for you? Practically speaking, humans have achieved many things individually and working together.
4) Why do you go to your religious congregations? What do you get from praying. How can you be certain that you're not wasting time when you can be doing something that is fun and enjoyable. If anyone says that going to church or wherever you pray and such is fun is a really, really boring person (Ex. Ned Flanders from The Simpsons).
5) Can you prove that there is a HEAVEN and a HELL? I'm not gonna get into how the concept of Hell is a part of religious coercion. To me, its a fear tactic that religious leaders and members use to recruit more members and get members of other religions to convert.
6) Does Satan exist? What is Satan? Basically a rebel and a trailblazer in Muslim, Christian, and Jewish scripture. Where would our society be without those kind of thinkers. Pretty much a fascist and run regime. And pretty boring might I add. You can't really argue that he is purely evil. More like a self-absorbed douche-bag with a lot of insecurities so he has to cause problems for other people to make himself feel better. That pretty much describes how the douche-bags of the world act. However, I do agree with his wanting to liberate himself from God. Some people don't like submission and slavery. Taking it into moderation, rebellion is a good thing. It influenced many aspects of the world in positive ways. But rebellion can screw things up. Remember people: moderation is key.

I know I answered some of my questions but you can see how you can interpret religious teaching and scripture into a more practical and philosophical form. The Bible, Qu'ran, and etc have one thing in common. They both have values, morals, and how to deal with douche-bags and bad situations. But don't limit yourself to scripture there are other books out there that are more philosophically based that do not spout things of God and such preposterous things like angels. Religious scriptures have some cute little stories of the good and evil. But I think those things like angels and miracles are meant to be interpreted as poetic metaphors.

You want to see a miracle. Be a miracle for someone. Cliche. I know. But its true.

Lastly, stop looking for "God" to save and protect you. You're strong enough on your own and you're even better when working with a team. You'd be surprised of how much strength you wield when you really look in yourself. I admit some people are weak. They need help. They need the strong to left them up and teach them about what it means to be strong. Yeah, yeah there are people that are gonna argue that religious organizations have done so much good in the world. That is irrelevant because they can just as easily come together without a religious calling as a premise for their good deeds (ex. Doctors without borders, Green Peaces, NGOs, etc).

So I'm gonna end of with a quote from a movie whose name I can't remember.

"Its a good book. But its not the only book."
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/29/08

JJT2 wrote:


MCMXCI wrote:

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRAB A SHOTGUN AND START KILLING THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


so if u cant blame the Jews ne more you blame the christians? and i still havnt figured out what the Jews did to be blamed for all of the world's problem let alone christians you extremists make this world an interesting place peace over war


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!
Did you even bother to look at my avatar pic, why the hell would I have a cross if I wasnt Christian?
Its called Sarcasm

4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

MCMXCI wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


MCMXCI wrote:

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRAB A SHOTGUN AND START KILLING THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


so if u cant blame the Jews ne more you blame the christians? and i still havnt figured out what the Jews did to be blamed for all of the world's problem let alone christians you extremists make this world an interesting place peace over war


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!
Did you even bother to look at my avatar pic, why the hell would I have a cross if I wasnt Christian?
Its called Sarcasm



the Ku Klux Klan also uses a cross...peace over war
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

angelseraphim wrote:

Religion is a sign of human weakness. Ask yourself:

1) Can you truly be certain that God exists?
2) Do you really need God?
3) Can you prove that God has done anything for you? Practically speaking, humans have achieved many things individually and working together.
4) Why do you go to your religious congregations? What do you get from praying. How can you be certain that you're not wasting time when you can be doing something that is fun and enjoyable. If anyone says that going to church or wherever you pray and such is fun is a really, really boring person (Ex. Ned Flanders from The Simpsons).
5) Can you prove that there is a HEAVEN and a HELL? I'm not gonna get into how the concept of Hell is a part of religious coercion. To me, its a fear tactic that religious leaders and members use to recruit more members and get members of other religions to convert.
6) Does Satan exist? What is Satan? Basically a rebel and a trailblazer in Muslim, Christian, and Jewish scripture. Where would our society be without those kind of thinkers. Pretty much a fascist and run regime. And pretty boring might I add. You can't really argue that he is purely evil. More like a self-absorbed douche-bag with a lot of insecurities so he has to cause problems for other people to make himself feel better. That pretty much describes how the douche-bags of the world act. However, I do agree with his wanting to liberate himself from God. Some people don't like submission and slavery. Taking it into moderation, rebellion is a good thing. It influenced many aspects of the world in positive ways. But rebellion can screw things up. Remember people: moderation is key.

I know I answered some of my questions but you can see how you can interpret religious teaching and scripture into a more practical and philosophical form. The Bible, Qu'ran, and etc have one thing in common. They both have values, morals, and how to deal with douche-bags and bad situations. But don't limit yourself to scripture there are other books out there that are more philosophically based that do not spout things of God and such preposterous things like angels. Religious scriptures have some cute little stories of the good and evil. But I think those things like angels and miracles are meant to be interpreted as poetic metaphors.

You want to see a miracle. Be a miracle for someone. Cliche. I know. But its true.

Lastly, stop looking for "God" to save and protect you. You're strong enough on your own and you're even better when working with a team. You'd be surprised of how much strength you wield when you really look in yourself. I admit some people are weak. They need help. They need the strong to left them up and teach them about what it means to be strong. Yeah, yeah there are people that are gonna argue that religious organizations have done so much good in the world. That is irrelevant because they can just as easily come together without a religious calling as a premise for their good deeds (ex. Doctors without borders, Green Peaces, NGOs, etc).

So I'm gonna end of with a quote from a movie whose name I can't remember.

"Its a good book. But its not the only book."



"Religion is a sign of human weakness"
depends on how you use it.And i believe ignorance is a sign of human weakness.As well as unacceptence.

1)no
2)depends on your definition of "need" as for me, yes, but in a positive way, not in some foolish, hypocritical,childish way.
3)depends on perspective...i can say God works through people individually and together.
4)so many reasons- friends, family, culture, community service, sports, ect. praying does is a way to affirm our beliefs.Church can be fun and enjoyable depending on the church and the people that go there.Also religous people dont see thier time as being wasted- once again, perspective.
5)no u cant prove heaven and hell.Some people teach religion as a scare tactic, but not all.It was never meant to be taught that way-those early Europeans screwed everything about the Bible up.That was never what Jesus intended.
6)Im not sure what Saton is either...maybe he was a guy that got defeated a long time ago...people tend to blame everything on Saton...but we know thats just a copout for the real issue.Humans love to point fingers and never attempt to see thier own faults.
God doesnt use summision and slavery- those r human concepts.Just as Americans taught them selves how to see thier master/servent relationship as boss/help. Christians tend to look at God in a similar fasion father/children.


"I know I answered some of my questions but you can see how you can interpret religious teaching and scripture into a more practical and philosophical form. The Bible, Qu'ran, and etc have one thing in common. They both have values, morals, and how to deal with douche-bags and bad situations. But don't limit yourself to scripture there are other books out there that are more philosophically based that do not spout things of God and such preposterous things like angels. Religious scriptures have some cute little stories of the good and evil. But I think those things like angels and miracles are meant to be interpreted as poetic metaphors."

You can interpret the bible ne way you want to. No one is trying to limit you to anything.Every Chrsitian interprets the Bible differently- thats why there r so many denominations.all about perspective.What you see as illogical can be seen as logical by another man.

"You want to see a miracle. Be a miracle for someone. Cliche. I know. But its true."
Thats what Chrsitians are supposed to do.In my beliefs God works through people,for many possible reasons.

"Lastly, stop looking for "God" to save and protect you. You're strong enough on your own and you're even better when working with a team. You'd be surprised of how much strength you wield when you really look in yourself. I admit some people are weak. They need help. They need the strong to left them up and teach them about what it means to be strong. Yeah, yeah there are people that are gonna argue that religious organizations have done so much good in the world. That is irrelevant because they can just as easily come together without a religious calling as a premise for their good deeds (ex. Doctors without borders, Green Peaces, NGOs, etc).

So I'm gonna end of with a quote from a movie whose name I can't remember.

"Its a good book. But its not the only book.""

Not all Chrsitians are taught to "leave each and every single thing to God". When a child is sick, take it to the doctor and pray on the way there. Native Americans say something similar to this- when your boat is heading toward the rocks, row away from the boat while praying.God is not meant to be called upon in such a "dependent" way. There is a story in the Bible that says that Jesus was standing on a cliff. Saton came up to him and said that he should jump off, because since he's the son of God, God will catch him. Jesus replied to Saton that God should not be tested in such a way. It was disrespecful...or something like that.

Ne way that story depics the conventional way of leaving everything to God.You should only leave things you have no control over to God.And God can help you with the rest of the things u can do yourself. There is also another story in the bible that says something like God doesnt want us to be dependent on him in that way because that would mean that without God we would all die out.In a way this can be interpreted to God protecting us...perspective.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise.Seek what they sought."-Matsuo Basho

peace over war







10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/08 , edited 10/30/08

Bleachloverf wrote:

Well i read a new's article in Mclain's magazine about a new movement blaming all the World's ills on Religion which in this century really is interconnected to society.




Actually this movement has been around since antiquity. It’s not new it’s jus something that we’re suddenly concerned with.
25644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/08 , edited 10/30/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

Well i read a new's article in Mclain's magazine about a new movement blaming all the World's ills on Religion which in this century really is interconnected to society.




Actually this movement has been around since antiquity. It’s not new it’s jus something that we’re suddenly concerned with.


It's was the article that attested to the movement.I never made any predialections that it was a new movement. Your right movements of anti-monotheism have been deeply rooted in the renaissance era, even before that during the Ming Dynasty Era. With philosophical ideals such as Confuscionism.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
36005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/08 , edited 10/30/08
Actually, you would find that sin causes the worlds ills what I mean by that is the sins people commit like cheating (political corruption) murder (Like what Hitler did to the Jews and Stalin to his own people) selfishness (people being swindled) Lust (STD's and AIDs being spread by sexual immorality) the list could go on. All of mans problems can be traced back to sin.
Posted 10/30/08
^ and sin is caused by god's creation. how wonderful
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.