First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Religion a cause for World ills?, or a spiritual refuge that ascertain existence
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

makix wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:

Religion adds to the world's ills.

So does the economy.

And social divisions.

And racism.

And history.

And governments.

And technology.

So it's one out of a hundred different things.



Religion is an ideology that penetrates multiple fields of influence, such as Government, technology, racism, etc.
History is the study of the past that involves studying facts and events through several social institutions which involve activist groups, government, etc.

Your point is inaccurate. But I'll give you a B+ for effort.


depends on what religion and what government we r talking about here. and what time period.government, technology, racism, ect. can stand on its own with out help from religion. which is used as a scapegoat most of the time.

and did u know some religions r against government,technology,racism, ect.? but he does have a point, u cant accuratly blame all of the world ills on religion. and u can accuratly prove religion influences every field of study and thus justify it that way.not saying religion doesnt have its bad sides, but as a single cause for world wide issues is extreme.and correlating it to everything on the planet is even more extreme. because correalation does not immply causesation. peace over war
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

JJT2 wrote:


xeereex wrote:

Religion a cause for World ills?
What a bunch of ignorants!


religion is just being used as a scape goat so everyone can aggree on who to blame. Hitler did the same tactic for Germany in WW2. He blamed all of the Germans problems on Jews.So now everyone wants to blame all the worlds issues on Christians. "History never repeats itself, but it does tend to ryme"-Mark Twain

peace over war


I'm afraid they will start going to kill religious people again.
4302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 3/18/09

xeereex wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


xeereex wrote:

Religion a cause for World ills?
What a bunch of ignorants!


religion is just being used as a scape goat so everyone can aggree on who to blame. Hitler did the same tactic for Germany in WW2. He blamed all of the Germans problems on Jews.So now everyone wants to blame all the worlds issues on Christians. "History never repeats itself, but it does tend to ryme"-Mark Twain

peace over war


I'm afraid they will start going to kill religious people again.


dont be afraid, just learn how to defend yourself. then we can have honor bouts where the loser commits suicide, therefore no one has to be afraid of death peace over war
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/30/09
humans are always doing the blame game but they don't blame themselves...
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/09 , edited 4/30/09
If it wasn't for "religion" the world would be non-existent. God created the universe and if it wasn't for Jesus dying on the cross no man could be forgiven of their sins that bind them to hell. People can abuse religion, but ultimately if it wasn't for Jesus the world would be in a much worse state and all humanity would be destined for hell.

On a side note, I think people blame religion for the world's problems because they don't want to admit their wrongs and it's an easy scapegoat/way to push forward an atheistic worldview. Christianity, Islam, and many other religions do not support violence and teach submission to God. Crazy clerics and theocratic governments abuse teachings and try and use it as a means to justify world domination/hating another group of people. The root of all the world's problems lie within individuals making wrong choices and living violently and immoral.
1231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Uraharas bacement...
Offline
Posted 5/1/09 , edited 5/1/09
The problam is church(i.e. religius groups) not religion but people don't understand they difference

and any way I don't think the last major wars where religios related it was government related
but the goverment blamed religius groups for government problam

also in modern wars it's impossible to no whether you are the good guys or the bad guys
Posted 5/1/09
Religion has nothing to do with the world's problems, that just doesn't make sense.
People don't want to own up to what they've done.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/1/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Religion has nothing to do with the world's problems, that just doesn't make sense.
People don't want to own up to what they've done.


Oh? then what about the tens of millions of people tortured and slaughtered in "gods name", religion has caused lots of the worlds problems and it continues to do so today.
Posted 5/1/09 , edited 5/1/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Religion has nothing to do with the world's problems, that just doesn't make sense.
People don't want to own up to what they've done.


Oh? then what about the tens of millions of people tortured and slaughtered in "gods name", religion has caused lots of the worlds problems and it continues to do so today.


Religion is probably part of the problem, but not the whole thing. There are lots of others.
I don't see how it's God's fault that all those people were tortured and killed.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/1/09

Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Religion has nothing to do with the world's problems, that just doesn't make sense.
People don't want to own up to what they've done.


Oh? then what about the tens of millions of people tortured and slaughtered in "gods name", religion has caused lots of the worlds problems and it continues to do so today.


Religion is probably part of the problem, but not the whole thing. There are lots of others.
I don't see how it's God's fault that all those people were tortured and killed.


Ah, but they used god in order to kill those people, because of differences in religion, so you can't say religion is totally innocent here.
Posted 5/1/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

Religion has nothing to do with the world's problems, that just doesn't make sense.
People don't want to own up to what they've done.


Oh? then what about the tens of millions of people tortured and slaughtered in "gods name", religion has caused lots of the worlds problems and it continues to do so today.


Religion is probably part of the problem, but not the whole thing. There are lots of others.
I don't see how it's God's fault that all those people were tortured and killed.


Ah, but they used god in order to kill those people, because of differences in religion, so you can't say religion is totally innocent here.


People have used pleanty of things in order to kill people.
I've changed my statement, religion is part of the problem, but it isn't the only thing.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

xeereex wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


xeereex wrote:

Religion a cause for World ills?
What a bunch of ignorants!


religion is just being used as a scape goat so everyone can aggree on who to blame. Hitler did the same tactic for Germany in WW2. He blamed all of the Germans problems on Jews.So now everyone wants to blame all the worlds issues on Christians. "History never repeats itself, but it does tend to ryme"-Mark Twain

peace over war


I'm afraid they will start going to kill religious people again.


Should not the be afraid, being that religious people been killing Athiest for as long as there been religion.
At that Christianity No better, burning many people as witchis because they did not believe in God.

600 young girls and mothers in a single town in Germany. (and that was just one of the towns.)
America also had the same witch trials.

How can those be blamed on anything other than Religion.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


xeereex wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


xeereex wrote:

Religion a cause for World ills?
What a bunch of ignorants!


religion is just being used as a scape goat so everyone can aggree on who to blame. Hitler did the same tactic for Germany in WW2. He blamed all of the Germans problems on Jews.So now everyone wants to blame all the worlds issues on Christians. "History never repeats itself, but it does tend to ryme"-Mark Twain

peace over war


I'm afraid they will start going to kill religious people again.


Should not the be afraid, being that religious people been killing Athiest for as long as there been religion.
At that Christianity No better, burning many people as witchis because they did not believe in God.

600 young girls and mothers in a single town in Germany. (and that was just one of the towns.)
America also had the same witch trials.

How can those be blamed on anything other than Religion.


We can blame those on the stupidity people had. Today we have Christians that don't burn any witches and don't hate atheists. So what's the difference between those back then and the ones today? It's not religion. Therefore you can't blame religion for those things.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09 , edited 5/2/09

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


xeereex wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


xeereex wrote:

Religion a cause for World ills?
What a bunch of ignorants!


religion is just being used as a scape goat so everyone can aggree on who to blame. Hitler did the same tactic for Germany in WW2. He blamed all of the Germans problems on Jews.So now everyone wants to blame all the worlds issues on Christians. "History never repeats itself, but it does tend to ryme"-Mark Twain

peace over war


I'm afraid they will start going to kill religious people again.


Should not the be afraid, being that religious people been killing Athiest for as long as there been religion.
At that Christianity No better, burning many people as witchis because they did not believe in God.

600 young girls and mothers in a single town in Germany. (and that was just one of the towns.)
America also had the same witch trials.

How can those be blamed on anything other than Religion.


We can blame those on the stupidity people had. Today we have Christians that don't burn any witches and don't hate atheists. So what's the difference between those back then and the ones today? It's not religion. Therefore you can't blame religion for those things.


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.


Not religion, so it was not there religion.... last I looked in the bible murder and killing is common grounds. " Its not hard to flip through the bible and at random close eyes and pick a page... And end up with some killing of people, or intire cities for there lack of belief in a god, or so. SO I think those people are there religion, and those people of today that don't kill non-believers are not real Christians.
But thats my opinion.
17044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dreamland
Offline
Posted 5/2/09
World ills? Caused by religion? I wonder if they have minds. Their wrongdoings, they put the blame on others instead. what a pitiful bunch of people
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.