Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Religion a cause for World ills?, or a spiritual refuge that ascertain existence
Posted 5/2/09
i guess Religion is related with every and each part of life ~ but i don't think it cause the world ills ~
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.


But it wasn't the religion itself doing the killing. I think we tend to judge religion as if it was a human being, thinking that it has killed people or causes world problems. People kill because it is human nature. Humanity has had wars over land, racial ethnicity, nationality, greed, and even over insults to and from the rulers of nations. Wars usually start because one group of people hate the other for various reasons, religion is one of those various reasons (unless the religion blatantly teaches that the people are to kill, then its the fault of whomever created the religion).
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 5/2/09
I like how the thread starter didn't even give us the article.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.


But it wasn't the religion itself doing the killing. I think we tend to judge religion as if it was a human being, thinking that it has killed people or causes world problems. People kill because it is human nature. Humanity has had wars over land, racial ethnicity, nationality, greed, and even over insults to and from the rulers of nations. Wars usually start because one group of people hate the other for various reasons, religion is one of those various reasons (unless the religion blatantly teaches that the people are to kill, then its the fault of whomever created the religion).


Nah, religion isn't innocent, neither is christanity, christans have slaughtered people too. So you can't say religion is innocent.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.


But it wasn't the religion itself doing the killing. I think we tend to judge religion as if it was a human being, thinking that it has killed people or causes world problems. People kill because it is human nature. Humanity has had wars over land, racial ethnicity, nationality, greed, and even over insults to and from the rulers of nations. Wars usually start because one group of people hate the other for various reasons, religion is one of those various reasons (unless the religion blatantly teaches that the people are to kill, then its the fault of whomever created the religion).


Nah, religion isn't innocent, neither is christanity, christans have slaughtered people too. So you can't say religion is innocent.


I can when Christianity says not to murder. Wars aren't always sinful, but murder is (there is a line between murder and self defense). Jesus never killed anyone and He didn't advocate government overthrow (when people asked Him to destroy the oppressive Roman Empire). Christianity is innocent. However, Christians aren't.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09 , edited 5/2/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.


But it wasn't the religion itself doing the killing. I think we tend to judge religion as if it was a human being, thinking that it has killed people or causes world problems. People kill because it is human nature. Humanity has had wars over land, racial ethnicity, nationality, greed, and even over insults to and from the rulers of nations. Wars usually start because one group of people hate the other for various reasons, religion is one of those various reasons (unless the religion blatantly teaches that the people are to kill, then its the fault of whomever created the religion).


Nah, religion isn't innocent, neither is christanity, christans have slaughtered people too. So you can't say religion is innocent.


I can when Christianity says not to murder. Wars aren't always sinful, but murder is (there is a line between murder and self defense). Jesus never killed anyone and He didn't advocate government overthrow (when people asked Him to destroy the oppressive Roman Empire). Christianity is innocent. However, Christians aren't.


Oh ? You say that even tho in your very own holy book it says you should kill anyone(man ?) who works on the sabbath, Which is advocating murder if i'm not mistaken, so no christianity isn't innocent, its very own holy book is advocating murder, slavery, stoning people to death, so again christianity isn't innocent, nice try tho.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


yet today we still have religous people sending there kids to religous camps teaching them to be solders for God afenst the non believers. Today we have people in office that addmit there looking ahead hopefully for the end of the world and the 2nd comming of god.
And as we know you still have to point out your religious to even have a chance of getting into office in America. It matters not what you stand for.




And we also have religious people who are against all of that. So you can't the religion as much as the people.


Yeah, but religion isn't totally innocent here, millions of people have been killed due to differences in religion, people have used religion as a tool to make soldiers, people have used religion as an excuse to slaughter people, religion isn't innocent, religion is a cause for some of the worlds problems, has been for a long time now, so you can't say religion is innocent at all.


But it wasn't the religion itself doing the killing. I think we tend to judge religion as if it was a human being, thinking that it has killed people or causes world problems. People kill because it is human nature. Humanity has had wars over land, racial ethnicity, nationality, greed, and even over insults to and from the rulers of nations. Wars usually start because one group of people hate the other for various reasons, religion is one of those various reasons (unless the religion blatantly teaches that the people are to kill, then its the fault of whomever created the religion).


Nah, religion isn't innocent, neither is christanity, christans have slaughtered people too. So you can't say religion is innocent.


I can when Christianity says not to murder. Wars aren't always sinful, but murder is (there is a line between murder and self defense). Jesus never killed anyone and He didn't advocate government overthrow (when people asked Him to destroy the oppressive Roman Empire). Christianity is innocent. However, Christians aren't.


Oh ? You say that even tho in your very own holy book it says you should kill anyone(man ?) who works on the sabbath, Which is advocating murder if i'm not mistaken, so no christianity isn't innocent, its very own holy book is advocating murder, slavery, stoning people to death, so again christianity isn't innocent, nice try tho.


It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.

10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09 , edited 5/2/09

digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.


put to death = death penatly =/= murder.

And that law was instated temporarily to prevent a rebellion when Israel was being established. Any sin basically had the death penalty because God did not want sin running rampant in Israel. Men were allowed to repent, but those who rebelled were put to death, not murdered. Not all killing equals murder.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.


put to death = death penatly =/= murder.

And that law was instated temporarily to prevent a rebellion when Israel was being established. Any sin basically had the death penalty because God did not want sin running rampant in Israel. Men were allowed to repent, but those who rebelled were put to death, not murdered. Not all killing equals murder.


Your god is sadastic
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.


put to death = death penatly =/= murder.

And that law was instated temporarily to prevent a rebellion when Israel was being established. Any sin basically had the death penalty because God did not want sin running rampant in Israel. Men were allowed to repent, but those who rebelled were put to death, not murdered. Not all killing equals murder.


Your god is sadastic


My God is Love and Just Essentially the people killed themselves, they knew these laws and chose to commit the crime, and in some instances when they were asked to repent they would lie and make things worse. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.
Eze 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
Eze 18:24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.
Eze 18:25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die.
Eze 18:27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life.
Eze 18:28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
Eze 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.


put to death = death penatly =/= murder.

And that law was instated temporarily to prevent a rebellion when Israel was being established. Any sin basically had the death penalty because God did not want sin running rampant in Israel. Men were allowed to repent, but those who rebelled were put to death, not murdered. Not all killing equals murder.


Your god is sadastic


My God is Love and Just Essentially the people killed themselves, they knew these laws and chose to commit the crime, and in some instances when they were asked to repent they would lie and make things worse. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.
Eze 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
Eze 18:24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.
Eze 18:25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die.
Eze 18:27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life.
Eze 18:28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
Eze 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!



That means nothing. Nothing at all. Your god could totally be a sadist, and is simply lying to you, besides the words of the bible can't possibly come from your god, a human wrote them, not to mention based on its past actions it solution to most problems is to kill the problem in a horrible manner. So why would it simply kill instead of trying to find a peacefsul solution ? Because its far easier perhaps ? then your god is lazy, because it gets off on it ? then your god is sadastic. If your god was truly about peace and love, then it would try to find a peaceful and positive solution to problems instead of simply killing and slaughtering everyone. Plus how many people has your god MADE suffer on purpose ? Lots, it's caused famine, droughts, ect, all of those make people suffer, so a "peaceful and loving and caring god" wouldn't do stuff like that, now would it ? So the logical conclusion to come to is your god enjoys doing messed up shit to people and enjoys killing things. Which it obviously does.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/09

Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


digs wrote:

It never says to kill people who work on the Sabbath >_> In fact Jesus worked on the Sabbath to show the Jews that it's about focusing on God and not on rituals/regulations. The Bible never advocates murder in any instance. It advocates the death penalty but not murder.



Yes it does :

Ex. 35: 2-3 : Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Put to death = Killing = Murder.

Deny that.


put to death = death penatly =/= murder.

And that law was instated temporarily to prevent a rebellion when Israel was being established. Any sin basically had the death penalty because God did not want sin running rampant in Israel. Men were allowed to repent, but those who rebelled were put to death, not murdered. Not all killing equals murder.


Your god is sadastic


My God is Love and Just Essentially the people killed themselves, they knew these laws and chose to commit the crime, and in some instances when they were asked to repent they would lie and make things worse. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.
Eze 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
Eze 18:24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.
Eze 18:25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die.
Eze 18:27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life.
Eze 18:28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die.
Eze 18:29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
Eze 18:30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
Eze 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!



That means nothing. Nothing at all. Your god could totally be a sadist, and is simply lying to you, besides the words of the bible can't possibly come from your god, a human wrote them, not to mention based on its past actions it solution to most problems is to kill the problem in a horrible manner. So why would it simply kill instead of trying to find a peacefsul solution ? Because its far easier perhaps ? then your god is lazy, because it gets off on it ? then your god is sadastic. If your god was truly about peace and love, then it would try to find a peaceful and positive solution to problems instead of simply killing and slaughtering everyone. Plus how many people has your god MADE suffer on purpose ? Lots, it's caused famine, droughts, ect, all of those make people suffer, so a "peaceful and loving and caring god" wouldn't do stuff like that, now would it ? So the logical conclusion to come to is your god enjoys doing messed up shit to people and enjoys killing things. Which it obviously does.


It means everything, it's God laying out how He feels about sin and death. The Words of the Bible do come from God and are compiled by those He has directed to write. The Bible is Holy Spirit inspired. If you are going to judge God as a sadist based on what is in a few passages of the Bible, then you should also weigh in all the other verses as well in your judgment.

God is not lazy, He did offer a peaceful and free solution by sacrificing all He had through Jesus. All we have to do is repent of our sins in Jesus Name and we are forgiven. God does offer peaceful solutions, but He also punishes sin. God is slow to anger and offers many chances to repent of the sins that are destroying us and this world. Eventually those sins get punished, and we act like deer in the headlights and blame our problems on the One who is trying to stop them. If there was no sin then there would be no need for solutions to problems because sin is the cause of all "problems." God enacted those punishments so that people would turn from sin, and when they wouldn't they were judged. A sadistic God does not degrade Himself to human form, live among humans, get mocked, beaten, insulted, crucified, and rejected by the very creatures He is Loving with all His Heart and trying to save from their own ignorance and wickedness. God is Love, and He Loves the world enough to punish sin and get us to turn to the way that will lead us to eternal life and peace. Not to mention peace on earth as well if we were to only turn to Him.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.