First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Spreading The Gospel
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 5/24/08 , edited 5/24/08
Yes this is another religion thread.
Before you post comments, please kindly hear what I have to say.

As we know that Christians, are supposed to spread the gospel, to reach out to the non-Christians and so on.
So here's my question, according to the bible, people who do not accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour goes to hell. That is why Christians share the gospel to non-believers.

But what about people living in non- reachable places, like rural areas. I'm sure that they have not heard of the gospel. Does that mean that when they die, they go to hell for not accepting Christ? But they hadn't a chance to hear about it.

Some people might say that God is a merciful God. But if it is so, then Christians would become lazy to share the gospel so that nobody would have heard of it and the chances of people being saved might be higher.

Here's my second question. What about children? Or the mentally disabled? They for once have no opinion on what is right and wrong. Will they go to hell too if the parents of a child are non-Christians? Or is God a merciful God?

Please state your opinions on this and try not to put down other people or insult any other religions.

If this thread is a duplicate, worthless, or going off topic, kindly remove it.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/24/08
The Bible says that God is merciful. For people who never knew about Salvaiton, the Bible says that God presents Himself in His amazing creation. If people are curious about God and want to know more, God will send someone or some way for people to learn about Him. The Holy Spirit convicts people.

I believe that children and aborted babies go to heaven. God is merciful. The Bible is somewhat vague about what happens if a young child dies, but it never states that they go to hell. Jesus even said "Let the little children come."
3824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / atlantis
Offline
Posted 5/24/08
im guessing by rural you mean like native tribes etc. even though im a hindu, if we look at it as a christian, then i would've thought that these people would have a chance to repent at the end, when the righteous and the sinful are separated (correct me if im talking crap here)

to the children thing, i think what digs said is right...in that jesus would save the children...
Posted 6/14/08
not another retard god thread!
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 6/14/08

SayoteRepublic wrote:

Use a bread knife to spread your jam


I'm not Christian,but that wasn't funny at all.
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
I would try to answer your questions from several points of view, however I will try to prevent controversy as well so here is my religious point of view in it.

To the first question, God is not hating anybody or condemning them to hell. Christian religions are explaining the belief in Jesus Christ as the savior yes, however it doesn't mean poor people are condemned because they don't know of Christ as you think. The first thing to say about it is that God is with everybody in spirit, specially with the poor people. Why you may ask? Because he looks after everybody and if you think about it that also includes the one that needs it the most (from a human point of view).

The non reachable places won't be a matter of the fact because, and I repeat myself according to the religion everybody will be judged when the time comes, meaning when they die, by God himself not by mankind. So they aren't guilty of ignorance because that is not a sin.

To the second question, children and mentally disabled people are innocent in the eyes of God. Everybody is supposed to be responsible of their own acts but also they have to be judged by their own decisions as well, how can a child, like you said it yourself, be responsible of something he/she isn't aware of? He/she can't. The acceptance of Christ in every person's heart is a personal decision, and Christians are not forcing anybody into it. Yes, there might be ill intentioned people who do stuff to try and give a bad name to Christians of any Christian religion, but that doesn't mean people have to take it for prejudice of a religion.

Just an advice I would like everybody to follow, this area was made for serious purpose. If you don't want to show how childish, unintelligent or ill mannered you are then don't post here.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 6/14/08

HayatellAyasaki wrote:

I would try to answer your questions from several points of view, however I will try to prevent controversy as well so here is my religious point of view in it.

To the first question, God is not hating anybody or condemning them to hell. Christian religions are explaining the belief in Jesus Christ as the savior yes, however it doesn't mean poor people are condemned because they don't know of Christ as you think. The first thing to say about it is that God is with everybody in spirit, specially with the poor people. Why you may ask? Because he looks after everybody and if you think about it that also includes the one that needs it the most (from a human point of view).

The non reachable places won't be a matter of the fact because, and I repeat myself according to the religion everybody will be judged when the time comes, meaning when they die, by God himself not by mankind. So they aren't guilty of ignorance because that is not a sin.
You are misrepresenting Christian doctrine badly. All humans are condemned to hell by original sin, which came about because of the fall. That was when Adam and Eve at the apple. All people will go to hell unless they accept Christ, which causes god to forgive them. All people are guilt in Christian teaching, so none of this "god will judge them" bull shit.




To the second question, children and mentally disabled people are innocent in the eyes of God. Everybody is supposed to be responsible of their own acts but also they have to be judged by their own decisions as well, how can a child, like you said it yourself, be responsible of something he/she isn't aware of? He/she can't.
This does not matter. If they can not accept Christ they have original sin and so are damned to hell.


The acceptance of Christ in every person's heart is a personal decision, and Christians are not forcing anybody into it. Yes, there might be ill intentioned people who do stuff to try and give a bad name to Christians of any Christian religion, but that doesn't mean people have to take it for prejudice of a religion.

Just an advice I would like everybody to follow, this area was made for serious purpose. If you don't want to show how childish, unintelligent or ill mannered you are then don't post here.

If you do not want to seem unintelligent don't lecture on a theology you do not seem to understand.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
Soooo... I'm guessing when I die I'll go to this "hell."
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

SayoteRepublic wrote:

Use a bread knife to spread your jam


are you an atheist???????
Posted 6/15/08
1. I do not believe that those who do not accept or cannot accept Jesus Christ will go to hell. If you refuse Him, then I think that will be a different story.

2. I believe that those who do not know God, or who has never heard of Him will go to hell. Instead, they should do what is right. Again, refusal is different from not knowing.

3. People who have never heard of Jesus, does not mean that they will not accept Him when they will have a chance to know about Him.

4. Christians have a duty - to live out the Gospel. Laziness is not acceptable even if we say God is merciful.

5. Knowing the Gospel, Jesus, or God does not save you from anything. You have to believe and do what you can for the benefit of all.

6. I believe that children and the mentally disabled are innocent in some way. If they do wrong, because they sin, then it is the duty of a parent or guardian to teach them what is right, or help them practice what is right.

7. I do not believe that just because a parent is non-Christian, then they will automatically go to hell. Just being a Christian does not save you, there is more to that.

This topic is not worhless.
Posted 6/15/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:

I would try to answer your questions from several points of view, however I will try to prevent controversy as well so here is my religious point of view in it.

To the first question, God is not hating anybody or condemning them to hell. Christian religions are explaining the belief in Jesus Christ as the savior yes, however it doesn't mean poor people are condemned because they don't know of Christ as you think. The first thing to say about it is that God is with everybody in spirit, specially with the poor people. Why you may ask? Because he looks after everybody and if you think about it that also includes the one that needs it the most (from a human point of view).

The non reachable places won't be a matter of the fact because, and I repeat myself according to the religion everybody will be judged when the time comes, meaning when they die, by God himself not by mankind. So they aren't guilty of ignorance because that is not a sin.
You are misrepresenting Christian doctrine badly. All humans are condemned to hell by original sin, which came about because of the fall. That was when Adam and Eve at the apple. All people will go to hell unless they accept Christ, which causes god to forgive them. All people are guilt in Christian teaching, so none of this "god will judge them" bull shit.




To the second question, children and mentally disabled people are innocent in the eyes of God. Everybody is supposed to be responsible of their own acts but also they have to be judged by their own decisions as well, how can a child, like you said it yourself, be responsible of something he/she isn't aware of? He/she can't.
This does not matter. If they can not accept Christ they have original sin and so are damned to hell.


The acceptance of Christ in every person's heart is a personal decision, and Christians are not forcing anybody into it. Yes, there might be ill intentioned people who do stuff to try and give a bad name to Christians of any Christian religion, but that doesn't mean people have to take it for prejudice of a religion.

Just an advice I would like everybody to follow, this area was made for serious purpose. If you don't want to show how childish, unintelligent or ill mannered you are then don't post here.

If you do not want to seem unintelligent don't lecture on a theology you do not seem to understand.


You say that if we accept Jesus then we will be forgiven. Acceptance does that mean that we believe. It means that we believe in such a way that we follow Jesus as our model - the way we treat others, ourselves, and of God.
We have been given the power to choose what we want - good or bad. Because of this choice, then I believe that there will be the Judgment of God. He will judge us, and bring us to where we ought to be someday. Earth is like a training ground where you have to do your best and not give up, and either heaven or hell is our destination.
I am not sure, but is this (judgment day) not stated in the book of Revelations?
Posted 6/15/08

Shinjy wrote:


OTAKUADDICT wrote:


Shinjy wrote:

not another retard god thread!


are u an atheist?????????


nahhh! u dnt say, ur mum is!


God is not a retard. Of course, that would mean anything related to Him, such as discussions, is not retard. We even discuss here, which means that we practice our minds, abilities, and beliefs - which is not at all "retard". Hmm...
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

emiems wrote:


YouAreDumb wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:

I would try to answer your questions from several points of view, however I will try to prevent controversy as well so here is my religious point of view in it.

To the first question, God is not hating anybody or condemning them to hell. Christian religions are explaining the belief in Jesus Christ as the savior yes, however it doesn't mean poor people are condemned because they don't know of Christ as you think. The first thing to say about it is that God is with everybody in spirit, specially with the poor people. Why you may ask? Because he looks after everybody and if you think about it that also includes the one that needs it the most (from a human point of view).

The non reachable places won't be a matter of the fact because, and I repeat myself according to the religion everybody will be judged when the time comes, meaning when they die, by God himself not by mankind. So they aren't guilty of ignorance because that is not a sin.
You are misrepresenting Christian doctrine badly. All humans are condemned to hell by original sin, which came about because of the fall. That was when Adam and Eve at the apple. All people will go to hell unless they accept Christ, which causes god to forgive them. All people are guilt in Christian teaching, so none of this "god will judge them" bull shit.




To the second question, children and mentally disabled people are innocent in the eyes of God. Everybody is supposed to be responsible of their own acts but also they have to be judged by their own decisions as well, how can a child, like you said it yourself, be responsible of something he/she isn't aware of? He/she can't.
This does not matter. If they can not accept Christ they have original sin and so are damned to hell.


The acceptance of Christ in every person's heart is a personal decision, and Christians are not forcing anybody into it. Yes, there might be ill intentioned people who do stuff to try and give a bad name to Christians of any Christian religion, but that doesn't mean people have to take it for prejudice of a religion.

Just an advice I would like everybody to follow, this area was made for serious purpose. If you don't want to show how childish, unintelligent or ill mannered you are then don't post here.

If you do not want to seem unintelligent don't lecture on a theology you do not seem to understand.


You say that if we accept Jesus then we will be forgiven. Acceptance does that mean that we believe. It means that we believe in such a way that we follow Jesus as our model - the way we treat others, ourselves, and of God.
You can accept Jesus unless you believe in him in Christian teaching.




We have been given the power to choose what we want - good or bad. Because of this choice, then I believe that there will be the Judgment of God. He will judge us, and bring us to where we ought to be someday. Earth is like a training ground where you have to do your best and not give up, and either heaven or hell is our destination.
I am not sure, but is this (judgment day) not stated in the book of Revelations?

The white throne judgment is where Satan and all who did not accept Jesus are cast into the lake of fire.
For the record I am an agnostic.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 6/15/08

digs wrote:

The Bible says that God is merciful. For people who never knew about Salvaiton, the Bible says that God presents Himself in His amazing creation. If people are curious about God and want to know more, God will send someone or some way for people to learn about Him. The Holy Spirit convicts people.
So, then I guess that no one in Japan or the Amazon rain forest wanted to know about creation in 500 B.C.. There is no way that someone could have "been sent to them" at that time. They invented religions so clearly they did want to know about whats beyond life-your argument is a joke. Any real Christin theologian would be embarrassed you said this Digs.





I believe that children and aborted babies go to heaven. God is merciful. The Bible is somewhat vague about what happens if a young child dies,
Not really. "There is no way to the father but through me" -Jesus. Since an infant can know know Jesus (they can not think) they go to hell. It is not vague in the slightest.



but it never states that they go to hell. Jesus even said "Let the little children come."

See above. It does state that.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
Honestly, you can't judge the mind of God. God preforms miracles. When Philip was with the Ethiopian servant, he shared the scriptures with him and helped him understand it. He later baptized him. The moment after that, the Holy Spirit took him to another town where he preached the Gospel. God can send anyone by any means. You are forgetting though, according to the Bible. Adam and Eve were the first humans, they knew the truth and they educated their children about God. All humanity stemmed from them, and those humans decided to reject God and worship demons and idols. It is always a choice.

You are forgetting that the fetus has never sinned. The reason we go to hell is because we have sins, if something lived perfect and never sinned, then it can go to heaven. And God is merciful. True, no one can go to heaven unless they accept Jesus, but we need to accept Jesus because we have sin. Without accepting Jesus, we are all doomed to hell, no matter how "good" we are.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.