Do you think contestants in Eurovision get fair votes?
2125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 5/25/08 , edited 5/25/08
I think there is alot of unfair voting going on in eurovision eg countries just voting on there neighbouring countries etc. I think its wrong it makes me think there is no point to having eurovision atall & a waste of a tv slot if its not fair, What do you guys think?
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / england
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
i agree, UK never gets a fair vote and all the poor crappy countries vote for there neabours.

its like sum of the weirdest and worse acts got more votes lol

think england sud just boycot it
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
^ agreed x2

but its just hilarious to watch, especially the commentating.
2858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / london/kent, Engl...
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
no its all politics
2798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
It's ruled my politics... Why do you think most countries NEVER vote for other countries, even though the song for the country they never voted for was better then all the rest. UK songs in eurovision makes crappy songs, not to include that they are literally hated by like most of the EU for joining in the war in iraq, because now, they are getting involved.
752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
who knows
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
100% has nothing to do with the quality of the songs. (is there any quality anymore though?)

the only way to proove this though would be for example for the UK to put in a blindingly great song next year. one that if it had a download release would sell, sell, sell. one that is of a very high standard. then when it doesnt win, or place anywhere in the top ten acts, people could actually demand some kind of a review.

eurovision is funny, and is usually very kitsch, BUT it has in the past has had some excellent winners and song writing. ABBA is the best example.

at the moment though its like a huge playground popularity contest, where talent apparently has no place. if anything if it continues like this it will cease to be funny, and wind up being rather unpleasant and will start fueling resentment between huge parts of europe. eastern block against western block etc
Posted 5/25/08
I love how people posting in this thread are all Britain-ers ^^
Are people across the Atlantic aware of the Eurovision Song Contest?

It's all a matter of politics in the Eurovision. You vote for me, I vote for you.
Britain is pretty much isolated anyway being an island but with the Iraq War and the fact that it's continously anti-Euro (well the current government is anyway) just makes us even more alienated from the rest of Europe.

The only good thing about the Eurovision is Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary and you get a chance to laugh at the weird acts that each country have put up.
But seriously, the UK's just been crap recently...Kind of disappointing. We need another Cliff Richard! =D
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Coventry, England
Offline
Posted 5/25/08
The voting most of the time is very political and unfair, most vote for their neighbouring countires.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/25/08

animoo_x wrote:


The only good thing about the Eurovision is Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary and you get a chance to laugh at the weird acts that each country have put up.
But seriously, the UK's just been crap recently...Kind of disappointing. We need another Cliff Richard! =D



Terry's thinking of quitting though! which will be a crime since he's been doing it since 1973. what was his quote last night? "its not even a music competition anymore"

i think in a few years if it doesnt sort its act out its going to turn really nasty...

you're right about us needing a good song

i think they should put girls aloud in for it next year : a) theyd have a good enough song to win and b)it would kill of their career so we wouldnt have to listen to them anymore !!!

it would be a win win situation!!!
Posted 5/25/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:


animoo_x wrote:


The only good thing about the Eurovision is Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary and you get a chance to laugh at the weird acts that each country have put up.
But seriously, the UK's just been crap recently...Kind of disappointing. We need another Cliff Richard! =D



Terry's thinking of quitting though! which will be a crime since he's been doing it since 1973. what was his quote last night? "its not even a music competition anymore"

i think in a few years if it doesnt sort its act out its going to turn really nasty...

you're right about us needing a good song

i think they should put girls aloud in for it next year : a) theyd have a good enough song to win and b)it would kill of their career so we wouldnt have to listen to them anymore !!!

it would be a win win situation!!!


True but I don't think Girls Aloud would lower themselves to Eurovision status. It's always been X-Factor/Pop Idol rejects or acts that have never made it who repesent the UK.

I heard about the Terry quitting thing. It's so bad. They'll probably recruit some new young "hip" person to make Eurovision cooler...like Fearne Cotton who'll just ruin it.
2125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / England
Offline
Posted 5/25/08 , edited 5/25/08

animoo_x wrote:

I love how people posting in this thread are all Britain-ers ^^
Are people across the Atlantic aware of the Eurovision Song Contest?

It's all a matter of politics in the Eurovision. You vote for me, I vote for you.
Britain is pretty much isolated anyway being an island but with the Iraq War and the fact that it's continously anti-Euro (well the current government is anyway) just makes us even more alienated from the rest of Europe.

The only good thing about the Eurovision is Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary and you get a chance to laugh at the weird acts that each country have put up.
But seriously, the UK's just been crap recently...Kind of disappointing. We need another Cliff Richard! =D



Even the great cliff couldnt win it for us when he did eurovision, lol.
You must be logged in to post.