Post Reply is god narrow minded?
34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/25/08 , edited 5/7/09
narrow minded comment edited by mod. no homophobes allowed.
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

draw160 wrote:

The fact he created Adam and Eve not adam and steve shows hes not open to love(well that two boys or girls can love eachother.)Or that i doubt he says its okay to be apart of another religion.He thinks men are better then woman.Maybe even thinking blacks should be slaves.I don't know but what do you think?


I’m afraid I don’t see your logic. How could Adam and Steve prosper and populate the world? Shoot, I had kind of expected something else and more entertaining out of this… O_O

34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

The fact he created Adam and Eve not adam and steve shows hes not open to love(well that two boys or girls can love eachother.)Or that i doubt he says its okay to be apart of another religion.He thinks men are better then woman.Maybe even thinking blacks should be slaves.I don't know but what do you think?


I’m afraid I don’t see your logic. How could Adam and Steve prosper and populate the world? Shoot, I had kind of expected something else and more entertaining out of this… O_O



hey..........it was 12:00 at night dont make fun of me (and hello hes god hes supposed to be....umm...*trying not to be offensive*....hes god.....)
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/08

draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

The fact he created Adam and Eve not adam and steve shows hes not open to love(well that two boys or girls can love eachother.)Or that i doubt he says its okay to be apart of another religion.He thinks men are better then woman.Maybe even thinking blacks should be slaves.I don't know but what do you think?


I’m afraid I don’t see your logic. How could Adam and Steve prosper and populate the world? Shoot, I had kind of expected something else and more entertaining out of this… O_O



hey..........it was 12:00 at night dont make fun of me (and hello hes god hes supposed to be....umm...*trying not to be offensive*....hes god.....)


Well, the biblical God is narrow-minded, in a sense. After all he said “I’m the only way,” there is no other way. That seems a bit narrow minded. However, some things in life really are black and white. Whose to say this isn’t one of them?
34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/31/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

The fact he created Adam and Eve not adam and steve shows hes not open to love(well that two boys or girls can love eachother.)Or that i doubt he says its okay to be apart of another religion.He thinks men are better then woman.Maybe even thinking blacks should be slaves.I don't know but what do you think?


I’m afraid I don’t see your logic. How could Adam and Steve prosper and populate the world? Shoot, I had kind of expected something else and more entertaining out of this… O_O



hey..........it was 12:00 at night dont make fun of me (and hello hes god hes supposed to be....umm...*trying not to be offensive*....hes god.....)


Well, the biblical God is narrow-minded, in a sense. After all he said “I’m the only way,” there is no other way. That seems a bit narrow minded. However, some things in life really are black and white. Whose to say this isn’t one of them?


okay ^_^ true
Moderator
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/1/08

draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

The fact he created Adam and Eve not adam and steve shows hes not open to love(well that two boys or girls can love eachother.)Or that i doubt he says its okay to be apart of another religion.He thinks men are better then woman.Maybe even thinking blacks should be slaves.I don't know but what do you think?


I’m afraid I don’t see your logic. How could Adam and Steve prosper and populate the world? Shoot, I had kind of expected something else and more entertaining out of this… O_O



hey..........it was 12:00 at night dont make fun of me (and hello hes god hes supposed to be....umm...*trying not to be offensive*....hes god.....)


Well, the biblical God is narrow-minded, in a sense. After all he said “I’m the only way,” there is no other way. That seems a bit narrow minded. However, some things in life really are black and white. Whose to say this isn’t one of them?


okay ^_^ true


And vengeful, don't forget vengeful.

The Old Testement God seemed fairly pissed most of the time. A little on the joking side there Draw160; i know you mentioned it was midnight and everything, but are you sure you weren't a little drunk? Tired is no excuse for unshelthed non-cleverness. Kidding. (Yeah, that's right i put "kidding" and not "j/k" because i hate internet speak.)

About the thing with God hating gays, i don't buy it. I think that was put in after the 15th century to calm down the noisy queens across the hall in the dorm where the editor of the bible was staying when he was working on the english version of the the good book. And i know that to be true, because the one thing i'm always told is God has a plan for me when i'm feeling beaten or crestfallen. He has this great plan for me and one day i will realize His plan and all will be well on planet Joliame.

What about those that happen to be gay? God has a plan for them, right? No? Why not? Is being gay a step off His path? I don't get it. I thought God was suppose to lead you when you go astray? So when you're gay God instantly forgets about you? I thought God cared for all his children?

I don't think God in anyway dislikes gay people. Hell, his very son said: "There is NOTHING from without a man, that entering into him can defile him." Mark 7:15

Besides, if God hated gays then that would include chimpaneezs, dolphins and some frogs. I hope hell has a lot of water or there's going to be alot of dried out frogs and dolphins laying around the place.
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/08 , edited 6/2/08
The concept of God hating Gays was added into the Christian theology during the Roman era-when the church was striving to gain control and thus stressing obedience to the law. The bible never once says, however, that homosexuals are inferior or hated to God-nor does it say that homosexuality is a choice.

Actually, I recall reading a verse that said homosexuality was like a curse that they don't have a choice in. It says that it's passed down to children by their ancestors. Perhaps genetically?

The bible describes morality as restraining our primitive desires. Sexual desires is only one example. Homosexual desires are simply included in this-but then again, so are heterosexual desires. One verse that many people think is talking about homosexuals is when the bible tells us to abstain from sodomy-anal sex. In all actuality, it doesn’t specify this, it just says anal sex. That means anal sex is sinful because it doesn’t bare fruit-there’s actually another reason. Anal sex is endlessly painful-and harming yourself is considered sinful.

Calling on the “nature” card is weak in my opinion. Saying that anything that’s natural is good is…well, let’s look at this: Primates often beat females into submission before forcing sexual intercourse on them. This is a natural urge that some Humans have inherited. So to argue that we have to be true to our natural desires is to say that these people are justified in horribly disfiguring and forcing themselves on women. Yet, none of the naturalists are out there defending rapists.

So, why does God make people gay? Well, he doesn’t. He simply allows them to be made. God doesn’t take away the consequences of our actions. Men live with the actions of men. Homosexuals evolved to have a drive for other men because it was a form of social bonding in early civilization. The Greeks and Norse are two of the best examples.

The bible says we bare the sins of our forefathers. We’re subjected to the consequences of their actions. Secularly speaking, we obviously know this is true. They start a war, our economy feels it. They smuggle in hordes of drugs, we get hooked.

At the same time this is actually passed down in family genes as a submissive attribute. It’s a lot like how you here people talking about “genetic memory.” They say, “My father was a farm, his father a farmer, and his father a farmer! I just feel drawn to the fields!” It’s because these things are passed down from generation to generation.

Children often enjoy the same things as their parents, have the same personality quirks as their father or mother. Here’s an example: Me and my father…both have a fetish for Asian women, as does my younger brother. (Weird to think that he’s old enough to have a sex-drive now! X_X)

Yet, we can also train ourselves to certain desires. Like…somebody who smokes one kind of cigs for 20 years and then finds that they’re not sold anymore. He buys new ones. At first they’re horrible, but he teaches his body to like them. In the next generation, there’s a chance his children will crave the same thing.

So, we know that-biblically and secularly-homosexuals are born gay. (Some people would argue this, but they’re stupid… XD) We know it’s natural, but I feel that not all natural impulses are good. (not to say this one is bad.) We know that they’re like this because they’re subjected to the consequences of their parent’s choices. So, the only question that remains for me:

Why does God let one person pay for something he didn’t do? There’s actually a very good answer. I’ve discussed it several times. Freedom. God gave us freedom. He could have made us slaves, but instead he gave us free-will. We can make choices now. Yet, what is a choice without consequence?


P.S: I don't think that having gay sex is a ticket to hell...
Member
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 6/5/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

The concept of God hating Gays was added into the Christian theology during the Roman era-when the church was striving to gain control and thus stressing obedience to the law. The bible never once says, however, that homosexuals are inferior or hated to God-nor does it say that homosexuality is a choice.

Actually, I recall reading a verse that said homosexuality was like a curse that they don't have a choice in. It says that it's passed down to children by their ancestors. Perhaps genetically?

The bible describes morality as restraining our primitive desires. Sexual desires is only one example. Homosexual desires are simply included in this-but then again, so are heterosexual desires. One verse that many people think is talking about homosexuals is when the bible tells us to abstain from sodomy-anal sex. In all actuality, it doesn’t specify this, it just says anal sex. That means anal sex is sinful because it doesn’t bare fruit-there’s actually another reason. Anal sex is endlessly painful-and harming yourself is considered sinful.

Calling on the “nature” card is weak in my opinion. Saying that anything that’s natural is good is…well, let’s look at this: Primates often beat females into submission before forcing sexual intercourse on them. This is a natural urge that some Humans have inherited. So to argue that we have to be true to our natural desires is to say that these people are justified in horribly disfiguring and forcing themselves on women. Yet, none of the naturalists are out there defending rapists.

So, why does God make people gay? Well, he doesn’t. He simply allows them to be made. God doesn’t take away the consequences of our actions. Men live with the actions of men. Homosexuals evolved to have a drive for other men because it was a form of social bonding in early civilization. The Greeks and Norse are two of the best examples.

The bible says we bare the sins of our forefathers. We’re subjected to the consequences of their actions. Secularly speaking, we obviously know this is true. They start a war, our economy feels it. They smuggle in hordes of drugs, we get hooked.

At the same time this is actually passed down in family genes as a submissive attribute. It’s a lot like how you here people talking about “genetic memory.” They say, “My father was a farm, his father a farmer, and his father a farmer! I just feel drawn to the fields!” It’s because these things are passed down from generation to generation.

Children often enjoy the same things as their parents, have the same personality quirks as their father or mother. Here’s an example: Me and my father…both have a fetish for Asian women, as does my younger brother. (Weird to think that he’s old enough to have a sex-drive now! X_X)

Yet, we can also train ourselves to certain desires. Like…somebody who smokes one kind of cigs for 20 years and then finds that they’re not sold anymore. He buys new ones. At first they’re horrible, but he teaches his body to like them. In the next generation, there’s a chance his children will crave the same thing.

So, we know that-biblically and secularly-homosexuals are born gay. (Some people would argue this, but they’re stupid… XD) We know it’s natural, but I feel that not all natural impulses are good. (not to say this one is bad.) We know that they’re like this because they’re subjected to the consequences of their parent’s choices. So, the only question that remains for me:

Why does God let one person pay for something he didn’t do? There’s actually a very good answer. I’ve discussed it several times. Freedom. God gave us freedom. He could have made us slaves, but instead he gave us free-will. We can make choices now. Yet, what is a choice without consequence?


P.S: I don't think that having gay sex is a ticket to hell...


Erm let's see if I understand you: Are you for people who are homosexual or not?

Moderator
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/5/08

QuasimodoSunday wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

P.S: I don't think that having gay sex is a ticket to hell...


Erm let's see if I understand you: Are you for people who are homosexual or not?



Yeah, i'm kind of with him of this one Seraph, you're answer isn't all that clear. The only thing i derived from your answer was, it's not anyones fault for being gay. It's because of their genes. But then again your last sentence spells it out fairly plainly.
Member
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 6/5/08
It is very ambigous
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

QuasimodoSunday wrote:

Erm let's see if I understand you: Are you for people who are homosexual or not?



I do not think that being born gay is a sin. I also attest that the Christian bible never says that being gay is a sin. Other religious texts like the Qur’an may, but the bible does not. I do, however, note that the bible undeniably says that having sex with somebody of the same sex is a sin. However, I point out that having sex with somebody of the opposite sex is also a sin-according to the bible. I further note that the entire point of the “biblical morality,” is departing from earthly desires. This means sexual desires, rather they be gay, straight, bi, or bestial. O_O

Am I for gays? No, I’m -for- everyone regardless of sexual orientation. Am I for gay rights? No, I’m just for human rights in general. Do I think gay rights are included in human rights? Yes.
Member
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
I see.
Member
464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Calling on the “nature” card is weak in my opinion. Saying that anything that’s natural is good is…well, let’s look at this: Primates often beat females into submission before forcing sexual intercourse on them. This is a natural urge that some Humans have inherited. So to argue that we have to be true to our natural desires is to say that these people are justified in horribly disfiguring and forcing themselves on women. Yet, none of the naturalists are out there defending rapists.


let me correct this, since i have used the "so called naturecard once or twice myself"
using the "nature card" is not equal to saying its good, dont let people astray by your foul choice of words.
That is not meant, and i really doubt anyone would say "because animals do it, its okey for us to do it" its just saying since it is seen in the "animal" kingdom, the chances are fairly large it would also be seen in "our kingdom" (so to speak)

Come one, some animals eat their mates after mating (no not that kind of eat) no one would argue with you that eating your mate is wrong, you are just putting out straw man arguments here, and its not nice...
Moderator
3229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/7/09
if there is a god he wouldt want u to waste your life worrying about worshiping him/her/it. God would be like Jesus who??
Moderator
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/11/09

openmindedatheist wrote:

if there is a god he wouldt want u to waste your life worrying about worshiping him/her/it. God would be like Jesus who??


Now there's a word i haven't seen in awhile when talking about God. "Worship." (That's not a joke, i'm actually being serious.)

Lately I've heard a lot of people speaking about what God wants from us and it's mostly been about following the "1-2 guide of living" from the bible. (i.e. no gays, no jews, no speaking out about stuff that hurts the ears of weaker minded Christians).

But very little about worship.

Lets move this along before i start to ramble. "If God exists would He want you to waste your life worrying about Worshiping Him?"

No. My idea is that if i believed in God he would want me examining the world that he has given us (I do this anyway, without the belief stature) and feel what it is to truly live in a world where i know i'm loved.

The word 'worship' to me sounds like a penance you pay. As if God is saying: "I gave this to you. So show some appreciation in my name, even though i'm all powerful and am beyond all human emotion like Pride and flattery."

I know flattery doesn't really fit, but i think you know what i mean.
You must be logged in to post.