First  Prev  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  312  Next  Last
Chat with the Mods!
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/7/12

starry wrote:

I do notice that there's a little bit of Winterfells in every thread.


I hope that's good. I do have a habit of being inside a little bit of everything.
Gh33 
31207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Glasgow, Scotland
Offline
Posted 9/7/12
Hey Mods, I'm bored atm while I'm waiting for DOTA 2 to update, so I'm posting randomly on the CR forums.

So what do you guys tend to do when you're bored? [Ice-breaker question go!]

g
Posted 9/7/12 , edited 9/7/12

So what do you guys tend to do when you're bored?


Get the hell out of the house. There are a lot of free things such as events, museums, etc. here in DC. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I'm enjoying myself.

There is suppose to be this exhibit on The Art of Video Games at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art. I've been meaning to go, but haven't had the time. This weekend would be a nice opportunity.
Eater of Worlds
Bedlam 
58091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / East Coastin'
Offline
Posted 9/8/12

Gh33 wrote:

Hey Mods, I'm bored atm while I'm waiting for DOTA 2 to update, so I'm posting randomly on the CR forums.

So what do you guys tend to do when you're bored? [Ice-breaker question go!]

g


Lots and lots of things! Read books, draw stuff badly, write horribly cliche prose, go out, karaoke, bike riding (just started!), play the piano (by watching stuff on youtube since i'm really slow at reading notes), play flash games, ignoring the 360 until BL2 comes out, etc.

If I was in DC, i'd most definitely check out that Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum.
6030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Clarksville, Tenn...
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
Hey!

I'm new to the site and had a quick question regarding subtitling.

So I figured that the licensors are responsible for subtitling works? For example, Sentai Filmworks was in charge of the subbing of both Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama? If that is the case, then who was responsible for unlicensed works such as Chihayafuru being subbed? I just really want to know because I am really happy with the subbing of the shows I've watched here!!

Thanks
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 9/10/12


It really depends on the show.

Some studios want to use in house translators, others work directly with us for translations.

We have a few different translation teams that we use for subtitling, timing/editing, etc.

I think (not sure the exact number) there are currently 18 different individuals who work on our 30+ shows.
6030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Clarksville, Tenn...
Offline
Posted 9/10/12

Bjaker wrote:



It really depends on the show.

Some studios want to use in house translators, others work directly with us for translations.

We have a few different translation teams that we use for subtitling, timing/editing, etc.

I think (not sure the exact number) there are currently 18 different individuals who work on our 30+ shows.


Ah... interesting! Thanks for giving me my answer!

By chance then, would you happen to know who subbed Tsuritama, Kids on the Slope, and Chihayafuru?

Thanks again!
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 9/10/12


I'll see what I can find out!
20048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/12

Bedlam wrote:


Gh33 wrote:

Hey Mods, I'm bored atm while I'm waiting for DOTA 2 to update, so I'm posting randomly on the CR forums.

So what do you guys tend to do when you're bored? [Ice-breaker question go!]

g


Lots and lots of things! Read books, draw stuff badly, write horribly cliche prose, go out, karaoke, bike riding (just started!), play the piano (by watching stuff on youtube since i'm really slow at reading notes), play flash games, ignoring the 360 until BL2 comes out, etc.

If I was in DC, i'd most definitely check out that Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum.


"...draw stuff badly..."

That made me laugh.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/11/12 , edited 9/11/12
Apparently the CR citizens aren't happy about changes made to avatar dimensions.

Might want to look into that. With an iron fist. And the riot police.


75565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / I live in CA that...
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
Just want to know!!! >:l
Why did they change the avi into 200X200 when you could have changed it into 200X500
Very disappointing in this, your going to lose a lot of people with a stupid decision like that.
I'm also aware that it was the designer team for CR that came up with it but someone must change it to at least 200X500 size
6030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Clarksville, Tenn...
Offline
Posted 9/12/12

Bjaker wrote:



I'll see what I can find out!


Thanks! The reason I am so determined to find out is that I hope to one day own the series and hope that when I do, I'll find the subbing to be just about identical.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 9/12/12

vampirekill10 wrote:

Just want to know!!! >:l
Why did they change the avi into 200X200 when you could have changed it into 200X500
Very disappointing in this, your going to lose a lot of people with a stupid decision like that.
I'm also aware that it was the designer team for CR that came up with it but someone must change it to at least 200X500 size


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-775904/give-us-back-our-freedom?pg=4#41120122
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/14/12
Posted 9/15/12
Is anyone currently reading Shingeki no Kyojin? It is probably one of the best manga I've read in awhile. It would be even better if it got an anime adaption.
First  Prev  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  312  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.