First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Is too high intelligence bad?
193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
Over Intellegence can be a curse. I've got a fairly crazy IQ (159) and I can tell you that because my mind is always working that often I over analyze things. sometimes to the extend of obsession. you start thinking about the worlds problems and how easy it would be to fix if you could get the people in power to listen (but you know better than to think you can).

For example, I could cure the Several Trillion dollar national debt in less than 10 years. Legalize and tax the hell out of Marjauna. By legalizing it you could drive the cost or shipping way down. Now tankers are filled with weed. 10$ for a gram turns into 10$ a pound. Now you take the 1 cent if that, that your grams now costs and tax it back up to 9$. Weed smokers are happy because they're saving money and at the same time you just turned a you just mad a 90,000% profit. And despite being illegal marjuana is infact less dangerous to yourself and others than alcohol.

Worse than that is the fact that I could end world hunger, TOMORROW! your average modern day US sleath fighter cost roughly a billion dollars, to make. then the up keep of that plain adds several million per year. Ramen noodles can be bought at the super market for roughly 7 cent's a package. Whole sale I can't imagine them being much more than a couple of pennies, 3 cents tops, do the math. One plane equals roughy 33 Billion packages of ramen. There are only 6 billion people on the planet. I could feed every single one for almost two days 3 meals a day. How long could we feed the hungry of the world off just one less fighter plane?

And on the pesonal levelhe littlest slight becomes personal because you look for the reason behind it. So you find yourself very selective as to who you spend time with. No to mention that people often don't understand your jokes or can't contribute to a truly deep conversation. People bother you bother you because they aren't as smart as you. It's bad to say that my biggest pet peeve is stupid people and i consider about 85% of people stupid. And you bother other people for the same reason. I was ten and before i'd ever had any contact with philosophy I came out with an question that was basically about the nature of Duelism. My fellow neighborhood bike riders did seem to be as interested.

And the truth is while i'm pretty damn smart I know one or two people even smart than myself and their problems are even worse.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/27/08

YGGdrasill_11 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:

ppl with high intel are sarcastic negative-thinking critics who are too blinded by intense reasoning and high judging.........they fail hard....... believe me, i know what its like


I couldn't have said it better.


now heres an understanding individual like you........
question: the relevance of high mentality and logic affected one's pride to a certain period of thinking that they are "GODS" what can you say about that?


I would have asked in a clearer fashion :P
Answer:Totally agree.I had schoolmates before,who were not in anyway dissimilar to these e-thug Einsteins here.Undoubtedly,they were smart and now study in Ivy league universities like Harvard,Yale etc. and were some of the smartest people I'd known.But some of them allowed their ego to go out of control and assumed a superiority complex over the rest of us.They seized on their achievements(travelling to the UN,participating in robotics competitions in the Far East,Perfect SAT scores) as a sign of unchallenged greatness and adopted an air of mock pity for those of us who still had real lives and actually socialized.
In CR,where the primary userbase(is that a word?) is between 13-16 years old,those who are above that age or even slightly more intelligent than the average community member here,like to profess their superiority over the rest.They philosophize,preach and insert random too-big-for-you-to-understand words inbetween posts.Thye like to bask in the aura of their own unparalleled intelligence and make airs of self-pitying and wonder loudly how cursed they are to be surrounded by idiots everywhere they go.
By accepting this sort of stuff as cool,we unwittingly encourage hundreds of 13 year olds to believe that it's cool to be impersonal,cold and snobby.The faintest sign of intelligence or maturity is taken for a sign of greatness and soon,the collective opinions of this minority of CRollers are shoved down the throats of the rest of the community.
I deal with these people in only one way,I don't deal with them.I ignore their opinions,their self-proclaimed philosophical musings, their crabbiness & their bitching because at the end of the day,only their opinions aren't worth a rat's ass to me,and I am still Lord and Master of my own little world.
8585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
yea. i think sometimes it's bad.
6491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
not really bad...

but not in terms of that weird woman in indie4
that got so smart her brain couldn't handle it
and she died...

just being very smart gets u into great jobs!
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
well it depends on how the person was raised. if they were hot housed as a child by their parents, who focused more on nurturing their intellectual side, their emotional growth may be stunted [case in point that girl who went to study maths at oxford when she was 13, and ran away and became a prostitute/ dominaitrix.] Not all geniuses will suffer from emotional problems, though I suppose that their increased intellect my give them a superiority complex, or make them feel isolated from the rest of the world. but i didn't take psychology so iono
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/27/08

h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:

ppl with high intel are sarcastic negative-thinking critics who are too blinded by intense reasoning and high judging.........they fail hard....... believe me, i know what its like


I couldn't have said it better.


now heres an understanding individual like you........
question: the relevance of high mentality and logic affected one's pride to a certain period of thinking that they are "GODS" what can you say about that?


I would have asked in a clearer fashion :P
Answer:Totally agree.I had schoolmates before,who were not in anyway dissimilar to these e-thug Einsteins here.Undoubtedly,they were smart and now study in Ivy league universities like Harvard,Yale etc. and were some of the smartest people I'd known.But some of them allowed their ego to go out of control and assumed a superiority complex over the rest of us.They seized on their achievements(travelling to the UN,participating in robotics competitions in the Far East,Perfect SAT scores) as a sign of unchallenged greatness and adopted an air of mock pity for those of us who still had real lives and actually socialized.
In CR,where the primary userbase(is that a word?) is between 13-16 years old,those who are above that age or even slightly more intelligent than the average community member here,like to profess their superiority over the rest.They philosophize,preach and insert random too-big-for-you-to-understand words inbetween posts.Thye like to bask in the aura of their own unparalleled intelligence and make airs of self-pitying and wonder loudly how cursed they are to be surrounded by idiots everywhere they go.
By accepting this sort of stuff as cool,we unwittingly encourage hundreds of 13 year olds to believe that it's cool to be impersonal,cold and snobby.The faintest sign of intelligence or maturity is taken for a sign of greatness and soon,the collective opinions of this minority of CRollers are shoved down the throats of the rest of the community.
I deal with these people in only one way,I don't deal with them.I ignore their opinions,their self-proclaimed philosophical musings, their crabbiness & their bitching because at the end of the day,only their opinions aren't worth a rat's ass to me,and I am still Lord and Master of my own little world.


intellectual intelligence isnt the same as emotional or social intelligence.
some people who are intellectually very intelligent are socially intelligent and/or emotionally intelligent. but there are enough people who while intellectually advanced, dont have a clue how to conduct themselves amoung the general population.

i'm a very intelligent person. i write fiction and am close to getting published. im not average or below average in intelligence, but i know im not a genius. i know i put the work into what i produce. however, i'm ok with that because i believe i score pretty highly on the social and emotional intelligence areas as well and so think im pretty well rounded as a human being. i'd much rather be that way than off the scale in one area and lacking in another, or others. im also very aware of my failings. and i think thats a good thing. its how you grow.

my fella is stupidly intelligent, has his phD, has a good job and his main problem is being deemed TOO qualified or intelligent for any of the new positions he would like to apply for. however, i feel very lucky in that he is truely respectful towards other people around him and in the world and doesnt think he is any way 'better' than everyone else. thankfully not everyone is a cocky idiot.

the problem with people stuck so far up their own bottoms is that they have a very hard time admitting or even being able to see that sometimes they are wrong. that kind of thinking stunts your intellectual growth in fact. you can deem yourself so far above other people that you dont open up your eyes and ears to learn anything else. and you dont only learn from other people of high intellect. the most highly respected people of learning in the world are always ready to listen to others and consider what they have to say.

wait a year or two and see. are these internet blatherers still online, going on and on? or have they actually gone on to use their superior intellect in the real world? do they in fact have the balls to test out the theories of their superior intellect in the arena of the truely gifted? or are they too afraid to find out that really, they arent as clever as they think they are.....


16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/27/08 , edited 5/27/08

YGGdrasill_11 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:

ppl with high intel are sarcastic negative-thinking critics who are too blinded by intense reasoning and high judging.........they fail hard....... believe me, i know what its like


I couldn't have said it better.


now heres an understanding individual like you........
question: the relevance of high mentality and logic affected one's pride to a certain period of thinking that they are "GODS" what can you say about that?


I would have asked in a clearer fashion :P
Answer:Totally agree.I had schoolmates before,who were not in anyway dissimilar to these e-thug Einsteins here.Undoubtedly,they were smart and now study in Ivy league universities like Harvard,Yale etc. and were some of the smartest people I'd known.But some of them allowed their ego to go out of control and assumed a superiority complex over the rest of us.They seized on their achievements(travelling to the UN,participating in robotics competitions in the Far East,Perfect SAT scores) as a sign of unchallenged greatness and adopted an air of mock pity for those of us who still had real lives and actually socialized.
In CR,where the primary userbase(is that a word?) is between 13-16 years old,those who are above that age or even slightly more intelligent than the average community member here,like to profess their superiority over the rest.They philosophize,preach and insert random too-big-for-you-to-understand words inbetween posts.Thye like to bask in the aura of their own unparalleled intelligence and make airs of self-pitying and wonder loudly how cursed they are to be surrounded by idiots everywhere they go.
By accepting this sort of stuff as cool,we unwittingly encourage hundreds of 13 year olds to believe that it's cool to be impersonal,cold and snobby.The faintest sign of intelligence or maturity is taken for a sign of greatness and soon,the collective opinions of this minority of CRollers are shoved down the throats of the rest of the community.
I deal with these people in only one way,I don't deal with them.I ignore their opinions,their self-proclaimed philosophical musings, their crabbiness & their bitching because at the end of the day,only their opinions aren't worth a rat's ass to me,and I am still Lord and Master of my own little world.


your experiences with these kind of people won't end here.
i find their misery of intense failure fascinating and entertaining, (maybe i have a sadistic nature)


intense failure is right.One of them who moved to the UK got turned down by his estimate ' a hundred girls' and now gives ass to guys there to satisfy his sexual craving.Pathetic.


snottyenglishgirl wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


YGGdrasill_11 wrote:

ppl with high intel are sarcastic negative-thinking critics who are too blinded by intense reasoning and high judging.........they fail hard....... believe me, i know what its like


I couldn't have said it better.


now heres an understanding individual like you........
question: the relevance of high mentality and logic affected one's pride to a certain period of thinking that they are "GODS" what can you say about that?


I would have asked in a clearer fashion :P
Answer:Totally agree.I had schoolmates before,who were not in anyway dissimilar to these e-thug Einsteins here.Undoubtedly,they were smart and now study in Ivy league universities like Harvard,Yale etc. and were some of the smartest people I'd known.But some of them allowed their ego to go out of control and assumed a superiority complex over the rest of us.They seized on their achievements(travelling to the UN,participating in robotics competitions in the Far East,Perfect SAT scores) as a sign of unchallenged greatness and adopted an air of mock pity for those of us who still had real lives and actually socialized.
In CR,where the primary userbase(is that a word?) is between 13-16 years old,those who are above that age or even slightly more intelligent than the average community member here,like to profess their superiority over the rest.They philosophize,preach and insert random too-big-for-you-to-understand words inbetween posts.Thye like to bask in the aura of their own unparalleled intelligence and make airs of self-pitying and wonder loudly how cursed they are to be surrounded by idiots everywhere they go.
By accepting this sort of stuff as cool,we unwittingly encourage hundreds of 13 year olds to believe that it's cool to be impersonal,cold and snobby.The faintest sign of intelligence or maturity is taken for a sign of greatness and soon,the collective opinions of this minority of CRollers are shoved down the throats of the rest of the community.
I deal with these people in only one way,I don't deal with them.I ignore their opinions,their self-proclaimed philosophical musings, their crabbiness & their bitching because at the end of the day,only their opinions aren't worth a rat's ass to me,and I am still Lord and Master of my own little world.


intellectual intelligence isnt the same as emotional or social intelligence.
some people who are intellectually very intelligent are socially intelligent and/or emotionally intelligent. but there are enough people who while intellectually advanced, dont have a clue how to conduct themselves amoung the general population.

i'm a very intelligent person. i write fiction and am close to getting published. im not average or below average in intelligence, but i know im not a genius. i know i put the work into what i produce. however, i'm ok with that because i believe i score pretty highly on the social and emotional intelligence areas as well and so think im pretty well rounded as a human being. i'd much rather be that way than off the scale in one area and lacking in another, or others. im also very aware of my failings. and i think thats a good thing. its how you grow.

my fella is stupidly intelligent, has his phD, has a good job and his main problem is being deemed TOO qualified or intelligent for any of the new positions he would like to apply for. however, i feel very lucky in that he is truely respectful towards other people around him and in the world and doesnt think he is any way 'better' than everyone else. thankfully not everyone is a cocky idiot.

the problem with people stuck so far up their own bottoms is that they have a very hard time admitting or even being able to see that sometimes they are wrong. that kind of thinking stunts your intellectual growth in fact. you can deem yourself so far above other people that you dont open up your eyes and ears to learn anything else. and you dont only learn from other people of high intellect. the most highly respected people of learning in the world are always ready to listen to others and consider what they have to say.

wait a year or two and see. are these internet blatherers still online, going on and on? or have they actually gone on to use their superior intellect in the real world? do they in fact have the balls to test out the theories of their superior intellect in the arena of the truely gifted? or are they too afraid to find out that really, they arent as clever as they think they are.....




If you got a good EQ and have good social skills,you don't fall into the category I described in my rant.
Neither does your partner since you say he is respectful and doesn't have ego issues.
32237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
One of my friends is super ultra mensa brilliant... It's hard to talk to him sometimes because of it. Plus I feel stupid around him.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/27/08

h4x0rz wrote:


If you got a good EQ and have good social skills,you don't fall into the category I described in my rant.
Neither does your partner since you say he is respectful and doesn't have ego issues.



oh i know, i wasnt offended by what you were saying. on the contrary, i was merely adding something to what you were saying.
what you said simply triggered off a train of thought.
im a rambler
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/27/08 , edited 5/27/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:


If you got a good EQ and have good social skills,you don't fall into the category I described in my rant.
Neither does your partner since you say he is respectful and doesn't have ego issues.



oh i know, i wasnt offended by what you were saying. on the contrary, i was merely adding something to what you were saying.
what you said simply triggered off a train of thought.
im a rambler


I'm a rambler too,and judging from your post,very similar to you.(I write fiction,believe I have social sklls,am intelligent but not wildly so)
947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Take a swiggie at...
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
ever seen the lastest, Indy flick?see the Russian Lady who got smoked out at the end?thats what happens with what they call "too much Info" ouch...>< but in more or less, high intelligence is not bad at all,its considered a gift, but with a lousy mouth its as good as wasted. In all honesty, if you don't waznt that ammount if intelligence, I know I can make better use of it...
1128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
high intelligence is as much a blessing as a burden but it's much better than having a low intelligence.
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Qatar. but ain't...
Offline
Posted 5/28/08 , edited 5/28/08
ive never seen a "know-it-all" yet..

but too much of evrythin is bad..
8026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Neverafter
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
too much of anything is bad..

too much of intelligence then is bad..

it can make a person arrogant and yes.. idiot..
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ohio
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
no, higher intellegence doesn't lead to misery it's trying to fit in with normal people that causes all the problems... in the end find freinds you can relate to....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.