First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
the free will debate!
1281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hueco mundo
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather this is a valid statement, weather we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your arument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
God created people with free will,but the future was a consequence of that action.
3337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Asia
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

chibi-pengin-love wrote:

ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather WHETHER this is a valid statement, weather WHETHER we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your argument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering


FREEDOM is to do whatever you desire
God knows what you want to do...he also knows what you need to do

He watches over us. Our free-will is God's plan. He planned us to be free. He planned everything.

Our free-will is connected to God. Just that, you keep separating freedom and God's plan

It's BOTH connected. Don't divide it anymore...

whatever we do...God planned it...
whatever we decide...God planned it...

he's indirectly telling us to LEARN FROM WHAT WE DO and THINK and SAY!
1281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hueco mundo
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

sakurafan318 wrote:


chibi-pengin-love wrote:

ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather WHETHER this is a valid statement, weather WHETHER we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your argument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering


FREEDOM is to do whatever you desire
God knows what you want to do...he also knows what you need to do

He watches over us. Our free-will is God's plan. He planned us to be free. He planned everything.

Our free-will is connected to God. Just that, you keep separating freedom and God's plan

It's BOTH connected. Don't divide it anymore...

whatever we do...God planned it...
whatever we decide...God planned it...

he's indirectly telling us to LEARN FROM WHAT WE DO and THINK and SAY!


so basically we dont have free will because god has already planned everything we're going round in circles here people
20263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

sakurafan318 wrote:


chibi-pengin-love wrote:

ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather WHETHER this is a valid statement, weather WHETHER we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your argument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering


FREEDOM is to do whatever you desire
God knows what you want to do...he also knows what you need to do

He watches over us. Our free-will is God's plan. He planned us to be free. He planned everything.

Our free-will is connected to God. Just that, you keep separating freedom and God's plan

It's BOTH connected. Don't divide it anymore...

whatever we do...God planned it...
whatever we decide...God planned it...

he's indirectly telling us to LEARN FROM WHAT WE DO and THINK and SAY!


If that's the case then we really dont have any free will because God would have created us to do what HE wants, in HIS own image, not to do what we want. Even if we have 'free will' to do what we want, it's not really what we want, it's what HE wants. So it's not really free will, it's like saying "you are free to do whatever I tell you to do". Which is just paradoxical.
3337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Asia
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

chibi-pengin-love wrote:


sakurafan318 wrote:


chibi-pengin-love wrote:

ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather WHETHER this is a valid statement, weather WHETHER we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your argument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering


FREEDOM is to do whatever you desire
God knows what you want to do...he also knows what you need to do

He watches over us. Our free-will is God's plan. He planned us to be free. He planned everything.

Our free-will is connected to God. Just that, you keep separating freedom and God's plan

It's BOTH connected. Don't divide it anymore...

whatever we do...God planned it...
whatever we decide...God planned it...

he's indirectly telling us to LEARN FROM WHAT WE DO and THINK and SAY!


so basically we dont have free will because god has already planned everything we're going round in circles here people


lol.

o'unno.

i just go with the flow in my life...........

3337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Asia
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

excalion wrote:


sakurafan318 wrote:


chibi-pengin-love wrote:

ok, so this mostly applies to christianity, im not sure about other religions:

so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?

i want to know what everyone thinks about weather WHETHER this is a valid statement, weather WHETHER we actually have free will etc.

answer assuming that god exists because if your argument was that there is no god then there would be no point answering


FREEDOM is to do whatever you desire
God knows what you want to do...he also knows what you need to do

He watches over us. Our free-will is God's plan. He planned us to be free. He planned everything.

Our free-will is connected to God. Just that, you keep separating freedom and God's plan

It's BOTH connected. Don't divide it anymore...

whatever we do...God planned it...
whatever we decide...God planned it...

he's indirectly telling us to LEARN FROM WHAT WE DO and THINK and SAY!


If that's the case then we really dont have any free will because God would have created us to do what HE wants, in HIS own image, not to do what we want. Even if we have 'free will' to do what we want, it's not really what we want, it's what HE wants. So it's not really free will, it's like saying "you are free to do whatever I tell you to do". Which is just paradoxical.


we are indirect puppets?

oh well. whatever. i just do what i need to do...whether it's my choice or it was his...i'm living life...so i can might as well live it properly

396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
The future is not decided. We make our own future.
908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
I like to believe God has an infinite number of futures planed, and what we chose eliminates the other paths we could have taken, each choice is free will, but the results of them are completely planned.
3824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / atlantis
Offline
Posted 5/28/08

Nessarose wrote:

I like to believe God has an infinite number of futures planed, and what we chose eliminates the other paths we could have taken, each choice is free will, but the results of them are completely planned.


yea i agree. its like there are many doors we can take and each time we walk through a door the others close off. so i guess god can see every future possible for each of us....yea it may sound impossible but like the human brain is thousands, if not millions, more powerful than a computer, so it should be a pretty easy job for god...

i guess at the end of the day the free will debate is linked into do we really have a destiny or not?
908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
Infinite number of "destinies" not just one. We chose which one we want, whether it be consciously, subconsciously, unconsciously, whatever. The choices we make aren't planned, every possible choice we could make has a reaction planned.
Posted 6/1/08



so, god created humans with free will but if god knows everything including what happens in the future how can we have free will if the future has already been decided?



Decided? Yea, decided by us, that statement makes no sense because we have the freewill to choose whatever we want, and were going to choose something, were as in US, not God, God just knows what were going to choose, not make us choose it, its like seeing into the future, you see whats going to happen, but you didn't make it happen.
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/1/08
Yeah it's true that God knows what will happen in the future and he planned it all. By our own freewill, our future will change. That's why there's the Bible (the word of God) to guide us, we must obey his words and not just our own will. It will guide us, so our future is better and happier. By our choices, our future is being changed and there's already a plan for that changes.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 6/1/08
The infinity choices thing doesn't work if the revelations are true. If god can clearly see exactly who and what will happen, then there can not be infinite choices. Like the angels (Enok and Elia) that are to be killed before judgement day. If it is true, then there can not exist the possibility of noone killing them. Or else, it is false. And if 55000 are to fight on Armageddon, then god must clearly see that these people will be there, allowing for all the lineage, births, the will power et cetera that will in the end make up these 55000. For instance, their ancestors could not have died in the concentration camps. The kings people are to follow on judgement day, the 70 shephers the righteous will follow, et cetera. Either you can not have a revelation of the future that is definitely true, or infinite choices don't exist.
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/1/08 , edited 6/1/08
Well you have to think about how moving from the present to the future works. It might not necessarily end at the same point. There could be an infinite amount of outcomes for the future and God being God could know them all. The decisions we make will land us at one of these outcomes, which have not actually been planned for us, but instead laid out for us to choose.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.