First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Ishida killing hollows annoys me.
Member
15149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Where you are?
Offline
Posted 10/30/08
Ishida is cool. I don't think it's anything wrong with him kill hollow. Hell he's more powerful then some shinigami's. So why not kill let him kill hollows. rather to be kill by a Quincy then be sent to the SS.
14887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Dri Thru
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

divaroxy wrote:

Ishida is cool. I don't think it's anything wrong with him kill hollow. Hell he's more powerful then some shinigami's. So why not kill let him kill hollows. rather to be kill by a Quincy then be sent to the SS.


Agree.

It would suck if he ever turn into a shinigami.

Member
15149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Where you are?
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

kagome-san wrote:


divaroxy wrote:

Ishida is cool. I don't think it's anything wrong with him kill hollow. Hell he's more powerful then some shinigami's. So why not kill let him kill hollows. rather to be kill by a Quincy then be sent to the SS.


Agree.

It would suck if he ever turn into a shinigami.



But if you kill by a shinigami you would never see your family or friend. I rather not exist at all then to know my family and friends are out there but i will never see them. That would just hurt too much.
Member
580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Somewhere in that...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

riavan wrote:

In one episode in the filler arc he mows down like 1000 hollows in one go, and ichigo refers to him as a flyswatter.



See the bolded part, filler arc, meaning it never happened in the manga and therefore not cannon. Since I cleared that up, my original point stands, Ishida hasn't killed that many hollows to create such a huge imbalance.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/31/08 , edited 10/31/08

crazyrodent96 wrote:


riavan wrote:

In one episode in the filler arc he mows down like 1000 hollows in one go, and ichigo refers to him as a flyswatter.



See the bolded part, filler arc, meaning it never happened in the manga and therefore not cannon. Since I cleared that up, my original point stands, Ishida hasn't killed that many hollows to create such a huge imbalance.


It was kind of obvious you were going to bring up that point, but it dosn't make sense that he'd destroy souls when ichigo can save them? Clearly a large flaw.

Member
580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Somewhere in that...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

riavan wrote:


crazyrodent96 wrote:


riavan wrote:

In one episode in the filler arc he mows down like 1000 hollows in one go, and ichigo refers to him as a flyswatter.



See the bolded part, filler arc, meaning it never happened in the manga and therefore not cannon. Since I cleared that up, my original point stands, Ishida hasn't killed that many hollows to create such a huge imbalance.


It was kind of obvious you were going to bring up that point, but it dosn't make sense that he'd destroy souls when ichigo can save them? Clearly a large flaw.



Well duh, it's a filler and the first most important rule of fillers is Never ever use fillers as an example to prove your point. And if you're still talking about fillers in your second part of the post, then well.... use something with a bit more foundation ie something from the manga.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

crazyrodent96 wrote:


riavan wrote:


crazyrodent96 wrote:


riavan wrote:

In one episode in the filler arc he mows down like 1000 hollows in one go, and ichigo refers to him as a flyswatter.



See the bolded part, filler arc, meaning it never happened in the manga and therefore not cannon. Since I cleared that up, my original point stands, Ishida hasn't killed that many hollows to create such a huge imbalance.


It was kind of obvious you were going to bring up that point, but it dosn't make sense that he'd destroy souls when ichigo can save them? Clearly a large flaw.



Well duh, it's a filler and the first most important rule of fillers is Never ever use fillers as an example to prove your point. And if you're still talking about fillers in your second part of the post, then well.... use something with a bit more foundation ie something from the manga.


I clearly wasn't. I mentioned it was from a filler arc on purpose, so I could get to the bottom of this whole thing. So please stop acting so angry? I swear he kills other hollows occasionally, (besides of course the massive ammount he shot when he was first introduced in his battle with ichigo). I'm far too lazy to go searching through a bunch of episodes/manga. I was hoping someone more like you, who bleach is clearly everything to, could remember another point in time, instead of jumping to the authors defense going "nonono, bleach is always right!"

It's clearly a flaw in the storyline, Ishida shouldn't be killing anything, because one, hes forsaking the soul and two it's leaking out and causing the whole universes foundations to tear apart.
Member
580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Somewhere in that...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

riavan wrote:

I clearly wasn't. I mentioned it was from a filler arc on purpose, so I could get to the bottom of this whole thing. So please stop acting so angry? I swear he kills other hollows occasionally, (besides of course the massive ammount he shot when he was first introduced in his battle with ichigo). I'm far too lazy to go searching through a bunch of episodes/manga. I was hoping someone more like you, who bleach is clearly everything to, could remember another point in time, instead of jumping to the authors defense going "nonono, bleach is always right!"

It's clearly a flaw in the storyline, Ishida shouldn't be killing anything, because one, hes forsaking the soul and two it's leaking out and causing the whole universes foundations to tear apart.


*facepalm*
What is it with you guys assuming things, so you're saying that I get pissed off because someone on the net disagrees with me.....

>_> .... do better??

And there's that stupid assumption again "who Bleach is clearly everything to"

>_>

<_<

this would've been funny if you weren't so hung up over a fictional character killing fictional souls

And I don't think Bleach is right, Kubo has pretty much screwed up the power levels and also gave proof to his poor writing by giving Orihime her god mode abilities. I lost all interest in Bleach after the SS arc, I'm only reading it for Ichimaru Gin's sake.

Right now, I don't think SS gives a damn about who you are, you could be a squirrel on crack, but as long as your useful in Aizen's defeat, it doesn't matter. And your forgetting Ishida is included in Ichigo's group, which means he won't stop fighting anytime soon until the series end. So it's better to just let go of the whole issue, since you're just wasting your time fretting over it.
Oh and FYI, I wasn't angry when I wrote this post or for the last one, I'm actually watching KHR right now, which is amazing.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

crazyrodent96 wrote:


riavan wrote:

I clearly wasn't. I mentioned it was from a filler arc on purpose, so I could get to the bottom of this whole thing. So please stop acting so angry? I swear he kills other hollows occasionally, (besides of course the massive ammount he shot when he was first introduced in his battle with ichigo). I'm far too lazy to go searching through a bunch of episodes/manga. I was hoping someone more like you, who bleach is clearly everything to, could remember another point in time, instead of jumping to the authors defense going "nonono, bleach is always right!"

It's clearly a flaw in the storyline, Ishida shouldn't be killing anything, because one, hes forsaking the soul and two it's leaking out and causing the whole universes foundations to tear apart.


*facepalm*
What is it with you guys assuming things, so you're saying that I get pissed off because someone on the net disagrees with me.....

>_> .... do better??

And there's that stupid assumption again "who Bleach is clearly everything to"

>_>

<_<

this would've been funny if you weren't so hung up over a fictional character killing fictional souls

And I don't think Bleach is right, Kubo has pretty much screwed up the power levels and also gave proof to his poor writing by giving Orihime her god mode abilities. I lost all interest in Bleach after the SS arc, I'm only reading it for Ichimaru Gin's sake.

Right now, I don't think SS gives a damn about who you are, you could be a squirrel on crack, but as long as your useful in Aizen's defeat, it doesn't matter. And your forgetting Ishida is included in Ichigo's group, which means he won't stop fighting anytime soon until the series end. So it's better to just let go of the whole issue, since you're just wasting your time fretting over it.
Oh and FYI, I wasn't angry when I wrote this post or for the last one, I'm actually watching KHR right now, which is amazing.


TLDR, not comming back to this thread again, dont quote me, you win, feel good about yourself now.
Member
580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Somewhere in that...
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

riavan wrote:

TLDR, not comming back to this thread again, dont quote me, you win, feel good about yourself now.


/sigh
I DO agree with you, that Ishida shouldn't be killing hollows, it's like you said a major flaw but then again there are already so many plot holes and flaws, it doesn't really matter. I wasn't arguing to win, jeez , I was pointing out the other obvious flaws of Kubo's writing, such as the screwed up power levels, Orihime's ultimate deus ex machina etc, you didn't need to be so petty about it.
Posted 11/2/08
Like some people said, It`s just ONE quincy xD
But, not allowing them to go to soul society is kinda sad..
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Karakura Town/Konoha
Offline
Posted 3/12/09
Well the hollows already had a chance in life (as humans) and they die to become spirits/ghosts watever and then hollows. The hollows just cause destruction and pain in the world and there are plenty of shinigami already so the Quincy way is quite logical. Uryu is very smart and he can kill hollows at a rapid speed. It's quite incredible actually. There's nothing wrong with the way Quincies kill hollows.
Member
214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/10
Ishida's bug spray kills millions of souls that could've enter a peaceful place.that is fcking annoying!!!
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / A Dark Room
Offline
Posted 4/19/10
Why yes, Ishida killing hollows is so damn annoying. It is like "Here is my majestic arrow!". Then boom there gone! Where is the fun in that!?
11007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/26/10
I agree, it is annoying that this hasn't really been addressed in the anime or manga as far as I've read or seen. The thing is I don't think his powers (Ishida) actually have to destroy the soul completely. Orihime and chad both fight hollows and no one ever said that them killing hollows destroys the souls completely. When they first introduce the quincy they give their deathblow arrows a different affect from the normal killed by a death god death scene. Instead of breaking up into blue spirit particles to be reincarnated or end up in soul society, which we have never seen a former hollow in soul society so it might just be a big lie, when Ishida kills a hollow the surface seems to burn a way and the spirit particles invert in color and seem to dissolve like evaporation. This seems to be the sign that a soul is destroyed and not cleansed/restored/reincarnated/sent to SS. When chad and Orihime used their power to kill a hollow we don't see that and they essentially blow up the hollows body with their powers. Rukia mentioned early on that they had to cut the head off the hollows body to kill it. While they deviated from that in many methods to kill hollows I think they idea is anything that can hurt a spiritual body and remove the head kills the hollow form, but dosent destroy the soul and thus essentially does the same thing as a death god's sword. Thus killing hollows without destroy the soul permanently. Thus Ishida's Quincy powers don't have to utterly destroy a soul, its a choice. The effect for his early form of killing hollows was removed later own and hollows seemed to dissolve like they normally do for the others, I took this to mean he had modified the arrows so they destroy the body's form, but no longer completely destroy the particles the body is made of.

Think of the normal arrows of the quincy as a whole as specific nukes that break the spirit particle bonds completely and destroy the souls forever and what he uses now as gun, it kills them but not completely destroys their immortal souls.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.