First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The Lost city of Atlantis
Posted 5/30/08
wow, a rock is proving that an old civilazation exists. but if we do know that an old civization exists where do you think we got a the edvience from, books probally and some writing. so it is possible
13761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 5/30/08
Hmm the lost city.....
actually.... from the past till now.... lots of land had sunk ....to the bottom of the sea....
so its not strange to think that Atlantis is one of them....

But about Human mutated ... to live under water.... that i do not believe
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 5/30/08
wouldnt it be so cool if it actually existed

i think ther might have been but probably not with "advanced technology" maybe as much technology as the ancient egyptians
28563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / ~wherever sarcasm...
Offline
Posted 5/30/08
I somehow believe that it did exist
I mean, if atlantis didn't exist, where did they get the idea of it if it's not true?
1192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / elysian fields
Offline
Posted 6/3/08 , edited 6/3/08
A philosopher - i'm unsure if it's plato or socrates, once mentioned an advance civilization in his book. (pardon me for being not certain, i think the book's name is Republique.) Many scientists believe that he's pertaining to atlantis. Most archeologist also firmly believe in its existence, based on the relics they have unearthed. So assuming that this city really existed, personally i don't believe that they are as advanced as us today. Unless perhaps, they have been aided by aliens. hehehe. And also, if you want to immerse yourself in studying lost cities, research lemuria as well. The latter is similar to Atlantis in many aspects
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
ok so wiki says that atlantis sank into the ocean after failing to conquer athens. If they had far superior technology how did they fail to conquer a primitive greek society?

Note: I want to belive... just this fact didnt line up...
3768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / land of promise,...
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
i wonder if spongebob and patrick are there... and btw, i dont believe in that.
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
Ooooh rock *Drool*
Yeah If you guys have seen the new movie of Indiana Jones.
*Spoiler*
They were there, because the Crystall Skull belongs to the Aliens
that built the Atlantis and it's technology....
I like sci fi.
1056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Irvine, CA
Offline
Posted 6/4/08

Caloei wrote:

Ooooh rock *Drool*
Yeah If you guys have seen the new movie of Indiana Jones.
*Spoiler*
They were there, because the Crystall Skull belongs to the Aliens
that built the Atlantis and it's technology....
I like sci fi.


Uh... that was not Atlantis. That was the City of Gold. (You know, El Dorado)
133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/4/08

dEMIURGE_23 wrote:

A philosopher - i'm unsure if it's plato or socrates, once mentioned an advance civilization in his book. (pardon me for being not certain, i think the book's name is Republique.) Many scientists believe that he's pertaining to atlantis. Most archeologist also firmly believe in its existence, based on the relics they have unearthed. So assuming that this city really existed, personally i don't believe that they are as advanced as us today. Unless perhaps, they have been aided by aliens. hehehe. And also, if you want to immerse yourself in studying lost cities, research lemuria as well. The latter is similar to Atlantis in many aspects


Atlantis is mentioned in Plato's dialogues, although he claimed that their story was originally recorded by Egyptian priests. I honestly am unable to believe in Atlantis, Lemuria, or Mu. I think they merely represent the wish for a paradise or the impossibility of an earthly paradise existing, similarly to El Dorado or even Heaven. In any case I don't think islands and continents sink. Plate tectonics anyone?
1192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / elysian fields
Offline
Posted 6/4/08

EROSORE wrote:


dEMIURGE_23 wrote:

A philosopher - i'm unsure if it's plato or socrates, once mentioned an advance civilization in his book. (pardon me for being not certain, i think the book's name is Republique.) Many scientists believe that he's pertaining to atlantis. Most archeologist also firmly believe in its existence, based on the relics they have unearthed. So assuming that this city really existed, personally i don't believe that they are as advanced as us today. Unless perhaps, they have been aided by aliens. hehehe. And also, if you want to immerse yourself in studying lost cities, research lemuria as well. The latter is similar to Atlantis in many aspects


Atlantis is mentioned in Plato's dialogues, although he claimed that their story was originally recorded by Egyptian priests. I honestly am unable to believe in Atlantis, Lemuria, or Mu. I think they merely represent the wish for a paradise or the impossibility of an earthly paradise existing, similarly to El Dorado or even Heaven. In any case I don't think islands and continents sink. Plate tectonics anyone?


for argument's sake. As per plate tectonics theory- islands do sink. Familiar with land bridges? they once connected several countries but they did sink. so, what's the difference between them and islands. Please enlighten me oh wise one
5479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/4/08
I for one believe in Atlantis. I do not believe however that it was more advanced than modern civilization just more advanced than others at the time. Oh and Plato never actually names the civilization or island or city in his dialogue.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 6/4/08
they say 10,000 years ago there was a global super civilization that was wiped out..
Posted 6/4/08
Well ..it might be a pure rock , a stone , or a boulder . u might not know .. things make u wonder ..why ? why ? why ? hmmm ...in fact mysteries lie beyond ur imagination .
3999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / PLANET FIERCE BABY!
Offline
Posted 6/4/08
i think that the lost city of atlantis could have exsisted as a city that fell under water like a cliff colapsed and the city fell with it, killing all the people in the fall...like a giant rock sliding off a hill...yeah...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.