First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Changes?
Member
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 11/30/08 , edited 11/30/08
at first i thought yuri is a bit... awkward.. but after watching a few episodes, i kinda liked it! 2 girls about to kiss each other, hugging with affection, and staring at each other with those inocent eyes.... wooooo.. scenes like those makes me all exited!

because of this anime, i started to like yuri animes. BUT, even if i havent seen shounen ai animes, i still think its disgusting to see 2 guys kissing... oh man.. imagining 2 guys kissing makes me feel naucious....
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

trutel wrote:

at first i thought yuri is a bit... awkward.. but after watching a few episodes, i kinda liked it! 2 girls about to kiss each other, hugging with affection, and staring at each other with those inocent eyes.... wooooo.. scenes like those makes me all exited!

because of this anime, i started to like yuri animes. BUT, even if i havent seen shounen ai animes, i still think its disgusting to see 2 guys kissing... oh man.. imagining 2 guys kissing makes me feel naucious....


Lol thats cause your a guy Im sure their are girls out there that feel the exact opposite way.

I must say though, im not brave enough to try yaoi yet either
Member
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

sebster10 wrote:


trutel wrote:

at first i thought yuri is a bit... awkward.. but after watching a few episodes, i kinda liked it! 2 girls about to kiss each other, hugging with affection, and staring at each other with those inocent eyes.... wooooo.. scenes like those makes me all exited!

because of this anime, i started to like yuri animes. BUT, even if i havent seen shounen ai animes, i still think its disgusting to see 2 guys kissing... oh man.. imagining 2 guys kissing makes me feel naucious....


Lol thats cause your a guy Im sure their are girls out there that feel the exact opposite way.

I must say though, im not brave enough to try yaoi yet either


i must say, you judge people without even knowing them first. read my lips, i dont like gays. being a gay will be the last thing ill ever be.

1 more thing, IF i AM gay, i should like it when 2 guys kiss each other and i should be disgusted when 2 girls kiss each other. gays love BOYS, not girls.

we people have our own likes and dislikes, not because someone likes cartoons doesnt mean he/she is childish. also, the fact that someone likes studying doesnt also prove that that person is smart. that logic is no different with whoever likes/dislikes yuri animes. dont judge a book by its cover.

again, by answering your question, am i gay? no im not. are you?
528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Emo Street
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
uhh... first time i watched a yuri anime.. though its not my style but this is okay .. no hardcore -.- i don't mind watching this lolz btw, yuri are better than yaoi rite ?? any comments???
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Holland ;'D
Offline
Posted 12/2/08
I absolutely LOVE Strawberry Panic.
What surprises me is to see that so many of you don't really like yuri, but do like this series.

At trutel and sebster10: I am a girl, and I am not gay, but I love yuri.
[to be exact, SP isn't really yuri, it's shoujo-ai... but who cares.]
I also like yaoi, but I think yuri is better.
I agree that we need to balance it out xD
Because I have seen an awful lot of good yaoi/shounen-ai series, but I have only encountered a few good yuri/shoujo-ai ones.
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/2/08

trutel wrote:


sebster10 wrote:


trutel wrote:

at first i thought yuri is a bit... awkward.. but after watching a few episodes, i kinda liked it! 2 girls about to kiss each other, hugging with affection, and staring at each other with those inocent eyes.... wooooo.. scenes like those makes me all exited!

because of this anime, i started to like yuri animes. BUT, even if i havent seen shounen ai animes, i still think its disgusting to see 2 guys kissing... oh man.. imagining 2 guys kissing makes me feel naucious....


Lol thats cause your a guy Im sure their are girls out there that feel the exact opposite way.

I must say though, im not brave enough to try yaoi yet either


i must say, you judge people without even knowing them first. read my lips, i dont like gays. being a gay will be the last thing ill ever be.

1 more thing, IF i AM gay, i should like it when 2 guys kiss each other and i should be disgusted when 2 girls kiss each other. gays love BOYS, not girls.

we people have our own likes and dislikes, not because someone likes cartoons doesnt mean he/she is childish. also, the fact that someone likes studying doesnt also prove that that person is smart. that logic is no different with whoever likes/dislikes yuri animes. dont judge a book by its cover.

again, by answering your question, am i gay? no im not. are you?


First of all, why are you going nuts at me? How in anyway did I offend you?
And please point out where I called you gay....... cause I think you will find that imposible

Also you shouldn't judge gays for being gay, its like judging someone for being a different colour to you
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/2/08

XiaoWuGui-_- wrote:

uhh... first time i watched a yuri anime.. though its not my style but this is okay .. no hardcore -.- i don't mind watching this lolz btw, yuri are better than yaoi rite ?? any comments???


Yaoi is generally more hardcore I think, which is why I havnt really wanted to try it
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/2/08

xSafiria wrote:

I absolutely LOVE Strawberry Panic.
What surprises me is to see that so many of you don't really like yuri, but do like this series.

At trutel and sebster10: I am a girl, and I am not gay, but I love yuri.
[to be exact, SP isn't really yuri, it's shoujo-ai... but who cares.]
I also like yaoi, but I think yuri is better.
I agree that we need to balance it out xD
Because I have seen an awful lot of good yaoi/shounen-ai series, but I have only encountered a few good yuri/shoujo-ai ones.


I think people like this because lots of the partners in this story have very male personalitys; Shizuma, Amane, Kaname and Yaya.

Also I wasn't saying that you have to be a lesbian to like yuri, I think that although it does make a difference if it is yuri the main thing that people like about it is the personallity or something, not them having a female body, sorry it that doesn't make sense, I don't know how to express it

Also there are alot less yuri series than yaoi so there is bound to be more good yaoi.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Holland ;'D
Offline
Posted 12/2/08

sebster10 wrote:

I think people like this because lots of the partners in this story have very male personalitys; Shizuma, Amane, Kaname and Yaya.

Also I wasn't saying that you have to be a lesbian to like yuri, I think that although it does make a difference if it is yuri the main thing that people like about it is the personallity or something, not them having a female body, sorry it that doesn't make sense, I don't know how to express it

Also there are alot less yuri series than yaoi so there is bound to be more good yaoi.


I agree with you.
Some of the characters resemble boys, like Amane and Kaname.
That must be one of the reasons why it is less awkward for you.
And you do make sense, I understand what you're trying to say. They characters seem more male than female, so it doesn't seem 'off'.
But you see the same thing in shounen-ai/yaoi, so you should try that, too.
Most characters in yaoi resemble females!
I hope you give it a shot. =]
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/2/08 , edited 12/2/08

xSafiria wrote:


sebster10 wrote:

I think people like this because lots of the partners in this story have very male personalitys; Shizuma, Amane, Kaname and Yaya.

Also I wasn't saying that you have to be a lesbian to like yuri, I think that although it does make a difference if it is yuri the main thing that people like about it is the personallity or something, not them having a female body, sorry it that doesn't make sense, I don't know how to express it

Also there are alot less yuri series than yaoi so there is bound to be more good yaoi.


I agree with you.
Some of the characters resemble boys, like Amane and Kaname.
That must be one of the reasons why it is less awkward for you.
And you do make sense, I understand what you're trying to say. They characters seem more male than female, so it doesn't seem 'off'.
But you see the same thing in shounen-ai/yaoi, so you should try that, too.
Most characters in yaoi resemble females!
I hope you give it a shot. =]


I personally don't find it awkard at all but I think I proberly would find yaoi awkard. Actually correction, I find it awkard when someone else walks into the room, especially when a hardcore scene comes on Its just like....... awkard....
But yea I dont mean that, I was talking about the characters that have female personalitys, sometimes male personalitys get annoying or cliche(think I spelled that right ) but I suppose its the same with female but with yuri and yaoi its different so its more interesting.
Anyway I think SP wouldn't as good with male characters.
Now I pretty sure you won't understand me that time
Member
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 12/2/08

sebster10 wrote:

First of all, why are you going nuts at me? How in anyway did I offend you?
And please point out where I called you gay....... cause I think you will find that imposible

Also you shouldn't judge gays for being gay, its like judging someone for being a different colour to you


am I going nuts at you? have I said anything about you offending me? =_=" all i said was, dont judge a book by its cover.

point out where you call me gay? read you posts. or do you need me to point it out for you? its the 2nd post of page 5. nuff said.

im not judging gays for being gay. im only siting an example for you.

and, i dont judge people unless they judge me. you said i am judging someone for being a different colour? well well.. look whos talking..

and please... be sure to understand everything first before commenting on someone's post, i mean, do you really have to quote what everybody said? its as if your finding someone to argue with you. first of all, if you dont want other people to argue with you, i suggest you think first before posting. what if someone calls you a gay? (like what you call me when you quoted my post.) i suppose you wont get angry? =_="
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/3/08

trutel wrote:


sebster10 wrote:

First of all, why are you going nuts at me? How in anyway did I offend you?
And please point out where I called you gay....... cause I think you will find that imposible

Also you shouldn't judge gays for being gay, its like judging someone for being a different colour to you


am I going nuts at you? have I said anything about you offending me? =_=" all i said was, dont judge a book by its cover.

point out where you call me gay? read you posts. or do you need me to point it out for you? its the 2nd post of page 5. nuff said.

im not judging gays for being gay. im only siting an example for you.

and, i dont judge people unless they judge me. you said i am judging someone for being a different colour? well well.. look whos talking..

and please... be sure to understand everything first before commenting on someone's post, i mean, do you really have to quote what everybody said? its as if your finding someone to argue with you. first of all, if you dont want other people to argue with you, i suggest you think first before posting. what if someone calls you a gay? (like what you call me when you quoted my post.) i suppose you wont get angry? =_="


Yes you where going nuts but anyway, look again please and you will find that I didn't call you gay........ unless of course you think that guy, means gay..... in that case I must say that you are a tard.
How am I judging you?
Also I am not gay, I just don't like racists or homophobics.

If you quote someones post they get a notification about it that way you can have a convo with them, one of those people was asking a question, I explained, the other misunderstood me, did I argue with either of them? No.... and you will find you started this arguement too.
Member
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 12/3/08

sebster10 wrote:

Yes you where going nuts but anyway, look again please and you will find that I didn't call you gay........ unless of course you think that guy, means gay..... in that case I must say that you are a tard.
How am I judging you?
Also I am not gay, I just don't like racists or homophobics.

If you quote someones post they get a notification about it that way you can have a convo with them, one of those people was asking a question, I explained, the other misunderstood me, did I argue with either of them? No.... and you will find you started this arguement too.



sebster10 wrote:

Lol thats cause your a guy Im sure their are girls out there that feel the exact opposite way.

I must say though, im not brave enough to try yaoi yet either


i stand corrected.. i miss read it as gay instead of guy... =_="

i wont critisize what you just said anymore, ill just add more fuel to the fire.. and were not going anywhere with this..

i just cant stand it when people call me names, the very word i dislike is the word gay and i snap easily when someone calls me that. anyway, i deeply apologize, sorry for misunderstanding.. i wont blame you if you got angry with me..
Member
1646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / F/ Do I know...
Offline
Posted 12/3/08 , edited 12/3/08

sebster10 wrote:

Yes you where going nuts but anyway, look again please and you will find that I didn't call you gay........ unless of course you think that guy, means gay..... in that case I must say that you are a tard.
How am I judging you?
Also I am not gay, I just don't like racists or homophobics.

If you quote someones post they get a notification about it that way you can have a convo with them, one of those people was asking a question, I explained, the other misunderstood me, did I argue with either of them? No.... and you will find you started this arguement too.



trutel wrote:

i stand corrected.. i miss read it as gay instead of guy... =_="

i wont critisize what you just said anymore, ill just add more fuel to the fire.. and were not going anywhere with this..

i just cant stand it when people call me names, the very word i dislike is the word gay and i snap easily when someone calls me that. anyway, i deeply apologize, sorry for misunderstanding.. i wont blame you if you got angry with me.. :mellow:


Alright alright both of you stop it.. Everything started with just a misunderstanding, come on, cool it.. trutel already apologized, lets all have an war-free discussion here..

I understand trutel a bit though.. I also dont like other people calling me names.. In my case, I get angry easily when someone calls me a coward.. And I'll do whatever it takes to prove them wrong, I'll even go as far as sticking my head inside a lion's mouth if I have to. IM DEAD SERIOUS...

Going back to the topic, about this anime....... I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Member
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Godmanchester
Offline
Posted 12/3/08

trutel wrote:
i stand corrected.. i miss read it as gay instead of guy... =_="

i wont critisize what you just said anymore, ill just add more fuel to the fire.. and were not going anywhere with this..

i just cant stand it when people call me names, the very word i dislike is the word gay and i snap easily when someone calls me that. anyway, i deeply apologize, sorry for misunderstanding.. i wont blame you if you got angry with me..


Accepted but next time make sure you've read the post correctly first


morrisuy123 wrote:

Alright alright both of you stop it.. Everything started with just a misunderstanding, come on, cool it.. trutel already apologized, lets all have an war-free discussion here..

I understand trutel a bit though.. I also dont like other people calling me names.. In my case, I get angry easily when someone calls me a coward.. And I'll do whatever it takes to prove them wrong, I'll even go as far as sticking my head inside a lion's mouth if I have to. IM DEAD SERIOUS...

Going back to the topic, about this anime....... I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No one likes people that insult others for no reason
But in answer to the later bit of your post, hell yes!!! Strawberry Panic is the shiz!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.