First  Prev  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next  Last
Post Reply The Recommend Music Thread ~Read First Post~
6396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / Anime
Offline
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14
CR ID / Name: anduspus

Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Sum 41 (songs: In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Over My Head, With Me, Pieces, The Hell Song) Billy Talent, Nirvana, Blink-182

Genres that I wish to be recommended: Punk

Comments:

I want to discover a catchy uplifting punk band like Sum 41!
13124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/14

anduspus wrote:

CR ID / Name: anduspus

Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Sum 41 (songs: In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Over My Head, With Me, Pieces, The Hell Song) Billy Talent, Nirvana, Blink-182

Genres that I wish to be recommended: Punk

Comments:

I want to discover a catchy uplifting punk band like Sum 41!


You're killing me with the "uplifting". I realize now that I don't listen to enough uplifting music.
I would recommend the album "Tell All Your Friends" by Taking Back Sunday. It fits in moderately well with your criteria.
1230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/30/14 , edited 8/21/14
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Clamiku
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: LiSA, Minori Chihara
Genres that I wish to be recommended: JPOP
Comments: Please recommend ARTISTS, not SONGS

thanks guys ^_^
7432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

anduspus wrote:

CR ID / Name: anduspus

Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Sum 41 (songs: In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Over My Head, With Me, Pieces, The Hell Song) Billy Talent, Nirvana, Blink-182

Genres that I wish to be recommended: Punk

Comments:

I want to discover a catchy uplifting punk band like Sum 41!



I'm not going to use the format they told me to use so I hope I don't get chewed out, but.. if you like Sum 41 and Blink-182 you'll probably like Simple Plan, Matt Toka and MXPX. As for catchy uplifting punk, you can't go wrong with pop punk. Check out Masked Intruder, Saves The Day (you might wanna start with Through Being Cool because they hit a dark period after their third album), and maybe The Story So Far.
21082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 9/15/14
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Thfelese
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Would love from the same band, but i don't think there will be so any band will do.
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Any genre will do.
Comments: Here is the music i'm listening.
Douse Konna no ga Suki desho #03 【Katanagatari OST Vol.02】http://youtu.be/xlEpvs1ENrw
I like how it's fast-paced and loud it is.
27607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/15/14 , edited 9/15/14
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: TsunLemon
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Choro Club feat. Senoo; Marble, Shimokawa Mikuni, Eufonius, Makino Yui
Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Comments: Preferably something instrumental similar to Aria's OST, but artists similar to the ones mentioned would be appreciated too.
11018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: KHearts21
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Cinema Staff, Rin Toshite Sigure, Lyu:Lyu, NICO Touches the Walls, Hemenway
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Alternative Rock, Post Rock, Acoustic Rock
Comments: I'm not really into upbeat songs
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hong Kong
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Thfelese wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Thfelese
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Would love from the same band, but i don't think there will be so any band will do.
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Any genre will do.
Comments: Here is the music i'm listening.
Douse Konna no ga Suki desho #03 【Katanagatari OST Vol.02】http://youtu.be/xlEpvs1ENrw
I like how it's fast-paced and loud it is.

Well, if you like fast-paced songs, you should try listening to:

Wake Up! by AAA (One of One Piece's OP)
君じゃなきゃダメみたい by オーイシマサヨシ (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun's OP)
Distance by Kana Nishino
Imagination by Spyair (Haikyuu!!'s 1st OP)
Take Your Way (livetune Remix) by Fukase
絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 by Soraru (Dangan Ronpa's ED)

And for some songs I've been listening to recently:

Love by AAA
Mirror by Rei Yasuda (pretty fast-paced)
Passcode 4854 (パスコドパスコド4854) by Rei Yasuda
Blue (ブルー) by Fujifabric
Blessing A Gift For You by aki、あじっこ、仮面ライアー217、KOOL、ココル、しゅーず、S­!N、タイ焼き屋、nqrse、にっとメガネ、柊優花、まお、Mes、Ry☆ (utaites)
Birthday Song for Miku by Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, MEIKO and KAITO
Friday's Good Morning (金曜日のおはよう) by GUMI


1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 15 days ago , edited 15 days ago

A-star1536 wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: A-star1536
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
A Day To Remember, The Word Alive, Attack Attack, Abandon All Ships, A Bullet for Pretty Boy, Everyone Dies in Utah, Woe, Is Me, Emmure, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men, The Air I Breathe, Whitechapel, Chelsea Grin, Oceano, Winds Of Plague, Suicide Silence, etc, etc.
Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Post Hardcore, Metalcore
Comments:
I just recently started getting back into this type of music and I've spent hours trying to find new bands/songs.
Hardly any success. So if you have an idea...please, please help me out here. C:



Not my kind of music anymore but the metalcore stuff I can remember listening to were some obvious ones like BMTH, Blessthefall, The Devil Wears Prada. If you're looking for more music in that field though then there's others like Alesana, Attila, etc

If you want to bump it up to some faster and harder hitting stuff let me know and I can better recommend from that.

Edit: Code Orange is a band in the hardcore area but their newest release, I Am King, is pretty damn gnarly and feels slightly more metal while retaining their hardcore elements so that's worth a listen because it's something new for their sound but not completely different.


UnbridledChaos wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: UnbridledChaos
Favorite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Anti-Flag, The Unseen, The Casualties, etc
Genres that I wish to be recommended: J-punk or hardcore or something along those lines
Comments: Basically I'm Looking for some Japanese punk. I want something fast, energetic, angry, and in your face. I'm in the process of learning Japanese and i want something to keep in that Japanese mode. but i don't want none of that gay crap i have to suffer through at the beginning of my animes :p


There's PALM. Other than that, I'm not as familiar with Japanese punk/hardcore as I'm slowly becoming with Japanese Death/Doom Metal.
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11 days ago
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Crystalwolf97
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Evanescence, Within Temptation, Skillet and Linkin Park
Comments: Some of my favourites songs by them are Monster, Lost, Numb, Not gonna die, Lost in the echo and Going Under If you can get some thing like them Thanks!
22044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10 days ago
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: FlyingPiranha

Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Death Grips, Thrice, Periphery, Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan, Cloudkicker, Radiohead, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dear Hunter, Supercell, Tricot, Protest the Hero, Circa Survive, Coheed and Cambria, P.O.S, Eminem, Big Boi, The Fall of Troy.

Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Anything really. I lean more towards heavier, more emotional sounding stuff, or music that has something unique to it. I think the bands I posted are pretty solid guidelines. I love bands that try different styles/dynamics and don't stick to one thing.
61645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8 days ago

FlyingPiranha wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: FlyingPiranha

Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Death Grips, Thrice, Periphery, Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan, Cloudkicker, Radiohead, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dear Hunter, Supercell, Tricot, Protest the Hero, Circa Survive, Coheed and Cambria, P.O.S, Eminem, Big Boi, The Fall of Troy.

Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Anything really. I lean more towards heavier, more emotional sounding stuff, or music that has something unique to it. I think the bands I posted are pretty solid guidelines. I love bands that try different styles/dynamics and don't stick to one thing.


I'd suggest checking out these:
Metric
Silversun Pickups
Esben and the Witch
Fucked Up
61645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8 days ago

Crystalwolf97 wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Crystalwolf97
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Evanescence, Within Temptation, Skillet and Linkin Park
Comments: Some of my favourites songs by them are Monster, Lost, Numb, Not gonna die, Lost in the echo and Going Under If you can get some thing like them Thanks!


If you like Evanescence, then go to the source, I say! Lacuna Coil has been around for a long time and has quite a few albums.
2141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / kanagawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 23 hours ago
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Cheeto5000
Favourite bands and/or songs that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Tommy Heavenly6/February6, Perfume, Urbangarde, kyary pamy pamyu, Aira Mitsuki, capsule.
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Jpop more on the electro/synthpop side
Comments: Just looking to find more and newer bands in the genre. Thanks!
First  Prev  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.