First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Life n Death
Posted 6/6/08
it is better to live one day seeing the deathless state than to live a hundred years not seeing the deathless state.
It is better to live one day seeing the ultimate truth than to live a hundred years not seeing the ultimate truth.
Vigilance is the realm of immortality, negligence is the realm of death.
People who re vigilant do not die, people who re negligent re as if death.

Do you fear death?
When do you feel "alive"?
Why re we living now?
4479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
I do not fear death. It will happen weither I fear it or not that is the truth. I feel alive when I am alive weither I am sleeping eating, anything, I feel ike I am on earth. We are alive for the soul purpose to live and have the human race prosper and such is our and every other living creature's "mission" simple as that.
Posted 6/6/08
I don't fear death because it will happen but I have alot of things to live for as well. Nobody is promised tomarrow so I at least live my days like my last because if im gone tomarrow I want to have no regretts.
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Up North....
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
I do not fear death because it just happens. Just live ur life. "sooner or later u will close ur eyes and never wake up"
(doesnt include those who dies with theyre eyes open)
13761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
I had rise from dead....
Death is nothing.... to the like of me
Posted 2/17/09
I dont fear death. I'm more afraid of the fact that I'm going to leave my family and would possibly cause so much pain for them. It might sound cruel that we have to be part with them but it is part of my life. It's the proof of your existence. So as much as possible i'd live like death isnt on my way. Create wonderful memories so that you will never be forgotten. Because in the end, everything will just be a memory.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 2/17/09

hamstersvett wrote:

I do not fear death because it just happens. Just live ur life. "sooner or later u will close ur eyes and never wake up"
(doesnt include those who dies with theyre eyes open)


i heard someone sleep with their eyes open
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/17/09

unexpectable wrote:


hamstersvett wrote:

I do not fear death because it just happens. Just live ur life. "sooner or later u will close ur eyes and never wake up"
(doesnt include those who dies with theyre eyes open)


i heard someone sleep with their eyes open


When you sleep with your eyes open its called foxes doze,people say thats how i sleep...
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/17/09 , edited 2/17/09

mystycassis wrote:

it is better to live one day seeing the deathless state than to live a hundred years not seeing the deathless state.
It is better to live one day seeing the ultimate truth than to live a hundred years not seeing the ultimate truth.
Vigilance is the realm of immortality, negligence is the realm of death.
People who re vigilant do not die, people who re negligent re as if death.

Do you fear death?
When do you feel "alive"?
Why re we living now?



Well, I never truly face death, so I do not know. Most likely I will fear death… (Thank God for armor)

What I been told by troops is that every one fears death; but what makes you brave is that you do not back down knowing that you can die.
Posted 2/18/09
I fear death on the occasion. It's a natural instinct to fear it, so that we avoid things that risk our lives and survive to reproduce and what not.
In terms of what death is, no idea, I've only seen what happens to the body. Though I am a huge skeptic of anything relating to the afterlife, I guess I shouldn't be completely ignorant to those ideas. We know the body decays anyway, so I'd be happy being buried straight into the ground and give back to the earth, horrah.
Is my life fulfilling? Not yet, no. I'm still young, haven't found what I want to do with my life properly. I feel when I do then I will be happy, in saying that I don't feel like my life is missing anything either. I am happy living with my family and just going through every day, even if it seems boring at times. I feel 'alive' when I am happy, I suppose.
Why are we living? Hmm, one of those age old questions I suppose. Why do we need a specific reason more like it. Maybe that's why mothers and fathers always feel such a bond to their children (or seem to)? It seems to give them purpose.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 2/18/09 , edited 2/18/09

miserykitsune wrote:


unexpectable wrote:


hamstersvett wrote:

I do not fear death because it just happens. Just live ur life. "sooner or later u will close ur eyes and never wake up"
(doesnt include those who dies with theyre eyes open)


i heard someone sleep with their eyes open


When you sleep with your eyes open its called foxes doze,people say thats how i sleep...


cool..
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/09

mystycassis wrote:
it is better to live one day seeing the deathless state than to live a hundred years not seeing the deathless state.

Not entirely sure what you mean by deathless, so I'm going to leave this question unanswered.

mystycassis wrote:
It is better to live one day seeing the ultimate truth than to live a hundred years not seeing the ultimate truth.

One day seeing the ultimate truth than to live a hundred years.


mystycassis wrote:
Do you fear death?

No.

mystycassis wrote:
When do you feel "alive"?

Alive as in breathing and existing? Yes.

mystycassis wrote:
Why re we living now?

Good question...



I really hope this doesn't turn into a religion vs anti-religion thread; even though it's probably bound to.

8211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
Well, honestly I fear death.

I know there's gotta be something after death. I have faith that there is. Im catholic so I believe in heaven. But I still fear death none the less.

As for life, I feel that there's something magical about it. Can't really explain it. Its a feeling.

But this song always helps to calm me down. Its such an underrated song. Go listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4tcRlHY-3Q


And you say
Be still my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in
Dont you understand
I already have a plan
Im waiting for my real life to begin

5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
Death is pretty much like taxes, only it doesn't get worse every year.
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Maui
Offline
Posted 2/18/09
I'm not afraid of Death, however I am a little afraid of HOW I will die.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.