First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Conformity the Obligatory adherence in today's society
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
Western world encourages individuality. Eastern world encourages harmony. This kind of question will only attract subjectivity.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08
pretty sure this is duplicate but a good thread anyway
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-44013/How-often-do-you-conform.html
similar but different, I guess this thread is good then

I hate how individuality is being punished where I live. However in some places you have to conform
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

Bleachloverf wrote:

I was talking about how to live the pretenses of existentialism.We constitute the world around us when we see in curved lines not necessarily in lineation.If we see ourselves promote our interests and denote posession we may have been able to contrite a world.We live by our interests and thus they should be furthered through the extension of body, soul, heart and mind.Thus giving us a sense of realism and no falsehood is acquitted.


Please explain this paragraph, as it seems like you are not really saying that much and are just using complicated phrases to sound intelligent. Also if you are talking about "how to live the pretenses of existentialism," then your previous statements conflict with what existential philosophy states about selfhood and identity.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
meh.. humans are social animals but unlike the animals we have the curse of self-awareness.. we worry too much about what other people might think, that we unconsciously make a compromise and sacrifice a bit of our individuality and conform .. sometimes there's a rouge maverick who appears to be out of context that he is immediately labeled as "eccentric" assuming that he is rich or "insane" assuming that he is broke.

there are instances however that striving for anarchy by breaking free from the mainstream some people end up being unique for the time being until the idea catches on and they find themselves unique no more.. they just became different just like everybody else.

9082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
really depends on what you mean about conformity.. according to sociologist Stanley Milgram it simply means "going along with peers" so just depends
22358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Nightscape
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

Bleachloverf wrote:

What does it mean to exist? To further aspirations that will not be concieved by the world or to flounder in society's rancidness.

To Conform is to necessitate yourself as a progmatic individual abiding by any illusion which is not yourself.To furtherly exist is by have some reprehension of living and to condense meaning from fiction.Which is meaning is why to live ,why to aspire,why disclose feelings that are tracked through media.In having an inventory of affirmation one becomes metaphysically stronger and less subtle to societal protocals.An inventory consists of importance but importance that is pervayed by yourself and only by yourself.


Care to Deliberate?


Although I am not absolutely positive, I am concerned that the underlined portion of your original post may contain a grammatical error. If I am incorrect I apologize sincerely.

Darn I misspelled sincerely.
5384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ふぃりぴん!
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

note wrote:


Bleachloverf wrote:

What does it mean to exist? To further aspirations that will not be concieved by the world or to flounder in society's rancidness.

To Conform is to necessitate yourself as a progmatic individual abiding by any illusion which is not yourself.To furtherly exist is by have some reprehension of living and to condense meaning from fiction.Which is meaning is why to live ,why to aspire,why disclose feelings that are tracked through media.In having an inventory of affirmation one becomes metaphysically stronger and less subtle to societal protocals.An inventory consists of importance but importance that is pervayed by yourself and only by yourself.


Care to Deliberate?


Although I am not absolutely positive, I am concerned that the underlined portion of your original post may contain a grammatical error. If I am incorrect I apologize sincerly.


yes you are correct. it should be having. and i don't know if furtherly is even counted as a word. and then again, it should be conceived, pragmatic, protocols, and pervaded, as my online spelling checker insists. and though your sincerly is supposed to be spelled sincerely, we all commit mistakes.

so, correct me if i'm wrong.

but this is a little bit off-topic.

well the reason of living is to accomplish things you wanna achieve
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kansas City, MO
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

Bleachloverf wrote:


ArchangelElitest wrote:

First, in your post there are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors as well as words that don't actually exist. Second, by delusion I don't mean hallucinations or anything physiological or psychological but any belief that is held by a person that is contrary to facts. It is also easy to confuse conformity with human nature. Many people will have similar aspirations due to the simple fact that they are human, or have had the similar experiences, lived in the area, etc. I have never seen a person who has interests that are completely unlike anyone else's.


hmm ?? quote me next time and tell me where im wrong grammatical error? Where? Be more provisional next time?I never said they weren't like anyone else's but basism and emotions are different then the same cognitive equaled interests read my post plz.<_<Ermm it's not physiological its environmental perception read my post plz <_<.This post has no relevance or validity plz instate a proper jucidual response.Environemntal perception can also be affected by light and the enactment of neuron's thats how we gather and fathom the world around us?.<_<Im not confusing conformity with human nature people appease by conformity for comfort or for the fact that they feel lesser or to oblige by the system.Plus i have lived conformity its not pleasant at all infact it was ceremoniously a hell hole. I made a few mistakes mainly just forgetting an s or adding one letter ermm that's not a really examplified promotion to your cause.


You're right, grammar is not the topic at hand. I still don't understand where you are getting at with your definition of delusion. When I mentioned delusion I was simply using the word to refer to people that are being in denial and trick themselves into believing that they are a certain way. I am in no way referring to external phenomena. I also think that it is presumptuous to assume that you know the reasons why people act. What you see as conformity may not be the case. If you conformed, then so be it and maybe you can testify to some people around you but judging the whole of society is a big claim.
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08
First time I got one hell of a headache here on Crunchyroll after reading complex post one after the other;
It would be nice if you would cut us some slack by sparing us the unusual type of writing that even beats l337 style; Not even my good english teacher will write something as complex as that.

Anyway, If you don't want to conform to the society you belong to, then GTFO of there. Either you go with the flow or isolate yourself with the individuality that you are yearning for. You are free to choose what you want but always be aware of the consequences.

If I missed your point, don't blame me; Your post is very unique; I can barely understand the meaning.

Also somehow you remind me of this user endreance try reading some of his post
Posted 6/6/08
god!

the words made my head hurt ~_~

the point of your life is to LIVE!
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08
You get ten vocab points but a minus ten points for purposely trying to make yourself sound smart. Sorry kid, but some of us are too clever to be taken in by your scheme :\

This thread isn't unique. You asked a very simple question but dressed it up for no reason. In fact, this is actually considered a bad writing style because no one appreciates 'wordiness'.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

Bleachloverf wrote:

What does it mean to exist? To further aspirations that will not be concieved by the world or to flounder in society's rancidness.

To Conform is to necessitate yourself as a progmatic individual abiding by any illusion which is not yourself.To furtherly exist is by have some reprehension of living and to condense meaning from fiction.Which is meaning is why to live ,why to aspire,why disclose feelings that are tracked through media.In having an inventory of affirmation one becomes metaphysically stronger and less subtle to societal protocals.An inventory consists of importance but importance that is pervayed by yourself and only by yourself.


Care to Deliberate?


Don't try to throw in words you can't even use. I really tried to skim through it again. Kill off the run-on sentences next time.

By the way, I do not think conformity is all that pragmatic at all. *eherm* * communism* *eherm*
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

YojimboMifune wrote:

god!

the words made my head hurt ~_~

the point of your life is to LIVE!


Hell yeah!!
Posted 6/6/08
Excruciating headache Damn!

Anyway, I think what you are trying to say is not being true to yourself; There is no english word for this but we Filipinos call this Plastik(Not the one your thinking); Pretending to be all good and perfect to fit in with others while underneath you are something different. You can act differently in different places; So this isn't much of a problem. Like I said, you can choose what you want so don't blame society for obligating(You can GTFO of there anytime) you to it. Are you trying to be a poet or something? The intentional wrong grammars in your post doesn't make you intelligent nor does it do you advantage but it did a good job in making our head hurt. Aside from that, Please pass this post to your teacher as an essay or as whatever you want then tell us his/her reaction.
SamMan 
3821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bothell, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
I feel that our point in life is very simple in that you are you and this is what in front of you. You have needs and something more, curiosity. That is your point in life is to explore and question. To find meaning this why we exist, in my believe. I believe if we knew all the answers of why we are here then there would be no reason for us to exist. It's the questions, curiosity, greed, fear, happiness, hate, and love that drive man to find answer of this universe and that drive coexist with creation and destruction. Our homes, societies, cultures, races, species, worlds can be anything there no boundary to these nor are to the ways we could express or think but one most important factor is we know that we exist. Exist is key i believe to answer. The universe could be nothing but it is not it has us in it therefor it changes and grows and is endless to the possibilities of existent. Human have bad habit of narrowing chooses from fear and survival. There is no destine fate for us, this world those not revolve around us. One day we'll be gone and this universe will still be changing, What important for every single bean in these universe is to find their own purpose by themself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.