First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Laws of Love Class 1B
Deputy Headmistress
9823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
aceeasi Londra
Offline
Posted 6/7/08 , edited 9/12/08
LAWS OF LOVE CLASS 1B



Professors:


1.icekrystal06
2.


Students: (20)
1.hachi94
2.buggie
3.mimi9516
4.lys46
5.Ryoma90
6.Mazzeffah
7.psyopslayerx
8.glory_777
9.mallia
10.yumi_77
11.HanaPoolin
12.mintybaby
13.angelcry12
14.merule96
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.




*Love Academy is looking for 2 Laws of Love Class professors
Member
5483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
opps.....guess I'm too early....class not even starts yet......
Member
69192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, US
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
yeah it hasn't hm.....
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08
Sorry for the late start guys! >< Had a lot to do, but anyways, Firstly, welcome to... (drum roll plz!) "Laws Of Love Class!!" I welcome and thank you all for signing up! I'm the only professor here right now ,so i'll just list my expectations for now, if someone else comes in, we'll sort that out ourselves.



I'll start the introduction. My real name is Jessica, and my username is Icekrystal06, you can call me whatever you want ,Jessica, Jess, Ice, teacher... etc.i'm female and i'm 14 years old. Feel free to introduce urselves and get familiar with ur classmates!


This is me... for now. :P

Although there isn't so many students enrolled right now, I'll start class anyways.
First with class rules, (yes, i know, they're boring, but it'll be over really quickly, promise ) they're very basic and simple, just follow them and you'll do fine.
*It's basically the normal stuff, don't insult others, try to get along with everyone, please do not start speaking in a foreign language, it's very confusing and it messes a lot of things up, and most importantly, please respect everyone around you.* If you are going to be absent for class, it's totally okay, (just don't do it too often) i understand most of us are in different time zones and it's impossible to all get together at once. After i finish with my lessons, all i ask is that you think a little about what i've said and then you're free to discuss among yourselves and chat, but please don't go way too off topic, okay? Thank you all very much!

That's it for rules, now let's start class.



First and foremost, "what is love?" some can say it's the feeling you get from looking into the eyes of a guy/girl you like, some says it's what erases all pains and miseries, and some says love is just... well, love. Love is infinite and intangible, we cannot touch or see it, but we know it's right there and we can feel it when we are with the people or person we love deeply. That person can be your parents, your gf/bf, your siblings, your friends, or even yourself if you want it to be that way. The first most important thing is to learn to love yourself for who you are on the inside, and i know when lots of ppl hear this they go "omg, it's this talk again" but bear it with me, it's the truth. Pretending to be someone else is never the solution and when you want someone to love you, you need them to love you for who you are, not who you are pretending to be, and if you found out that that person only loves you for who you're pretending to be and totally dumps you when you tell them about your true side, then that person is totally not worthy enough for you. If you are ever got dumped in a relationship where the guy/girl thought your inner true self was not as great as they imagined to be, don't blame yourself,. learn to love yourself for who you are and the talents you have. Don't ever think you weren't good enough for you gf/bf, instead, just be yourself and go out there and find someone that can accept you for who you are. There are tons of guys and girls out there, and there definitely is a special one out there just for you. So keep waiting and trying ,and one day you'll find your prince charming/your Cinderella/your true love out there.



<whew> long speech there. Hope that wasn't too overwelming. But anyways, if there's a question or suggestion, please feel free to post and ask, i'm all open.

That's it for today! Thanx for coming.
Member
69192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, US
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

icekrystal06 wrote:



Hi my name is Michael or you can called Mike,Mikey which ever works with you.

Well, I have a question which is basically the class name, "What are laws of love? or are there any?".
Posted 6/10/08

psyopslayerx wrote:


icekrystal06 wrote:



Hi my name is Michael or you can called Mike,Mikey which ever works with you.

Well, I have a question which is basically the class name, "What are laws of love? or are there any?".


well, hi Mike, the answer to ur question is that i don't think there aren't really any specific laws when it comes to love, some ppl can say there are lots of laws and some can say there's only one, it can depend on how u think of it. But here are some basic laws of love that i think is pretty true...

* Love is its own law. Let love be your guiding principle. When in doubt, listen to your heart. Don’t allow mental concepts, beliefs, or assumptions that are not based on love to dictate your behavior.

* The law of source. You are the source of love. The love inside you is abundant and eternal. You don’t need to beg, control, or compromise in order to be loved.

* The law of attraction. The more you focus on love and gratitude, the more you will be surrounded by love. If you complain, blame, and dwell on fear, you’ll attract others who are also resentful, angry, and fearful.

* The law of unity. Love knows no borders and no boundaries. Love includes everyone and everything. Love takes no position, rising above separation. Find unity within by resolving the conflicts inside yourself and you won’t have to act them out with another.

* The law of truth. Let telling the truth about who you are and what you are feeling and thinking be your foundation. Vulnerable self-disclosure allows for empathy and understanding. The more truth is shared the more love grows.

* The law of consciousness. Love is a state of consciousness available only when you’re willing to relinquish your defenses. Protection is a barrier to love. Love cannot be given or taken but it can be shared. The vibration of love in you is often stimulated when you come into contact with one who carries it.

* The law of forgiveness. It’s ok to make mistakes. Very few humans are able to love perfectly. Forgive yourself and others generously and you’ll always have a second chance. Focus more on giving than getting and you’ll have much less forgiving to do.

Some people can say that there are no laws in love ,because love isn't a thing, it's a feeling, but there are also ppl who can disagree with that and say there are lots of laws in love, like to be happily in love, there must be trust, reliance, companionship... etc. and because the laws love is such a broad topic, ppl can go debating on forever, because there is no right answer, it' just depends on what u think is true for yourself. Some ppl feel that they need laws to maintain a good relationship and others like to let themselves go and love without boundaries. Does this answer ur question? Hope it helped
Member
69192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, US
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

icekrystal06 wrote:


psyopslayerx wrote:


icekrystal06 wrote:



Hi my name is Michael or you can called Mike,Mikey which ever works with you.

Well, I have a question which is basically the class name, "What are laws of love? or are there any?".


well, hi Mike, the answer to ur question is that i don't think there aren't really any specific laws when it comes to love, some ppl can say there are lots of laws and some can say there's only one, it can depend on how u think of it. But here are some basic laws of love that i think is pretty true...

* Love is its own law. Let love be your guiding principle. When in doubt, listen to your heart. Don’t allow mental concepts, beliefs, or assumptions that are not based on love to dictate your behavior.

* The law of source. You are the source of love. The love inside you is abundant and eternal. You don’t need to beg, control, or compromise in order to be loved.

* The law of attraction. The more you focus on love and gratitude, the more you will be surrounded by love. If you complain, blame, and dwell on fear, you’ll attract others who are also resentful, angry, and fearful.

* The law of unity. Love knows no borders and no boundaries. Love includes everyone and everything. Love takes no position, rising above separation. Find unity within by resolving the conflicts inside yourself and you won’t have to act them out with another.

* The law of truth. Let telling the truth about who you are and what you are feeling and thinking be your foundation. Vulnerable self-disclosure allows for empathy and understanding. The more truth is shared the more love grows.

* The law of consciousness. Love is a state of consciousness available only when you’re willing to relinquish your defenses. Protection is a barrier to love. Love cannot be given or taken but it can be shared. The vibration of love in you is often stimulated when you come into contact with one who carries it.

* The law of forgiveness. It’s ok to make mistakes. Very few humans are able to love perfectly. Forgive yourself and others generously and you’ll always have a second chance. Focus more on giving than getting and you’ll have much less forgiving to do.

Some people can say that there are no laws in love ,because love isn't a thing, it's a feeling, but there are also ppl who can disagree with that and say there are lots of laws in love, like to be happily in love, there must be trust, reliance, companionship... etc. and because the laws love is such a broad topic, ppl can go debating on forever, because there is no right answer, it' just depends on what u think is true for yourself. Some ppl feel that they need laws to maintain a good relationship and others like to let themselves go and love without boundaries. Does this answer ur question? Hope it helped


Thats a interesting concept of love and its nature of laws. Now trust I can understand, yet watching two people grow and this "feeling" called love, it looks as theres boundaries and lines. The fact the matter is, that what we love and what we adore are simply two different as stated laws of unity that there no boundaries and lines. If love had no boundaries then why are there such things called war? or the simpler terms and day to day ways is called "hate"? Just of the many things there I compel and try to understand since its there. Love does takes side, it takes what your decides and will not give in to other side which is another persons love, thats where test of relationship comes in. And yes, you answered my question :)


Now my next question is, Is there such thing as a yin-yang in love, or a good type of love and bad type of love?
Posted 6/10/08

psyopslayerx wrote:

Thats a interesting concept of love and its nature of laws. Now trust I can understand, yet watching two people grow and this "feeling" called love, it looks as theres boundaries and lines. The fact the matter is, that what we love and what we adore are simply two different as stated laws of unity that there no boundaries and lines. If love had no boundaries then why are there such things called war? or the simpler terms and day to day ways is called "hate"? Just of the many things there I compel and try to understand since its there. Love does takes side, it takes what your decides and will not give in to other side which is another persons love, thats where test of relationship comes in. And yes, you answered my question :)


Now my next question is, Is there such thing as a yin-yang in love, or a good type of love and bad type of love?


I see u've understood the concepts well. I think the reason there is hate in the world is to balance things out. Mostly everything has it's opposites, just like Yin and Yang, and sometimes we can't have one without the other. Love and hate, hate is created because of many reasons, jealousy, ignorance, competition, selfishness, stupidity and sometimes you could love someone so much you begin to develop hatred. Although that is a little extreme and it rarely happens. There is a yin and yang in love i believe yin is the male and yang is the female. of course, yin yang cannot be separated, they must be together to in order to work.Just like love sometimes, one cannot live without the other, if they both loved each other very deeply, then they would be kinda awkward without one another. and there are good and bad types of love. Sometimes, when one gets lucky, they can find true love and maintain a good relationship with their loved one. Sometimes, when one isn't so lucky and finds a bad partner, who is unable to maintain a good relationship, cheats and lies, then the relationship and the love between the two is obviously a bad one. Not everyone is lucky enough to find their true love from the first time, it sometimes can take a lot of time, effort and if ur really unlucky, lots of broken hearts and tears.
Member
69192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, US
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

icekrystal06 wrote:


psyopslayerx wrote:

Thats a interesting concept of love and its nature of laws. Now trust I can understand, yet watching two people grow and this "feeling" called love, it looks as theres boundaries and lines. The fact the matter is, that what we love and what we adore are simply two different as stated laws of unity that there no boundaries and lines. If love had no boundaries then why are there such things called war? or the simpler terms and day to day ways is called "hate"? Just of the many things there I compel and try to understand since its there. Love does takes side, it takes what your decides and will not give in to other side which is another persons love, thats where test of relationship comes in. And yes, you answered my question :)


Now my next question is, Is there such thing as a yin-yang in love, or a good type of love and bad type of love?


I see u've understood the concepts well. I think the reason there is hate in the world is to balance things out. Mostly everything has it's opposites, just like Yin and Yang, and sometimes we can't have one without the other. Love and hate, hate is created because of many reasons, jealousy, ignorance, competition, selfishness, stupidity and sometimes you could love someone so much you begin to develop hatred. Although that is a little extreme and it rarely happens. There is a yin and yang in love i believe yin is the male and yang is the female. of course, yin yang cannot be separated, they must be together to in order to work.Just like love sometimes, one cannot live without the other, if they both loved each other very deeply, then they would be kinda awkward without one another. and there are good and bad types of love. Sometimes, when one gets lucky, they can find true love and maintain a good relationship with their loved one. Sometimes, when one isn't so lucky and finds a bad partner, who is unable to maintain a good relationship, cheats and lies, then the relationship and the love between the two is obviously a bad one. Not everyone is lucky enough to find their true love from the first time, it sometimes can take a lot of time, effort and if ur really unlucky, lots of broken hearts and tears.


So thats where the quote comes from "the trail of tears" comes from, I agree that hate is created to balance the world yet my own personal belief that hate is created from the love where jealously, ignorance, selfishness is created,and etc... The best example of that concept is Star wars in Episode 3, it shows the perception of love can create. I never looked at love, in yin-yang as being male and female counterpart, which really makes a lot senses and wholeheartedly agree. you really got a lot interesting answers, yet bad relationship is not bad love its just a mismatch from personality, and true love....well...I guess that can be good type of love. I have no more further question for now, this is some deep answers.
Posted 6/10/08
you're welcome, i'm glad i could help
Member
5483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/10/08 , edited 6/10/08

icekrystal06 wrote:


...I'm Amie....nice to meet u sensei.....your lecture about "what is love" is so deeply....
.....uhm sensei.....not so many people know what love truly is =[ and a lot of people now don't believe in "love forever and ever like in the fairy tale"....is it because now we have a different way of looking at love?....and why is it?....
Posted 6/11/08 , edited 6/11/08

buggie wrote:

...I'm Amie....nice to meet u sensei.....your lecture about "what is love" is so deeply....
.....uhm sensei.....not so many people know what love truly is =[ and a lot of people now don't believe in "love forever and ever like in the fairy tale"....is it because now we have a different way of looking at love?....and why is it?....


First of all, hi Amie, it's nice to meet u too! The answer to your question, well, it's hard to say because times are changing, and we are not like how we used to be, where people were very innocent and didn't believe in things like dating. In fairy tales, they do always end up living happily ever and after. I guess u could say we're just very innocent back then and didn't believe in things like cheating on one another, heck, they probably didn't even know what "cheating" was, so there was no way they would have cheated or done something bad to each other. But nowadays, people are changing, and as we get familiar to the world of relationships and love... a lot of bad things are created. You are very correct, the perceptions of love are really changing in everyone's eyes and that's when things such as cheating on each other, getting revenge...etc is created. I'd say as we are progressing into the future, a lot more bad things are beginning to happen for small reasons. There are ppl out there who actually kill their gf/bfs because their partner dumped them for someone else and they want to seek revenge. But does that really solve the problem? Of course not, as i said before, there are tons of guys and girls out there, it's up to ourselves to find the right one for us. and yes, a lot of ppl don't know what love is, it's because the topic "love" is so broad, there are sometimes misconceptions about what it truly is. Love can be different things to different people, to somebody it could just be their bf/gf and for someone else, it could be their dog or a hobby. Love is the feeling you get when you think you are happy on the inside being with a person, people, things, pets, or just simply doing something, like sports or a hobby. This could often be mixed up with just being happy or friendship, but love is more than that, love is passion. and i guess love and friendship runs on the same line, they are very alike. When you love someone, someone of the same gender, then it would very likely end up as friendship between the two. If it's someone of the opposite gender, it could also end up as friendship, or it could end up as true love. Sometimes people say that you will end up marrying your best guy friend if u are a girl and your best girl friend if u are a guy, because they know you the best and they can please you and understand you. But some ppl also claim that if u dated your best friend and u guys broke up with each other, it's then impossible to maintain the friendship that used to be there because both of you would feel awkward. It could go either way, and luck, is really a big part in love and i think luck, trust reliablity and of course, love, is most important in a relationship. When you love someone very very much, and they love u back, it'll eventually turn into a relationship.

<whew!> Hope i helped and it wasn't to confusing! if u have any more questions, just ask!
Member
69192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, US
Offline
Posted 6/11/08

icekrystal06 wrote:


buggie wrote:

...I'm Amie....nice to meet u sensei.....your lecture about "what is love" is so deeply....
.....uhm sensei.....not so many people know what love truly is =[ and a lot of people now don't believe in "love forever and ever like in the fairy tale"....is it because now we have a different way of looking at love?....and why is it?....


First of all, hi Amie, it's nice to meet u too! The answer to your question, well, it's hard to say because times are changing, and we are not like how we used to be, where people were very innocent and didn't believe in things like dating. In fairy tales, they do always end up living happily ever and after. I guess u could say we're just very innocent back then and didn't believe in things like cheating on one another, heck, they probably didn't even know what "cheating" was, so there was no way they would have cheated or done something bad to each other. But nowadays, people are changing, and as we get familiar to the world of relationships and love... a lot of bad things are created. You are very correct, the perceptions of love are really changing in everyone's eyes and that's when things such as cheating on each other, getting revenge...etc is created. I'd say as we are progressing into the future, a lot more bad things are beginning to happen for small reasons. There are ppl out there who actually kill their gf/bfs because their partner dumped them for someone else and they want to seek revenge. But does that really solve the problem? Of course not, as i said before, there are tons of guys and girls out there, it's up to ourselves to find the right one for us. and yes, a lot of ppl don't know what love is, it's because the topic "love" is so broad, there are sometimes misconceptions about what it truly is. Love can be different things to different people, to somebody it could just be their bf/gf and for someone else, it could be their dog or a hobby. Love is the feeling you get when you think you are happy on the inside being with a person, people, things, pets, or just simply doing something, like sports or a hobby. This could often be mixed up with just being happy or friendship, but love is more than that, love is passion. and i guess love and friendship runs on the same line, they are very alike. When you love someone, someone of the same gender, then it would very likely end up as friendship between the two. If it's someone of the opposite gender, it could also end up as friendship, or it could end up as true love. Sometimes people say that you will end up marrying your best guy friend if u are a girl and your best girl friend if u are a guy, because they know you the best and they can please you and understand you. But some ppl also claim that if u dated your best friend and u guys broke up with each other, it's then impossible to maintain the friendship that used to be there because both of you would feel awkward. It could go either way, and luck, is really a big part in love and i think luck, trust reliablity and of course, love, is most important in a relationship. When you love someone very very much, and they love u back, it'll eventually turn into a relationship.

<whew!> Hope i helped and it wasn't to confusing! if u have any more questions, just ask! :D


Its true on the facts of basis you say, and watching old movies recommend with Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly or Fred Astire which is a depictions of what love was considered in 1940's and 1950's when love was captured in the best image. Now I for one, as a guy is sticking those ways the modern ways. I did wonder where all the romance has gone since although I can say a thing or two why its lost. But thats the concerned here, its more on the point of people about these changes. Now about meeting someone and ending up in friendship...well as a guy every girl is a friend. Now thats society displaying its belief and best friends are really best friends even when married its still called best friends just with status(though thats my personal belief). My question is, does society have the last saying about who loves who? since most of what your stating, is stated as what society says(and I am against society )
Posted 6/11/08

psyopslayerx wrote:

Its true on the facts of basis you say, and watching old movies recommend with Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly or Fred Astire which is a depictions of what love was considered in 1940's and 1950's when love was captured in the best image. Now I for one, as a guy is sticking those ways the modern ways. I did wonder where all the romance has gone since although I can say a thing or two why its lost. But thats the concerned here, its more on the point of people about these changes. Now about meeting someone and ending up in friendship...well as a guy every girl is a friend. Now thats society displaying its belief and best friends are really best friends even when married its still called best friends just with status(though thats my personal belief). My question is, does society have the last saying about who loves who? since most of what your stating, is stated as what society says(and I am against society )


hm... interesting question... i think society does have a certain amount of impact on who can love who, and it isn't the only thing, race, gender, social status has a say in this as well, and most often, parents play a big role in this. I believe that society does have a say about who loves who, but the person themselves have the last say, because everyone has a free will and can do what they want to do to be with the one they truly love. Society can obstruct you way, but it is up to you to decide if u wanna listen to them or put the words of the society behind u and try ur best to be with ur love and hopefully ur love will do the same thing for you... and sometimes, a lot of things can have an impact on love. I guess it's just not easy to build up the perfect relationship...
Member
12588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/08
hi there!new student here...hey teach you have some pretty deep answers!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.