First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Which JPop artist/group has the most chance of being a success in the West?-Why?
Posted 6/13/08

Severina wrote:

I guess, none of them


It is possible to suggest another Asian artist/group.Had you an alternative suggestion?

72698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Cologne, Germany
Offline
Posted 6/13/08

Tribble wrote:
Had you an alternative suggestion?


To be honest, no I think, an Asian artist can't be successful in the west. Anyway, I can't imagine this
Posted 6/13/08

Severina wrote:


Tribble wrote:
Had you an alternative suggestion?


To be honest, no I think, an Asian artist can't be successful in the west. Anyway, I can't imagine this


I would be interested to know your reasons.I personally think that this has been the case in the past but I think that the internet has greatly improved the links between East and West.This is particularly true of JRock-not especially in the UK but in Germany,for example,Japanese bands have a significant following.I would not think it very long before someone Eastern became popular.But,what convinces you otherwise?
72698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Cologne, Germany
Offline
Posted 6/13/08

Tribble wrote:

I would be interested to know your reasons.I personally think that this has been the case in the past but I think that the internet has greatly improved the links between East and West.This is particularly true of JRock-not especially in the UK but in Germany,for example,Japanese bands have a significant following.I would not think it very long before someone Eastern became popular.But,what convinces you otherwise?


I would give you a good reason, if my english would be better But I will try to explain

Here in Germany I haven't realized till now, that japanese bands are popular. In my opinion is it only a minority, who really likes japanese or asian music. And I can't imagine that this minority is enough to make a asian band or artist famous in Germany or another western country At any rate, I can't imagine it now. Maybe in a few years
305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
Well, there are definitely more JPop/JRock artists that I'd take into consideration, but I said Gackt.
Posted 6/13/08 , edited 6/13/08

Jonsol wrote:

Well, there are definitely more JPop/JRock artists that I'd take into consideration, but I said Gackt.

Thanks for your comments.Gackt's spoken English is stronger and more fluent than any other on the list.He would certainly be a favourite!You can suggest another artist to add to the list if you think that they are a better candidate.I have already added two more artists and am collecting votes for them.
Feel free to make a suggestion.I would be interested to know your reasons.

Posted 6/13/08

Severina wrote:


Tribble wrote:

I would be interested to know your reasons.I personally think that this has been the case in the past but I think that the internet has greatly improved the links between East and West.This is particularly true of JRock-not especially in the UK but in Germany,for example,Japanese bands have a significant following.I would not think it very long before someone Eastern became popular.But,what convinces you otherwise?


I would give you a good reason, if my english would be better But I will try to explain

Here in Germany I haven't realized till now, that japanese bands are popular. In my opinion is it only a minority, who really likes japanese or asian music. And I can't imagine that this minority is enough to make a asian band or artist famous in Germany or another western country At any rate, I can't imagine it now. Maybe in a few years


Here we would be talking "JRock"rather than JPop-the two can have a very different fan following!Could you use an online translator to give your good reason?I have to do that,sometimes!(Google have one,for example...)-No pressure,here!!!!
11928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / lucena city, Phil...
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
ARASHI
3921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / TOMA's lap
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
kat tun..<3
1190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / MaLaYSia going to...
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
i tjavascript:void(0)
Imagehink arashi bcos i heard they're already so famous there... but i prefer news
Posted 6/14/08

syayumi wrote:

i tjavascript:void(0)
Imagehink arashi bcos i heard they're already so famous there... but i prefer news

Are you voting for News?

305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/14/08
I only know of Korean artists that transitioned to Japanese, lol.
9289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Seattle (in a Sta...
Offline
Posted 6/16/08
KAT-TUN 4ever!!!
34886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
in the souls of e...
Offline
Posted 6/18/08
i voted gackt cause well i am a gackt fan hehe and well also he has been out here in america a few times now although only once playing with S.K.I.N. hehe but hes made it out here, and well i dont really have a good reason to why he would be good for out here but i think his music is very good and people would enjoy it.

another on the list would be SMAP hehe cause they are pretty good also but i only know like 2 songs though hehe but they could probly make it
4876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/18/08
kat-tun!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.