First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
great site but not so good forums
30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
Ironically, I'm starting to agree with you bawitback, yet I was the one who suggested the forums. My how the tables have changed...
529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 10/4/06

Crossy wrote:

Ironically, I'm starting to agree with you bawitback, yet I was the one who suggested the forums. My how the tables have changed...


The addition of a forum was one of the greatest idea for this site, but it's a shame that most people don't realize what the function of a forum is. I hope that some structure or organization will be added to this forum sooner or later. At this point there's hardly any topics up for discussion anymore.

14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
Its a shame when people get so stuck on one point that one can know what they are going to say next
30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
Well, I'll agree with that Saint. I still stand by my decision of the making of the forums. Just now, if I knew how they'd turn out, I'd whole-heartedly advice against it. The forum idea isn't bad, but there needs to be a better base for it and hopefully a moderation system.

55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/06

krazy wrote:

i think this is a great site but this site has a really bad forum, the forum is so disorganized, you cant find threads that you want, soooo messed up, should have different sections
who agrees?


This entire thread is an example of whats causing these forums to be disorganized. The very last page for threads has the very first official call in the form of a thread to get moderators. There is a little sticky if you can recall that is for suggestions...or did you want to do that except in the form of bitching. Don't be ungrateful; Shinji has a life too other than us and can't always take time locking our threads or organizing them into categories between anime, video games, and random talk. That's why, although I did take advantage a couple times of the non moderation thing, I still try not to bother Shinji too much just to ask him to lock too many threads when they can obviously be handled themselves, and will eventually die.
30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 10/4/06

arx7arbalest wrote:


krazy wrote:

i think this is a great site but this site has a really bad forum, the forum is so disorganized, you cant find threads that you want, soooo messed up, should have different sections
who agrees?


This entire thread is an example of whats causing these forums to be disorganized. The very last page for threads has the very first official call in the form of a thread to get moderators. There is a little sticky if you can recall that is for suggestions...or did you want to do that except in the form of bitching. Don't be ungrateful; Shinji has a life too other than us and can't always take time locking our threads or organizing them into categories between anime, video games, and random talk. That's why, although I did take advantage a couple times of the non moderation thing, I still try not to bother Shinji too much just to ask him to lock too many threads when they can obviously be handled themselves, and will eventually die.


Being a Computer Science major and having taken previous programming courses I can say without a doubt that it would take probably less than 10 minutes to break up the forums into several boards in which topics can be posted. Sure, it would take longer to sort out the topics, but it is programmable where the stickes will appear in every board, and for now he could put all the topics under a random category. Now, I don't know how much Shinji knows about programming; however, I am almost 100% sure he could've easily done the forums in half the time it took him to get uploading up.
Also, he didn't bother Shinji one bit, so you're whole "I try not to bother Shinji" line is very pointless in a rebuttal against his post and if you read carefully the subject of his post isn't a suggestion, its about the disorganization, therefore, why would he put this under the suggestion thread? And if you call his one sentence complaint that most of the people on the forum agree with bitching I feel sorry for you when you walk into the real world. You'll get bitched at 24/7 at work. Also, you say this topic adds to the disorganization, which is completely irrational. I don't think ONE more forum will make everyone go "Okay, NOW I'm confused." Honestly, I the fact that you're standing up for Shinji to be honorable, because he is helping out all of us in various ways; however, I find almost everything else said there to either be blantent lies or just disrespcetful. Saying "I try not to bother Shinji" automatically implies that the creator DOES bother Shinji, which is bullshit. I'm not standing up for the topic creator, but if anything, you're more immature and moronic than he is. Just my two cents though.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
No. He could have simply said in the sugestions thread "Can you divide up the forums into categories?" Maybe I was too hard to in stating he was bitching and I don't know much about prgramming, so I didn't know it didn't bother Shinji. Krazy never needed everyone to agree that the forums needed to be split into categories.
If you had to take time out of your life just to point out my faults in such a way that you did, that barely puts YOU above me. I guess Krazy is more mature than both of us.
30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but "If you had to take time out of your life just to point out my flaws in such a way that you did, that bearly puts YOU above me." Well, first off, I didn't HAVE to do anything. Criticism has made some famous people who they are. You have to know your flaws in order to get better, so sorry for trying to help. Unless its my fashion of which you dislike, in which case, explain what I did wrong, because once again, criticism is helpful. Also, you're right, he COULD'VE posted in the suggestion box and changed his wording, but what I was saying was his original post was not a suggestion and like I stated before, I'm not trying to stand up for the guy. But considering my mother and sister are both social workers, I find it horrible that you think that because I "had" to take time out to critique you I'm an immature person. Tell me where I stated lies anyway? You even said yourself you know nothing about computer programming and you were too harsh on the guy, so honestly, I don't think anything I said in my previous post is wrong. I still stand by the fact that you were immature to make fun of the guy and moronic for trying to talk about something you know nothing about (computer programming). However, I do give you a lot more respect for admiting that you made mistakes. After all, its not an error until you refuse to correct it. But please, enlighten me on how I was immature. I even stated that you were honorable for standing up for Shinji, so I honestly don't get how in the world anything I said before makes me immature. But once agian, just my two cents.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, night all.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/06
Umm....I said faults............akward
15809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/5/06
i dunno, i don' really like the idea of mods..

the forum should have different sections like
Off Topic
Video/anime Discussion

and i can't think of ne other right now, im too tired...


also, i think it would be a good idea to have a search field to search for the topic u want.

30586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/06

arx7arbalest wrote:

Umm....I said faults............akward


Yeah, faults = flaws. Unless you speak some weird version of English... I never liked the word faults so I replaced it with flaws. Sorry if that confused you.
Jsu
1929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Succesfully kille...
Offline
Posted 10/5/06
Yup great site for sure, but we need to divide the forums into sub-sections so it's easier to maneuver. There are so many new threads being added that someone has already started from before.
1571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M / donkeyville - UK...
Offline
Posted 10/5/06

Crossy wrote:


krazy wrote:

being a mod or admin with school is kinda hard, i should kinda know


I completely disagree with you. Its only hard if you can't manage your time well. I'm a moderator on a different forum and also an admin on a game server, plus I have school from 7:30 to 3:30 everyday. Then marching band from 3:45 to 5:45 on Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays and I still find time to do everything I need to do. Like write college applications, hang out with friends, study, and maintain peace in the forums and server. You just have to know what to do and when... Sure, there are hours were you'll be completely unaviable, but that doesn't mean you can't be a moderator. Hell, people usually have the same sleeping schedules, that doesn't mean that they shouldnt be a moderator because they sleep from 11 to 6 or whatever. *shrugs* Its all time management.


i didn't say i only do moderating i have to download, upload,convert, get orders for games i play and many many other things to do
15944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/06
So I am happy that everyone things I shud be a mod really appreciate it guyz
282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/5/06
i don't
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.