First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Are you saved and still believe in Jesus?
Posted 6/9/08

BankaiMalaria wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

Am I the only that LOL while reading this page? I find it hilarious how some thirteen year old is telling us all this crap. My fav picture in this thread was the one with the bible.


I've been loling the whole time. Usually I get into arguments on these kinds of threads, but now I'm just resisting the urge to post pedobear pictures.


I found the fact that the kid said "lake of fire" hilarious. Post the pedobear!!! People on cr sure love making threads about religion and sexual orientation.
5719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
Jesus- "lol, I'm going to spew a bunch of crap from my mouth about how I'm the son of an omnipotent god and gather a huge following to gain fame throughout time because people at this age are so fucking gullible"

I don't really care "what" he was, as far as I'm concerned he was a jew with a goatee.
282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/9/08 , edited 6/9/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:


BankaiMalaria wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

Am I the only that LOL while reading this page? I find it hilarious how some thirteen year old is telling us all this crap. My fav picture in this thread was the one with the bible.


I've been loling the whole time. Usually I get into arguments on these kinds of threads, but now I'm just resisting the urge to post pedobear pictures.


I found the fact that the kid said "lake of fire" hilarious. Post the pedobear!!! People on cr sure love making threads about religion and sexual orientation.


I find the fact that kids her age believe everything they hear anyways. Take the little catholic boys and their pastors for example XD. Im tempted to edit a pedobear into her picture, but I think that would be too mean :3
1385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Not telling...
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
i don't believe cause i am asian and most asians aren't christians
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 6/9/08

music190 wrote:


hyenas wrote:


music190 wrote:



Touche.



Wrong. Atheism is not a belief. It is the lack of one. The only "atheism" is even a word is that it is stupidly assumed in our society that Christianity is the default religion. There is no word for someone who doesn't believe in Loki, there should be no word for someone who doesn't believe in any of the above. And don't get me started on the fools calling atheism a "religion." Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color.


So what do you Atheist call it then? A happening? So if you believe that the world just popped up one day, welp then, you have more faith then me.


No, nobody believes that. It is a mischaracterization by Christians. It is what is known as a strawman argument: misstating your opponent's position in order to more easily attack it. Nobody believes that the world "just popped up one day" fully formed. The universe took eons to form. The Earth took billions of years to gather from asteroids and dust, for the oceans to form from millions tons of comet ice, for that atmosphere to form, for life to come into being, and for us to evolve.
Posted 6/9/08
Another brainwashed person . . .
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
yay
501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / lurking.
Offline
Posted 6/9/08

simo2332 wrote:


gottalaugh wrote:

Are you christian and is saved? Jesus is awesome! I dont care if you are white, black or if your a yellow polka-dotted freak with 8 arms and legs, you still would need Jesus! Some people when they think about Jesus they think about either very religious people who beleive that contacting the holy Lord you have to go through a very holy and sacred process. But that is not always the truth. Some people will probably read this and skip it thinking I am not going to read that it is just someone trying to preach. But that is not what I am doing, I am just going to put this on your mind, are you really christian? If u are then are you really saved from Hell's grasp by asking Jesus to come to your heart?Think about it! Post your comments. I'd like to hear them all.



lolz i used to be a christian, but then i grew up... a little.
i have two questions for any one who wants to answer.
1: if god knows everything your going to do (because hes all knowing), why would he punish you even tho he made you knowing that you were going to sin?
2: what is the purpose for gods existence, keeping in mind if he did not exist nothing would?


1. Because he loves you. He wants you to have the CHOICE to make good or bad decisions, and then suffer the consequences. It's sort of like when you have children. You know they're going to screw up, and by punishing them you teach them that bad choices have bad consequences.
2. Do you mean purpose as in "How does believing in God benefit me?" or "Why does this creature exist, period?"
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 6/9/08

gottalaugh wrote:

Are you christian and is saved? Jesus is awesome! I dont care if you are white, black or if your a yellow polka-dotted freak with 8 arms and legs, you still would need Jesus! Some people when they think about Jesus they think about either very religious people who beleive that contacting the holy Lord you have to go through a very holy and sacred process. But that is not always the truth. Some people will probably read this and skip it thinking I am not going to read that it is just someone trying to preach. But that is not what I am doing, I am just going to put this on your mind, are you really christian? If u are then are you really saved from Hell's grasp by asking Jesus to come to your heart?Think about it! Post your comments. I'd like to hear them all.


stop trying to recruit people. If they don't believe in jesus or already have another christian denomination, why would they need to be saved?
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Black Hole
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
wow... this thread turned into an anti-Christianity thread...

@topic

i'm a Christian by i don't get offended by these anti-Christianity mocks, since i am not that religious. lol

:lol:
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
Learn the way of the hobbs! for he is the only tiger that can take you to salvation! Join the movement

HOBBS
139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / A dark room full...
Offline
Posted 6/9/08 , edited 6/9/08
I believe in the giant flying spaghetti monster



ALL HAIL THE MAGNIFICENT NOODLE GOD HE SHALL SAVE US ALL FROM DAMNATION!!!!!

Are you pastafarian and is saved? spaghetti monster is awesome! I dont care if you are white, black or if your a yellow polka-dotted freak with 8 arms and legs, you still would need the giant spaghetti monster ! Some people when they think about the giant spaghetti monster they think about either very religious people who believe that contacting the holy Lord Image you have to go through a very holy and sacred process. But that is not always the truth. Some people will probably read this and skip it thinking I am not going to read that it is just someone trying to preach. But that is not what I am doing, I am just going to put this on your mind, are you really pastafarian? If u are then are you really saved from Hell's grasp by asking the giant spaghetti monster to come to your heart?Think about it! Post your comments. I'd like to hear them all.

4442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Over the californ...
Offline
Posted 6/9/08 , edited 6/9/08
Well im cathloic and i dont care much i just think beliveing in god and jesus is enough but to think other things is dumb a bit im not really religouse much
8512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/08
nah i dont believe in him but sumtime i felt hes there or do i cuz i remember i couldnt go into my friends house cuz i didnt believe in him n didnt get saved so she kicked me out of the house. how rude but she also kicked her daughter too so we were just chillin at my house. thank god my parents dont judge
501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / lurking.
Offline
Posted 6/9/08

lilaznmidgetdude wrote:

I want to believe there's a god, but I just don't see any evidence. All I see are unexplained questions and some random thing made up to give ourselves an answer.

I have a few questions to people who can answer:
1.) Why would God make us with so many flaws?

2.) Why would he let diseases and other horrible things happen in the world? (Like the skin disease Harlequin Ichthyosis. Try going to Google Images for that one. It's really nasty though.)

3.) Why make souls that won't believe in him and then punish them by burning them in hell for eternity when he should know that they wouldn't believe?

EDIT:
4.) Why doesn't he show himself and prove everybody wrong and save billions of souls from hell? (If you assume it exists)

Sorry for the length, but you asked some very heavy questions.

1. Initially, we were born 'saved' as in our souls were perfect/unmarred, as were our bodies. But God gave us the choice to choose to stay like this or to choose to do whatever the hell we wanted. We chose to do whatever the hell we wanted, and thusly we became flawed.
2. There are partially some scientific reasons behind this (and if you PM me I'll elaborate further), but it was a by-product of our choosing to live a flawed life.
3. This is a complex question. Firstly, sending you to Hell isn't punishment. He created you with free will because he wanted you to decide whether or not to be with him. If you decide that you don't want to be with him, he doesn't want to FORCE you to be with him. That would be akin to rape, in my opinion. First, let me give you a very very brief history lesson to explain what happened with Hell.
A. Lucifer was God's right hand man, so to speak, because of his status and beauty he became arrogant and basically decided he would make a better God, then, well, God, so he rebelled and was later thrown out of Heaven and to Earth. Because he was so corrupted he basically became an entirely different person (and thus that's why his name was changed).
B. God had loved Lucifer dearly, and after Lucifer rebelled He became lonely and developed the Earth further and put humans on it, equipping them with independant thought, free will, a soul, and all that jazz.
C. As the story goes, Lucifer tempted Eve, and as a result corruption entered the earth, etc, etc. Well, after that he was banished to Hell, which wasn't initially all evil-nasty-fires-of-hell kind of a place. It was, I believe, described as a Void. There wasn't anything there. He shaped it that way, knowing that was the only other place to send souls if they didn't choose to live with God. Why'd he make it like that? Partially as a reflection of himself, and partially because he hates us humans as we replaced him.
"But, Rowena," You say, "Couldn't he have created another place to send them, instead of making them suffer?" Yes? Well...When we decide not to be with him, he can't protect us anymore without violating our free will. Which, although he has the ability, he won't do. It's the rape metaphor I alluded to, earlier.
4. Because there's evidence already here, we have the choice to regard it and weigh it without bias, or to disregard it and go on with our lives. Part of the reason he doesn't reveal himself is because his presence is amazingly powerful. If he showed himself fully, then it would also be akin to rape, you would have no choice but to believe in him and be with him. He wants you to have the choice.

Please, feel free to give a rebuttal, I'll answer to the best of my ability. And if you're of the laconic sort: flame. I don't give a damn.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.